Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Reds v Swans - prediction?

Liverpool win
      131 (96.3%)
      A draw
      3 (2.2%)
      Swansea win
      2 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: Nov 04, 2011 10:55:25 pm

Liverpool FC v Swansea (5th November) - Pre Match Debates

Read 13877 times
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Liverpool FC v Swansea (5th November) - Pre Match Debates
      Oct 31, 2011 10:36:31 pm
      Liverpool put their seven game undefeated run on the line against Swansea at Anfield.
      The match is due to kick off at 15:00

It's the first meeting between the two teams since January 1990 when Liverpool ran out comprehensive 8-0 winners in an FA Cup third round replay at Anfield.

I'd go for
                                   Reina

Johnson      Skrtel       Agger      Enrique

Henderson   Lucas  Adam      Bellamy

Suarez
                                     Carroll

« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2011 10:54:30 pm by JD »
      MsGerrard
      Re: Liverpool FC v Swansea (5th November) - Pre Match Debates
      Reply #1: Oct 31, 2011 11:21:02 pm
      Going to be at this game with Brooklyn Red - his first visit to Anfield and RedKenny, I'm forecasting a big win, we're due to batter someone and I can feel it in my water that this could be the big one  ;D

Another 8-0 would be a pretty good result, I'm sure Kenny will put out his strongest team available to him, shame that Stevie isn't going to be around for a few weeks, but we have a strong enough squad for us not to miss him too much.

Looking forward so much to the game.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2: Oct 31, 2011 11:23:59 pm
      Swansea like to play football and will try to pass the ball around in the midfield. I think this can play right in to our hands, as we are capable of great football as well. Think Johnson or Kelly (whoever is deployed at RB) will have to have a good game against Sinclair, although he does most of his scoring from the spot.

Reina

Johnson      Skrtel       Agger      Enrique

Henderson   Lucas  Adam      Bellamy

Suarez
                                     Carroll

Switch Downing out for Bellamy, and I imagine that's exactly what you'd see out there come Saturday. Myself, I'd rather have Maxi Rodriguez and pass these fuckers off the park :P
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #3: Oct 31, 2011 11:25:37 pm
      Swansea aren't up to that much away from home and we should have a relatively easy three points.

BR, have a great trip, hope Kenny and the lads send you home happy with a win! :D
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #4: Oct 31, 2011 11:28:28 pm
                           Pepe
      Johnson Skrtel    Dagger  Enrique
                            Lucas
      Henderson    Gerrard      Downing
                                   Suarez
                    Carroll

They'll play attacking football so should we. Hope Stevie makes this one, we need him to get some minutes on the pitch before Chelski/Citee and the Xmas slug.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #5: Oct 31, 2011 11:35:26 pm
      Benito, Steven Gerrard is out for possibly 2 months.

Reina

Johnson      Skrtel              Agger         Enrique

Lucas

Bellamy                   Adam                  Downing

Carroll                Suarez
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #6: Oct 31, 2011 11:42:49 pm
      Crap i've just seen that, been at work all day, i thought was just an infection wtf?
      Some of the posts on that other thread are dumb. Hes a warrior and will live to fight another day. Switch him with Adam in my line up and that's my first 11 as think Hendo will be better on the right. Agree thought Adryan that  Bellers needs a chance too, looked hot every game hes played.
      Out of the Swansea game my eyes will be firmly on Downing, I know he hit the post last game but performances have really died down since he first few opening games of the season.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #7: Nov 01, 2011 12:47:28 am
                                               Reina

Johnson       Skrtel     Agger     Enrique

Henderson    Lucas     Adam      Downing

Suarez    Carroll

Jones, Flanagan, Carragher, Spearing, Maxi, Aurelio, Bellamy.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #8: Nov 01, 2011 06:54:17 am
        I have been predicting that some team is due to get a hiding from our lads,we are playing well so who better than Swansea to get a hiding.This has got to be 3 points with the REDS running riot.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #9: Nov 01, 2011 08:09:10 am
      This could be the perfect game for us to batter someone, they like to play their football and that could play into our hands.. I would be very surprised if they can out football us.  They are tricky out wide on both side and the full backs will be have to be on their games but I don't think Sinclair goes back the other way too often from what I've seen so if Lucas looks to cover jonno bombing forward, he and Henderson could double up on their left back which could prove fruitful for us..
      I'd like to see bellers involved in this somewhere as he will be bang up for it being a Cardiff lad there is no love lost.

I think we will see though

Reina
      Jonno skrtel agger Enrique

Lucas     Adam
      Henderson         Downing

Suarez

Carroll

This could be our day to get a few goals.  Early goal will open the game up..

Come on reds
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #10: Nov 01, 2011 09:45:44 am
      I think Liverpool can afford to use this match to give some playtime to fringe players, or test them in new positions (for example if we want to try Johnson RW with Kelly behind, or give a wide forward role to Suarez in a 4-3-3) and still get a comfortable win.

I'd start with 2 or 3 players from this list : Bellamy (desserve another start after his last good performance), Spearing (same), Coates (when will he play if he doesn't start against easiest teams at home ?), Maxi (Downing need to realise he's not guaranteed to start if he doesn't perform), Kuyt (back to the RW position where he gave his best performances, with Henderson playing in the middle), Kelly (considering Johnson is fit and will probably be our RB against better teams, it's the kind of match where to give him playtime), Robinson/Aurelio or even Doni (like I said in Pepe's thread, it may be time to change the "Pepe play all games" policy).

In last game starters the only ones I think it would be a bad idea to replace are Suarez and Carroll (Suarez would become mad if he is rested and they need to play together to continue developping their partnership) and Henderson (big improvement in last games, need to be showed he'll be rewarded if he continues in this direction). Out of that one of the usually good players (Lucas, Skrtel, Enrique) can probably be rested for that easy game while they are guaranteed starters for harder ones, Agger always comes with a risk of injury and can probably be economized to play Coates, and reminding others that there are other options for every position wouldn't be that bad (not really convinced by Jonhson and Downing especially).

And I don't think this kind of team (for example, many other possibilities with the good squad we now have) :

Pepe
      Kelly   Coates   Agger/Skrtel   Enrique
                 Lucas/Adam   Spearing
                     Henderson
          Suarez         <->        Bellamy
                      Carroll

... would be too weak to beat Swansea.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #11: Nov 01, 2011 09:46:45 am
      Going to this, hope we thump them.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #12: Nov 01, 2011 09:54:57 am
      I think Liverpool can afford to use this match to give some playtime to fringe players, or test them in new positions (for example if we want to try Johnson RW with Kelly behind, or give a wide forward role to Suarez in a 4-3-3) and still get a comfortable win.

I'd start with 2 or 3 players from this list : Bellamy (desserve another start after his last good performance), Spearing (same), Coates (when will he play if he doesn't start against easiest teams at home ?), Maxi (Downing need to realise he's not guaranteed to start if he doesn't perform), Kuyt (back to the RW position where he gave his best performances, with Henderson playing in the middle), Kelly (considering Johnson is fit and will probably be our RB against better teams, it's the kind of match where to give him playtime), Robinson/Aurelio or even Doni (like I said in Pepe's thread, it may be time to change the "Pepe play all games" policy).

In last game starters the only ones I think it would be a bad idea to replace are Suarez and Carroll (Suarez would become mad if he is rested and they need to play together to continue developping their partnership) and Henderson (big improvement in last games, need to be showed he'll be rewarded if he continues in this direction). Out of that one of the usually good players (Lucas, Skrtel, Enrique) can probably be rested for that easy game while they are guaranteed starters for harder ones, Agger always comes with a risk of injury and can probably be economized to play Coates, and reminding others that there are other options for every position wouldn't be that bad (not really convinced by Jonhson and Downing especially).

And I don't think this kind of team (for example, many other possibilities with the good squad we now have) :

Pepe
      Kelly   Coates   Agger/Skrtel   Enrique
                 Lucas/Adam   Spearing
                     Henderson
          Suarez         <->        Bellamy
                      Carroll

.  would be too weak to beat Swansea.

I think it's dangerous to class any game as easy and look to go into thinking it will be easier than any other game that we play.  I'm not saying we wouldn't win with the side you have put down but it's a dangerous game to play.  I never like to give the opposition an excuse to get more fired up than just playing at Anfield gives them and changing so many players almost writes Brendan rogers team talk for him , I can see it now " these f**kers think you will be easy for them, their not even picking their regular starters, go out there and get into them and prove to them and the crowd you deserve to be here"

I'm more comfortable with a couple of changes then if the game is won make your subs to try things
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #13: Nov 01, 2011 10:05:56 am
      No F**k that same team again please and hammer them try get a settled 11 and try go on a nice run of wins.
      L4Red
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      • @L4Red8
      Reply #14: Nov 01, 2011 10:09:55 am
      Going to be spending my birthday in Anfield for this :D fingers crossed they make it a good one :p

Shame about Stevie... I'm still hoping we'll see him but its not sounding too good. We won't be going into this game thinking its going to be easy so Id expect a very similar line up to what we have been seeing, Carroll included. Hopefully see a good team performance like we have for most of the season, with a few more goals and of course 3 points. Cant wait for Saturday!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #15: Nov 01, 2011 10:16:24 am
      Last time I had to sit in the Main Stand we beat the Mancs, so I'm fairly confident we will win this with our without Stevie and Jamie.

wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #16: Nov 01, 2011 10:19:41 am
      Have high hopes that the players are stepping up to the plate with solid perforrmances now. Carrol and Saurez starting to work well together and we really need another 3 points  as other teams are starting to play much better.Arxenal,Newcastle and Spurs all playing like top four teams.And some results in EPL suggest the art of defending in this league is not what it used to be.So this could be the game when the reds just run riot on the score sheet. Predicting 4-1 for the reds. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17: Nov 01, 2011 10:21:46 am
      If Spearing plays we'll win. Swansea use their ability on the ball really well in midfield. I would partner him with Lucas and leave Charlie out. Play the same attack and slot Coates in defence just because it'd be good for him to play against a team that plays all on the floor as opposed to Stoke.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #18: Nov 01, 2011 01:37:05 pm
      If Spearing plays we'll win. Swansea use their ability on the ball really well in midfield. I would partner him with Lucas and leave Charlie out. Play the same attack and slot Coates in defence just because it'd be good for him to play against a team that plays all on the floor as opposed to Stoke.
      That won't happen anyway. And I hope it doesn't.

We are Liverpool. We don't drop our most creative central midfielder to counter a newly promoted team at Anfield!!!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #19: Nov 01, 2011 03:19:53 pm
      Should be a good open game this one. I expect us to win comfortably if not by a lot of goals. (I am still concerned about our poor conversion of chances) I would rest Suarez for this game, hopefully recharging his batteries for the long road ahead. Not sure who to pick on the right between Kuyt, Bellamy or Maxi, think I would probably pick Bellamy just for the pace he adds. Chance for Downing to recapture some good form and gain confidence.

Reina

Johnson          Skrtel         Agger        Enrique

Lucas      Adam

Kuyt/Maxi/Bellamy          Henderson       Downing

Carroll

Guaranteed to be fireworks anyway
      jackbasturd
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #20: Nov 01, 2011 03:53:07 pm
      Swansea fan in peace.
      Mainly because Ive lived jup here for 30 years and understand what you are all about.
      Well,the feeling back home is buoyantfor Saturday mainly becasue of the "battering" threads which can come back to haunt.
      Ive no doubt it will be a good game as we aint Stoke CITY for example who will simply come to kick and maim.Somtimes I wish we were more nasty but Rodgers is a top man with a set of house rules that means if you dont wont to play for our proud club then you can feckoff thank you.The money we offer isnt great mainly because we would rather stay debt free.I SAY DEBT FREE.Nobody in USA,Dubai,Russia,Belarus,Malaysia,India or even anywhere from the old Empire.No siree ,we dont want ya.
      Rodgers has only one way to play and that means sadly we ll pass it to death.It may feck us up,we may well get a good thrashing but we aint going to be quiet and we re not going quietly.
      Atmosphere should be better than some of the games Ive seen at Anfield as our lot can be rather loud;it wont be St Etienneesque but I doubt if anyone falls asleep.
      Im quiet looking forward to it all
      Sadly it remainds me we will be back in LIVERPOOL in December to play the Bitterboys
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Nov 01, 2011 03:56:31 pm
      That won't happen anyway. And I hope it doesn't.

We are Liverpool. We don't drop our most creative central midfielder to counter a newly promoted team at Anfield!!!

Where have we lost any creativity when Lucas and Spearing play together?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #22: Nov 01, 2011 04:01:20 pm
      Where have we lost any creativity when Lucas and Spearing play together?
      Why drop Adam?

Good form and are you saying Adam can't use his ability on the ball in the middle just because Swansea can. Come on! The way you described it was to introduce Spearing to stop them playing in the middle.

We are the home team, the bigger team and the better team. We use our strengths and let them worry about us. Adam is our most creative central midfielder without Gerrard in the side and the need for two midfielders who I would consider capable in attack but natural defensively is not necessary.

Bet Adam starts anyway.

Quick Reply