Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Money In Money Out

Read 3797 times
      Red America
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Re: Money In Money Out
      Reply #23: Sep 12, 2011 09:23:51 pm
      Or alternatively, and much more realistic, we needed to balance the books ...

To be fair...balancing the books works on both levels. You're referring to balancing the past spending...and I'm thinking about balancing future spending in January. I just thought that since it was extremely last minute and to a Chelsea team that they didn't want to give any players to, that maybe there may be more to read into this.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #24: Sep 13, 2011 12:10:28 am
      But with the financial fair play rules, I think teams will have to stop paying 200k a week to players. Until we're back in the CL we will struggle matching wages as we can only spend what we earn.

Barca, Real, Utd can afford to pay those wages with the revenue they generate
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #25: Sep 13, 2011 12:25:50 am
      To be fair...balancing the books works on both levels. You're referring to balancing the past spending...and I'm thinking about balancing future spending in January.

Sorry, but that doesn't make sense, especially if we are hoping to get back into the top 4 this season ...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #26: Sep 13, 2011 12:35:31 am
      We wi have to pay wages similar to the top three who have no problem paying 200000 plus to big players

We'll go bust.  Which won't be a particularly clever idea.

Man City are storing up a whole heap of sh*t for themselves.  It will be imperative for them that they continue to get huge money for players they sell on.

Quick Reply