Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)

Read 683155 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,223 posts | 1646 
      Re: Steven Gerrard Player Thread
      Reply #4577: Jan 01, 2015 10:50:43 pm
      Our greatest ever, absolutely devastated to have just read that, doesn't seem right!

Still, we'll always have the memories...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4578: Jan 01, 2015 10:52:45 pm
      I agree Brian.

I think its best for everyone involved.

I just think him gone might make/allow other players to stand up now, I think too many are happy to sit back and wait for stevie to step up and inspire us to victory maybe if he's not there others will man up
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #4579: Jan 01, 2015 10:56:31 pm
      I just think him gone might make/allow other players to stand up now, I think too many are happy to sit back and wait for stevie to step up and inspire us to victory maybe if he's not there others will man up

That's one part Bri.

Also means the boss can get on with actually selecting his best side instead of constantly thinking Gerrard has to be part of each and every minute.

Also I think Stevie has lost a bit of love for the game and last season flattened him and he never recovered missing out. Be nice to see him abroad and enjoying playing football again.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #4580: Jan 01, 2015 10:57:16 pm
      Saddest part for me is how close he came to getting the title and now he is going to quietly slip away.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #4581: Jan 01, 2015 10:58:48 pm

That's one part Bri.

Also means the boss can get on with actually selecting his best side instead of constabtly thinking Gerrard has to be part of each and every minute.

Also I think Stevie has lost a bit of love for the game and last season flattened him and he never recovered missing out. Be nice to see him abroad and enjoying playing football again.

Think you guys are spot on here. It probably is the best move for all for both footballing and personal reasons. We knew this day would come and we've always been talking about how we'd cope without Gerrard.

But it's still gutting to know Stevie won't be here next season. It doesn't seem real.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4582: Jan 01, 2015 10:59:32 pm
      Only thing that worries me is next season we won't have any stand out leaders in the entire squad. That's ridiculous!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4583: Jan 01, 2015 11:01:45 pm
      Hopefully this announcement will make every other player in the dressing room deciide to kop themselves the fook on now and get there act together and win the Europa,fa or league cup or all 3 for him
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #4584: Jan 01, 2015 11:02:11 pm
      Only thing that worries me is next season we won't have any stand out leaders in the entire squad. That's ridiculous!
      Good point, I just don't see Henderson filling that role.
      10jnicholson98
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #4585: Jan 01, 2015 11:06:19 pm
      Not getting all this "best for both party's' doesn't feel right him leaving not at all
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #4586: Jan 01, 2015 11:10:52 pm
      Be a sad day when he leaves if true.
      Don't quite get the timing - any harm in waiting until the summer and seeing how things stand then? For instance I think Carra was too soon in making his announcement. Afterwards he barely missed a game and would have been a major part of the title push last season
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4587: Jan 01, 2015 11:27:12 pm
      Be a sad day when he leaves if true.
      Don't quite get the timing - any harm in waiting until the summer and seeing how things stand then? For instance I think Carra was too soon in making his announcement. Afterwards he barely missed a game and would have been a major part of the title push last season

I agree mate. Seems odd the whole situation IMO.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #4588: Jan 02, 2015 12:02:41 am
      He has been playing like a broken man all season so no great surprise he is off and probably explains his poor performances with all this on his mind.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4589: Jan 02, 2015 12:04:09 am

About time people stopped looking to Stevie, leaders will be made from this.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #4590: Jan 02, 2015 12:15:45 am
      Nothing for admiration for the only true world leading English player in the last 20 years.

There's not many players you can say could do things that Zidane, Messi, Ronaldo etc couldn't do, but this kid did.

In red.

And we got to watch him.

Thank you Stevie - now leave playing for Liverpool on a high, because you aint really leaving just the same as you never really arrived. You just are everything that is LFC.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #4591: Jan 02, 2015 08:29:37 am
      Heard you are leaving, craziest decision ever by LFC. Has been used in the wrong position all season. Better as part of the front 3 and not the back.

Will excel with a better manager that appreciates his quality.

And for all you fickle fans, my question to you is if Lamps can still do it for City now why no Stevie for us.

Will miss you like mad. You made being a LFC fan worth it. Hope to see you back in some capacity later in life.

Off to Napoli to reunite with Rafa I guess.

Thanks for all the great times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4592: Jan 02, 2015 09:52:24 am

I dont know how to put it in words but having Stevie here as always been a nice enticement for other players to come and play at our Club. Getting the chance to play along side a Legend of World Football makes Liverpool a more attractive place to come and ply your trade. With The Man gone now, will it ever be the same? 

We have a Superstar in Coutinho, a Star in the Making in Raheem and an always injured top Class Striker in Daniel but who else have we really got?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #4593: Jan 02, 2015 10:00:52 am

We have a Superstar in Coutinho, a Star in the Making in Raheem and an always injured top Class Striker in Daniel but who else have we really got?

Don't worry

We have the finances to compete with anyone in world football

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4594: Jan 02, 2015 10:03:29 am
      Don't worry

Yeah that's what I'm worried about.  :'(
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,541 posts | 3472 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4595: Jan 02, 2015 10:04:54 am
      Don't worry

Be careful what cheek you stick that tongue in...
      El Andy C
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #4596: Jan 02, 2015 01:52:12 pm
      Rodgers is in serious danger of wreaking any good he's done, poor signings and now lettin Stevie move on is ridiculous, Stevie used in the right way could still of benefited us and the youngsters comin through..

Good luck and god bless the legend that is Stevie G
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #4597: Jan 02, 2015 03:10:55 pm
      I'll be over in Germany this April. I'm going to try and get to Liverpool for newcastle at home; hopefully will see Stevie wear the red shirt in anger before he's gone.
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #4598: Jan 02, 2015 03:15:26 pm
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #4599: Jan 02, 2015 03:48:46 pm
      This is one of the biggest sports disappointment in my life..i am apsolutely devestated.He is my only idol and i have newer imagined that he will wear any other shirt besides Liverpool.It is going to be painfull to watch Liverpool without Gerrard next season.Im sorry we didnt won the PL trophy last season,he deserved it.After all...Steven Gerrard i wish u all of the best in the rest of your career.Thanks for everything.

Quick Reply