Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Players linked & thankfully haven't signed to LFC!

Read 7241 times
      Liv-Love
      • Forum Titi Camara
      • Started Topic

• 41 posts |
      Players linked & thankfully haven't signed to LFC!
      Sep 17, 2011 04:49:42 pm
      Dear Red Fellas..

Here's a new topic to discuss..

IYO, who's the player(s) linked to LFC (specially in the last summer transfer window) and you think it was better LFC didn't eventually sign?!!!

For me, I would add N'Zogbia!!!
      After a considerably good season with "Wigan"..he got sooo hyped to be linked to many clubs..including Liverpool!

Thankfully we didn't sign him!

Your opinions are much appreciated..
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Players linked & thankfully haven't signed to LFC!
      Reply #1: Sep 17, 2011 04:57:17 pm
      Sergio Aguero.

;D

(Couldnt resist it)

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2: Sep 17, 2011 05:00:27 pm
      The one that is stands in my mind is David Bentley I had more debates on here that we should sign him and I said he was to slow and would flop at Spurs. But again I was negative. 17 million down the F***ing drain for Spurs and he is currently plying his trade on loan with West Ham in the Championship
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3: Sep 17, 2011 05:00:43 pm
      Carlton Cole.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #4: Sep 17, 2011 05:06:13 pm
      Joey Barton & John O Gay
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #5: Sep 17, 2011 05:09:04 pm
      N'Zogbia looks terrible at the moment, Downing is being badly missed at Villa. Lot of people wanted N'Zogbia this season
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5047 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #6: Sep 17, 2011 05:11:50 pm
      Cahill at Bolton,would have probably cost us between £12-£16m being English, but we got Coates for around £6m, potentially miles better than Cahill and could go on to be as good if not better than Sami for the same price.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,271 posts | 283 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #7: Sep 17, 2011 05:15:20 pm
      i know it wasnt in the summer but when i see that Woy was looking at Wayne Routledge that would of put me over the edge
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: Sep 17, 2011 05:25:29 pm
      The one that is stands in my mind is David Bentley I had more debates on here that we should sign him and I said he was to slow and would flop at Spurs. But again I was negative. 17 million down the F***ing drain for Spurs and he is currently plying his trade on loan with West Ham in the Championship

N'Zogbia looks terrible at the moment, Downing is being badly missed at Villa. Lot of people wanted N'Zogbia this season

Give me the David Bentley of that time and Charles N'Zogbia any way of the week.

Your forgetting two things;

Alex Mcleish is managing N'Zogbia and David Bentley went in to a side that didn't have time for wingers who weren't pacey.

Simon Kjaer is one near the top of my list. He is god awful yet continually gets good wraps about him. sh*te player ho would of been a record defensive signing.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #9: Sep 17, 2011 05:45:42 pm
      Bentley was never good and was massively over rated after one decent season with Blackburn he had a massive ego which did not fit his talent. Wenger was dead right off loading him. He was piss poor at Birmingham last season and has being god awful at Spurs. No one had an ounce of interest in him this season till big sam decided to take a punt on him in the Championship Awfully over rated player.

In regards to N'Zogbia he was absolutely shocking today never thought he was good enough for us and think we got a better player in Downing. Was listening to Brian Little questioning the 10 million they spent on him today.

With you on Kjaer though Crouch
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #10: Sep 17, 2011 05:51:14 pm
      Matt Le Tissier
      Fabian Barthez
      Carlton Cole
      Yossi Benayoun
      Bobby Zamora
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #11: Sep 17, 2011 05:52:09 pm
      Good for Brian Little. N'Zogbia was and is a special player and one good enough to play for us. At Villa, good luck to him fitting in with McLeish's tactics. He made the move at the wrong time. Under Ged he would of done well but not Mcleish. This was a man who thought Mauro Zarate wasn't good enough for them in the season they got relegated.

Bentley is a contentious player. You either like him or not. I think he was a great footballer who followed the hype of Spurs and paid the price.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #12: Sep 17, 2011 05:55:39 pm
      Didier Baptiste ;)

Carlton Cole is surely one of the highest, certainly recent memory anyways.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #13: Sep 17, 2011 05:59:22 pm
      I don't agree with you Crouch on N'Zogbia another lad with a massive ego. McLeish had him playing him on the left today and then behind the striker so I dont really see where else McLeish could have played him. McLeish brought Zarate in pretty sure Zarate wasn't going to stay with them in the Championship as well as his club looking for a massive fee. He did play the lad 14 times after arriving for the UAE

In relation to Bentley very few like him crouch most people think he is an over rated tw*t. He was never good enough for Liverpool think it is pretty obvious when you see the way his career turned out.

Nothing to do with Spurs he just wasn't good enough to make the step up plain and simple and he was given the opportunity
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #14: Sep 17, 2011 06:01:12 pm
      Carlton F***ing Cole.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #15: Sep 17, 2011 06:04:38 pm
      Not been said yet:

Lee Cattermole - Horrendously poor player who gets more red cards then anyone I've seen before.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #16: Sep 17, 2011 06:07:23 pm
      Poborsky, that is going a bit back, he picked Scum over us and F**k me he was terrible
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #17: Sep 17, 2011 06:08:39 pm
      I don't agree with you Crouch on N'Zogbia another lad with a massive ego. McLeish had him playing him on the left today and then behind the striker so I dont really see where else McLeish could have played him. McLeish brought Zarate in pretty sure Zarate wasn't going to stay with them in the Championship as well as his club looking for a massive fee. He did play the lad 14 times after arriving for the UAE

In relation to Bentley very few like him crouch most people think he is an over rated tw*t. He was never good enough for Liverpool think it is pretty obvious when you see the way his career turned out.

Nothing to do with Spurs he just wasn't good enough to make the step up plain and simple and he was given the opportunity

N'Zogbia made most of his Wigan career on the right hand side. McLeish also had him playing left wingback today.

As for Zarate, he played 14 matches. 6 starts and 8 from the bench when he scored 3 goals starting for a team bereft of any attacking talent at the time and 1 goal from the bench. Wasted.

McLeish doesn't know flair when it bites him in the arse and when he does, he doesn't know how to use it.

N'Zogbia is a very good player that cause many teams trouble. He has pace, trickery, a very strong shot and good mover. An asset to any team in this league that allows freedom to their attackers.

And very good players have had their career turn out like Bentley. He's not the only one.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #18: Sep 17, 2011 06:14:26 pm
      Difference being bentley was never a very good player, he thought he was though.

Watched the match today Crouch it was on Setanta. Villa werent playing wing backs, Warnock was behind N'Zogbia. From what I see they were playing 4-4-2. This is McLeish second attempt to buy N'Zogbia so I would say he was what McLeish was looking for.

In relation to Zarate. I wouldn't expect a manager fighting relegation to throw a lad coming straight in from the UAE. It is a new league and much quicker. From what i remember McLeish tried to phase him in and would like to have tried to sign him if he stayed up
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #19: Sep 17, 2011 06:21:00 pm
      Difference being bentley was never a very good player, he thought he was though.

Watched the match today Crouch it was on Setanta. Villa werent playing wing backs, Warnock was behind N'Zogbia. From what I see they were playing 4-4-2. This is McLeish second attempt to buy N'Zogbia so I would say he was what McLeish was looking for.

In relation to Zarate. I wouldn't expect a manager fighting relegation to throw a lad coming straight in from the UAE. It is a new league and much quicker. From what i remember McLeish tried to phase him in and would like to have tried to sign him if he stayed up

Whatever with Bentley. I can accept some aren't in favour of him.

Oh no? Watch again midway through the second half. N'Zogbia was forced to play deep and Agbonlahor was up front looking for the counter attack long ball to latch on to. Warnock was defending in the box and N'Zogbia almost right beside him.

Not one did he play on the right, even when Albrighton came on to the left, N'Zogiba was played through the middle where he never played for Wigan.

Mcleish may of been looking for him but doesn't mean he knows how to use him. Roy Hodgson you perfect example of a manager doing just that.

And Zarate was brought on from the 80th minute onwards probably 5 times. I guarantee you that. Some 'phasing in' when your rooted to the bottom end and losing most games when you need someone like Zarate to win you a match.

He brought him in from a club in the UAE in January of that season for god sake. What phasing in sh*te are you talking about. He had 5 months to do something to help keep them up and he only started 6 games despite clearly being their best player even if he was at 75%.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #20: Sep 17, 2011 06:26:19 pm
      Darren Anderton
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #21: Sep 17, 2011 06:31:36 pm
      There was 19 other clubs in the Premiership and McLeish brought him in so I'd actually think he deserves praise for that. No way your going to throw the lad straight in though in a relegation battle. A silky attacking player coming from the UAE in January. So you think N'Zogbia best position is the right of midfield. Interesting.

Pretty sure N'Zogbia was given the free role at Wigan on more than 1 occasion. Simple fact is N'Zogbia started left midfield today and he was very poor. In general he has not started well for Villa and I would take Downing all day long over him
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #22: Sep 17, 2011 06:35:54 pm
      There was 19 other clubs in the Premiership and McLeish brought him in so I'd actually think he deserves praise for that. No way your going to throw the lad straight in though in a relegation battle. A silky attacking player coming from the UAE in January. So you think N'Zogbia best position is the right of midfield. Interesting.

Pretty sure N'Zogbia was given the free role at Wigan on more than 1 occasion. Simple fact is N'Zogbia started left midfield today and he was very poor. In general he has not started well for Villa and I would take Downing all day long over him

He F***ing signed Zarate to save the club from relegation! Phase him in my left arse cheek when he has 5 months to do something to help Birmingham stay up. 6 starts and 8 sub appearances. If he used him more, they might of stayed up and not replaced him the next season with Marcus F***ing Bent!

N'Zogbia was given a wingers role on the right hand side for Wigan. If your debating that then i need to comment no more. That is where he played and that was where he stayed for 80%+ of his game time last season. The only time he ran through the middle was when Wigan played the counter and he was left up front with Rodallega for that reason.

Quick Reply