Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 754552 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,520 posts | 8685 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #4209: Mar 14, 2016 05:26:15 pm
      Henderson just signed a contract at the end of last season until 2020. No chance he's angling for a new one at this point. He's already one of the club's highest earners. It's just the rag spouting sh*te.

Tbh didn't know what sh*te paper it was from, but there is always some angle to these sh*te stories.

Unless it's from Spurs end trying to unsettle him.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #4210: Mar 20, 2016 10:08:17 am
      Can't see him leaving. I wouldn't take anything less then 25 million anyway.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #4211: Mar 20, 2016 10:11:02 am
      Can't see him leaving. I wouldn't take anything less then 25 million anyway.

He's worth about 5 million.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4212: Mar 20, 2016 10:16:33 am

Come off it lad. The corner flags are worth 10m these days.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #4213: Mar 20, 2016 10:24:02 am
      Come off it lad. The corner flags are worth 10m these days.

Henderson isn't even half the player Kante is.  He was bought for £5m.

you do the maths!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4214: Mar 20, 2016 10:47:00 am
      Henderson isn't even half the player Kante is.  He was bought for £5m.

you do the maths!

Kante has had 32 games in his whole career playing top flight football compared to Jordans 287. 

Kante has no International experience (just had his first callup) even at youth level compared to Jordans 51 caps, including being Captain at youth level.

Kante has scored 1 goal this season in his 32 games, Jordan has scored 2 in 22 games this season and he's been injured for most of it and is still suffering with his last injury.

Kante has been averaging 1 goal in 14 games at a much lower level than Jordan, who has averaged 1 goal in 11 over an 8 year career.

Kante may have had a decent debut season in the PL but let's see if he's still as good when he's in his 8th season.

Kante is like a lot of other CMs you've championed over the last few years Fed, initially impressive but someone who can just as easily disappear into the abyss in a year or two.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,520 posts | 8685 
      Reply #4215: Mar 20, 2016 10:57:42 am
      Kante has had 32 games in his whole career playing top flight football compared to Jordans 287. 

Kante has no International experience (just had his first callup) even at youth level compared to Jordans 51 caps, including being Captain at youth level.

Kante has scored 1 goal this season in his 32 games, Jordan has scored 2 in 22 games this season and he's been injured for most of it and is still suffering with his last injury.

Kante has been averaging 1 goal in 14 games at a much lower level than Jordan, who has averaged 1 goal in 11 over an 8 year career.

Kante may have had a decent debut season in the PL but let's see if he's still as good when he's in his 8th season.

Kante is like a lot of other CMs you've championed over the last few years Fed, initially impressive but someone who can just as easily disappear into the abyss in a year or two.

To be fair after watching this season, I'd rather have Kante than Hendo!!

Our captain isn't THAT good.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #4216: Mar 20, 2016 10:59:25 am
      Well he has definitely improved since we bought him. What did he cost us, 16 million??
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4217: Mar 20, 2016 11:12:49 am
      To be fair after watching this season, I'd rather have Kante than Hendo!!

Our captain isn't THAT good.

I wasn't saying he was mate as I agree that this season Kante has been impressive and Jordan not so.  It just pisses me off when "fans" go out of the way to extol the virtues of non Liverpool players to run down those who are Liverpool players.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #4218: Mar 20, 2016 11:15:47 am
      I wasn't saying he was mate as I agree that this season Kante has been impressive and Jordan not so.  It just pisses me off when "fans" go out of the way to extol the virtues of non Liverpool players to run down those who are Liverpool players.

Agree Debs.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4219: Mar 20, 2016 07:31:59 pm

Oh dear Fed.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4220: Mar 20, 2016 09:00:54 pm
      Am sure the fact that we loose today, while Hendo was not involved, won't register with most. Not saying we'd have won with him, but the fact is we lost without him.

Bit surprised to see an article on the front of the Sunday Times Sport section discussing a Hendo to Spuds in a 25mill deal. And some comments from Jürgen to say anyone but Messi is signable. Fair enough, if we sign a recognised top midfielder, maybe consider selling Jordan, but F**k me, if we don't have some quality lined up, and we consider selling our captain (regardless of what many think of him) to a side who are way ahead of us in the PL and looking to strengthen, seems F***ing bonkers to me.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4221: Mar 20, 2016 09:04:43 pm
      Am sure the fact that we loose today, while Hendo was not involved, won't register with most. Not saying we'd have won with him, but the fact is we lost without him

It's funny you should mention that. Someone was actually blaming him for being part of a poor midfield today... Can't believe it, fair enough slate him if he is playing but if he isn't it's a bit irrelevant and pointless.

As for selling him, if we got a good enough offer from a team abroad and had a better player to replace him with then I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest.

Personally, I wouldn't have him as captain, I don't think he has shown he is captain material and he is going missing far too often. Sure he has been struggling with an injury for the last 6 weeks or so but I think he was a better player when he didn't have the added responsibility. I was never sure of him being made captain, like many others, and I think he has proved our concerns over the decision to be right.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #4222: Mar 20, 2016 09:51:49 pm
      I think Hendo might be off this summer as it's clear Jürgen is going forward with a 2 man midfield, Can is clearly ahead of Hendo as the more defensive one of the two. Unfortunately for Hendo he doesn't have the technical ability to play the creative role of the two.

So whoever partners Can next season is probably not at the club.

Will Hendo be happy as a squad player and starting off the bench, I'm not sure he will.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4223: Mar 20, 2016 09:57:35 pm
      Will Hendo be happy as a squad player and starting off the bench, I'm not sure he will.

This is true, not sure he would be.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #4224: Mar 20, 2016 09:59:03 pm
      but f**k me, if we don't have some quality lined up, and we consider selling our captain (regardless of what many think of him) to a side who are way ahead of us in the PL and looking to strengthen, seems f**king bonkers to me.

Absurd reasoning.  He's not quality.  So why would you worry if we replace him with someone else who isn't quality?  We'd just be exchanging like for like.

As for Spurs, we would be weakening them by giving them Henderson.  They'd be giving us their money, and we'd be sending them a sh*te player.  We'd finally be the ones mugging other clubs instead of the other way around.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #4225: Mar 21, 2016 12:12:25 am
      Absurd reasoning.  He's not quality.  So why would you worry if we replace him with someone else who isn't quality?  We'd just be exchanging like for like.

As for Spurs, we would be weakening them by giving them Henderson.  They'd be giving us their money, and we'd be sending them a sh*te player.  We'd finally be the ones mugging other clubs instead of the other way around.

Utter rubbish as per usual.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #4226: Mar 21, 2016 01:12:39 am

Alway count on you Fed for pure unbiased bullshit...If Hendo's name is mentioned in any thread your on top of it.

Joseph thanks Jordon everyday for giving him a break.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #4227: Mar 21, 2016 06:38:26 am

Seems Mr. Klopp agrees with my assessment of Henderson.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #4228: Mar 21, 2016 06:52:22 am

Klopp has basically said he's happy to sell any of the squad that don't want to stay. Henderson appears to be the only one that any interest has been shown in so far. Whether that says more about our squad or Henderson is open to interpretation.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #4229: Mar 21, 2016 08:52:20 am

I'm not sure how you reach that conclusion.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4230: Mar 21, 2016 12:58:42 pm

Don't expect everyone to agree on Hendo's ability/rating of him.

But in general, regardless of who the player is, if they are a regular first XI starter, and we want to let them leave/replace them, we should have a replacement lined up who would start ahead of them even if the player leaving were still at the club.   Otherwise, we are weaker for having sold.

I don't think Jordan is head and shoulders above Can/Allen, but I think on his day he can influence a game more than they can, has better range of passing, and arguably is the better finisher (I would think the stats would bear this out, but am open to correction) ... the miss vs. Shitty aside :)
      In saying that, he's not having a great season. My brother had that plantar fasciitis and he found it pretty debilitating, so that can't be helping. If he can get over that though, think his form will improve again.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4231: Mar 21, 2016 06:18:09 pm

You're right, he'll get in Mo Diame now too after seeing how wise you are. I hear he's been dropped by Senegal so will have more time at Melwood to train, quality player and as you've mentioned before, much better than Henderson  :roll:

Quick Reply