Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Dalglish's immunity to mistakes

Read 9170 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Dalgish's immunity to mistakes
      Reply #69: Aug 15, 2011 06:59:08 pm
       It's not harsh to judge a manager after one game, it's utterly ridiculous.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #70: Aug 15, 2011 07:04:13 pm
      Title of this thread is mis-spelt. DALGLISH is with 2 L's.

Sums up the thread when the OP spells his name wrong. And I ain't fixing it. ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #71: Aug 15, 2011 07:06:12 pm
      Not only is the title spelt wrong, I'm not 100% sure it makes any sense. Hmmm
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #72: Aug 15, 2011 07:09:22 pm

Just 'cus you can't ;)

This thread is just stupid. Of course Dalglish will make mistakes, but we shouldn't have a go at every single mistake he makes. I was happy with the line up on Saturday, afterwards a large number of posters were having a go.

For instance playing Flanagan, moaning that he's not good enough after his brilliant performances last season; using his age as a reason. Or letting Suarez take the penalty, even though he's taken and scored a large amount of penalty's in Holland.

Only thing I questioned was not playing Aquilani or not even putting him on the bench; missed his creativity, whatever anyone says.
      « Last Edit: Aug 15, 2011 07:14:54 pm by lfc_ynwa »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #73: Aug 15, 2011 07:18:38 pm
      to judge someone on 1 games is farcical to judge someone after the first game of the season is madness and shows a lack of respect for the Manager and the club.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #74: Aug 15, 2011 07:41:26 pm
       xxxxx:action-smiley-065: '' Give us a D, Give us a A, Give us a L, Give us a G, Give us another L, Give us a I, Give us a S, Give us a H,'' what have we got, probably the best player this club has ever had and quite possibly the best manager too, and most definately not immune, as the great man said himself no one man is bigger than LFC, he will be the first to hold his hands up, after all he has done it before, so if the worse were to come to the worse i think Kenny would do the honourable thing and fall on his light saber,

Kenny i believe is here for the long haul, he has unfinished business with LFC and only resigned because of the mounting pressure of dealing with the grief after Hillsborough, mentally he was shot and needed a break, his thoughts were not for himself or of his family but of Liverpool Fc, and now he has the chance to finish what he started all those years ago,

there isn't a manager on the planet who hasn't or won't make mistakes and KK is no different, its what you learn from those mistakes that sorts the men out from the wee boys, and KK is as shrewd as they come, we have all been waxing lyrical about the signings since Kenny came back, but to me the best one was Steve Clarke, he has the experience of winning a EPL title with Chavs to go along with the undoubted talent as a coach, Shanks made mistakes, Sir Bob made mistakes, as did uncle Joe and of course Rafa, and dont forget KK himself has won the EPL with Blackburn to,

i like other posters i'm struggling to understand the point of this thread, everyone to a man or woman, should be behind Kenny and Steve %100, especially as this is their first full season at the helm, so cut them some slack FF's, let them breath and lets just see what happens in the next couple of years.

IKWT  YNWA
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #75: Aug 15, 2011 07:52:14 pm
      to judge someone on 1 games is farcical to judge someone after the first game of the season is madness and shows a lack of respect for the Manager and the club.

Difference between judging and discussing mistakes that were 'perceived' to be made.  You can be sure Kenny's going over the 'mistakes'.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #76: Aug 15, 2011 08:33:10 pm
      Kenny isn't immune from criticism or mistakes however most fans are lenient towards him because of what he's done for this club. Not only as a player and manager but also as a man. He deserves to be treated with the upmost respect.

And unlike some managers in the game, Kenny is man enough to admit when he's made mistakes. So our criticism of the man will only be echoing his own beliefs anyway.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #77: Aug 15, 2011 08:53:32 pm
      Difference between judging and discussing mistakes that were 'perceived' to be made.  You can be sure Kenny's going over the 'mistakes'.
      what mistakes.The target for this season was CL and we are in 4th.Job done.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #78: Aug 15, 2011 09:38:48 pm
      King Kenny?

Walks and Water comes to mind.

He's done it all.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #79: Aug 15, 2011 10:11:14 pm
      Still to early to be making an assessment of how Kenny is doing I think at the end of the season will give us the knowledge on weather he still has what it takes, I was against Kenny getting the job simple by his work at Newcastle and Celtic where he was sacked from both jobs, maybe he is more at home here and with Steve Clarke doing the training it will be better for Kenny than his previous jobs, I hope so as the final 6months under Kenny and Steve were good considering Kenny had to work with very little, now he has added players he wanted here I hope we become a force again and who knows we may even win something, our final aim this season has to be the CL place we surrendered two seasons ago and I am sure the trainers know how good we have become now it's time to make it gel and that's Kenny's job.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #80: Aug 15, 2011 10:22:04 pm

I know how to spell Dalglish's name, it was a mere oversight. I think it's petty to not fix it personally...just by starting this thread I am sure people see me as a knee-jerker, WUM and all sorts. I thought it was a genuine topic that needed debating but it seems I am numpty for doing so. Very interesting...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #81: Aug 15, 2011 10:23:55 pm

You get CL after one game now?  I'm glad you don't think mistakes occurred on saturday, I'm fairly sure KK will disagree.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #82: Aug 15, 2011 10:42:48 pm

Totally agree. You don't and can't judge a manager and his selection policy until you've seen how it pans out over a number of games, not in the first match of the season. People are saying Adam can't play in a 4-4-2 for instance, but what if Kenny plays him in a 4-4-2 for 7 out of the next 10 matches and we win them all? Will those same people be all over the forums saying how they were wrong to question the manager? Of course they won't. What if Flanaghan continues to play ahead of Kelly and forces his way into the England team while kelly is transfered to Tranmere at the end of the season? Will people be saying "sorry I was wrong"? Of course they won't.

It was one match, Kenny selected what he felt was his best available team and we drew 1-1 with Sunderland at Home. Obviously if we continue to get results of this ilk then we would fairly soon be under pressure at the bottom end of the table, then no doubt people can start. It may even happen, it's quite possible we could lose at Arsenal (lets face it we normally have over the last few seasons) and then no doubt the toys really will go out of the pram.

Kenny isn't immune from criticism and he never will be. If some posters will forgive me though, I'd rather wait until I'm sure he has made a mistake (as in, events have clearly demonstrated as much) before I join the posse. It's all very well people saying "but it's obvious Adam can't play in a 4-4-2" but it's not obvious to me, at all. If after seven or eight games it is obvious, and therefore it is obvious that we made a mistake by playing him there, then by all means I'll discuss it. Until then though, I'll just keep pointing out the obvious (it was only the first game, Adam actually got two assists one of which was wrongly chalked off etc).
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #83: Aug 16, 2011 09:13:18 am
      You get CL after one game now?  I'm glad you don't think mistakes occurred on saturday, I'm fairly sure KK will disagree.
      I've seem games that we have won comfortably, where plenty of mistakes have been made. No one seems to care when we get the right result!
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #84: Aug 16, 2011 11:17:46 am

Totally agree. You don't and can't judge a manager and his selection policy until you've seen how it pans out over a number of games, not in the first match of the season. People are saying Adam can't play in a 4-4-2 for instance, but what if Kenny plays him in a 4-4-2 for 7 out of the next 10 matches and we win them all? Will those same people be all over the forums saying how they were wrong to question the manager? Of course they won't. What if Flanaghan continues to play ahead of Kelly and forces his way into the England team while kelly is transfered to Tranmere at the end of the season? Will people be saying "sorry I was wrong"? Of course they won't.

It was one match, Kenny selected what he felt was his best available team and we drew 1-1 with Sunderland at Home. Obviously if we continue to get results of this ilk then we would fairly soon be under pressure at the bottom end of the table, then no doubt people can start. It may even happen, it's quite possible we could lose at Arsenal (lets face it we normally have over the last few seasons) and then no doubt the toys really will go out of the pram.

Kenny isn't immune from criticism and he never will be. If some posters will forgive me though, I'd rather wait until I'm sure he has made a mistake (as in, events have clearly demonstrated as much) before I join the posse. It's all very well people saying "but it's obvious Adam can't play in a 4-4-2" but it's not obvious to me, at all. If after seven or eight games it is obvious, and therefore it is obvious that we made a mistake by playing him there, then by all means I'll discuss it. Until then though, I'll just keep pointing out the obvious (it was only the first game, Adam actually got two assists one of which was wrongly chalked off etc).

Nicely put Mick.

I still don't think it was a 4-4-2 though, it was more flexible.  That rigid 4-4-2 still gives me nightmares from the Roy 'era', so I'd prefer not to acknowledge it.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #85: Aug 16, 2011 11:21:35 am
      I know how to spell Dalglish's name, it was a mere oversight. I think it's petty to not fix it personally

You want me to render you immune from mistakes by fixing it. ;)

In any case, you can fix it yourself.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #86: Aug 16, 2011 11:25:32 am
      You want me to render you immune from mistakes by fixing it. ;)

In any case, you can fix it yourself.

now that's funny  :lmao:
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #87: Aug 16, 2011 11:34:57 am

:lmao:

Shame others don't have a sense of humour ;D.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #88: Aug 16, 2011 11:59:10 am
      I agree with the opening post, Kenny will be criticised, but this is only because a large majority of LFC fans have become dilluded since H&G and think that shouting about it will make management change their mind.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #89: Aug 16, 2011 12:07:03 pm
      If KK is going to get criticised, then surely Clarke has to be as well - KK may be the manager, but Clarke is head coach, and if he is unable to implement the tactics KK wants, then he must surely share the burden.

On the flip side, we shouldn't forget him when things go right either.

Having said that, IMO it's far too soon to start throwing blame around - if things are going badly at christmas, and the new players haven't bedded in, then fair enough but one game in is a bit much...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #90: Aug 16, 2011 02:58:26 pm
      If KK is going to get criticised, then surely Clarke has to be as well - KK may be the manager, but Clarke is head coach, and if he is unable to implement the tactics KK wants, then he must surely share the burden.

On the flip side, we shouldn't forget him when things go right either.

Having said that, IMO it's far too soon to start throwing blame around - if things are going badly at christmas, and the new players haven't bedded in, then fair enough but one game in is a bit much...

Most haven't been chucking around blame though, just opinions on what went wrong against Sunderland, a topic that is more than up for discussion/debate, even if we disagree, FFS we had one foolish fan state it was two players, who didn't even play on saturday, fault.  We going to go from the sublime to the ridiculous and I don't see the problem with discussing things that people perceive as going wrong, but yes, it is far too early to start laying blame.
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #91: Aug 16, 2011 03:10:40 pm
      Kenny is now fool, he knows what he needs to achieve in order to keep the club going forward.

I doubt anyone is harder on the King than the man himself.

Quick Reply