Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Maxi (Newells Old Boys)

Read 23295 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: Maxi (Newells Old Boys)
      Reply #184: Jun 18, 2011 07:52:59 pm
      Keep him.

Sterling and the other young wingers are obviously not ready to come through yet (or else they would have got game time last season like Flanagan and Robinson did). Therefore it makes sense to keep Maxi until the young lads can come through and get into the squad.

I understand where you're coming from mate but I honestly believe that we don't need Maxi here next season. We are bound to sign a couple of wingers and I'd rather have Suso and Sterling elevated to the first team squad as back up for our first choice wingers, whoever they may be.

Like I said, I understand where you're coming from but I don't want Maxi here next season. He is just not good enough in my opinion and I find it quite strange that people think he is Liverpool quality as I most certainly don't. Then again, they are just our opinions.

When I think of Maxi I just picture him writhing on the floor in fake agony as he pretends to be maimed when he loses the ball cheaply again, like Nani does. Makes me sick. Not becoming of a Liverpool player.
      « Last Edit: Jun 18, 2011 09:09:49 pm by hardcoresoldier »
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #185: Jun 18, 2011 09:33:55 pm

Rory Smith
      18 Jun 2011

One player staying at Anfield is Maxi Rodriguez.

The Argentina winger, 30, had been quoted in the Argentine press last week as saying he wanted to moved back to Newell’s Old Boys this summer and has sought to clarify those statements with Liverpool, though, and committed himself to the club for the remaining two years of his contract.

He does want to finish his career at Newell’s but, after showing fine form in the run-in, has been told by Liverpool that he remains an important part of their plans for next season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfers/8584547/Newcastle-United-sign-Sylvain-Marveaux-after-he-fails-Liverpool-medical.html
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #186: Jun 18, 2011 09:41:34 pm
      Rory Smith
      18 Jun 2011

The Argentina winger, 30, had been quoted in the Argentine press last week as saying he wanted to moved back to Newell’s Old Boys this summer and has sought to clarify those statements with Liverpool, though, and committed himself to the club for the remaining two years of his contract.

He does want to finish his career at Newell’s but, after showing fine form in the run-in, has been told by Liverpool that he remains an important part of their plans for next season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfers/8584547/Newcastle-United-sign-Sylvain-Marveaux-after-he-fails-Liverpool-medical.html

Blood broke that nine and a half hours ago (six posts up) but thanks anyhow.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #187: Jun 18, 2011 09:44:49 pm

Not a big fan of the Twatter ... Good for illiterate people, though ...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #188: Jun 18, 2011 09:48:00 pm

Three days ago mate.

I don't even think Maxi is off, apparently them quotes were taken out of context, he wants another season in England.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

And not illiterately from twitter too. ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #189: Jun 18, 2011 09:50:30 pm

The fact is, we all, already knew.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #190: Jun 18, 2011 09:54:49 pm

Good for you ...
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #191: Jun 18, 2011 10:08:07 pm
      I'm on a warning because of you tw*t.

Please accept me deepest condolences ... You are such a loveable person ...
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #192: Jun 18, 2011 10:13:15 pm

Yet strangely you not being a big fan of "illiterate" "twatter" didn't didn't stop you posting the exact same news. ... If somewhat late.

If you had taken the time and had the good manners to have read what others have posted, (instead of being an arrogant, yet ignorant tool); you wouldn't have fu**ed up. ...Then again... your huge (if somewhat boring) post count would not have benefited; eh?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #193: Jun 18, 2011 10:20:10 pm
      Yet strangely, you not being a big fan didn't make the news any different from what you posted. If somewhat late.

If you took time and had the good manners to have read what others have posted, (instead of being an arrogant, yet ignorant tool); you wouldn't have fu**ed up. ...Then again... your huge (if somewhat boring) post count would not have benefited; eh?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #194: Jun 18, 2011 10:23:27 pm
      Tommy Lawrence the goalie who never heard about gravity.

Tommy Lawrence   ...... The Flying Pig as already stated Stu.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #195: Jun 18, 2011 10:48:49 pm
      Pussy? I never pegged you for someone who was fond of the pussy Mace... more someone who is a pussy...

Yeah that's you alright wee man; a pussy...  ain't that why you're over here?... after the lads on RAWK got fed up with you and called you out.  Sure they even changed your user name to "Promised to never post on RAWK again".

It's sad that you can't (from time to time) just relax, avoid being snide and share your love of the Reds with fellow posters. It's pitiful that you feel the need to be Billy Big-bollocks all the time but...

You keep doing that WUM thing mate... You keep sniping away at other posters... You keep spamming...   :-\

I'm out of here...

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #196: Jun 18, 2011 10:53:55 pm
      Pussy? I never pegged you for someone who was fond of the pussy Mace... more someone who is a pussy...

Yeah that's you alright wee man; a pussy...  ain't that why you're over here?... after the lads on RAWK got fed up with you and called you out.  Sure they even changed your user name to "Promised to never post on RAWK again".

It's sad that you can't (from time to time) just relax, avoid being snide and share your love of the Reds with fellow posters. It's pitiful that you feel the need to be Billy Big-bollocks all the time but...

You keep doing that WUM thing mate... You keep sniping away at other posters... You keep spamming...   :-\

I'm out of here...

:lmao:
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #197: Jun 19, 2011 10:11:50 am
      Please accept me deepest condolences ... You are such a loveable person ...

gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #198: Jun 19, 2011 10:22:07 am
      Rory Smith
      18 Jun 2011

Don't see what the problem was with this, he/she was just posting the article as it was reported in the press and not off twitter. These petty vendettas, snipes and itk dick
      measuring is bringing this section of the forum down.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #199: Jun 19, 2011 10:40:04 am
      These petty vendettas, snipes and itk dick

What you mean like when I posted something in good faith and you Mac_Red accused me of taking it off kop talk  and caused a load of sh*te in the Aguero thread?

I'd class that as sniping.

Funnily enough though I was the first to call N'Gog to Sunderland before the press & I called this about Maxi 3 days before the press. ;)

I don't claim to be "ITK" I never have done, I just pass on what hear to fellow fans, but maybe I'm being naive in thinking fellow fans would like to hear it as it involves our club.  :roll:

But yeh Gazza, you are all sweetness and light aren't you ?, lets be honest you've played no part in descending threads into chaos have you ?  :f_whistle:
      « Last Edit: Jun 19, 2011 10:48:02 am by RedLFCBlood »
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #200: Jun 19, 2011 10:51:55 am
      And that's why you should always employ a lawyer and never defend yourself, I rest my case.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #201: Jun 19, 2011 10:54:29 am
      And that's why you should always employ a lawyer and never defend yourself, I rest my case.

Nice response, avoid the issue you've raised, well done, who's a clever boy.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #202: Jun 19, 2011 10:56:03 am
      Anyway can this thread be locked Maxi is staying, he wants to return to Newells to finish his career, not this season as Liverpool F.C are retaining his services.

Quick Reply