Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 744468 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #4232: Mar 24, 2016 09:32:07 am
      You're right, he'll get in Mo Diame
      Ha ha ha - spot on Mags; how is that F***ing WUM not banned?

We have lost 9 (nine) league games this season: Jordan didn't play in 6 (six) of them - [WHU(H) 0-3; MUN(A) 1-3; CRY(H) 1-2; NEW(A) 0-2; WHU(A) 0-2; SOU(A) 2-3] - who are the 'in-crowd' blaming those defeats on?

We lose less when Jordan plays than when he doesn't but (let's be 'honest' here) that'll be put down to factors, other than Jordan... the 3 (three) defeats when he played? All down to him.  :laugh:

Half the cu*ts on here don't know if a ball is blown up or stuffed; the other half just want to be part of something. It's not okay to abuse the Captain of the team you say you 'support' kiddies; I promise you. The bad man is wrong.  :-[
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #4233: Mar 24, 2016 12:18:38 pm
      I just hope that red nosed T#$t Fergie was not right about Jordans running style going to cause him problems in the long run as this foot injury is a strange situation that has cause Jordan to not be the same player. Maybe he is player through pain which is something he would do for the club but that does not take into account his ability as a leader which is something IMO i think he's not. I would replace him as captain (not sure who for yet) as i dont think the players look up to Jordan and he dont lead by example on the pitch he spends most of it giving the ref crap and back chatting and also that one time he backed down to Ballotelli on that pen situation. like him as a player as  he's a real work horse and gives it his all but not as our captain. we need to buy a real leader this summer.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #4234: Mar 24, 2016 10:07:17 pm
      Few points.
      Personally, i feel making him Vice - Captain and then Captain was a mistake by Rodgers.
      Doing so created a precedent for Klopp to continue with him as Captain.
      Feel he is a good player, who when fully fit can be very very important for us
      But it seems to me that this season the injuries seem very hard for him to get over.
      I don't particularly rate any of out midfielders that highly and feel all could be replaced for better quality quite easily.
      If an offer came in for him for a decent figure and we had much better lined up then i would sell, but to be honest, that goes for all our midfield and a load of other squad players we currently have.
      We have to finally push on and sign proper top quality players or we will continue to gravitate to 6th and 5th with an outside chance of 4th.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #4235: Mar 24, 2016 11:15:22 pm
      Personally, i feel making him Vice - Captain and then Captain was a mistake by Rodgers.
      Doing so created a precedent for Klopp to continue with him as Captain.

Er, what was he supposed to do? Make no one the captain? Surely whoever he made the captain was surely going to set a precedent?

I disagree with the rest of your post too, but I've been over that many times and I can't be bothered getting into an argument about Henderson again.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #4236: Mar 27, 2016 08:03:18 pm
      How was he vs Germany? I did not see the match.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #4237: Mar 27, 2016 08:04:01 pm
      How was he vs Germany? I did not see the match.

Good performance, hopefully he will replicate that for us in the coming weeks.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #4238: Mar 27, 2016 10:04:19 pm
      Yep, he was quite good. Helped set up a couple of the goals and his deliveries from corners were brilliant.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4239: Mar 27, 2016 11:31:53 pm
      Yep, he was quite good. Helped set up a couple of the goals and his deliveries from corners were brilliant.

Shame he can't do that for us when it actually matters though like...
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #4240: Apr 02, 2016 09:18:39 pm
      Thought he had a decent game today, fair play to him.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #4241: Apr 02, 2016 09:58:16 pm
      Thought he had a decent game today, fair play to him.

Thought this too. It was funny though, right after the match I check the LFC vs. Spurs LIVE thread and three posts in a row just tore Henderson a new one. Do people even watch the match or do they just use Hendo as a scapegoat for every match we drop points?

He tidied up the midfield and made multiple tackles right outside our box and had a couple of passes that really opened up Tottenham. I saw glimpses of the old Hendo today and any criticism he has been receiving today is completely unwarranted.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #4242: Apr 02, 2016 10:43:00 pm
      Thought this too. It was funny though, right after the match I check the LFC vs. Spurs LIVE thread and three posts in a row just tore Henderson a new one. Do people even watch the match or do they just use Hendo as a scapegoat for every match we drop points?

He tidied up the midfield and made multiple tackles right outside our box and had a couple of passes that really opened up Tottenham. I saw glimpses of the old Hendo today and any criticism he has been receiving today is completely unwarranted.

The criticisms were way over the top in the match thread.

He had a decent game but that's all it was... decent.

Hendo at his best is far better but we haven't seen him play at his best at all this season.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #4243: Apr 02, 2016 10:46:49 pm
      The criticisms were way over the top in the match thread.

He had a decent game but that's all it was... decent.

Hendo at his best is far better but we haven't seen him play at his best at all this season.

Yeah I agree, he was decent but did not set the world alight.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,334 posts | 4960 
      Reply #4244: Apr 02, 2016 10:53:12 pm
      I thought he played well and did find it strange the stick he seemed to get in the match thread.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #4245: Apr 02, 2016 11:00:24 pm
      Yep, he had a good game. Was forced to tidy up quite a bit for Milner and Can who both were poor.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #4246: Apr 02, 2016 11:37:01 pm
      Let's be honest, our entire midfield is steeped in mediocrity. Now and then one of them has a decent game, Henderson did alright out there this afternoon but it's to hard to speak to positively about his season because it has been average in every respect. I would no problem selling the lad this summer, he is trier and he works his ass into the ground BUT he is well short of what is needed, he's not a great skipper, he doesn't score nearly enough goals (despite getting in to some good positions), his set pieces are dreadful and so much if what he does with the football is too safe. That would be find if he was a Lucas type of player and he best work shone through on the defensive side of the game but that isn't the case with Jordan.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #4247: Apr 03, 2016 12:26:26 am
      It's not okay to abuse the Captain of the team you say you 'support' kiddies; I promise you. The bad man is wrong.  :-[

He shouldn't be captain in the first place.

Tbh if we did get a big money offer for him, I'd sell.

I thought he played well and did find it strange the stick he seemed to get in the match thread.

First half he was sh*te imo, gave the ball away far too much, but then again I thought our whole midfield went missing in the first half.

Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #4248: Apr 03, 2016 03:31:52 am
      Did alright. If Milner scored in the 1st half it woulda been the best midfield in the world.
      good job Jordan
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #4249: Apr 03, 2016 09:53:05 am
      I thought he was good too. In fairness both teams worked and hassled so hard it was difficult for any midfielder to really shine.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #4250: Apr 03, 2016 11:56:46 am
      Time to get rid
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4251: Apr 03, 2016 12:12:42 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #4252: Apr 03, 2016 12:51:52 pm
      You appear to of missed of your reason for such a comment, 'time to get rid' doesn't really suffice now does it?

He's had enough time to impress and show his worth.

We need absolute quality in that position and a real leader. Henderson doesn't score, shocking set pieces and does not lead by example.

If we can get £25m then I would take it and start fresh.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #4253: Apr 03, 2016 12:52:34 pm
      He's had enough time to impress and show his worth.

We need absolute quality in that position and a real leader. Henderson doesn't score, shocking set pieces and does not lead by example.

If we can get £25m then I would take it and start fresh.

I can't argue with that.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #4254: Apr 03, 2016 12:58:37 pm

Imagine replacing him with someone who is great on the dead ball, gets 10 goals a season and dictates play from the middle?

It would make a world of difference

Quick Reply