Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 747066 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #4439: Jul 27, 2016 09:52:23 pm
      Pretty classic case of a wind up merchant right there...well played for still being on this forum.

But seriously, I genuinely would like us to move on as a team without him.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #4440: Jul 27, 2016 09:57:42 pm
      I'm mixed on Hendo but I do believe he has it in him to be a good player.

at what point are new players actually accountable for their performances?

He's been here for FIVE YEARS and we are still saying "there is a good player in there somewhere."

if we were a top club and allegedly as ruthless as we claim to be then a player would get one season, two max, of being sh*te, before being booted.  After five years of Henderson some are still wanting to give him a pass.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4441: Jul 27, 2016 10:05:42 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNy00MYmWnk

Jordan Henderson after his late winner vs Swansea in the title run in 2013/14.

Stop talking sh*te.

Seem to recall him scoring an important goal when we were 3-1 down away to Norwich in one of the most enjoyable games last season. My memory is crap, and I still remember that one.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4442: Jul 27, 2016 10:11:30 pm
      He should of just ruled himself out. Would of rather played a fit youngster from the academy

Sorry mate but ...

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #4443: Jul 27, 2016 10:12:02 pm
      Seem to recall him scoring an important goal when we were 3-1 down away to Norwich in one of the most enjoyable games last season. My memory is crap, and I still remember that one.

It's just the reaction of certain people...they are either total sh*t or worldies..nothing in between.

13/14 was an excellent campaign for him, 14/15 was pretty dire as the entire squad was with the turnover we had and last season he missed 29 matches due to injury. If he is healthy and playing and goes back to his form of 13/14 then he will be just fine and he will be starting most matches; if he cannot then Klopp will move him next season.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #4444: Jul 27, 2016 10:18:06 pm
      Most people on this forum would be happy to accept a bid of £25m.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #4445: Jul 27, 2016 10:19:14 pm

He doesn't score
      He doesn't assist
      He's not a DM
      He's not an AM
      He's not a winger
      Shies away from penalties (city final)
      No inspiration
      Doesn't lead by example
      Can't beat a player
      Not a great challenger
      Doesn't have a Hollywood ball in him
      I could go on...

Season before last season was one of the highest goals + assists for a CM
      No, he's a box to box CM. Well done, you've managed circuitously identify his position. (And for Sunderland he was a pretty decent winger)
      He was the 5th penalty taker (its normal to have a good penalty taker last) and so didn't get to take his.
      How the F**k would you know? How would any of us know how inspiring he is to the other players?
      Yes he does. Model professional and always keeps going.
      13/14 & 14/15 he's been pretty good defensively - not DM levels but still pretty damn good.
      Yes he does. Great range of passing. 14/15 he put plenty of balls on a plate for our players. Pity our finishing was pretty shocking that season.

I'll give you that he doesn't try to beat his man that often. 1 out of 11, fraid thats not a passing mark mate. Looks like its summer school for you.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4446: Jul 27, 2016 10:20:45 pm
      It's just the reaction of certain people...they are either total sh*t or worldies..nothing in between.

13/14 was an excellent campaign for him, 14/15 was pretty dire as the entire squad was with the turnover we had and last season he missed 29 matches due to injury. If he is healthy and playing and goes back to his form of 13/14 then he will be just fine and he will be starting most matches.

True, Hendo particularly seems to fall into the love him/hate him category.   I wouldn't quite say I 'love him' though, but anyway, you know what I mean.

If he does play this season, then obviously Klopp rates him, cause he could've gotten rid this summer, and people will then have to moan at the manager too  (unless they think Hendo should be deselecting himself)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4447: Jul 27, 2016 10:25:20 pm
      Most people on this forum would be happy to accept a bid of £25m.

You know you're not in the Markovic thread?   Crazy market this year.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #4448: Jul 27, 2016 10:26:41 pm

He's been here for FIVE YEARS and we are still saying "there is a good player in there somewhere."

if we were a top club and allegedly as ruthless as we claim to be then a player would get one season, two max, of being sh*te, before being booted.  After five years of Henderson some are still wanting to give him a pass.

Henderson has shown signs of being a quality player. When he's not fighting through injury and put in the right system in his actual position, he demonstrates that to a high degree. He was integral in the 13/14 season and as many have said, he was sorely missed in the last few games of that season.

Early on he completely lacked confidence and was kind of a flex player thrown around the midfield. Then he solidified himself in the CM role in 13/14 and to me, he was excellent there and then. Did well in 14/15 again I thought. Wasn't easy for anyone in our attacking half that season given that we essentially had no adequate strikers and were utterly miserable offensively - he was our 4th leading scorer that season behind Stevie, Sterling, and Coutinho and he also won player of the month twice - Couts won 5 and Kolo and Sterling grabbed 1 each.

This last season, he's become a forgotten man a bit and people don't give him anywhere near the credit he deserves. We were a club in transition and he was a player who had ligament damage to both his knee and foot. Anyone who has ever had ligament damage before knows how f*cking awful it is. But still, coming back from injury I do think he's got a lot to offer and as I said before, this coming season will be the one that dictates whether he can make it in a top team or whether he simply should go to a Stoke type of team and take the lead there. Personally, my money is on the former, knowing that Klopp and co. can find ways to maximize potential if they see it in him.

With the midfield quality we've brought in/already have, he will have a lot to fight for and prove once again. His key areas to improve on continue to be his confidence and his ability to truly dictate the pace of the game and grab the game by the scruff of its neck and guide the team. These are all things that really quite easily can be improved on with the right frame of mind. I can't see Jürgen standing for a midfielder captain without those capabilities and I think Wijnaldum will overshadow him in that sense if he's not up to it. But still to put it simply, to write him off would be a massive mistake in my opinion.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #4449: Jul 27, 2016 10:45:01 pm
      Henderson is never going to be able to dictate a game like Gerrard or Alonso,  that's not his game but looks like luckily for him at least that Klopp is more likely to play the 433. So he will be allowed to play the role he did pretty successfully in the almost year.

The other thing people forget is that geggenpressing is very attritional so rotation will be key during the season and having players like Henderson who when fully fit hardly ever break down will be a huge asset.

I think under Klopp the team will be even more important than previously where we have had a magician to bail us out (Stevie), the onus will be on the team to rise to the occasion.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #4450: Jul 27, 2016 10:53:40 pm
      Season before last season was one of the highest goals + assists for a CM
      No, he's a box to box CM. Well done, you've managed circuitously identify his position. (And for Sunderland he was a pretty decent winger)
      He was the 5th penalty taker (its normal to have a good penalty taker last) and so didn't get to take his.
      How the f**k would you know? How would any of us know how inspiring he is to the other players?
      Yes he does. Model professional and always keeps going.
      13/14 & 14/15 he's been pretty good defensively - not DM levels but still pretty damn good.
      Yes he does. Great range of passing. 14/15 he put plenty of balls on a plate for our players. Pity our finishing was pretty shocking that season.

I'll give you that he doesn't try to beat his man that often. 1 out of 11, fraid thats not a passing mark mate. Looks like its summer school for you.

Trying to justify an average player. School for you mate I think
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4451: Jul 27, 2016 10:55:44 pm
      But seriously, I genuinely would like us to move on as a team without him.

Sad little man. Go find something better to do.

The fact is though, he has shown that he is a good player. He was really good in 13/14 and even though the team wasn't great in 14/15 he still contributed towards 16 goals.

Also, you're being ridiculous if you think top teams sell all players who have one bad season. Henderson hasn't been sh*t for 5 years, you've just been saying he's sh*t for 5 years, huge difference.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #4452: Jul 27, 2016 10:58:50 pm
      The kid is a huge asset.

I will wager £1 of the English currency he's a stand-out this season.......
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #4453: Jul 27, 2016 11:36:27 pm
      Henderson is a very useful player and his passing range is top class so that's just a load of bull people are spouting in regards to him not having talent, last season he was playing injured, that's the benefit of the doubt I'm going to give him, hope he has a stormer this upcoming season. I don't see why he's become the scapegoat.

Dismantling the whole team in one transfer window is a mad idea and he is one of those core players that we need to have. Every team needs players like Jordan Henderson who do their job without doing 10 step overs and passing the ball back, ending up exactly as they were but because they've done a few step overs so that makes them cool.

His energy and workrate should be right up Klopp's alley shouldn't it? Ooo matron.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #4454: Jul 28, 2016 03:29:37 am
      My brain says he's gonna do okay, but my gut feeling says he's going to have a stormer of a season.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4455: Jul 28, 2016 09:08:02 am

Exactly. Or they feel the need to point out that he would be better with a certain type of player alongside him to hold his hand. Every time i see Henderson in a LFC shirt i feel like he's stealing from me.
      Oh sorry , i forgot , he has lots of energy . So did Fred West but i don't see him in many peoples starting 11.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #4456: Jul 28, 2016 11:06:23 am
      Hear that sound? Listen - like metal on wood.......that's the sound of the barrel being scraped......

Club captain compared with Fred West? Really?

You've taken that too far.

Comes over like a teenager screaming "I hate you" for being grounded.

You don't rate him. We get it.

Let's see what Jürgen thinks and go from there for now......

Edit: amended and removed the original quote. Didn't merit the additional publicity.
      « Last Edit: Jul 28, 2016 01:05:38 pm by Scotia »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4457: Jul 28, 2016 11:53:42 am
      I'm a fan of his but I do think this is his defining season at Liverpool.

I believe that with a full pre season and an injury free  campaign that he will show his worth for the team.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4458: Jul 28, 2016 12:11:29 pm
      I'm a fan of his but I do think this is his defining season at Liverpool.

I believe that with a full pre season and an injury free  campaign that he will show his worth for the team.

You could well be right mate. One thing's for sure; if Jordan gets picked it will be on merit. That, if it does happen, in itself should stop the cocksplashes yammering but we all know it won't.

Even those, who's only method of debate is to tell anyone who'll listen that they trust Jürgen and therefore 'you should too', will not trust him on team selection yet they then wonder why some of us can't take them seriously.  :laugh:

Like someone wrote earlier: you couldn't make this sh*te up.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #4459: Jul 28, 2016 01:01:06 pm
      Exactly. Or they feel the need to point out that he would be better with a certain type of player alongside him to hold his hand. Every time i see Henderson in a LFC shirt i feel like he's stealing from me.
      Oh sorry , i forgot , he has lots of energy . So did Fred West but i don't see him in many peoples starting 11.

do you do motivational speaking for a living?. 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4460: Jul 28, 2016 01:02:30 pm

I'm guessing by the "player to hold hands with" comment that you have no idea how partnerships are formed or how one type of player does better playing alongside another specific type of player.

Before he got injured he had contributed directly to 16 goals in 14/15 season. Not bad for somebody who only has energy in his arsenal.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4461: Jul 28, 2016 01:24:22 pm
      I'm guessing by the "player to hold hands with" comment that you have no idea how partnerships are formed or how one type of player does better playing alongside another specific type of player.

Before he got injured he had contributed directly to 16 goals in 14/15 season. Not bad for somebody who only has energy in his arsenal.
      Contributed directly to 16 goals ? Ha ha ha.
      How vague is that right there. Now players can compliment each other in a partnership , but they BOTH  have to bring something to the table. And what does Henderson bring to the table?  F**k your stats, just watch him play.
      He gives the ball away
      His shooting on goal is terrible, not bad , but terrible.
      His is a poor tackler
      He has no presence
      His positional sense is sh*te , constantly chasing around like a clueless F**k
      His first instinct on receiving a ball, is to hit it straight back to the player who passed it to him ( then runs away )
      Oh yeh , he struggles to run with a football , constantly knocking it to far in front of himself.
      He is not of the standard required for this football club .

Quick Reply