Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Carroll 35m or Carroll 15m

Read 7036 times
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Re: Carroll 35m or Carroll 15m
      Reply #46: May 31, 2011 08:52:21 am
      For someone who's name is "Big Andy" you don't seem to be too much of a fan.  :f_tongueincheek:   ;D
      Iā€™m a big fan of Andy Carroll. Basically i just wanted other peopleā€™s opinion because Iā€™m sick of people wanting Aguero. Its perfectly fine with me if they want him but with Suarez Carroll and Aguero all the in the first 11 thatā€™s just not good. Carroll needs wingers. I think people should just stop putting Carroll in their starting 11 just because they feel that he needs to play and have success because of the money we spent on him.  Personally I think he will have success and we donā€™t need someone like Aguero and even if Carroll doesnā€™t do well itā€™s not the end of the world because most good teams have one big star shining whilst one a little star next to them. E.g. Arsenal Van Persie is their big star and players like Bendtner or Chamakh is there little stars. Again though I think we will have two big Stars up front.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #47: May 31, 2011 09:43:46 am
       I think we will see the true value of Andy Carroll next season,he was injured when we signed and I do not think he ever really got match fit this season.With a bit of luck he will not have those problems next season and when  we win the league his 35 million will turn out to be the bargain of the year.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #48: May 31, 2011 09:44:23 am
      Iā€™m a big fan of Andy Carroll. Basically I just wanted other peopleā€™s opinion because Iā€™m sick of people wanting Aguero. Its perfectly fine with me if they want him but with Suarez Carroll and Aguero all the in the first 11 thatā€™s just not good.

Really?

If we want to be back where we belong, and that's winning league titles, then you can't have enough good players in your squad.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #49: May 31, 2011 09:46:26 am
      As others have posted, price tag is irrelevant. Pretty sure Henry said in an interview their view at the time was that the Torres fee had to be 'Carroll + Ā£15m' - Newcastle wanted Ā£35m, so we screwed the Chavs for Ā£50m. At the moment, who is the better buy ?

Also, this is a squad game now - to compete at the top end of the game, you need 4 strikers, who offer different combinations. Who did we have at the start of the season - Torres, Ngog and Kuyt, who was really playing on the wing ?

Now we have Suarez and Carroll, and we are looking like selling Ngog and buying A.N. Other striker, surely that is a good thing ?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #50: May 31, 2011 11:24:21 am
      You can't replace N'Gog, he's f**king boss!!!

;D.

To be fair to him, he has got better, but we need better is all.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #51: May 31, 2011 11:24:23 am
      so what have said wrong to warrant a warning. Its a forum isnt it aernt I allowed to say I dont rate a player.
      Ye you is mate but he Liverpool player and he no full season so you support him, so you wrong comment as he no given chance by you
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #52: May 31, 2011 12:53:24 pm
      Little Mickey O out of contract?
       :lmao:
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #53: May 31, 2011 01:55:13 pm
      Far too much money, those that gloss over can do so though. For sure if another club had signed him for that much we would be laughing & saying they paid way, way way too much for a half decent player that wasnt even fit when signed! As for people saying we signed him after a certain 'judas' left.... Hmmm, think about that Carroll is just as bad for the way he left Newcastle.

Carroll is of an age where at that cost he should be already doing it, it was only a year or so back that he had just been outscored in a crappy league by numerous players. Not a total waste of money, but without doubt a waste of Ā£20M.

I have never heard any LFC fan saying they would love him at the club & that was when talk of him costing Ā£10 or Ā£15m was banded about. Was he bigged up opn here? Was he talked about by anyone in the same way people talk of others?

We could have got a wide man & a striker for that much, or kept the money & used it now on say turan & matta. Then with the extra money from the Yanks (which some here seem to think is millions) a stiker could have been purchased.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #54: May 31, 2011 03:00:49 pm
      I have never heard any LFC fan saying they would love him at the club & that was when talk of him costing Ā£10 or Ā£15m was banded about. Was he bigged up on here?

This topic seems to contradict (to a great extent) your dramatic, sweeping, generalisation of a statement. .....maybe it's just that you move in better circles; eh?

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=36152.30

Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Reply #55: May 31, 2011 03:31:34 pm
      Carroll can be a great success but what we don't want is the long ball being pumped up to him from the back every time the way it was against Tottenham.

p.s. How do I post a photo on here? It's that long since I did it, I've forgotten.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #56: May 31, 2011 05:50:47 pm
      This topic seems to contradict (to a great extent) your dramatic, sweeping, generalisation of a statement. .....maybe it's just that you move in better circles; eh?

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=36152.30

Really not sure what you are getting at? For a start that topic was started on the day we signed him wasnt it? I was asking if anyone here had really pushed for the Carroll transfer before we were linked in such a way, how many here banged on about him like they have many others players. Certainly no Liverpool fan suggested it would be so great if we signed him, let alone for Ā£35M

And then when I do read the thread, I see :-

ā€œHe's injured though with a thigh strain.After Aquilani we should stay clearā€

ā€œbut still think 30 million is too muchā€

ā€œI know we could be getting a bit desperate right now with the Torres situation and all that but, I think Ā£30 million for Carroll is too highā€

ā€œ20 whatever million for Suarez, who has been banging goals in all over the place and at the world cup, but Carrol based on a good half a season in the EPL is worth 7 million more!!!  Bloody mental!ā€

ā€œMore than Villa cost Barca. Worlds gone mad, why does being British put an extra Ā£15 million on top of a players fee?ā€

That to me backs up what I have said. No doubt people came out after the deal was done, claiming this & that. Indeed I accept I might be wrong (Its just I have not been proved otherwise) & that plenty of LFC fans really wanted Carroll & that he was on their wishlists just like players like Matta, Turan & even the likes of Llorentte. Are you saying Carroll was the talk of the Kop? A player that we really wanted to sign & was talked about in such high regard? I dont think so & I have not seen or heard anything to make me change my view.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #57: May 31, 2011 07:26:23 pm
      I was asking if anyone here had really pushed for the Carroll transfer before we were linked in such a way, how many here banged on about him like they have many others players. Certainly no Liverpool fan suggested it would be so great if we signed him, let alone for Ā£35M

Good point, well made and fair enough. If you 'say' you never heard anyone say that he'd be a good signing, before he signed, I won't argue.

It's obvious you don't like Carroll mickey - again; fair enough but the truth is: you don't actually seem to be too positive about anything L.F.C. (in 2011) including our owners. Following this club seems to pain you mickey and that is wrong mate. Nothing you love should make you feel that bad or always angry mate. If this was a woman making you feel this way I'd be advising you dump her: can one dump a football club?

I don't know what to say but I wish you happiness mickey. Stay strong fella.

Y.N.W.A.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #58: May 31, 2011 08:26:39 pm
      I was asking if anyone here had really pushed for the Carroll transfer before we were linked in such a way, how many here banged on about him like they have many others players. Certainly no Liverpool fan suggested it would be so great if we signed him, let alone for Ā£35M

It could be that the Carroll transfer came a bit out of the blue and was done in a day without weeks of gossip, links, ITK's etc all going on about it.

Most of the players we go on about wanting to sign are one's who are constantly linked to us over weeks and months which puts the player in our minds and gives an opportunity to talk about it.

Still not sure why it's necessary for us to have been pushing for the signing as you say in order to make it a good signing for the club.

Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #59: May 31, 2011 11:07:23 pm
      Really?

If we want to be back where we belong, and that's winning league titles, then you can't have enough good players in your squad.
      I recall me saying you cannot have Suarez Carroll and a player like Aguero in the first 11. Sure you can have all 3 in your squad but i wouldnt.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #60: May 31, 2011 11:34:21 pm
      so what have said wrong to warrant a warning. Its a forum isnt it aernt I allowed to say I dont rate a player.
      Rocky's previous comment was a joke but surely we are allowed to criticize a player without given a warning?!?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #61: Jun 01, 2011 12:00:56 am
      Rocky's previous comment was a joke but surely we are allowed to criticize a player without given a warning?!?
      Mate whatever Rocky's comments were,should be listened to,but the topic determines the validity of those.For me,this is an irrelavent topic,because basically,Abramovic paid enough money for "sulky" to allow us to buy Carroll and part of Suarez,so who got the better deal?
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #62: Jun 01, 2011 12:50:48 am
      Mate whatever Rocky's comments were,should be listened to,but the topic determines the validity of those.For me,this is an irrelavent topic,because basically,Abramovic paid enough money for "sulky" to allow us to buy Carroll and part of Suarez,so who got the better deal?
      we wont know the definite answer to that till end of next season. What if sulky picks up and carroll has a shocker? My opinion of carroll was it wasnt his choice to come here and i just fear that when the pressure of being at such a big club he may crack but lets see hope he proves me wrong but then again im always right so lets just wait and see.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #63: Jun 01, 2011 01:13:23 am
      I recall me saying you cannot have Suarez Carroll and a player like Aguero in the first 11. Sure you can have all 3 in your squad but I wouldnt.

You can fit Carroll, Suarez and Aguero into the same 11

Suarez   Aguero   Maxi

Carroll

Suarez    Carroll    Aguero

2 ways to fit them into the first 11.
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #64: Jun 01, 2011 01:21:54 am
      You can fit Carroll, Suarez and Aguero into the same 11

Suarez   Aguero   Maxi

Carroll

Suarez    Carroll    Aguero

2 ways to fit them into the first 11.
      forget augero he wont even consider a club whose not in the champions league.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #65: Jun 01, 2011 01:25:32 am
      Stranger things have happen.

The probability of a player coming here is as good as a player not coming here.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #66: Jun 01, 2011 01:29:33 am
      forget augero he wont even consider a club whose not in the champions league.

1 He hasn't said he'll only go to a champions league club which means he's open to moves who haven't got champions league.

2 He's a Liverpool supporter and may choose to go a season without champions league for the long term success. I'm sure he must admire Dalglish after what a legend he is for us all and considering he's a lfc fan.

3 Dalglish has the ability to convince players to join (he convinced Alan Shearer to go to Blackburn over United)

4 He's very close friends with Maxi so can persuade him to join.

I don't think he'll join because 1 I think our main important is wingers for Carroll and 2 I don't think we'll offer him the wages he wants

I'm not saying he'll join if we bid but it's not impossibly. And I don't think to many clubs will be after him IMO. 2-3 clubs possibly at the most.
      « Last Edit: Jun 01, 2011 01:39:01 am by lfc_ynwa »
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #67: Jun 01, 2011 03:50:27 am
      1 He hasn't said he'll only go to a champions league club which means he's open to moves who haven't got champions league.

2 He's a Liverpool supporter and may choose to go a season without champions league for the long term success. I'm sure he must admire Dalglish after what a legend he is for us all and considering he's a lfc fan.

3 Dalglish has the ability to convince players to join (he convinced Alan Shearer to go to Blackburn over United)

4 He's very close friends with Maxi so can persuade him to join.

I don't think he'll join because 1 I think our main important is wingers for Carroll and 2 I don't think we'll offer him the wages he wants

I'm not saying he'll join if we bid but it's not impossibly. And I don't think to many clubs will be after him IMO. 2-3 clubs possibly at the most.

we should of gone for augerro in the first place 35 million wasted in my eyes.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #68: Jun 01, 2011 11:07:15 am
            Lucas Gerrard

Suarez    Aguero     WINGER

Carroll

IF we sign Aguero we would probably line up like this

Quick Reply