Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Martin Skrtel
      5 (2.7%)
      Jose Enrique
      4 (2.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      60 (32.6%)
      Charlie Adam
      14 (7.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      22 (12%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      1 (0.5%)
      Luis Suarez
      78 (42.4%)

Total Members Voted: 180

Liverpool 3-1 Bolton: In game and Post Match Salivation

Read 36361 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Bolton: In game and Post Match Salivation
      Reply #621: Aug 27, 2011 09:49:23 pm
      Fair to say the next two away games at Stoke ...

Don't we play them on a wet December evening?
      toradel
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts |
      Reply #622: Aug 27, 2011 09:49:51 pm
      Hederson starting to prove he was a bargain at 20 mil,Lucas Colossus in the middle, Suarez-Kuyt great partnership, Adam what a left foot, Downing-Enrique perfect Couple, Everybody job well don.... What a team performance
      Coates that was your welcoming party...
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #623: Aug 27, 2011 09:52:47 pm
      F*cking great win for us today. Pure class, grit and teamwork from everybody, honestly the best game I've seen us play in a long time, and that's not just because we were playing Bolton. Man of the match for me was Suarez for obvious reasons. The guy is simply sublime. An utter genius with the ball at his feet. However, that's not to say that it was easy to choose from him, Henderson or Lucas because they too were stand out players for me.

So f*cking chuffed right now about that win today, absoloutely made my day.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #624: Aug 27, 2011 09:55:06 pm
      Not sure I can add anything that hasn't already been said! Top of the league even if it is for a few hours. Feels good don't it!?!

One thing I will say is how the fook do you mark our lads when they play like that!? A few times when we won the ball back I looked at the screen to see what our shape was but we didn't actually have one! Suarez was popping up everywhere, same goes for Kuyt. We didn't actually have anyone up front for half the game! No-one! Perputual movement from the Luis, Dirk, downign and Henderson made us VERY difficult to defend against. Very very impressive performance.

I thought Hendo, Adam and Downing all had their best games for the club and it was great to see Coates sitting in the stands watching the lads tear it up.

Only dampener was Kelly going off but at least he picked the international break to get a knock/pull.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #625: Aug 27, 2011 10:04:57 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,,11065_3407350,00.html

:lmao: Look at those ratings... :lmao:

Unbelievable Lucas bossed the game he is immense
      maybe they got it upside down 9

Lucas one especially - 6, "relatively quiet"
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #626: Aug 27, 2011 10:09:16 pm
      Beutiful game ,wanna watch it again IKKWT YNWA
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #627: Aug 27, 2011 10:13:36 pm
      Suarez was motm of the match, involved in everything brilliant we did. But Lucas deserves a bloody good mention too. Protected the back 4 unbelievably well and his distribution and offensive contribution keeps on getting better.

May not be the physically best but he never gives up and has brilliant positioning skills and can tackle very well.

Well done lads, should be buzzing tonight like I am.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #628: Aug 27, 2011 10:17:11 pm

He's a Rafa signing, so they are never going to admit they were wrong, even apart from the fact that they have spent all their time slating the lad.

sky "journo's" (and I use the term loosely) are F***ing sh*te.

Agenda driven wankstains is what they are.

IMO Lucas is one of the best in the league at what he does.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool vs Bolton
      Reply #629: Aug 27, 2011 10:20:29 pm
      What I was most pleased about was(aside from the win obviously) was the pass of move style, the fluidity and theat times unbeliviable movement.

Suarez was just incredible, tha pass with the outside of the boot to Downing in the build up to the first goal was out of this world and his movement is just ridicoulous.

Lucas was very very good, his movement was also very good, and his tackling immense.

Henderson, Adam, Downing, Enrique, Skrtel were all very good.
      « Last Edit: Aug 27, 2011 10:31:19 pm by thereds13 »
      Xavier79
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | 17 
      Reply #630: Aug 27, 2011 10:22:16 pm
      De... wait for it... lightful!

Great game by the lads. Fast moving, fast playing, single touch play, simple and efficient.
      Looked like everybody wanted to score and everyone was playing for the teammates.
      In a word: teamplay. (and a very good one by the way...)

Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #631: Aug 27, 2011 10:24:17 pm
      Kenny after the game "He's a fantastic player he's a good character he's a good fellow he's good in an around the place," he told Sky Sports after the game. "Some idiot of a fitness coach who represents another player said that we were off our head to play him, obviously he's a good judge but we'd rather talk about the good things in life and Luis Suarez is one of them.

Quality
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #632: Aug 27, 2011 10:24:42 pm
      Looked like everybody wanted to score

Very noticable that was. Agger driving forward a lot, Skrtel had a few chances. All of the front 6 bar Lucas were capable of scoring today, with the chances that they created.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #633: Aug 27, 2011 10:31:15 pm
      He's a Rafa signing, so they are never going to admit they were wrong, even apart from the fact that they have spent all their time slating the lad.

sky "journo's" (and I use the term loosely) are f**king sh*te.

Definitely.  Took him time to develop, but he is incredible in his position now.  I have had some lingering doubts, but when you look at him on the pitch.... sheer class.  Top tackler.  Some

First realised how awesome he was at Old Trafford, the 4-1 win, he dominated their midfield.  Then he had two very good seasons, in struggling sides.

ÂŁ5m.  Bargain of the century.

Lucas is epic.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #634: Aug 27, 2011 10:32:46 pm

sky "journo's" (and I use the term loosely) are f**king sh*te.

Funny because first Gary Neville last week and then Ray Wilkins today have been saying how good he is.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,220 posts | 3393 
      Reply #635: Aug 27, 2011 10:33:05 pm
      Another game in which we dominated from start to finish. We stopped Bolton who will cause a lot of teams problems with their physical presence especially up top but Davies didn't touch the ball all the time he was on the pitch. They didn't win a single thing in the air which has always been me main worry with our defence.

Certain players stood up today. Jordan Henderson was F***ing brilliant, that goal filled him with so much confidence. He started taking responsibility. Showed exactly why we have so much faith in him. The entire side was outstanding. Even Carroll and Maxi in their 20 minute cameos looked sharpish.

Can't fault any of the boys today. Even their goal, was a mistake by Carra but other than that he was F***ing brilliant. He and Agger look the real deal at the back, they compliment each other so well. Skrtel at right back is a scary thought but he was F***ing quality. Some boss runs from him up the right wing. Enrique looks like he's been at Anfield his entire career. Kelly was good till his injury. Midfield was immense, all of them. Up top, Suarez was again the difference. He's different class, best in the League.

And to top it off, we're top of the League. Great start to the season, goals from all over the team, defence looking solid, keeper being as reliable as always and Liverpool topping the table. Love saying it so I'm gonna say it again, we're top of the League. F**k all the doubters, we're top. F**k top four, we're top.

We're gonna win the League. Grab ya spec for the homecoming, I'm down at St George's again.

We shall not be moved!!!!!
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #636: Aug 27, 2011 10:39:37 pm
      What did you make of Lucas DLS, you didn't mention him last week either.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,220 posts | 3393 
      Reply #637: Aug 27, 2011 10:48:00 pm
      What did you make of Lucas DLS, you didn't mention him last week either.

Pretty sure by saying our entire midfield was immense is giving me opinion on Lucas. Sorry if I didn't mention him by F***ing name and start the Lucas love fest. I thought he, like our entire midfield, was immense. And last week against Arsenal, I didn't think he or Adam were at their best.

Happy now?

Forgot I've got to give a review and then single out Lucas for his own special praise because he's Lucas.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #638: Aug 27, 2011 10:51:46 pm
      Pretty sure by saying our entire midfield was immense is giving me opinion on Lucas. Sorry if I didn't mention him by f**king name and start the Lucas love fest. I thought he, like our entire midfield, was immense. And last week against Arsenal, I didn't think he or Adam were at their best.

Happy now?

Forgot I've got to give a review and then single out Lucas for his own special praise because he's Lucas.
      Alright mate, I missed that bit about the midfield, apologies.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #639: Aug 27, 2011 10:52:47 pm
      Pretty sure by saying our entire midfield was immense is giving me opinion on Lucas. Sorry if I didn't mention him by f**king name and start the Lucas love fest. I thought he, like our entire midfield, was immense. And last week against Arsenal, I didn't think he or Adam were at their best.

Happy now?

;D

Get in those player threads mate. Lazy sod not picking Lucas out for praise :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,520 posts | 8685 
      Reply #640: Aug 27, 2011 11:05:53 pm
      Brilliant performance that today, made up to see us looking hungry again.

Someone earlier said that Skrtel, with his performance today, had made the RB position his, I doubt that, but, if I was Jamie I'd be looking over my shoulder, can seriously see a Skrtel and Agger partnership soon!

Bolton never looked in it and in all honesty didn't even derserve their goal.

And Jose just gets better every game he plays for us.

Roll on Stoke!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,220 posts | 3393 
      Reply #641: Aug 27, 2011 11:12:14 pm
      Me mates a taxi driver an he just text me saying he's just took Charlie Adam and Andy Carroll down to the Albert Docks. Wonder if they left him a tip.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #642: Aug 27, 2011 11:17:25 pm
      Someone earlier said that Skrtel, with his performance today, had made the RB position his, I doubt that, but, if I was Jamie I'd be looking over my shoulder, can seriously see a Skrtel and Agger partnership soon!

With that goal at the end. Carra's days look in trouble.  The team has so much more pace in it now that Carra's lack of it is becoming more and more apparent.

Another point on Jose Enrique.  Does that lad ever panic? No.  You would think he had been playing for us for years.  Honestly looks like he has turned up for a kickabout with his mates.

Shame about Kelly today.  I've highlighted before that my concern over him was that he may attract injuries.  That must be about the third or fourth in less than 20 LFC games?  Concerning.

Me mates a taxi driver an he just text me saying he's just took Charlie Adam and Andy Carroll down to the Albert Docks. Wonder if they left him a tip.

They did. They told him not to bother waiting.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #643: Aug 27, 2011 11:21:05 pm
      Read and weep......for joy.
      Its been a long time coming.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/8722340/Liverpool-3-Bolton-Wanderers-1-match-report.html

On the sidelines stood the man credited with restoring Liverpool’s feelgood factor.

Kenny Dalglish has always been a man apart, an island in the storm.

The technical area is his personal fiefdom. It is the only part of Anfield that belongs to him.

Every other blade of grass, belongs to Luis Suarez, the man who brought the fear back.

The Uruguayan is a terror.
      He is a bewitching, bewildering menace, trailing roiling panic in his wake.
      The 24 year-old did not score in this dismantling of Bolton Wanderers. He does not need a goal.
      Often, he does not even need the ball. His presence alone is a torment.

An example, drawn from the moments just after Liverpool had taken the lead. It was just after Suarez, bristling with the impudence of genius, had cut Owen Coyle’s defence to shreds with a swerving pass played with the outside of his right boot and Jordan Henderson had curled his first goal for the club past Jussi Jaaskelainen, after the Finn had denied Stewart Downing.

Suarez stood on the halfway line, the ball at his feet. In front of him, Gary Cahill, rated at £17 million but not, as Coyle later confessed, at his “absolute maximum” thanks to the unsettling effects of a mooted move to Arsenal, and Zat Knight, a reliable campaigner.

The forward feinted one way, then the other, and then accelerated away. Cahill looked left, Knight right, and the two collided. A pratfall, with Suarez as Road Runner, the defenders as a pair of Wile E. Coyotes. The pair exchanged barbs.

A defence reduced to fear and loathing by their unrelenting foe.

Fear spreads and mutates, infecting, afflicting. Jaaskelainen dropped a high ball. Gretar Steinsson handled just outside the box. Coyle’s team shook, and splintered, and shattered.

The hosts might have had three or four, by the break. Downing might have had a penalty for Steinsson’s apparent handball. Suarez should have scored twice himself. He narrowly failed to clip one effort round Jaaskelainen and then saw a sublime chip land on the roof of the net. That is the thing about Suarez: his finishing in one-on-one situations is not as ruthless as his forebear as Anfield’s idol, Fernando Torres. His footwork, is not so silky as, say, a Cristiano Ronaldo. He dives; that is undeniable. It is a stain on his game. There is little else wrong with it. He has energy, passion and vision in abundance. His imagination is ceaseless. But his greatest asset is his aura.

Suarez’s undeniable excellence should not be cause to write Liverpool off as a one-man team, though, to suggest that Dalglish’s expensively-acquired ensemble are little more than Suarez’s supporting cast. On the contrary, they sit proudly atop the Premier League as a work of immense promise in progress.

“It was a pleasure to watch,” Dalglish said. “Our passing and our movement was excellent. There will always be various people that grab the headlines, but for us it is a team event. There will have been a few people watching who will have seen some players and thought they could play a bit, too.”

Henderson, maybe, in his best performance for the club.
      Downing, all pace and purpose.
      Lucas, patrolling the midfield with bite and brio, and Charlie Adam, whose corner found Martin Skrtel’s head for the second and who scored the third just 30 seconds later.
      Coyle described it as a “comedy of errors”.

The Bolton manager was clearly disappointed in his side’s surrender, but that is the effect of fear. They had initially made a good fist of competing with their hosts – Martin Petrov, Steinsson and Mark Davies – all crafting half chances. “There were only three who came out of it with pass marks,” Coyle said. “You need more than that.”

With Suarez like this, certainly.
      The Uruguayan did not stop, even when the game was over. He might have had another two penalties, and a free kick when Jaaskelainen picked up a back pass.

His indignation with officialdom was such that Dalglish removed him for his own good, introducing Andy Carroll.

Suarez was afforded a standing ovation, his work done, his rule absolute, his terror ingrained.

Thanks Rory.

Loving your newspaper.

Quick Reply