Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 732979 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #3772: Dec 20, 2015 06:12:31 pm
      Was the best of our bunch today, though I think Klopp needs to play him more centrally where he can play his natural game and dominate.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,157 posts | 261 
      Reply #3773: Dec 27, 2015 04:16:25 am
      Hendo has one of his best game last night. Created countless of chances, our best creative player and what was to delight is he provided the other aspects to our game which our another best creative player, Coutinho, seemed not to possess. Well done Captain!     
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #3774: Dec 29, 2015 05:07:41 pm
      Wait till federer sees this one...

He's still trying to work out how Henderson is the only guaranteed midfield starter and captain of Klopp's team.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3775: Dec 29, 2015 08:32:58 pm
      Can see him bagging a goal against Sunderland
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3776: Dec 30, 2015 10:01:23 pm
      Worrying to see him struggling tonite. Need Hendo in form to help us along. Hope he can somehow manage his problem without having to be constantly in and out of the side...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #3777: Dec 30, 2015 11:14:01 pm
      Looks like he has had a flare up of his foot problem. Might have to be the old steroid injections for the weekend.

In fact not sure if they still do that, I'm getting too old!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3778: Dec 30, 2015 11:21:29 pm
      He shouldn't have been played tonight. Klopp pretty much said he was going to be playing whilst carrying an injury, an unnecessary risk that I think was more down to the fact it was because we were playing Sunderland.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3779: Dec 30, 2015 11:32:42 pm
      He shouldn't have been played tonight. Klopp pretty much said he was going to be playing whilst carrying an injury, an unnecessary risk that I think was more down to the fact it was because we were playing Sunderland.

Was there anyone saying pre match that he shouldn't be playing?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3780: Dec 30, 2015 11:57:11 pm
      Was there anyone saying pre match that he shouldn't be playing?

I didn't see the pre-match posts so I can't answer that but from this;

Jürgen Klopp: Jordan Henderson will play through the pain barrier for Liverpool FC

Jürgen Klopp knows he can rely on Jordan Henderson to play through the pain barrier as his captain seeks to push his side on in the second half of the season.

The Liverpool captain returns to his hometown club on Wednesday night as the Reds travel to the Stadium of Light to face a Sunderland team languishing in 19th in the Premier League.

If the midfielder plays it will be his fifth consecutive start in just 20 days after returning from three months out with a troublesome heel injury and a broken bone in his foot.

His injury against Bournemouth in August and subsequent absence was all the more difficult for Henderson to take given he has been one of the club’s most ever presents during his four full seasons at Anfield. In that time his games played totals have reached 48, 44, 40 and then a whopping 54 games last season. He is closing in on 200 appearances for Liverpool.

'Pain up to seven - no problem'

His heel injury is an ongoing complaint which is being closely monitored by the club’s medical staff, and his manager believes rhythm is more important than rest for Henderson.

Klopp said: “We always talk and always speak to Hendo and it’s up to him. Together we will decide.

“I know he is a player where pain up to seven - no problem.

“But we have to work together with Andy (Massey, doctor) and Chris (Morgan, physio).

“We try to give him time but he’s also a player who needs rhythm.

“While everything is okay we say ‘yes it’s okay’ and I think we should give him time to play.

“How much we shall see but we are very interested in having him in the team but it’s not a problem to change some positions for some games.”

Liverpool Echo.

Now to me that is suggesting he was going into this game carrying the injury.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #3781: Dec 31, 2015 02:56:53 am
      I didn't see the pre-match posts so I can't answer that but from this;

Jürgen Klopp: Jordan Henderson will play through the pain barrier for Liverpool FC

Jürgen Klopp knows he can rely on Jordan Henderson to play through the pain barrier as his captain seeks to push his side on in the second half of the season.

The Liverpool captain returns to his hometown club on Wednesday night as the Reds travel to the Stadium of Light to face a Sunderland team languishing in 19th in the Premier League.

If the midfielder plays it will be his fifth consecutive start in just 20 days after returning from three months out with a troublesome heel injury and a broken bone in his foot.

His injury against Bournemouth in August and subsequent absence was all the more difficult for Henderson to take given he has been one of the club’s most ever presents during his four full seasons at Anfield. In that time his games played totals have reached 48, 44, 40 and then a whopping 54 games last season. He is closing in on 200 appearances for Liverpool.

'Pain up to seven - no problem'

His heel injury is an ongoing complaint which is being closely monitored by the club’s medical staff, and his manager believes rhythm is more important than rest for Henderson.

Klopp said: “We always talk and always speak to Hendo and it’s up to him. Together we will decide.

“I know he is a player where pain up to seven - no problem.

“But we have to work together with Andy (Massey, doctor) and Chris (Morgan, physio).

“We try to give him time but he’s also a player who needs rhythm.

“While everything is okay we say ‘yes it’s okay’ and I think we should give him time to play.

“How much we shall see but we are very interested in having him in the team but it’s not a problem to change some positions for some games.”

Liverpool Echo.

Now to me that is suggesting he was going into this game carrying the injury.

I thought it was well known that he's carrying an injury that he will have to manage the rest of the season?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3782: Dec 31, 2015 10:37:04 am
      Hope it's nothing major for Hendo as his style does suit Klopp's style of play, still there is always Joe Al...
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3783: Dec 31, 2015 06:52:31 pm
      He said: “[On Henderson] I have no update now. We have to wait a little bit because it was something with the heel but it could good for him we all hope. We have to see.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/201788-klopp-provides-fitness-update-for-west-ham-trip

Could be that plantars fasciitis broke open which in fact is a good thing.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3784: Jan 01, 2016 05:11:06 pm
      He's a brilliant player. Really hope he's not injured for too long.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3785: Jan 01, 2016 05:22:49 pm
      He said: “[On Henderson] I have no update now. We have to wait a little bit because it was something with the heel but it could good for him we all hope. We have to see.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/201788-klopp-provides-fitness-update-for-west-ham-trip

Could be that plantars fasciitis broke open which in fact is a good thing.

What does that mean?! Enlighten me AZ!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #3786: Jan 01, 2016 07:42:12 pm

Carra suffered with the same condition and apparently it's good if it ruptures as it can relieve the long term chronic pain.

Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #3787: Jan 01, 2016 08:54:46 pm
      Liverpool's new injury prone player  :f_steam:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3788: Jan 01, 2016 09:01:59 pm
      Don't think we will see him against West Ham.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3789: Jan 01, 2016 09:13:36 pm
      Don't think we will see him against West Ham.

I think the Echo confirmed earlier that he wasn't travelling to London.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3790: Jan 01, 2016 09:25:08 pm
      Liverpool's new injury prone player  :f_steam:

Don't think he's ever fully recovered mate. Been playing through the pain barrier for us since his return.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3791: Jan 02, 2016 02:31:11 pm
      The real captain of the team is Sakho, we all know that, the players know that

I'll just take another moment to laugh at this again
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #3792: Jan 02, 2016 05:03:27 pm
      Missed him, at least he wants to win games.... A other thing is he doesn't Danny around like the clowns in front of him.

But, quite simply, he wouldn't have been bullied today like Lucas and Can were.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #3793: Jan 02, 2016 06:06:19 pm
      Missed him, at least he wants to win games.... A other thing is he doesn't Danny around like the clowns in front of him.

But, quite simply, he wouldn't have been bullied today like Lucas and Can were.

They weren't bullied, they just played like crap.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3794: Jan 04, 2016 01:35:18 am
      We missed his energy and enthusiasm on the weekend.

Quick Reply