Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Maxi and Cole are good enough BUT...

Read 8317 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Maxi and Cole are good enough BUT...
      Aug 08, 2011 03:06:02 pm
      not what we need.

Cole is more gifted than Maxi. Cole can use his left foot decently, cross better than Maxi and has a better vision. In brief is more gifted. However he never had a great impact in our team :mad:

Maxi is a decent squad player and he often scores important goals. However too often he seems invisible during important matches.

Cole and Maxi are decent squad players. Good squad players for a top 4 team. However there is something that we lack a bit at the moment. We lack another player like Suarez, someone able to create something although our team is struggling and although we've sign Downing, I think that we lack that SPARK we've lacked so many times the previous seasons(when both Gerrard and Torres were not fit).Cole and Maxi are easily neutralized by the full backs. Cole is a greater threat at CAM but we have better players there.

One of them should be sold(I prefer Maxi) and an AM signed to bring more competition for the wings and a so much needed creativity.

Our most creative players are Aquilani, Suarez, Johnson and Gerrard. Adam Johnson would be ideal. Seriously this guy is a nightmare for defenders and is a someone who has the ability to score  10+goals/season and can bring many assists. He's young, British, EPL proven etc... Would cost about 15mil
      Maybe Man City won't sell though.

Another option would be Bryan Ruiz, young, rapid, very gifted and can score 15+goals/season if he adapts to the league. around 10mil

It's not a must to replace Maxi or Cole. BUT with a player like Ruiz or Johnson is easier to achieve our goals.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Re: Maxi and Cole are good enough BUT...
      Reply #1: Aug 08, 2011 03:09:29 pm
      I reckon you'll be surprised with Downing. I was grinning stupidly at his sheer class on and off the ball. He is a spark and Aquilani and Pacheco are other options.

I think we should work with what we've got, it's good.
      JayP
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      • It's Rush!
      Reply #2: Aug 08, 2011 03:18:11 pm
      dont think Pacheco is going to make it. For these two though, atleast Maxi bangs in a few goals, Cole doesn't create or score anymore
      jackrhodeslfc18
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #3: Aug 08, 2011 03:58:22 pm
      alex1995 .... i agree with you on that....adam johnson would be a great addition to our squad....but i think it would take a stupid amount of money to get man city to sell....but what about shaun wright-philips... he can be a great player when hes at his best ?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #4: Aug 08, 2011 04:02:44 pm
      SWP is one of those players like Joe Cole who never reach their potential and here we are with both of them fast approaching late 20's still not yet making an impact on a decent team. Compare them to someone like Dirk Kuyt who dosent have their "natural" ability or "potential" so he makes up for it by using his brains and working 110% for the team.Thats the bit they dont get it isnt all about them.
      jackrhodeslfc18
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #5: Aug 08, 2011 04:19:40 pm
      good point...but i still reckon we could use annother natural winger...
      jamie_jft96
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #6: Aug 08, 2011 04:20:09 pm
      Joe cole just seems to show no desire to play for us to be honest. When he plays you can guarentee after 5 mins hes walkin around with his hands on his hips. Also remember hes on 100k a week lads, thats f***in terrible. He'd be first out the door for me. Much rather have aqualiani, he showed some real glimpses of class. He was always a very good player technically, its just his strength i think.
      jackrhodeslfc18
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #7: Aug 08, 2011 04:23:26 pm
      Joe cole just seems to show no desire to play for us to be honest. When he plays you can guarentee after 5 mins hes walkin around with his hands on his hips. Also remember hes on 100k a week lads, thats f***in terrible. He'd be first out the door for me. Much rather have aqualiani, he showed some real glimpses of class. He was always a very good player technically, its just his strength I think.

im with you on that....joe cole just not good enough for liverpool....sell him and bring in a decent winger who will put in the effort and give it 110% every game ...oh and that can cross the ball !
      Beth♥TrueRed
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts |
      • Walk on, with hope in your heart ♥ And YNWA ♥
      Reply #8: Aug 08, 2011 04:49:23 pm
      I don't think Joe Cole is (or will be) a decent/good player for Liverpool... He's disastrous!
      Maxi at least scores some goals... Cole does nothing!
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #9: Aug 08, 2011 04:54:25 pm
      if cole was on 25k a week i would say he is a good squad player, but with what he is on its a joke, he needs moving on.

I do like Maxi, again he is a squad player and i would keep him if possible, im sure if they stay they will get their chance to prove they deserve to be in/out of the team.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #10: Aug 08, 2011 04:57:00 pm
      Good point that. Would also sell one of them (Maxi based on quality and Cole based on wages) and would get a cheap decent right winger.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #11: Aug 08, 2011 05:26:26 pm
      I'm so far can not imagine how any team on this planet will come and buy Joe Cole from us. To let him go maybe we release him go for FREE (of course) and even LFC have to pay partial of his wage for that club for some period of time. For what ?, I think it's good enough to clear up space for the youngsters and improve the harmony in our team.

I'd like to keep Maxi if he happy to stay with LFC.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12: Aug 08, 2011 05:37:18 pm
      Sell both. Bye Bye.

Buy players with some "awe". Like Suarez.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13: Aug 08, 2011 05:57:03 pm
      Ok Mr cut and paste above is definitely fishing, beware and I'd expect a ban incoming for you!
      Fritz
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #14: Aug 08, 2011 06:34:59 pm
      Cole is a good player, but he doesn't seem to do any great game and is rarely "visible".

I like Maxi, he has scored quite a couple of goals, I wouldn't want him to leave right now, I'm expecting him to show us some more this season. I hope Cole does the same.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #15: Aug 08, 2011 07:37:50 pm
      Neither are good enough, both were good players in their prime, but who were signed on a free because they are a shadow of their former selves.   
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #16: Aug 08, 2011 08:49:13 pm
      Would rather have kept Yossi than both these
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #17: Aug 08, 2011 09:57:36 pm
      I don't think Maxi is the world's best or anything but I'm struggling to be too critical of a guy who scored TWO hatricks in the space of 4 games last season. There can't be too many LFC players over the years who have managed two hatricks in an entire season.

As for Cole I guess it's all been said in his 'player' thread. I think he's a good pro, says all the right things and still has ability but he can't rediscover that step he used to have and unfortunately (for him and us) he isn't the same player without it.
      L4Red
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      • @L4Red8
      Reply #18: Aug 08, 2011 10:41:48 pm
      I like Maxi. Hope he keeps his game up and can improve with the competition.

As for Cole, I was happy when we got him. I've liked him throughout his career but now, on the wage his on and first season... I'm on the fence. Think we'll keep him for this season and see how he does. I can see why we could do with another Suarez type player but think there's more important requirements like a centre/left back for this transfer window.    
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #19: Aug 08, 2011 10:57:47 pm
      I like Maxi. Hope he keeps his game up and can improve with the competition.

As for Cole, I was happy when we got him. I've liked him throughout his career but now, on the wage his on and first season... I'm on the fence. Think we'll keep him for this season and see how he does. I can see why we could do with another Suarez type player but think there's more important requirements like a centre/left back for this transfer window.   

This.

daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • JĂ¼rgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #20: Aug 08, 2011 11:17:59 pm
      Ok Mr cut and paste above is definitely fishing, beware and I'd expect a ban incoming for you!
      Dont tell me you dont know who it is? It's the "Return of the Mac"
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #21: Aug 08, 2011 11:35:07 pm
      Cole - sell/loan ASAP
      Maxi - decent spuad player

Last season's performance for both proves so, it doesn't need further explanation really
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #22: Aug 08, 2011 11:36:50 pm
      Agree with everyone's opinions on Cole.

Would keep Maxi though, he's still a decent squad player and showed that at the end of the season.

Quick Reply