Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool FC Strike Force

Read 13483 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Liverpool FC Strike Force
      Reply #46: Dec 06, 2011 05:02:30 pm
      I would rather take a risk with Torres or Adebayor to be honest,tevez has way too much baggage and i think he dont like england too much either.

Going to crucify me for this but needs must,would anyone take a punt on owen?

Can't see us getting Adebayor mate as he's on a season long loan with an option to buy with Spuds and I don't believe he can be recalled or sold to another club during that period.

Owen I wouldn't touch with a shitty stick, he's damaged goods now.

I can see the reservations about Tevez as I have them myself, but if you could get an end of season loan deal with an option to buy then its totally risk free in my opinion.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #47: Dec 06, 2011 05:09:01 pm
      Adebayor and Suarez wouldn't be bad. Adebayor would be available cheap enough in the summer city just want him off the wage bill
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #48: Dec 06, 2011 05:13:33 pm
      Can't see us getting Adebayor mate as he's on a season long loan with an option to buy with Spuds and I don't believe he can be recalled or sold to another club during that period.

Daz if we put a bid in for him then city would have to look at the better financial option.

Adebayor and Suarez wouldn't be bad. Adebayor would be available cheap enough in the summer city just want him off the wage bill

With Lucas Podolski in the forward line up too..devastating.
      Xavier79
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | 17 
      Reply #49: Dec 06, 2011 05:14:52 pm

What about loaning Carroll out for the remainder of the season so he gets more premiership games under his belt?

I think that could do more damage than good, Andy needs to play more and i think there is progress in that way (maybe not as much as we expect but that is a whole different story...) Loaning him would have him adapting to a new team and strategy and also it may be not so much of a booster in his confidence. And even if it works he will have to "refit" in the team when he comes back. Gametime and work are what he needs.
      IMHO
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #50: Dec 06, 2011 05:18:09 pm
      I was talking to an older fan at a fan club meeting for the game last night...he reckons Andy Carroll is exactly like Tony Hately in the 60s...a good player in his own right, but he just doesn't fit in to the Liverpool style of play. Could be an accurate comparison!

There was always the Douglas Bader comparison with Tony Hateley.
      Good in the air but .........cr**..........on the ground.
      Is that PC?
      No?

We need a PC thread called  Niggas, Fingers and Headers.
       ;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #51: Dec 06, 2011 05:28:15 pm
      I wouldn't loan Carroll out, if he needs games to get into his rhythm, then he'd start for the reserves for me, we've got a lot of games to get through this month and we shouldn't be carrying passengers especially when we have players in better form missing out to accomodate Carroll.

Now it could just be Andy needs a good run of games under his belt to get up to speed and it would not hurt him or his form and fitness to get three or four consistent games under his belt for the reserves and a few substitute appearnces for the first team along the way.

He's not had a consistent run of games this season to build any form or match fitness, whats the maximum number of games Andy has started this season back to back 2 ???

He's young enough to improve so I wouldn't be quick to act drastically with Carroll especially when have players who can come in and be more than good enough to replace him in the starting XI.

I still think our best system in 4-2-3-1 with Maxi, Kuyt and Bellamy all starting behind Suarez until Gerrard returns.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #52: Dec 06, 2011 05:38:15 pm
      If we do go for a striker in January, I think we could do a lot worse than offer the rent boys £20m for that Torres bloke.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #53: Dec 06, 2011 05:38:55 pm
      Can't we bring Fowler back again? How I'd love a player of his natural ability right now.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #54: Dec 06, 2011 05:46:09 pm
      I think we could do a lot worse than offer the rent boys £20m for that Torres bloke.

You are correct.  The club could buy me.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #55: Dec 06, 2011 06:17:59 pm
      I was talking to an older fan at a fan club meeting for the game last night...he reckons Andy Carroll is exactly like Tony Hately in the 60s...a good player in his own right, but he just doesn't fit in to the Liverpool style of play. Could be an accurate comparison!
      That is not the Tony Hately I remember,the one I remember scored 17 goals in 42 games,also he scored 211 goals in 434 games for different clubs.He only lasted 1 season at Anfield because he was having problems,I cannot recall the full story but I a m sure it was to do with his wife or another players wife,so Shanks got rid of him.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #56: Dec 06, 2011 06:22:04 pm
      You are correct.  The club could buy me.

Well he knows the club, most of the players, he knows...

Nah you're right.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #57: Dec 06, 2011 07:13:12 pm
      That is not the Tony Hately I remember,the one I remember scored 17 goals in 42 games,also he scored 211 goals in 434 games for different clubs.He only lasted 1 season at Anfield because he was having problems,I cannot recall the full story but I a m sure it was to do with his wife or another players wife,so Shanks got rid of him.

Admittedly, at 22, I never saw him play or anything Billy, but from everything I've read on him, the general consensus seems to be that he never fitted in with the Liverpool philosophy and style of play. Did Shanks himself not say as much in his autobiography? Off hand I can't remember exactly what he said about him, but I think it was something along those lines?
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #58: Dec 06, 2011 07:20:56 pm
      The midfield needs to be more active, both in chipping in with goals and providing more supply at the feet of Luis.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #59: Dec 06, 2011 07:31:45 pm
      The midfield needs to be more active, both in chipping in with goals and providing more supply at the feet of Luis.

This all day long, our mid-field scares no one, hell the first couple of games when Adam started and took wild shots I was pissed, now I wish he/they would take 10 a game. Something has to give, on Johnson' Chelsea goal we probably surprised the sh*te out of them because someone other than Suarez was actually pushing and taking a shot. Personally I think Adam and Hendo just need to forget about playing it safe and worrying about public opinion and just go for broke.
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #60: Dec 06, 2011 07:40:39 pm
      I think Pavyluchenko could be worth a January punt. Not sure how much he would cost but I doubt he would be over £10million. Whether Spurs would sell to a rival club would be another matter. At this rate we wont be a rival though.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,995 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #61: Dec 06, 2011 08:27:22 pm
      I would rather take a risk with Torres or Adebayor to be honest,tevez has way too much baggage and i think he dont like england too much either.

Going to crucify me for this but needs must,would anyone take a punt on owen?
      God Almighty Shabs, have you had a brain fart?, i wouldn't have that kunt polishing the players boots for what he has done,
      we need a quick fix until the end of the season,someone who can bag the chances being created, a player suited to the prem, who can hit the ground running, i might get shot down in flames here but why not Jermaine Defoe, he hates bench warming at Yids and i think would jump at the chance to play alongside Suarez with ready supplies from Bellamy, Downing & co, we need to gain a CL spot at least, at the moment its doubtful unless we start hitting the onion bag, there is as much chance of landing Tevez as there is of Ferguscum saying sorry to anyone, and what wage structure would he demand, Torres is a no no, he has made his bed and all that,

a short fix makes sense to me and then see where we are come May, its a real dilemma, stick or twist ? thoughts on Defoe anyone ??
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #62: Dec 06, 2011 08:39:35 pm
      If Harry isnt in clink and wants to buy he will have to sell and Defoe fits the bill for me as he is a finisher and a good one at that. The Elephant in the room is Andy Carrol WTF is going on with the lad. People say that he and Carrol cant play together but I dont think suarez is a player who could build a partnership he is all action but not someone who would set a partner up if he could score himself.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #63: Dec 06, 2011 08:52:09 pm
      Bent? Drogba? Anelka? all know exactly where the goal is....
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,995 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #64: Dec 06, 2011 08:52:29 pm
      If i were Harry i would sell Defoe and use the money to buy Adebayor, so whether harry gets bird or not i think it could happen, but thats our opinions Walton, not necessary Kenny's, and if we were to reach the promise land of the CL, we could go out and out for a top striker in the summer along with 3-4 other top drawer signings.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #65: Dec 06, 2011 08:57:56 pm
      I would love to know Kenny's views at the moment on the squad.No mention of Comoli lately or his activities. ~I remember Tony Hateley probably one of the best ever headers of the ball he might give Andy some advice or Mark equally was a very similar player to Andy he could help him chanel his agression into the ball.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #66: Dec 06, 2011 09:02:13 pm
      If i were Harry i would sell Defoe and use the money to buy Adebayor, so whether harry gets bird or not i think it could happen, but thats our opinions Walton, not necessary Kenny's, and if we were to reach the promise land of the CL, we could go out and out for a top striker in the summer along with 3-4 other top drawer signings.

Problem is that none of our top 4 rivals are going to sell us a clinical finisher for anywhere near a reasonable price in January.  If we go for a "Prem proven" finisher, we are going to end up paying the same amount that we could get a world class foreign player for....
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #67: Dec 06, 2011 09:05:06 pm
      We all seem to be saying the same thing in that we need someone else to score our goals. On the other hand are our midfield creating enough and supporting the frontmen.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #68: Dec 06, 2011 09:10:27 pm
      We all seem to be saying the same thing in that we need someone else to score our goals. On the other hand are our midfield creating enough and supporting the frontmen.

We miss Steven Gerrard mate. I know people don't like to give him too much credit because he once amost signed for Chelsea/he's got dodgy body language, but does anyone seriously think that if he were playing we'd have scored only 18 goals in 14 matches or whatever the f*ck it is.

Quick Reply