Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The "What's Joey Barton done now?" thread

Read 13710 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      The "What's Joey Barton done now?" thread
      Sep 18, 2011 10:30:56 am
       ;D

QPR captain Joey Barton faces FA probe over Twitter attack on Wolves's Mick McCarthy and Karl Henry

Joey Barton could face disciplinary action from the Football Association after marring a superb display at Molineux with a post-match Twitter attack on Wolves manager Mick McCarthy and midfielder Karl Henry.

The controversial Queens Park Rangers captain has a history with Henry, who tormented Barton with a series of heavy challenges when Newcastle played here last season.
      This time, he was incensed by a scything tackle from Henry in the final minutes of the game. Having angered the Molineux crowd by directing a three-fingered gesture at them - to indicate the scoreline - he then sought out Henry to offer a patronising pat on the head and had to be dragged away by team-mates.
      Barton reinforced the message by later posting on Twitter: “I bet you Henry feels like an idiot again today. He should just keep his trap firmly shut.
      Sunday league player. I wasn’t happy another player tried to cause an injury when the game nearly over. Just because he’s inferior in every way.”
      Barton also implied McCarthy may have been under the influence of illegal drugs when he claimed earlier this week he would have turned down the chance to sign the midfielder before his move to Loftus Road.

Barton said: “‘Wolves snubbed me’, I read in this morning papers. Ha ha (I) don’t know what Mick’s been smoking.”
      Rangers manager Neil Warnock revealed earlier this month that Barton had been warned by the FA over his tweeting.
      Warnock said: “The FA have told players what they expect from anyone who tweets and he has got to adhere to the guidelines.”
      Speaking before Barton’s comments appeared on Twitter, Warnock was angry with Henry’s tackle but also with his own captain Anton Ferdinand for charging 40 yards to protect Barton, collecting his fifth booking of the season.
      “It was a dreadful tackle from behind and the player should have been booked. It has cost (Anton) a lot of money because I have just fined him. It would have been avoided if the referee’s assistant had made a decision,” Warnock said.
      All of which should not obscure how Barton and Shaun Wright-Phillips helped mastermind the latest phase of the Tony Fernandes revolution.
      If they were frivolous in wasting chances against Newcastle on Monday night, they were clinical in the extreme against a Wolves defence which was nowhere near adequate enough to cope with them.
      Barton’s first goal for the club, the result of a miscued cross from Wright-Phillips, set the platform for a second away victory and a memorable day which Rangers supporters revelled in chanting “is there a fire drill?” as Wolves fans spilled from their seats well before the final whistle.
      “It was as complete a performance you are going to get away from home. All the new players have raised the levels in training by 30 to 40 per cent,” said Warnock.
      The phenomenal speed with which Malaysian owner Fernandes has provided the funds for new players and the equally speedy manner in which Warnock has integrated as many as seven new faces into such a cohesive unit is impressive and few were more influential than Barton, according to his manager: “He is effervescent and that rubs off on the others.
      “If we were playing dominoes he would want to beat me and I am glad he has his history because we might not have been able to get him and he would be at a top four club.”
      McCarthy was equally eager to put one over on his old Barnsley team-mate, whose boots he had to clean at Oakwell as an apprentice.
      The bonhomie between the pair had been a backdrop to the event and the generosity flowed in both directions, but nothing matched the munificence of his Wolves defenders as McCarthy’s team were a shadow of the side which had performed so impressively, despite losing to Spurs, the previous weekend.
      The Wolves manager had been preaching for weeks to keep collective feet on the ground and Richard Stearman looked to have remained too grounded, which was the reason for the poor header that was punished by Alejandro Faurlin’s instant, clinical volley from the edge of the area.
      McCarthy said, “I don’t know why we were so poor. It is hard to put my finger on it atthe moment. It is not like us at all,”
      Substitute DJ Campbell provided the final flourish with a close-range finish.
      The previous time the two sides met, Wolves celebrated their return to the Premier League with a Sylvain Ebanks-Blake goal.
      If they continue to perform as woefully as they did here, they will have an incredible battle on their hands to retain that hard-won status. But at least they are not scheduled to face Barton again until February.

The 3-0 gesture was a laugh, after he was taunted by fans when Henry scythed him down.  If they can give it, they have to take it back as well.

As for the Twitter comments, he was responding to McCarthy doing him down and he is clearly not accusing Mick of taking drugs.  As for Henry comments, that is just funny.  At least didn't respond on the pitch (well not much).

Played very well by all accounts, looked good on MoTD.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Re: The "What's Joey Barton done now?" thread
      Reply #1: Sep 18, 2011 03:52:04 pm
      Love the title haha.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #2: Sep 18, 2011 04:30:42 pm
      Basically said he and Henry don't like each other on Goals on Sunday.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Started Topic

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #3: Sep 18, 2011 09:32:54 pm
      Basically said he and Henry don't like each other on Goals on Sunday.

They did a good job of keeping it quiet ;)
      TKIDLLTK
      • Started Topic

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #4: Sep 21, 2011 10:41:30 pm
      Queens Park Rangers captain Joey Barton insists Gervinho ruckus halted potential move to Arsenal
      Queens Park Rangers captain claims he could have moved to Arsenal in the transfer window but for his clash with Gervinho.

Barton joined QPR on a free transfer from Newcastle just before the transfer deadline but he believes he could have ended up in north London instead if he had not clashed with Arsenal forward Gervinho on the opening day of the season.
      The former Manchester City star provoked a clash with Gervinho that led to the Ivory Coast player being sent off during Newcastle's 0-0 draw against Arsenal at St James' Park.
      Barton dragged Gervinho to his feet after he appeared to dive in the penalty area and the midfielder then made a theatrical fall after being pushed by the Arsenal star.
      Barton is sure that ended any hopes of joining Arsenal and he told BBC Sport: "If I hadn't played against Arsenal on the first day, I may have signed for them.
      "There were a couple of conversations with Wenger but that's different to actually signing.

"The Gervinho incident happened and there's nothing I can do about it now. If it happened again, I'd like to think I'd deal with it differently.
      "Things happen for a reason and there's a lesson to be learnt from it. Right now, we sit above Arsenal in the table – hopefully that's the case in May."
      Barton says he had several clubs interested in him after he was made available on a free transfer by Newcastle for criticising the way the club was being run.
      He added: "There were a couple of offers on the table but now I'm really happy to be at QPR and in London. We play an expansive and exciting brand of football and can hopefully surprise a few people this season."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/8779980/Queens-Park-Rangers-captain-Joey-Barton-insists-Gervinho-ruckus-halted-potential-move-to-Arsenal.html

You have got to admire Barton's modesty... ;D

I said at the time that he would have been good for them though.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #5: Sep 21, 2011 10:46:29 pm
      He's one f***in arrogant c**t him. He thinks it's the Joey barton show - perfectly illustrated on Goals on Sunday where no matter who or what they were talking about it always came back to himself.

If I was a mod I'd insert into the rules a 'no threads about cu*ts' rule and lock this.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Started Topic

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #6: Sep 21, 2011 10:48:16 pm
      He's one f***in arrogant c**t him. He thinks it's the Joey barton show - perfectly illustrated on Goals on Sunday where no matter who or what they were talking about it always came back to himself.

If I was a mod I'd insert into the rules a 'no threads about cu*ts' rule and lock this.

What would you do about the manc thread...? ;)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #7: Sep 21, 2011 10:52:35 pm
      Mate, I started the manc thread!
      TKIDLLTK
      • Started Topic

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #8: Sep 21, 2011 10:56:15 pm
      Mate, I started the manc thread!

That has to violate the no threads about cu*ts rule ;)
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #9: Sep 21, 2011 10:57:19 pm

Are you aware of his twitter campaign for the hillsborough petition changed many reds opinion of him, massive respect.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #10: Sep 21, 2011 11:04:18 pm
      He's a sneaky c**t though him.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #11: Sep 21, 2011 11:13:08 pm
      Are you aware of his twitter campaign for the hillsborough petition changed many reds opinion of him, massive respect.

Credit to him for that by all means.

I'm with Gow on this though, still a c**t.

Having said that I like the thread because it'll allow me to say c**t a lot, which is good.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Started Topic

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #12: Oct 17, 2011 10:25:01 pm
      Top stuff from Barton, attending the Hillsborough debate.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton
      Hopefully the government give the Hillsborough families, what they've always sort today...... #jft96
      12 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

"BIG BIG THANK YOU TO: @steverotherammp @andyburnhammp @alison_mcgovern @johnmannmp for the fight for justice! #YNWA #JFT96"
      6 minutes ago

How @SteveRotheramMP held it together, ill never know. Fair play to the man, honoured to know him.....its been a long day, goodnight people
      9 minutes ago

@
      @MrDanDavies just happy to of been able to help.
      12 minutes ago

I've actually just started crying listening to @SteveRotheramMP close. I tried to hold it together, its been an emotional day.......
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #13: Oct 17, 2011 10:42:48 pm
      I've finally figured it out, Joey Barton is Mac Red ;D
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #14: Oct 17, 2011 10:45:06 pm
      I'm surprised he hasn't started his own Joey Barton forum.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #15: Oct 18, 2011 12:42:57 am
      I've finally figured it out, Joey Barton is Mac Red ;D

Even Joey's not that arrogant. ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #16: Dec 29, 2011 06:14:15 am
      He's had a baby (well his wife has) http://yfrog.com/ob47jyrj

Cassius Joseph Barton
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #17: Dec 29, 2011 06:38:15 am
      Touchee Rodders,that quote touches the heart strings.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #18: Dec 29, 2011 06:03:08 pm
      He's had a baby (well his wife has) http://yfrog.com/ob47jyrj

Cassius Joseph Barton

Cassius? The same as David Hayes son?

He's an enigma, wrapped in a quandary and locked in a box of mysteriousness Mr Barton ain't he?

Also known as 'a cock'.
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #19: Dec 30, 2011 03:11:25 pm
      He really baffles me. He's constantly promoting the justice campaign and seems very likeable in interviews, but he gets on like a first class knob on the pitch and on nights out apparently!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #20: Dec 30, 2011 03:47:03 pm
      Cassius? The same as David Hayes son?

He's an enigma, wrapped in a quandary and locked in a box of mysteriousness Mr Barton ain't he?

Also known as 'a cock'.
      The rather informal second description is more fitting, the admirable literary silhouette is wasted on the confirmed pr**k that Barton is.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #21: Dec 30, 2011 04:42:40 pm
      The rather informal second description is more fitting, the admirable literary silhouette is wasted on the confirmed pr**k that Barton is.

He's a philosiphicator nowadays ya know?

Can't argue with his logical misconceptions any more. ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #22: Jan 02, 2012 03:54:24 pm
      RorySmithTimes Rory Smith
      Oh, Joey. Barton sent off. Barrage of gags about how headbutting/punching (no replays) is a form of greeting in Huyton forthcoming.

Ha ha ha ha!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #23: Jan 02, 2012 07:00:44 pm
      He's never butted anyone in Huyton over the age of 15, he'd get F***ing battered.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #24: Jan 02, 2012 08:04:48 pm
      He's never butted anyone in Huyton over the age of 15, he'd get F***ing battered.

That was in town.

Even the 15 year olds round here would waste him!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #25: Jan 02, 2012 08:10:44 pm

;D

For all his recent attempts at being intelligent, he's still a F***ing clown!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #26: Jan 02, 2012 08:14:50 pm
      That was in town.

Some of the 15 year old girls are F***ing ruthless around here.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #27: Jan 03, 2012 01:18:06 am

Bradley Johnson tonight at the darts, the same player that got Joey sent off!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #28: Jan 03, 2012 09:01:17 am

Bradley Johnson tonight at the darts, the same player that got Joey sent off!

:lmao:

You can clearly see that Bradley Johnson is a thick c**t though. That A was clearly a H at one point on that card.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #29: Jan 03, 2012 09:07:42 am
      :lmao:

You can clearly see that Bradley Johnson is a thick c**t though. That A was clearly a H at one point on that card.
      Cracker, well spotted mate - thick c**t indeed hahaha.
      But fair play to him he can pick out a fellow thick c**t when needed.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #30: Jan 03, 2012 11:38:19 am
      That was in town.

In fairness to Barton even a head-butt can't beat a Glock, Uzi or Rocket Propelled Grenade. ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #31: Jan 06, 2012 09:05:12 am
      In fairness to Barton even a head-butt can't beat a Glock, Uzi or Rocket Propelled Grenade. ;)
      You're familiar with the Hazzards of Huyton I see.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #32: Jan 07, 2012 09:22:01 am
      I kid you not there is a story in the Metro whatever that is about Barton threatening to quit playing Football Manager, the comp. game because his own character is annoying him so much.
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #33: Jan 07, 2012 08:32:06 pm
      sums the total f__kw_t in one whole flick of the wrist!!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34: Jan 07, 2012 08:43:03 pm
      What's Joey Barton up to
      What's Joey Barton up to
      Joey Barton
      He's got a loose screw
      LFCexiled
      Reply #35: Jan 08, 2012 06:53:51 pm
      Got Neil Warnock sacked, apparently they were caught bumming.

:f_tongueincheek:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #36: Jan 18, 2012 12:01:59 pm
      According to talkSPORT Joey Barton has ruled out a move from QPR in January and insists he is happy to fight for his place.

Well they had better get some security on the youth teams cos Barton will knock as many kids out he thinks is called for called for to get his place back.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #37: Jan 18, 2012 08:43:15 pm
      He Retweeted the Anne Willams petition to his followers and asked Rooney to do the same, much as I am not a fan of his antics he does seem to have a soft spot for the 96.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #38: Feb 07, 2012 08:52:43 pm
      Blasting Paddy Barclay on twitter right now regarding his comments JFT96.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #39: Feb 07, 2012 09:05:02 pm
      This is what has caused it:

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40: Feb 08, 2012 12:15:52 am
      Patrick Barclay, you utter c**t.

----

My favourite Barton tweet recently:

Not arsed if there Beckham's or not. ÂŁ9.99 for a pair of gruds for H+M is an outrage, do one Becks...... #cheekygit
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #41: Nov 26, 2012 04:40:26 pm
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #42: Nov 26, 2012 04:45:16 pm
      Hahaha F***ing hell, crackers that lad.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #43: Nov 26, 2012 04:53:15 pm
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #44: Nov 26, 2012 06:51:28 pm
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #45: Nov 26, 2012 11:10:45 pm
      Jim White (Parody) ‏@JimSkySports
      The Bold Jimbo reacts to Joey Barton's fake French accent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBgKudlYhJE#
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #46: Nov 26, 2012 11:34:57 pm
      What a tit!
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #47: Nov 27, 2012 01:53:48 am
      That is pure comedy gold ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #48: Nov 27, 2012 02:03:22 am
      That is hilarious, part of me thinks he must of been doing it for a bet, then I realise it's Joey Barton.

Classic.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #49: Nov 27, 2012 01:48:21 pm
      sh*t funny that, got to be taking le piss!!

Reckon its worse than Mclaren's that.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #50: Nov 27, 2012 03:41:25 pm
      F***ing hell is that funny or what?? I totally believe the F***ing bellend would be happy with his performance.
      He'll be thinking '' piss easy this talking French business, I'm well in here''.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #51: Nov 27, 2012 05:02:18 pm
      :lmao: That is HILARIOUS!
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #52: Nov 27, 2012 10:39:54 pm
      Publishers to release ‘Learn French the Joey Barton way’

From the people who brought you Steve McClaren’s Dutch In Ten Eashy Shtepsh.

Have you ever wished you could speak a foreign language, but just can’t be arsed to learn? Then English footballer Joey Barton – pronounced Joseef Bahton – has the answer.

The former Man City and Newcastle midfielder, who is currently on loan at Olympique de Marseille from QPR, amazed the gathered media at a recent press conference after he used the English language to communicate in fluent French.

“If you think a circumflex involves the use of a scalpel, and a Cedilla is a monster created by nuclear testing then this is the book you’ve been waiting for!” – Piers Morgan

Learn how to shrug your shoulders in French!

Wan! Tooooo! Thwee! Fwar! Learn how to count to twenty as you punch someone repeatedly in the face!

Meh! Learn to not give a sh*t as only the French know how!

With invaluable phrases like, ‘I sink you av speeled ma dreenk, zerefore I weel extuingueesh zis cigar een yur fess’ and ‘Wizzout ze musique life wud bee a mistaque’, Joey will teach you how to enjoy a night out while impressing the locals with your knowledge of Nietzsche.

Turn your Gallic disdain on match officials. ‘Why you geef me red card? Ees only a dislocated shouldeur ‘ and ‘Zat ball was neffeur out of play – you sink I am sam sort of cont?”

An ideal gift for native English speakers who think “savoir faire” is a theme park near Bootle. So why not add a certain Je ne sais quoi to your spell in Casualty this Christmas?

On sale now at the bargain price of seex pounds seexty!

Also in this series – Emile Heskey’s Bloody Beaut Guide to Australia, Understanding the Wiltshire Dialect with Paolo di Canio and How to speak Los Angelican by David Beckham.

http://newsthump.com/2012/11/27/publishers-to-release-learn-french-the-joey-barton-way/#ixzz2DSuwgWPe
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #53: Nov 28, 2012 09:30:34 am
      Come on, it has to be for a bet :lmao:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #54: Nov 28, 2012 09:44:48 am
      Oh. Holy. F**k. Made my day, that did... what a wab.  :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #55: Nov 28, 2012 10:03:12 am
      Pantomime season is well and truly with us.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #56: Nov 28, 2012 10:08:41 am
      As much as the guy is such a tool I sort of let him off a bit after his actions with regards the JFT96 campaign

But that accent is comedy gold - right up there with McClarens Dutch one.

I wonder if Barton did it as a piss take :D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #57: Nov 29, 2012 01:06:04 am
      Mon Dieu Joey!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #58: Dec 05, 2012 08:58:40 pm
      Anyone seen Joey on Twitter today?

All started after Martin Samuel, a journo for The Daily Mail, wrote an article saying Joey should come out as gay so football can have its watershed moment. Well Joey didn't like that;

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton
      I see Jim Royles giving it beans about my sexuality in the Daily Mail. Like thats anything to do with him. Can he say what he's said?

Sounds slightly bigoted and homophobic to me. Any legal-eagles out there know if he can get away with this?

My sexuality is of no concern to anyone except me and my family. Can't see the missus being happy about this piece.

Nor, would I like my child (when old enough) to read this tripe. Shoddy journalism.

Its just wrong and a little bit weird why he would write this. pic.twitter.com/zMv7gJqB

In light of the Leveson enquiry, it seems a strange thing to print. I mean I have never even met the guy. He doesn't know me. Shocking

I've put a call in to colleagues of Martin's asking him to call me and explain his piece and his homophobia in general.

I shall wait for his retort before I decide what to do. Its actually a disgusting piece. That says more about him and his outlook.

People's sexuality. Colour of skin. Religious beliefs. Should not matter. It should not be an issue. Yet, time an time again it is. #sad

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan
      Unusually silly, unnecessarily offensive column by Martin Samuel re @Joey7Barton today. I'm with Hercule Pitbull on this one.

@piersmorgan his flippancy about the issue is part of a wider problem.What chance has a modern day gay footballer got battling such bigotry?

Oliver Holt ‏@OllieHolt22
      @Joey7Barton @piersmorgan it's wrong to accuse Martin of bigotry. He was making a wider point about homophobia in football.

@OllieHolt22 @piersmorgan It would be great if a footballer felt brave enough to challenge the accepted norm, but the current situation is a reflection on the audience, not the players. This 'journalists' proves he is part of the wider problem with his outlook. Whilst I'm sure the argument is firmly tongue-in-cheek, but given the audience, this sort of flippancy is unhelpful at best, malicious worst. Strange piece, using a man he has never met or spoken to, ever.

@OllieHolt22 @piersmorgan the amount of homophobic abuse I've had on hear since his article is actually shocking. I shudder to think of what a scary position it would be, right now in 2012 to be a gay footballer. Shame on us all.

Oliver Holt ‏@OllieHolt22
      @Joey7Barton @piersmorgan don't disagree with you about any of that but if people are giving you homophobic abuse because of that article, they have totally misinterpreted it

@OllieHolt22 that is said journalists responsibility. A desperate act, in my opinion. Its obviously worked as we our talking about it.

Sorry for posting all tweets involved but I think Joey made some very good points in there. It was a piece of piss poor journalism. Pathetic attempt by Oliver Holt to try and stick up for his journo buddy and credit to Joey for putting him straight.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #59: Dec 05, 2012 09:00:09 pm
      You know what, well said Joey!
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #60: Dec 05, 2012 09:10:31 pm
      Fully agree with Barton on that

Samuels is a full blown c&nt who deserves to be brought down a peg or two
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #61: Dec 05, 2012 10:01:12 pm
      Joey's got that spot on. What right has that fat sh*t bag Martin Samuel got, to write an article like that, about someone he's never met. If you actually read the article it's completely bizarre and sums up why no footballer will ever want to come out as gay (also, why there is apparently a need for a player to announce he's gay is beyond me).

Hope Barton can do the fat gobs***e over and get an apology. Martin Samuel always comes across as the typical Fleet Street, up their own arse, shitehawk and needs to be dragged off his high horse to mingle with the rest of us, nobhead.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #62: Jan 14, 2013 09:12:39 pm
      Everytime you think the lad might actually be ok he goes and says sh*t like this;

Watching Patriots. Just heard from a magician that Loic Remy has signed for QPR. Not sure what happened at Newcastle probably Llambas again!

Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann
      @joey7barton Joey do yourself a favour and stay out of club politics QPR and NUFC have paid you well for playing not to commentonrecruitment

@DietmarHamann trying to give me stick you cheeky man. Get your own life in order first... #peopleinglasshouses

@joey7barton I never said a bad word about my ex clubs and I never will as that's called respect and dignity Joseph .You got a lot to learn

@DietmarHamann what about they way I seen you prepare for a game. That dignified? Worst pro I've ever seen Youve got more front than Harrods

‏@Joey7Barton
      @DietmarHamann only cos your trying your b*llocks off to get a job now your skint. Don't try a be all self righteous u blert. I know u!

@joey7barton My life was in order well before yours you should light a candle for Fernandes and Llambias every day for paying you that money

@dietmarhamann if you wanna have it out publicly. Am here all day mate. Not having idiots like you talking like u actually have a clue!

@dietmarhamann you where a good player. Won more than me, yeah. Thats were you en mate on the pitch. Ur life's a car crash. #pipedown

@DietmarHamann you earned a few quid yourself. U choose to spunk it. Don't hate me cos ur a f*ck up!

@joey7barton The problem is that you think because you play in France you think you are an international player #farfromit

@DietmarHamann i put the graft in mate. Not playing poker online and smoking biffas night before the game. I wouldnt let u manage a pet shop

@DietmarHamann u WHERE a good player. More to life than football, u nugget...

@DietmarHamann listen lets put the ball away. So what if i'm in France. So, what about football. Told u. More to life than football.

@joey7barton Never forget who pays and paid your wages my friend how you dare having a go at Llambias and Fernandes England international

@DietmarHamann like being a family man. Being honest. Being loyal. Being a man. Being able to look at yourself in the mirror. Can u do that?

Joseph I won't get personal as Twitter is not the place to do that but don't think you are bigger than you are

@DietmarHamann Whose had a go at Fernandes? U idiot! Don't be bitter. You earned ur dough but blew it. Don't ever try to call me out maggot

@joey7barton Yes I do look in the mirror. I made mistakes but don't forget where you come from.Dont bite the hand off that feeds you

@DietmarHamann you chosen to get personal a few times. Now, u don't like it when I do. Told u people in glass houses! No pipe yourself down

@DietmarHamann before you get fully emptied out publicly, you blert. You've got my number. You know where to find me 24/7

@joey7barton No problem Joseph lets see each other in 5 years I hope I don't have to go to Walton #prison

@DietmarHamann you'll probably need a loan for your bus fare there! #skabint

@DietmarHamann don't be getting all self righteous. If I were you i'd think twice about trying to be clever or giving ANYBODY stick.

I hope I didn't offend anyone I just wanted to make a point why football needs to change if a player who writes for the Big Issue has a go at some of his former clubs managements #englandinternational

@joey7barton You said you want to boil burglars alive last week ..get a grip son and concentrate on your football ...England international

@DietmarHamann champions leagues medals don't make ur wife or kids respect u. Ur life like a car crash mate. Sort ur own house out!

Sick of washed up former pro's giving it big portions cos they've wasted their money. Medals don't pay your kids schools fees... #jogon

I'll take advice from people I respect. I won't however be told be someone I deem vastly inferior as a MAN, how to live my life. #norespect

There is more to life than kicking around a football. Yes, its great. I am lucky. I'd give it all up tomo for my family. #inaheartbeat

@joey7barton The medals won't make my kids respect me but im not prepared to punch a child in the face in McDonald's for them to respect me

@DietmarHamann u still here. U still engaged to that wrongun... #sillyboy

@DietmarHamann what a player u where. Now ur just a washed up coke head... #jogon u skint knobhead

@joey7barton I love a pint but never took drugs in my life be careful what you say England international #dontgetangryjoseph

Sniffed and gambled all your dough. What a waste. Left kids and wife, cos u pulled a young bird. Tragic. Now do one Tourette's face!

@DietmarHamann i know all about u and ur firm of cronies mate. Buy and sell u all till the cow's come home. I'll leave u now, its al'arse...

I won't be engaging with dis-loyal, glue sniffers anymore. Say what he wants from now on. I'll see him when I see him... #smallworld

@joey7barton I let the people judge Joseph it seems to me you got a lot of anger in you #englandinternational

@DietmarHamann only for dogs... #dialaloan

@joey7barton I'm happy to see you anytime Joseph and I'll tell you the same thing as last time my friend I've not given up on you

@DietmarHamann for one, you have never been a friend of mine. Don't make the mistake of being an acquaintance. As before 365 24/7

Disappointed in myself for getting involved in that. But never let a dog try to tell u its not a dog an that u are! A dogs a F***ing dog...

@joey7barton I'm chuffed to be a dog in your eyes ...i hope you can look in the mirror tomorrow

Don't pity him. He had it coming and got his few thousand followers, he constantly baits me for. #drugsareforinsecuremugs

My New Years resolution right out the F***ing window as well...

@joey7barton Never mind a new year resolution Joseph as long as you won't change the world won't #2capwonder

Football is struggling as punters can't afford watching games and you come out and blast former employers of yours ...Joey you are a bright Lad but you don't know what impact you got on here ...thats why punters lose faith in the game ...you are paid to play

And people think a ball bouncing off Luis' hand is what's wrong with football...
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #63: Jan 14, 2013 09:25:51 pm
      Wow... what the F**k.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #64: Jan 14, 2013 09:29:01 pm
      Joey who? Love the jibe about England International!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #65: Jan 14, 2013 09:31:51 pm
      Didi has certainly lived a colourful life, but as he says, he still showed respect to his former clubs. Joey, not so.

For the record, Joey, a lot of us are F***ing skint
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #66: Jan 14, 2013 09:35:32 pm
      Didi has certainly lived a colourful life, but as he says, he still showed respect to his former clubs. Joey, not so.

Didi's a class act, unlike Joey.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #67: Jan 14, 2013 09:39:08 pm
      Joey Barton is an incredibly vain individual. To dare mocks someone's personal misgivings in the way he did on twitter to Didi Hamann is nothing short of disgraceful. Appalling behaviour.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #68: Jan 14, 2013 09:44:05 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #69: Jan 14, 2013 09:51:17 pm
      Make what you may of that but thats box office Twitter right there.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #70: Jan 14, 2013 09:59:53 pm
      Make what you may of that but thats box office Twitter right there.

Haha box office Twitter.  :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #71: Jan 14, 2013 10:42:00 pm
      Oh the irony of Joey trying to slag off Didi's life!!

HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #72: Jan 14, 2013 11:36:27 pm
      Joey Barton and Dietmar Hamann trade insults in vicious Twitter row
      Sachin Nakrani
      guardian.co.uk, Monday 14 January 2013 23.08 GMT

They were once team-mates at Manchester City but now Joey Barton and Dietmar Hamann have become Twitter enemies following a lengthy, vicious and, at times, hilarious row between the pair on the social media site.

The spat kicked off after Barton sent out a tweet in which he claimed his Marseille team-mate LoĂŻc RĂŠmy had "signed for QPR". Barton being Barton, however, he could not leave it there and, querying why the France forward had appeared to have pulled out of a long-mooted move to Newcastle, he added: "probably Llambas [sic] again!" in reference to the north-east club's managing director, Derek Llambias.

Bringing back memories of his days at Liverpool, Hamann then stuck the boot in, telling Barton to "do yourself a favour and stay out of club politics QPR and NUFC have paid you well for playing not to commentonrecruitment".

Bringing back memories of his days at most of the clubs he has played for, Barton launched back aggressively, tweeting: "trying to give me stick you cheeky man. Get your own life in order first... #peopleinglasshouses".

Back came Hamann with: "I never said a bad word about my ex clubs and I never will as that's called respect and dignity Joseph. You got a lot to learn", before Barton went in two-footed with: "what about they way I seen you prepare for a game. That dignified? Worst pro I've ever seen Youve got more front than Harrods" and "only cos your trying your b*llocks off to get a job now your skint. Don't try a be all self righteous u blert. I know u!"

Hamann, who played with Barton at City during the 2006-2007 season, has admitted in the past to having a gambling problem that "one night cost me over ÂŁ200,000" and, during Monday evening's Twitter row, admitted he "loved a pint", but he denied other, stronger accusations from Barton, instead telling his one-time City team-mate to "light a candle for [Tony] Fernandes [the QPR chairman] and Llambias every day for paying you that money".

To that, Barton replied with: "Not having idiots like you talking like u actually have a clue!", having challenged Hamann, in the same tweet, to "have it out publicly".

Showing a tad more class, Hamann responded with: "The problem is that you think because you play in France you think you are an international player #farfromit".

The argument ran on and on, with Barton calling Hamann a "maggot" and the former Germany international sarcastically referring to the Huyton-born 30-year-old as an "England international". In total, there were more than 50 tweets exchanged between the pair, with Barton's final message containing the sort of crass oddness he has become renowned for using on Twitter: "Disappointed in myself for getting involved in that. But never let a dog try to tell u its not a dog an that u are! A dogs a F***ing dog..."

To that, Hamann's replied with: "I'm chuffed to be a dog in your eyes ... i hope you can look in the mirror tomorrow".

The world awaits the next instalment of this 140-character slag-off.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/14/joey-barton-dietmar-hamann-twitter?CMP=twt_gu
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #73: Jan 15, 2013 07:46:02 am
      No time for Barton.

Plenty for the kaiser.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #74: Jan 15, 2013 07:54:27 am
      No time for Barton.

Plenty for the kaiser.
      Ditto to that Shabs.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #75: Jan 15, 2013 11:19:27 am
      Barton "apologised" this morning after sleeping on it.

Basically he realised everyone seen he was a dick and he's back tracking now.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #76: Jan 15, 2013 08:45:34 pm
      Barton "apologised" this morning after sleeping on it.

Basically he realised everyone seen he was a dick and he's back tracking now.

Joey just figured that out this morning?

And they say you can't teach an old dawg new tricks....
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #77: Jan 16, 2013 09:05:10 pm
      What a strange boy Joey is...

Apologies to Dietmar Hamann

On Monday evening tweets exchanged between Dietmar Hamann and I went beyond the boundaries of banter, opinion and common sense.

I accept that my comments were offensive, untrue and related to matters of a personal nature, of which I had no knowledge.

I have apologised to Dietmar personally and now wish to apologise through the same social media channels that I used to make them, as well as my own website.

I appreciate my comments have caused Dietmar and his family some distress and I fully regret that.
      I also appreciate that my comments should not have been made, as they could have damaged Dieitmar’s reputation, which should  remain intact as a fantastic player and ambassador for German Football, as well as the game in general.

Dietmar and I have now agreed to draw a line under the unfortunate exchange and neither of us will be making any further comments on the subject.

http://www.joeybarton.com/apologies-dietmar-hamann/

If Didi has accepted the apology then fair enough. It's mad how Barton can go from the vile crap he was saying on Monday to that... what must go on in his head?

And also... why the hell has he got his own website!? :D
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #78: Jan 17, 2013 09:06:33 pm
      Didi was twice the player and is twice the man!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #79: Jan 17, 2013 09:16:05 pm
      What a strange boy Joey is...

Apologies to Dietmar Hamann

On Monday evening tweets exchanged between Dietmar Hamann and I went beyond the boundaries of banter, opinion and common sense.

I accept that my comments were offensive, untrue and related to matters of a personal nature, of which I had no knowledge.

I have apologised to Dietmar personally and now wish to apologise through the same social media channels that I used to make them, as well as my own website.

I appreciate my comments have caused Dietmar and his family some distress and I fully regret that.
      I also appreciate that my comments should not have been made, as they could have damaged Dieitmar’s reputation, which should  remain intact as a fantastic player and ambassador for German Football, as well as the game in general.

Dietmar and I have now agreed to draw a line under the unfortunate exchange and neither of us will be making any further comments on the subject.

http://www.joeybarton.com/apologies-dietmar-hamann/

If Didi has accepted the apology then fair enough. It's mad how Barton can go from the vile crap he was saying on Monday to that... what must go on in his head?

And also... why the hell has he got his own website!? :D

Joey has still got demons in that head of his. He can quote as many great philosophers as he likes but at the end of the day he's still got that anger inside him and at any stage he is capable of blowing a fuse.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #80: Jan 17, 2013 09:28:52 pm
      He can quote as many great philosophers as he likes but at the end of the day he's still got that anger inside him and at any stage he is capable of blowing a fuse.

Just another faux intellectual. If you read the stuff on his website, he comes across as being quite intelligent but then when you see the stuff he writes in a Twitter argument when he hasn't got time to check and double check what he's written or copy and paste other people's phylosophies, you see what level he's really at.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #81: Apr 03, 2013 11:53:50 pm
      Called Thiago Silva overrated before taking it back after his great game against Barca. Then goes on to call him a ladyboy. Wtf is wrong with that guy?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #82: Apr 04, 2013 01:43:53 am
      Called Thiago Silva overrated before taking it back after his great game against Barca. Then goes on to call him a ladyboy. Wtf is wrong with that guy?

He's a bit of a tw*t at times!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #83: Apr 04, 2013 10:57:11 am
      Surely there should be an award for the post with the biggest understatement of the year.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #84: Apr 04, 2013 11:11:56 am

This is way down the list of twattyness Joey Barton is capable of. The French with their croissants, funny hats and weirdness in general wouldn't know a tw*t if it smacked them in the gob, they might just correct that situation if they hang on to Joey Barton.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #85: Apr 04, 2013 06:57:00 pm
      FootballFacts101 ‏@FootballFact101  1h 
      Joey Barton is summoned by the French soccer federation's Ethics Committee after he called Thiago Silva an "overweight ladyboy" on Twitter.

Well it made me laugh anyway :).

Quick Reply