Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Bolton 3 - 1 Liverpool post match anger

Read 68852 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Re: Bolton 3 - 1 Liverpool post match anger
      Reply #989: Jan 22, 2012 12:04:43 pm
      Mate im getting sick of the cheap shots from posters like what a hit. Some posters are more concerned with what other posters say then what happens on the pitch. What a hit is a prime example of that.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.  Just re-read your post FFS.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #990: Jan 22, 2012 12:12:39 pm
      Exactly Daz, Bolton were allowed to put their stamp on the game simply because we didn't. We allowed them the luxury of a tactical advantage - not too difficult when our own 'tactics' were null and void.
      Whatever tactics you use if your team shows no passion and the other team plays with lots of passion, you will probably lose.

I was reminded of teams who have made it to the FA final and have nothing to play for in the league   
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #991: Jan 22, 2012 12:14:00 pm
      Mate im getting sick of the cheap shots from posters like what a hit. Some posters are more concerned with what other posters say then what happens on the pitch. What a hit is a prime example of that.

On this occasion he has a point as you were posting like a man possessed last night and do seem to revel in a defeat so you can tell everyone ' I told you so'.

Just my opinion and also it's not for you to judge who is and isn't a 'knowledgeable' poster as we on the forum can decide that for ourselves no problem.

Back to the game and I'm not sure there is anyone who thinks yesterday was anything less than unacceptable and with Kenny's words after the game I'm not expecting to see another performance like that in quite a while so best to get it out of the system and look forward.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #992: Jan 22, 2012 12:14:04 pm
      Hard not to be annoyed when someone posts what what a hit did. I dont question other posters support and neither should other people. Was a post aimed at getting a reaction.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #993: Jan 22, 2012 12:16:18 pm
      Can't believe some of the things I have read in this thread. Look, we all know we were sh*t! It doesn't need to be talked about over and over again. It would be an issue if the manager said we where good etc a.k.a Hodgson, but Kenny knows the situation and we all saw how pissed of he was after the game in his his interview. I feel we still need a few players, somewhere in the line of Suarez standard, but that doesn't look like it is going to happen. We have to play on with the squad we have, as frustrating as it may be. We have two big games up next and the players have to be in the right frame of mind, not scared to play. Let's get behind them at Anfield on Wednesday and, who knows, a win their against City, confidence may pick up and goals could pour. I am forever the optimist. 
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #994: Jan 22, 2012 12:17:34 pm
       Usual people revelling and "I told you so"ing. So utterly depressing.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #995: Jan 22, 2012 12:17:40 pm
      Thats the thing about the premiership, normally you have to earn the right to play your football, we never earned our right yesterday, Bolton did by pressing us off the ball and forcing us to go backwards instead of forwards.

The only player who showed any real heart passion and desire to win was Bellamy but that's nothing new as thats the fire that Bellamy has strring away inside him and that can be the difference between winning and losing, if every one of our players showed half of what Bellamy does in terms of passion, we'd have won that yesterday.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #996: Jan 22, 2012 12:19:05 pm
      On this occasion he has a point as you were posting like a man possessed last night and do seem to revel in a defeat so you can tell everyone ' I told you so'.

Just my opinion and also it's not for you to judge who is and isn't a 'knowledgeable' poster as we on the forum can decide that for ourselves no problem.

Back to the game and I'm not sure there is anyone who thinks yesterday was anything less than unacceptable and with Kenny's words after the game I'm not expecting to see another performance like that in quite a while so best to get it out of the system and look forward.

I was a man possessed after watching that F***ing sh*te. It annoys you pick up on me saying he is a weak poster which i think but it is okay for him to abuse me. I know im not the most popular but F**k sake and i expected to accept sh*te aimed at me
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #997: Jan 22, 2012 12:19:44 pm
      The only player who showed any real heart passion and desire to win was Bellamy but that's nothing new as thats the fire that Bellamy has strring away inside him and that can be the difference between winning and losing, if every one of our players showed half of what Bellamy does in terms of passion, we'd have won that yesterday.

The only problem there Daz is that too many players don't have that passion and will to win and it really becomes all too evident on days like yesterday.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #998: Jan 22, 2012 12:21:23 pm
      I was a man possessed after watching that f**king sh*te. It annoys you pick up on me saying he is a weak poster which i think but it is okay for him to abuse me. I know im not the most popular but f**k sake and i expected to accept sh*te aimed at me

I'm going to leave it here as yet again I can't make too much sense of what you are posting.

Sorry mate.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #999: Jan 22, 2012 12:23:40 pm
      Usual people revelling and "I told you so"ing. So utterly depressing.

Another person questioning people support. Typical post aimed at me Mick. Well done jump on the band wagon. Im sorry Carroll and Adam are sh*te i really am would love if they were as good as posters like you Mick thought they were.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #1000: Jan 22, 2012 12:24:48 pm
      Kenny is smart enough to know what needs doing,he's also man enough to admit a couple of his signings are never going to be good enough, Carroll and Adam,what you see there is what you are going to get,with Downing and Henderson i feel they can improve,and should be given time to prove they are good enough for this club,next 2 games are massive and if anyone can motivate the players Kenny can,bring on the mancs.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1001: Jan 22, 2012 12:26:32 pm
      Another person questioning people support. Typical post aimed at me Mick. Well done jump on the band wagon. Im sorry Carroll and Adam are sh*te i really am would love if they were as good as posters like you Mick thought they were.

Corbs check your PM.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,293 posts | 763 
      Reply #1002: Jan 22, 2012 12:28:37 pm
      Another seemingly abysmal display apart from Bellamy, who seems to be setting an example to the others on how to play. Need a real improvement from the side or else our season will be over in less than a week's time.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1003: Jan 22, 2012 12:28:50 pm
      Whatever tactics you use if your team shows no passion and the other team plays with lots of passion, you will probably lose.

I was reminded of teams who have made it to the FA final and have nothing to play for in the league   
      The lack of passion negates any idea of tactics, no operational framework or structure can be assembled without one vital ingredient - a positive belief in the product, otherwise known as passion.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1004: Jan 22, 2012 12:43:19 pm
      Our big problem from the off yesterday was the gaping hole in midfield. Stevie isnt a holding player Rafa new that and neither is Charlie so unless we play 3 in th emiddle they cant start on Weds or we will get taken apart.
      I would put Stevie on the right which is a problem for us this season and he is awesome there.If Jay is fit I would have Adam Henderson and Jay with Downing on the left and Bellamy up front on his own 4-5-1 .If Fabio is fit I would also have him back as Enrique has been going off the boil lately too.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #1005: Jan 22, 2012 12:45:21 pm
      I would put Stevie on the right which is a problem for us this season and he is awesome there.If Jay is fit I would have Adam Henderson and Jay with Downing on the left

I thought Stevie should have played right side yesterday and agree with most of this but would have Shelvey instead of Adam.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #1006: Jan 22, 2012 12:51:49 pm
      I'm puzzled.

If our midfield is patently not providing any cover for our defenders.

And is also not running down on goal, shooting or creating chances for our strikers.

What exactly are they doing?
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #1007: Jan 22, 2012 01:04:50 pm
      6 more pages in here than when we beat City last week.

Christ Almighty.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #1008: Jan 22, 2012 01:05:55 pm
      Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Henderson, Adam, Maxi, Bellamy, Carroll.

Subs: Doni, Coates, Kuyt, Downing, Carragher, Shelvey, Kelly.

Cracking line up! Should expect a few goals.

My thoughts exactly when I saw it, what followed Im still in shock at.

It was bad enough to lose there, the manor of the display was just a disgrace!

Apart from Bellamy, I cant think of any player who should avoid critisism and if Kenny post match interview was anything to go by we should have 9 changes for the City game. Again, proved to me that when fit, Jay must play as the holding player in Lucas's absense as Adam and Stevie dont work together.

Hopefully a bollocking from the staff will kick some of the players hard up the arse and we wont see another performance like that for a long long time! Cant face "super sunday" today, I will end up throwing something at the tv :mad:
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #1009: Jan 22, 2012 01:06:45 pm
      We were awful, simply awful. but from Kenny’s post match I think he knows that!
      But what I will say is Kenny set out his stall and by the first 20 mins he must have seen that he got it wrong, where was his plan  B??
      By 60 mins he should have been making some hardnosed tactical decisions??
      Blame who you want, and that’s easy, but Kenny it’s an unassailable fact YOU HAVE TO TAKE ULTIMATE RESPONSIBILITY you are the manager. MANAGE
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1010: Jan 22, 2012 01:10:24 pm
      6 more pages in here than when we beat City last week.
      Less goes wrong and therefore there's less to discuss when we win perhaps.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #1011: Jan 22, 2012 01:20:35 pm
      Should dock them pay for below par performances,thats the only way to stop  doing these walkabouts.

Quick Reply