Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

FA Suarez documents released

Read 55586 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: FA Suarez documents released
      Reply #460: Jan 03, 2012 02:17:53 am
      If there had been definitive proof, I don't think anyone on here would be backing Suarez, in fact I think a few on here, including myself, would expect further sanctions from the club as well.  This hasn't been proved and the subsequent witch hunt by the media on the basis of probably, which I don't think the evidence supplies, leaves me feeling yet again sickened by the UK press.

It was probable that Man United would beat Blackburn, it didn't happen though.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #461: Jan 03, 2012 03:46:50 am
      Taken from the Guardian Liverpool V Man U as it happened..

58 min: Corner for Liverpool, down the left. It's swung to the far post, where Skrtel contests, but Smalling clears. Suarez and Evra tussle down the right. Suarez catches Evra on the knee as the two battle for the ball at high pace. Evra twists and turns in agony, winning a free kick. No punishment for Suarez - correctly - but Evra doesn't see it that way. He's got that look in his eye, suggesting this isn't over.

from Sky

59 Chants of 'cheat, cheat, cheat' ring out of The Kop, as Evra produces some dramatics when reacting to a whack from Suarez. It was a foul, but Evra went over the top.

The Telegraph

58 min Ray Wilkins on the Sky commentary is upset with Evra. He didn't stay on his feet, you see. And you know how Ray feels about that. Instead he went down like he had been shot when Suarez clipped his standing leg. It was a foul that United were given, but Ray and the Kop annoyed that Evra took an age to get up and hobble dramatically away

How can the FA see it as a delibarate foul and take the word of a cheat as gospel truth!!! did they not look over video evidence/match reports before writing 115 pages of bullshit.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #462: Jan 03, 2012 04:27:24 am
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #463: Jan 03, 2012 08:21:32 am
      I think that this must be appealed - You can't say in a court of law - "Dave probably murdered Keith - so we have sentenced him for life"
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #464: Jan 03, 2012 08:28:12 am
      The FA select incidents and persue those that are conducive to their agenda, hence the claims of inconsistency that occur when their agenda bears little resemblance to the matter in hand
      I think that this must be appealed - You can't say in a court of law - "Dave probably murdered Keith - so we have sentenced him for life"
      Plain as day mate, anyone attempting to put hearsay before a court of law would be censured and warned about their conduct.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #465: Jan 03, 2012 08:40:03 am
      Now here is another story coming out Bellamy might get racism charges for calling Krul a ''dutch c*nt'' when he got his eye busted.

If so, the world has gone mad, is calling someone a ''dutch c*nt'' racist too?

video of it

Bellamy tells Krul to... "F**k off you Dutch c**t"

sorry if I deviated from the Suarez topic
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #466: Jan 03, 2012 08:45:24 am
      Now here is another story coming out Bellamy might get racism charges for calling Krul a ''dutch c*nt'' when he got his eye busted.

If so, the world has gone mad, is calling someone a ''dutch c*nt'' racist too?

video of it

Bellamy tells Krul to... "F**k off you Dutch c**t"

sorry if I deviated from the Suarez topic
      "Dutch c**t" ay? Tell you what he got off light if that's where Bellamy left it, for trying to blind him it's a wonder he didn't rip his head off and shove it up his arse.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #467: Jan 03, 2012 08:47:44 am
      What do you think of it stuey? I know if someone calls me ''f*ck off you arab c*nt'' for me its not racist as someone tells me ''you sand man'' or ''brown sand n*gger''
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #468: Jan 03, 2012 08:57:00 am
      What do you think of it stuey? I know if someone calls me ''f*ck off you arab c*nt'' for me its not racist as someone tells me ''you sand man'' or ''brown sand n*gger''
      Reply is below mate, if somebody inflicts actual bodilly harm on your good self a physical response is the order of the day, to escape with some verbal is just that - an escape.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #469: Jan 03, 2012 09:00:15 am
      agreed with your sentiment mate, let's what happens, twitter is a load of sh!t coming up with stories like that
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #470: Jan 03, 2012 09:15:29 am

Bruv.. That doesn't make sense... They both would generally be considered racist comments but what your saying is, you'd find one comment more racist than the other..? Lets not keep moving the goalposts on racism please ffs.. "F**k off you "White/Black/Arab/Eskimo" c*nt" would quite obviously be deemed a racist statement??..

I think our Luis is totally innocent and is a victim of an opportunistic attack by a drunk, a bi*ch and the xenophobic media but, I'm kind of sick of hearing the anti PC bunch devalue racism completely.
      You my friend can take offence at what you want but please don't in your defence of Suarez claim such statements earlier aren't offensive to most people..?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #471: Jan 03, 2012 09:26:55 am
      agreed with your sentiment mate, let's what happens, twitter is a load of sh!t coming up with stories like that
      It's got to be sh*t about any racism talk with that incident, if the FA took it any further Bellers could take a civil action against the Dutch c--p, then a legal situation would arise when Krul would be obliged to take reciprocal action against Bellamy and the sh*t would hit fan.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #472: Jan 03, 2012 09:30:45 am
      I think what we can determine now is this.

Evra has used Spanish Speaking Spanish when making his claims and as the language Suarez has abused him in.

The FA have sentenced Suarez on that evidence.

Suarez does not speak Spanish Speaking as such, its a Uruguyan Spanish and would not speak how Evra has suggested he did in his statement.

The Fa have really fu**ed up here.

I think we should take it to appeal on a legal failure of the procedure.

I'd argue that Suarez does not Speak in the tongue that Evra has claimed, so there has been a break down in communication as the two were speaking in two different forms of Spanish one a French man with a basic grasp of Spanish native to Spain and a Uruguyan speaking in a Spanish native to Uruguay.

So a French man with a basic grasp of Spanish has wrongly translated a kind of Spanish he does not understand or is not familiar with and made his accusations based on that.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #473: Jan 03, 2012 09:41:30 am
      Bruv.. That doesn't make sense... They both would generally be considered racist comments but what your saying is, you'd find one comment more racist than the other..? Lets not keep moving the goalposts on racism please ffs.. "F**k off you "White/Black/Arab/Eskimo" c*nt" would quite obviously be deemed a racist statement??..

I think our Luis is totally innocent and is a victim of an opportunistic attack by a drunk, a bi*ch and the xenophobic media but, I'm kind of sick of hearing the anti PC bunch devalue racism completely.
      You my friend can take offence at what you want but please don't in your defence of Suarez claim such statements earlier aren't offensive to most people..?
      The difference being that Bellamy used a correct term to describe a nationality which is not racist in the true sense of the word, a situation that has links to the expression Suarez used.
      The adjective in this case 'c**t' is not racially abusive either, on an individual level the word can be used in so many contexts and is only vaguely offensive.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #474: Jan 03, 2012 09:44:13 am
      Quote from bmck
      Once European (or Worldwide) groups like this wade in and make statements against the club, the less likely I think LFC are to appeal.
      Whatever about the rights or wrongs, the fine detail gets lost when bigger groups enter the stage and start making broad comments.
      At that point the club needs to make a choice.
      Is it worth appealing and continuing the fight based on:
      a) the likelihood of the decision being reversed (which I'd say that's no chance at this stage, the FA are determined to make an example)
      b) by extending the public discussion through appeal, the more the club's name continues (rightly or wrongly) to be associated with racism

Politics...

I'm not expecting too many anti-racism groups to sift through 115 pages of waffle, looking for what phrases mean in different languages and cultures. Like the rest of the media, they see a phrase and their mind is made up for them.

Our worldwide fan base won't suffer. People in most other countries have more important challenges in life than discovering what the difference between Negro and Nigger is on a football pitch.

That said, the case itself is unprecedented, and the judgement is a joke. We cannot and should not accept it. I would prefer us to ignore the FA appeal route altogether, and go straight to a civil action.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #475: Jan 03, 2012 09:46:25 am
      So, this Mr. Evra will be f**king offended everytime if he played in a Uruguayan or South American league, will he be reporting it everytime he's being called a 'ne**o'? Rasicm has no boundaries but then you have to look at the culture and language used in a certain places.

By having said that Evra his more credible than Suarez was the joke of the year. I think there was a case where he was not even close of being credible. Anyway, this Mr. Suarez is a Liverpool player and we must support him no matter what.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #476: Jan 03, 2012 09:49:28 am
      That said, the case itself is unprecedented, and the judgement is a joke. We cannot and should not accept it. I would prefer us to ignore the FA appeal route altogether, and go straight to a civil action.

We go into Civil action against the FA and Suarez gets banned.

We have to exhaust all our options with the FA before we can take it to artibration.

There is a procedure we have to follow in the process.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #477: Jan 03, 2012 09:57:28 am
      A LIVERPOOL Echo online survey has revealed LFC fans are split over what action they want the club to take next in the Luis Suarez FA racism saga.

More than 1,300 Reds fans voted in our online poll, where they were given three options – accept the judgement, appeal the judgement or take it further.

They could also add their own option if they wanted.

The results show that fans’ opinions are divided almost equally between the options, albeit with two thirds of LFC supporters favouring further action of some sort.

Taking the judgement further polled the most votes, with 505 votes, closely followed by appeal the verdict with 492. The option to accept the verdict finished in third place, but with 450 votes – very close to the other two options.

Take it further 35% (505)

Appeal to FA 34% (492)

Accept the verdict 31% (450)

It represents a shift from a poll the Liverpool Echo conducted when Suarez’s eight-game ban was first announced, when 715 out of 857 LFC fans said the club should appeal the verdict and just 53 said the club should accept it.

Among the other category in our latest survey, Sam suggested the club should begin careful and persuasive damage control.

He added: “The admitted use by Luis Suarez of the word Negro is unfortunate and indefensible. Both fans and club must now support him with counselling and tutoring so that he never uses the ‘N’ word again. My principal concern now is for LFC. I feel its pain. We must all work hard now to get this unhappy episode behind us.”

Peter Wilson suggested Luis Suarez should be put up for transfer.

Paul Taylor said the club should appeal for a reduced ban because of ‘contradictory conclusions’ in the FA judgement.

Matt R added: “Pursue a civil case against the FA as the accusation is so serious and damaging to Suarez’s reputation that it really should need to be proved beyond all reasonable doubt.”

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/01/03/luis-suarez-racism-row-readers-have-their-say-on-liverpool-fc-s-next-step-100252-30050256/#ixzz1iO5PAYgZ
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #478: Jan 03, 2012 10:03:19 am
      And the Liverpool Echo screened for Evertonians (31%) in the vote did they?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #479: Jan 03, 2012 10:27:30 am
      Quote from RedLFCBlood
      We go into Civil action against the FA and Suarez gets banned.

We have to exhaust all our options with the FA before we can take it to artibration.

There is a procedure we have to follow in the process.

Yes, but if we go to the FA beforehand and lose, he gets banned anyway. And we'll still have to go to court.

There's more to this than football. The sooner we get this to court, the sooner we can clear Luis' name. If he's banned in the meantime and he is then cleared, then it will show the original decision for what it is.

« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2012 10:41:27 am by lfc across the water »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #480: Jan 03, 2012 10:31:02 am
      Yes, but if we go to the FA beforehand and lose, he gets banned anyway. And we'll still have too go to court.

You don't get it mate, no one would hear our case until we'd exhausted the appeals process with the FA.

There are procedures you have to follow.

By trying to take it higher than the FA immediately, we'd have to admit Suarez's guilt by not appealing the FA decision.

Then any admission of guilt, would F**k us up in any other avenue we pursue.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #481: Jan 03, 2012 11:06:17 am
      Interesting to see the total lack of reaction to Fergie's recent   description of Evra's 4 match ban after falsely accusing the chelsea groundsman of racism. Ferguson described it as a 'trivial' row and couldn't understand why he got banned. The facts are after reading the report Luis admitted ONE use of the word which he on reflection should not have used. The key points though is the use of the word probably about Luis's guilt and something else that hasn't been picked up and excuse me if I've got this wrong but the report states 'for the most part' Evra's evidence was reliable. Hmmm.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #482: Jan 03, 2012 11:12:50 am
      it all comes down to evidence rather than interpretation for me.

if suarez is judged to be less reliable then evra because of his demeanour or attitude (or something equally ambigious), and this judgement is from a panel, then the whole verdict is an absolute joke and we should take it further. you cannot judge a man and charge him guilty, especially with soemthing serious like this, without solid proof and youo are absolute 100% certain.

if, suarez is deemed less reliable due to inconsitencies in his testimony, backed up by video evidence - i.e.suarez claimes he never used the word 'negro' in the goal mouth argument but alternate video footage from different angles indicates he has and other witnesses say so - then we have to accept the punishment. i'd be very disappointed with suarez for risking the reputation of his club, manager, colleagues and fans.

i haven't read the whole thing, but fa have to release evidence and credible reasons for why they thing suarez' version was elss reliable than evra's.

Quick Reply