Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Reds v Swans - prediction?

Liverpool win
      131 (96.3%)
      A draw
      3 (2.2%)
      Swansea win
      2 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: Nov 04, 2011 10:55:25 pm

Liverpool FC v Swansea (5th November) - Pre Match Debates

Read 14113 times
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Re: Liverpool FC v Swansea (5th November) - Pre Match Debates
      Reply #46: Nov 01, 2011 06:13:59 pm
      4-0 to the pool here
      3-0 to the pool v chelsea
      2-0 to the pool v citeh and we are back in the top 4

Shi*e, dont want much do you.

Swansea are a good passing team and have a lot a pace on the wings in Dyer and Sinclair and always thought that Williams at the back can be a liabality. If we play to our strengths and continue our recent form we'll get 3 points.

Bellamy should start this no question, being born in Cardiff and an ex player he'll love to get one over on the Swans.

Pepe

Kelly  Skrtel  Agger  Enrique

Henderson Lucas Adam  Bellamy

Suarez  Carroll
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,511 posts | 2871 
      Reply #47: Nov 01, 2011 06:19:37 pm
                      Pepe

Kelly  Skrtel  Agger  Enrique

Henderson Lucas Adam  Bellamy

Suarez  Carroll

That's the team for me too. Would prefer us to play a 4-3-3 though, allowing Bellamy to go further forward and Henderson to play centrally. Maybe Johnson ahead of Kelly as Glen was fantastic last weekend.

All depends on the start for me, an early goal and we'll win easily. If we don't, doubts might creep in and it may end up being a scrappy three points (hoping it's not less!)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,730 posts | 7164 
      Reply #48: Nov 01, 2011 06:46:06 pm
      Why would you change a side that totally dominated the opposition on saturday????
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #49: Nov 01, 2011 06:49:35 pm
      Why would you change a side that totally dominated the opposition on saturday?

For me Walton, Downing has been poor the last few games and for the reason above, Bellamy is a must.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,368 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #50: Nov 01, 2011 06:52:13 pm
      Nice little side Swansea. Will need to be treated with respect, like Norwich!!!

Added to the usual goons at home games up dont support the team and then get all uptight and worked up when we arent 4 nil up at half time and transmit there anxiety around the place this will be a tricky little test

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Lucas  Spearing

Henderson

Bellamy     Carroll      Suarez

I know we wont get that but I think Spearing would be the man to sit in midfiled with Lucas with Henderson behind a front 3. Bellamy has to start for me but so does Suarez and Carroll needs a run especially after scoring last day out.

We get our width from the full backs and Bellamy and Suarez pulling wide. Full backs being covered if caught out of position by Jay
      EZLfcRed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #51: Nov 01, 2011 06:53:53 pm
      I am travelling up on Saturday for my first game of the season. I usually go in the Albert for a few pints before hand but was wondering if I should drop into the Sandon this time. Which has better pre match atmosphere?
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #52: Nov 01, 2011 07:11:31 pm
      Been very impressed with Swansea this year, really hope they stay up because they play great football at times. Joe Allen looks a great young player, it will be interesting to see how well he plays on Saturday. Think they will struggle to have the combative element in midfield against us though and they do leave a lot of space in behind the back four. Suarez will get a lot of chances methinks.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #53: Nov 01, 2011 07:32:40 pm
      There are no easy games in the EPL, Swans will be respected the same as if it were the Mancs, and quite rightly so, Brendan Rogers will have a game plan and will instruct his players accordingly, they are not a 'park the bus' type side so we need to be vigilant,
      i would field the same side V baggies with the exception of Downing, for some reason he is not at his best and maybe a spell warming bench will make him realise he's not at f***in Villa now,
       Bellamy to slot in his place who i believe will be chompin at the bit not only to hold down a regular spot but to tear Swans a new orifice,
      i've went for a respectful 3-0 win(prediction league) but would not be surprised if it were more,
      a premiership game is not the time to experiment, we cannot afford to contemplate dropping points especially against the so called lesser sides,
      we have to be ruthless and not give a F**k who we are up against, every f***in minute of every game no matter what, its all about having a winning mentality, to believe in those around you, to build confidence in your own ability, trust your instincts, trust your teamates, and belief, and a wee bit of luck now and then, put all those together with hard f***in graft and your as good as there,
      this is what Kenny and his staff are working on everyday, and it's starting to show, i can see it, we're getting better and better, oh yes, its happening PPL, just believe !!

P.S.  I've heard the cleaners at Anfield have ordered a consignment of brasso, thoughts anyone?
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #54: Nov 01, 2011 08:02:21 pm
      this should be the easiest game of the whole season.
      If we dont win this, i will seriously question our credentials for top 4
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #55: Nov 01, 2011 08:13:43 pm
      I want a win, but not a hammering! Want to save that so we can batter City ;)

Downing is to be dropped for me, his form has not been good lately, an he has to be shown this. He needs a wake up call. Kuyt got one and responded. Most noticeably lately, Carroll and Hendo were dropped and told to play for their places and their form has thoroughly improved.

I would go with.

Reina
      Johnson   Srktel   Agger    Enrique
      Hendo      Lucas   Spearing  Bellamy
                      Carroll    Suarez

Harsh on Kelly I know, but Johnson didn't put a foot wrong last time. I don't like Adam in a 2 man midfield so went for Spearing. Altho that said, you could tuck in Hendo into the middle and then switch Adam for Spearing with Bellamy pushing up further forward.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #56: Nov 01, 2011 08:53:19 pm
      Easy? No. Entertaining? Definitely. Think we'll have too much for them if they play us in a passing game.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #57: Nov 01, 2011 09:19:26 pm
      I"m going for a win for this one simply because we"re playing sublime footie and i can"t see us dropping gears , Swansea are a decent side and i think that Kenny will have no doubts in the danger of dropping 3pts .We"ll pressure from the beginning to the end and break their resolve.4-0 will be the result Carroll will score a brace and Suarez 1, i reckon that Bellamy will score the last.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #58: Nov 01, 2011 09:26:20 pm
      I agree one hundred percent with those calling for Bellamy, the extra motivation is too much to ignore.

Gonna be there, I can't even believe it. I think it'll be a fun match to watch and agree with everyone that we will have a bit too much for them, Suarez won't want to be dropped there's a chance for goals in this open match. I think Hendo is going to score, I'm feeling it.

Come on you reds!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #59: Nov 01, 2011 09:39:24 pm
      Do you guys debate matters?
      On planet SWANS we seem to squabble quite a bit if /when thiings ggo to sh*te.
      Is it Peace and Love on here

Do we debate?
      Do we squabble?
      Do we F***k.

Nah. Not us We are clean living people.
      Arent we Huyton ?

We can create sh*te when theres none there. Bet you cant do that down in the valleys.

PS 3-0.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #60: Nov 01, 2011 09:50:07 pm
      Never said you were shutting me down of sorts, just that if i think we shoukld play one player over another because of what Swansea have to offer, then it's just my opinion. I didnt quote every single team with Charlie in it and say 'Oh but Jay would be much better. You got it all wrong. Why play him ahead of someone who offers more when we don't have the ball?'

We saw against Norwich what Adam can lack in certain situations and i feel we could add something Charlie doesn't have in his game and not take away anything from our side by playing Jay.
      Fair enough. Don't think we will see Jay starting though. Would not be annoyed if we did, I rate Jay highly. Has been very good since Kenny took over and I do hope he gets more first team opportunities.

But for me at the moment, Adam is playing well and does not deserve to be dropped.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #61: Nov 01, 2011 11:10:17 pm

Reina

Johnson   Skrtel   Agger   Enrique

Lucas   Adam

Henderson

Suarez   Carroll   Bellamy

Subs: Doni, Kelly, Carragher, Spearing, Maxi, Downing, Kuyt
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #62: Nov 01, 2011 11:12:11 pm
      same team as the weekend. hope to see dirk bellamy and spearing get a run but I think I am slowly understanding kenny especially his match day philosophies. why change it up if we are going well and the players are learning together. I mean we'd all love to see dirk start more but if hendersons performing... what can you do. give him the full 90.

clean sheet three points and no injuries please. big AC on the score sheet again
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,330 posts | 774 
      Reply #63: Nov 02, 2011 09:40:13 am
      Should win this game if we don't get too complacent, tend to give away silly goals at Anfield, which have proved costly this season. I will go for a 3-1 win for the Reds, hoping that Carroll can carry on scoring as he did against West Brom.
      jackbasturd
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #64: Nov 02, 2011 09:47:37 am
      Eurored.
      There arent many valleys on Merseyside where I live. xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      "easiest game of the whole season".
      Hope our lot have read that and Brendan sticks it up in the dressing room
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #65: Nov 02, 2011 09:51:20 am
      Eurored.
      There arent many valleys on Merseyside where I live. xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      "easiest game of the whole season".
      Hope our lot have read that and Brendan sticks it up in the dressing room

You need to read the whole thread and the context in which things are said...

I think everyone has given Swansea plenty of credit.. Rightly so for their start to the season but of we didn't expect to win this at Anfield then we wouldn't be telling the truth.. It's not a slight on Swansea so don't take it that way..
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #66: Nov 02, 2011 10:03:18 am
      I'd change it a bit...

Reina

Johnson
      Agger
      Skrtel
      Enrique

Kuyt
      Lucas
      Adam
      Maxi

Suarez
      Carroll
      jackbasturd
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #67: Nov 02, 2011 10:31:06 am
      robbie.
      Thanks
      I have.
      Its hard to put into print pithy ripostes.
      However,although we have a little respect many are simply dismissing us as is self evident.
      I have nothing but respect for LFC fans and many JACKS have a spot spot for the club that goes back to 1964 when we beat you in the Cup(Moran missed a pen)HE COLLECTED 16 SHILLINGS AND 8 PENCE from the coins chucked his way
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #68: Nov 02, 2011 10:43:30 am
      robbie.
      Thanks
      I have.
      Its hard to put into print pithy ripostes.
      However,although we have a little respect many are simply dismissing us as is self evident.
      I have nothing but respect for LFC fans and many JACKS have a spot spot for the club that goes back to 1964 when we beat you in the Cup(Moran missed a pen)HE COLLECTED 16 SHILLINGS AND 8 PENCE from the coins chucked his way

Yes perhaps Swansea are being dismissed but again that's not a slight on your lot... There must be games you go into in past divisions at home where you expect to win? That's not disrespectful to the opposition but it's fact..  Now that's not saying there can't be room for an upset take us dropping points to Norwich in our last game at Anfield ... That's football but its not putti g you down to think we should win this...

Nearly everyone has praised Swansea for the way they approach the game and the way your football is on the eye ... But it's not just us who expect to win this check out any bookies odds.. Do t take it as an insult to your team

Quick Reply