Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Lucas Rodrigues Moura da Silvao (Sao Paolo)

Read 11473 times
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 692 posts | 38 
      Lucas Rodrigues Moura da Silvao (Sao Paolo)
      Jun 16, 2011 10:19:38 pm
      Liverpool is interested by Sao Paulo attacking midfielder Lucas Moura. Reports say that they plan to make a £9million offer to Sao Paulo.

Lucas is also PSG’s target. Advised by their newly appointed technical director, Leonardo, the French club was hoping to sign the young midfielder.

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/20695_liverpool_wants_a_second_lucas_.html

Not a great source folks but he's an unbelievable talent. Hope we are interested

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Lucas Rodrigues Moura da Silvao (Sao Paolo)
      Reply #1: Jun 16, 2011 10:25:56 pm
      Please be true. This lad is quality he has gone under the radar due to ganso and neymar. For 10 million a F***ing steal
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #2: Jun 16, 2011 10:26:26 pm
      A 9 million offer would get rejected within nanoseconds.

It needs to be from a respectable source too, am not sure "sambafoot" is any shape reliable.

Great talent, got the potenial and the talent to become a world class attacking midfielder. Great pace and has incredible close control.
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #3: Jun 16, 2011 10:27:42 pm
      Please be true. This lad is quality he has gone under the radar due to ganso and neymar. For 10 million a f**king steal

Seen him at the Emirates for Brazil vs Scotland. He came on in the second half and was out of this world. Unreal dribbling ability
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #4: Jun 16, 2011 10:32:33 pm

The rumor originates from The Sun ... Therefore, this should be locked ...
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #5: Jun 16, 2011 10:36:01 pm
      You had to burst our bubble didnt you mac. I posted on the twitter thread recently some itk was saying we were extremely interested in him
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #6: Jun 16, 2011 10:41:20 pm
      You had to burst our bubble didnt you mac. I posted on the twitter thread recently some itk was saying we were extremely interested in him

If it was any other source, I would've kept it quiet ... But not from the sh*t-rag, my friend ...   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #7: Jun 17, 2011 12:37:18 am
      If you find a respectable source, PM me with it.

Until then, locked.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #8: Jun 17, 2011 09:52:02 pm
      Liverpool bid $20m for Lucas Rodriguez
      Liverpool are willing to pay roughly $20 million to buy Lucas Rodriguez from Lucas Sao Paulo.

The proposed offer sounds relatively low to the leaders of the Tricolor, who recently sold Piazon Lucas for slightly less to Chelsea.

His contract runs through December 2015, and his buy-out clause is $180 million.

Source

Re-opened.

Thanks for the link stephenmc9.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #9: Jun 17, 2011 10:08:06 pm
      The creator of this video seems to produce one for each game this Lucas lad take part in. Check them out on his video profile.

Lucas Moura vs Gremio 2011 By Zouzinho
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #10: Jun 17, 2011 10:14:05 pm
      Said a few things about him on the twitter thread, gonna bring it here:

For me it seems like Lancenet have merely translated what they saw in English papers.

Had it been a genuine rumour the article wouldn't be so lacking of information.

I could be wrong though.

Just seen that on fb cant change it over to English,is this the same Lucas that Chelsea were chasing last time round.

Chelsea signed Lucas Piazon, also from São Paulo FC, but Piazon is a young lad, not even established in the first team, while the one we are supposedly interested in is already a Brazilian international.

And even though I'm not believing these latest rumours, it seems like our interest on him is genuine. Don't know how reliable the man is but I remember his agent saying some time ago that a Liverpool director approached him when he was in London and asked about Lucas availability earlier this year, but SPFC directors refused to negotiate then.

Lucas release clause is 80M euros, bigger than Ganso's or Neymar's.

Holy f**k 80 million euro,FSV would be making some statement of intent with a purchase like that,on the other hand we could buy Sanchez and Augero out of that.Some money.

It's just his release clause, doesn't mean he would cost that much, SPFC would certainly agree to sell for less, Brazilian clubs are not the wealthiest around

I don't think 9M would be enough though
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #11: Jun 17, 2011 10:14:38 pm
      This kid can beat people like they are standing still. He's got blinding pace, ridiculous skill and he's very unselfish while still being able to score goals. I already think he's going to be a better player than Ganso (though Ganso has a wand of a left foot) and with Neymar at Real he's the best Brazilian available and being second to Neymar is no real slight.

12m won't get it done I don't think but 15 might.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #12: Jun 17, 2011 10:15:57 pm
      If we have a chance of getting him, lets not make the same mistake we did with the likes of Aguero and Ronaldo. Get him in.
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #13: Jun 17, 2011 10:16:39 pm
      If we have a chance of getting him, lets not make the same mistake we did with the likes of Aguero and Ronaldo. Get him in.

Correct!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #14: Jun 17, 2011 10:16:48 pm

Haven't made that mistake with Aguero yet, have we?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15: Jun 17, 2011 10:17:44 pm
      Ganso has a lot more vision than him IMO, and is the better passer of the two, while Lucas has a lot more pace.

Lucas is also an attacking midfielder but I don't see him as a classic number 10, a playmaker who stays central and passes the ball around like Ganso. With his pace and good delivery from the right side, I could see him being used a right winger at Liverpool (or at least that's where I would use him)
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #16: Jun 17, 2011 10:18:28 pm
      Haven't made that mistake with Aguero yet, have we?

We had the chance to sign him for £7million before he went to Atletico but he was deemed too expensive for an unproven player.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17: Jun 17, 2011 10:22:51 pm
      Ganso has a lot more vision than him IMO, and is the better passer of the two, while Lucas has a lot more pace.

Lucas is also an attacking midfielder but I don't see him as a classic number 10, a playmaker who stays central and passes the ball around like Ganso. With his pace and good delivery from the right side, I could see him being used a right winger at Liverpool (or at least that's where I would use him)

Just get them both. Simple :)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #18: Jun 17, 2011 10:25:18 pm
      We had the chance to sign him for £7million before he went to Atletico but he was deemed too expensive for an unproven player.

No guarantee we would have nurtured his talent like Atletico did. He might not have become the same player - especially with H&G in-charge.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #19: Jun 17, 2011 10:26:52 pm
      No guarantee we would have nurtured his talent like Atletico did. He might not have become the same player - especially with H&G in-charge.

Very true. I suppose it's easy to say in hindsight that we should've taken the gamble.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20: Jun 17, 2011 10:29:11 pm

It would be immense, Ganso is a joy to watch, his composure and grace with the ball really reminds you of Zidane. Too bad he got injured again after just having recovered from a serious injury that kept him out for nearly the entire 2nd semester last year. He's supposed to be fit again though, probably going to be used in the 2nd leg of the Libertadores final next Wednesday. He's also in the squad for the Copa America.
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #21: Jun 17, 2011 10:31:15 pm
      Ganso is all but an A.C. Milan player. Him and Pato are going to give a few teams in Italy nightmares.

Anyone else think Ganso reminds them a bit of Fran? Great vision, wand of a left foot and skillful enough for a lack of pace not to be an issue.
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #22: Jun 17, 2011 10:55:44 pm
      I would get this guy in a heart beat, he already looks like a 'world-beater'. For £9-15m, this guy would be a steal.

Quick Reply