Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Mauricio Isla (Udinese)

Read 2083 times
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 472 posts | 22 
      Mauricio Isla (Udinese)
      Jan 25, 2012 12:44:42 pm
      A few sources on t'internet have rumoured us to be looking at Mauricio Isla.

He's a good utility man who can play anywhere in defence or as a central midfielder and he has a good engine like Kuyt but is technically much better. A price of around £13m is being quoted

We also seem to be close to getting striker, David Texeira from Groningen with £9m being quoted.

I think these two players along with Joao Texeira (£1m) from Sporting Lisbon will be our January signings this year with around £23m being spent overall. Not bad and will give us cover for Lucas and a striker who is in good form.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/01/24/liverpool-fc-rumour-mill-mauricio-isla-and-david-texeira-set-for-lfc-100252-30189645/
      redsordie27
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts |
      Re: Mauricio Isla (Udinese)
      Reply #1: Jan 25, 2012 01:17:44 pm
      Would he play on the right wing or DM if he were to come here
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2: Jan 25, 2012 01:33:11 pm
      Could be a nice addition to the squad, haven't seen much of Udinese lately I have to admit, but loved watching this lad for Chile.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #3: Jan 25, 2012 05:18:55 pm
      He would probably play where Kuyt has played for Liverpool - on the right wing with a duty to track back to help out defensively. He also has a similar engine and work ethic to Kuyt but is technically much better.

He may firstly though be employed in central midfield alongside Gerrard and Henderson in a Lucas kind of role. He is defensively sound and has played left-back, right-back and centre-back for both Chile and Udinese.

A very good utility player. :)
      Bier
      Reply #4: Jan 25, 2012 05:24:31 pm
      I'm wary of utility players. I'm sure there are exceptions. But players tend to become utlity players because they don't excel enough in one position. In saying that, I don't really know much about Isla.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #5: Jan 26, 2012 02:30:06 am
      We need this guy. Adam is a liability playing holding role and Gerrard cant be deployed forward because of that probably. We need a person who will do the job for us as Jay and Lucas are injured.
      redsordie27
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts |
      Reply #6: Jan 26, 2012 03:19:50 am
      Id rather bring up coady the spend 15m on a backup DM unless kenny will play suarez solo striker 2cuz wingers gerrard AM and 2 DM then it'd be a good buy

Quick Reply