Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Antonio Cassano (AC Milan)

Read 10311 times
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Re: Antonio Cassano (AC Milan)
      Reply #46: Jun 16, 2011 01:44:14 pm
      He'd sure be a great influence in the dressing room :roll:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #47: Jun 16, 2011 01:49:24 pm
      Very talented footballer, but a total nutter, I could see him an Carroll having some "interesting" nights out. I can't see even Kenny being able to sort this lads head out.
      redsnake
      • Banned

• 128 posts |
      Reply #48: Jun 16, 2011 01:51:16 pm
      Quality player abit like Totti not quick but very skillfull. Was original italian Bad boy until balotelli took over the mantle.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #49: Jun 16, 2011 02:12:19 pm
      He's as talented a player as Italy have produced but he's also F***ing insane. He told Cappello that it was his team and nothing he said would change that regardless if he was manager or not.

Not sure about this one but if anyone could put him in his place it would be Kenny.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #50: Jun 16, 2011 03:51:25 pm

Liverpool monitoring Antonio Cassano's situation at AC Milan

Liverpool are the latest club to have registered an interest in AC Milan forward Antonio Cassano.

The Italian international is not guaranteed first team football at Milan in a squad which includes Robinho, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Alexandre Pato and Pippo Inzaghi.

Now according to Italian reports, the Reds are considering making a move for the eccentric attacker, who privately feels he could mirror the success of Gianfranco Zola, and Paolo Di Canio in the Premier League.

Kenny Dalglish is short of a creative spark at Anfield and is in the hunt for a new attacker, but Milan assistant boss Mauro Tassotti has urged Cassano to resist the temptation to move and fight for his place at the San Siro.

‘I would suggest to Antonio that he stays here with us,’ the former Italian international told Milan Channel.

‘He knows what we all think of him here – we class him as a great champion. The amount of games he plays next season depends on him.’

Cassano made 17 appearances for the champions in the past campaign, but only totalled 921 minutes – averaging 54 minutes per match.

He was signed for a minimal transfer fee in December after spectacularly falling out with Sampdoria chairman Riccardo Garrone over a charity event

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/866567-liverpool-monitoring-antonio-cassanos-situation-at-ac-milan
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #51: Jun 16, 2011 03:55:10 pm
      "We've never had an Italian play for the club."

"What about Dossena and Aquilani"

"We've never had an Italian play for the club"
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #52: Jun 16, 2011 03:58:38 pm
      Gifted w****r springs to mind.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #53: Jun 16, 2011 04:00:16 pm
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #54: Jun 16, 2011 04:01:27 pm
      Please no. Very talented but absolutely insane.
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #55: Jun 16, 2011 04:07:13 pm
      Please no. Very talented but absolutely insane.

Some might say the same about Suarez.  He did bite a guys ear. 

I see your point though.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #56: Jun 16, 2011 04:08:10 pm
      YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

F***ing get him in. If Kenny really is interested i'd be delighted but we could of had him for free in January. I love him as a player and his attitude, although some frown upon it, i think adds to his brilliance.

Works his arse off, creative, killer instincts and can play anywhere in attack. Please! I've wanted him since he signed for Sampdoria.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #57: Jun 16, 2011 04:16:09 pm
      No doubt he is a great player and a classy forward, not sure about his temparment though.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #58: Jun 16, 2011 04:17:03 pm
      He's a brilliant player but I wouldn't pay too much for him.

He's as instable as it gets, so he's even more of a risk than most players.

And also, he's recently signed for Milan for free and has been more of a squad player, coming from the bench, than a important/key player. So if their valuation of him is too high, I would just leave him there.

On football ability alone, the thought of him and Suarez linking together is very exciting. He's one of those genuine and creative talents we would love to watch.

I saw him score from a penalty when I watched Milan 3-0 Sampdoria last season at the San Siro ;D
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #59: Jun 16, 2011 04:19:44 pm
      Some might say the same about Suarez.  He did bite a guys ear. 

I see your point though.

He was just hungry ok?! :D

I do agree that he is one hell of a player. I just can't see him in Liverpool colors for some reason. He'd rival Tevez for greasiest face in the the premiership.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #60: Jun 16, 2011 04:29:26 pm
      Relationships with coaches:

“Eugenio Fascetti (former Bari manager) is the only manager I never caused trouble with (key word, caused.; meaning he was trying to start problems).

I detested Claudio Gentile (former Italy U21 manager)”.

To Luciano Spalletti he said, “You’re not coaching those useless players you had at Udinese, this isn’t your house, it’s my house.”

Then on Fabio Capello: “In Tarragona he made me and Ronaldo warm up the whole second half without putting us in. In the locker room I told him ‘you’re a piece of s***, you’re more fake than Monopoly money“.

Then on Luigi Del Neri: “I never understood what the f*** he was talking about and he was too ambiguous.“.

About former Roma striker Gabriel Batistuta he said, “he had a smell under his nose”

Interesting article on Cassano this one. That was a selection of comments made about previous managers, the rest is here:

http://wondergoal.wordpress.com/2010/07/29/the-curious-case-of-antonio-cassano/

Quick Reply