Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Why Isn't Andy Carroll Starting Games?

Read 12710 times
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Re: Why Isn't Andy Carroll Starting Games?
      Reply #115: Dec 19, 2011 02:52:58 pm
      I really think Andy and our team would really benefit from another pacey winger. If Downing isn't putting in crosses no one else really does, Hendo does sometimes. But with another pacey wideman he'll have Downing and another player doing it. It will make us more dangerous on the counter. Carroll is good at laying off but never really runs forward. He would benefit from a winger burst up the flank knowing a cross is coming in, Downing hasn't really done that much. I fully expect us to get another pacey winger and I think we'll start to see an improve Carroll. I also think he'll score against Wigan.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #116: Dec 19, 2011 03:05:50 pm
      He just needs to put he ball in the net. He is only 22, give him a chance to get a few goals behind him when he starts getting a run of games and see what happens. He has potential, lets not write him off just yet.

As for why he is not starting? ... he is not part of our best 11 at the moment, simple.
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #117: Dec 19, 2011 03:20:43 pm
      He's not playing well enough to start games and we can't risk having a passenger out there.
      Dancho
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts |
      Reply #118: Dec 19, 2011 04:32:31 pm
      He is not starting because he is not playing good enough. The end. Some of us have obviously saw something about him to make them believe he is a world class player, or at least that he is going there - I have not. The moment we bought him I thought he is as good as Babel was, who we had just sold. Although different type of players, in my eyes he was of the same quality. Since then, not much has happened to make me change my mind. I hope for the better of the club, he proves me wrong.
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #119: Dec 19, 2011 04:33:59 pm
      I felt a bit sorry for him yesterday though. Sending him on in the closing stages of a match we'd already put to bed with no intention of attacking any further in was never going to give him much chance to get a confidence boosting goal.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #120: Dec 20, 2011 07:08:54 am
      Sure he'll get a start between now and the end of the month with the 3 games coming up.

Up to him to stake a claim as the likes of Maxi, Bellamy and Shlevey have done when called upon.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #121: Dec 20, 2011 08:39:02 pm
      I think we can delete this now.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #122: Dec 20, 2011 09:50:34 pm
      Because we've been keeping him fresh in preperation for an 8 game run in the side?
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #123: Dec 20, 2011 10:28:27 pm
      You never know KD might stick stevie up front with the big man on bench still....best keep thread open for now...ha Ah no but on a serious note I would love to see the big man get a few games/goals under his belt, as long as the teams style of play isnt compromised (tend to be alot more direct and slower with andy on).
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #124: Dec 22, 2011 10:52:07 pm
      I think it's time to bring him in, in a system similar to how we used to play with Crouchy - with Suarez and Downing either side of him, chasing in as soon as he has the ball.

Suarez clearly needs some help in games up front - he can't do everything.  I'd bring him in next game.

Quick Reply