Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Discussion

Read 60585 times
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Re: Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Discussion
      Reply #805: Feb 11, 2012 08:26:42 pm
      i dont give a F**k if luis doesn't shake evra's hand
      i don't give a F**k what fergy thinks or says about our club
      All i care about is our club and winning football matches.
      And the media can kiss my arse
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #806: Feb 11, 2012 08:46:45 pm
      United were much of a threat, but they just came out after the break a bit sharper.   Two goal cushion gave them the ability to get everyone behind the ball and we maybe scored our first goal a little bit too late in the game to get the point.

Thats about the size of  it JD the rests just  selling papers .

FWIW I really think 4th would be some achievment for this squad ,8 games without your goal threat ,2 or 3 not standing up and being counted .
      Kenny is a realist he knows the investment made by the Yanks demand results ,players have been warned before, but this lack lustre performance   at Old Trafford today must be a worry,
      With the Jan window past he has to make do with the squad he has , I think a few egos and the gloves taken off with the reality of what we are all about needs to hammered home to some,  its all very well sticking up for each other with the handbags at the end , the 90 mins they get payed for would have been a better place to show such an attitude .
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #807: Feb 11, 2012 08:51:44 pm
      I think we have been tired with or the games. Cant wait until the two next fixtures are over and we can focus on the Prem with the odd FA cup game (if we make it)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #808: Feb 11, 2012 08:52:31 pm
      I think we have been tired with or the games. Cant wait until the two next fixtures are over and we can focus on the Prem with the odd FA cup game (if we make it)

Jaysus what we do if we had european football as well
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #809: Feb 11, 2012 08:52:58 pm
      First, I thought they played like sh*t. Absolutely sh*t poor passes on numerous occasions.  Downing was completely useless. Spearing too.  The best performance, for me was Johnson. He was all over making plays and trying to get something going.

Second.  Evra is little bi*ch and when he ran next to Suarez going in the tunnel and yelling and pumping his arms he was intentionally trying to start something.  He's a F***ing pussy and everyone knows it. He has no class, honor or respect. So, Karma will get him, it always does. I cant wait too see that day when his knee explodes on the pitch.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #810: Feb 11, 2012 08:56:18 pm
      I thought we did a typical away job at a tough place in the first half. We stood off United until they got in a decent position and we were very organised. We were dangerous when we had the ball, Johnson went close and some journalists are adamant that Ferdinand should have seen red (I didn't see the angle they are referring too).

Second half, United started much sharper. That said though it was a lucky corner and a mistake that led to their goals. The major disappointment was the lack of fight at 2-0, we were so lethargic with the ball, nothing happening in front of the midfield and the midfielders themselves showed no drive. When Adam came on we improved a bit, got a goal but never really looked like scoring again.

We're definitely lacking class in the final third. With the transfer window shut now, it's up to Kenny to get something out of our underperforming players.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #811: Feb 11, 2012 08:59:22 pm
      I thought we did a typical away job at a tough place in the first half. We stood off United until they got in a decent position and we were very organised. We were dangerous when we had the ball, Johnson went close and some journalists are adamant that Ferdinand should have seen red (I didn't see the angle they are referring too).

Second half, United started much sharper. That said though it was a lucky corner and a mistake that led to their goals. The major disappointment was the lack of fight at 2-0, we were so lethargic with the ball, nothing happening in front of the midfield and the midfielders themselves showed no drive. When Adam came on we improved a bit, got a goal but never really looked like scoring again.

We're definitely lacking class in the final third. With the transfer window shut now, it's up to Kenny to get something out of our underperforming players.

Chats our tactics were terrible today why exactly did we not close Scholes down, we gave Utd and Scholes way to much respect today
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #812: Feb 11, 2012 09:15:14 pm
      just a bad day allround
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #813: Feb 11, 2012 09:18:40 pm
      Paul Merson @PaulMerson_  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
      For not shaking his hand, But what Evra did at the end was out of order he wanted a reaction off Suarez, He's meant to lead by example!
      Retweeted by Richard Buxton

26m Paul Merson @PaulMerson_  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
      My opinion is the handshake thing should of just been abandoned before the game, Suarez what he's been put through I don't blame him..
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #814: Feb 11, 2012 09:19:56 pm
      Paul Merson talking sense for once, remember when he said Suarez was to slow for the Premiership
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #815: Feb 11, 2012 09:20:24 pm

To many of them this season mate
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #816: Feb 11, 2012 09:20:46 pm
      Paul Merson talking sense?

Now it snows in hell.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #817: Feb 11, 2012 09:29:11 pm
      There was a place in Malaysia where Liverpool fans gathered to watch the game. Apparently, that supporter's club had invited some Mancs over to enjoy the game together and there was a section for them.

Then, this is what happened, when Rooney scored his first goal, a bottle flew, coming from the Manc section, hitting a kid in the Liverpool section.

Liverpool fans had been singing and chanting all night but didn't deserve to get hit by a bottle.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #818: Feb 11, 2012 09:30:11 pm
      There was a place in Malaysia where Liverpool fans gathered to watch the game. Apparently, that supporter's club had invited some Mancs over to enjoy the game together and there was a section for them.

Then, this is what happened, when Rooney scored his first goal, a bottle flew, coming from the Manc section, hitting a kid in the Liverpool section.

Liverpool fans had been singing and chanting all night but didn't deserve to get hit by a bottle.

Mate no matter what country your in youll find it is the Liverpool fans that have the class
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #819: Feb 11, 2012 09:32:30 pm
      Balotelli : If i was in Suarez boots and got banned for 8 games for something i didn't do,i wouldn't shake evras hand either.

Jamie Rednapp : If your walking down the street and you see someone you dont like, you dont shake their hand.

Kenny Dalglish : If someone said I was racist and I new full heartedly that I certanly wasnt, then I wouldnt shake their hand.

GARY NEVILLE : If you dont like the man, dont shake his hand.

So F**k Evra and every other f**ker thats saying Suarez this Suarez that!!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #820: Feb 11, 2012 09:32:52 pm
      Mate no matter what country your in youll find it is the Liverpool fans that have the class

Most of the Manc fans are what we in the states like to call "frontrunners". They pick the team that is having the most success at the time to root for them. If things started to go bad, you'd find out real quick how many "real" scum fans there are.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #821: Feb 11, 2012 09:33:50 pm
      Exactly mate dunno how many utd fans Ive talked to that havent a clue about the game
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #822: Feb 11, 2012 09:36:32 pm
      When the whole Blatter incident cropped up the media jumped on it basically deeming a handshake to be an empty gesture and solved nothing. And here we are today and it's become of paramount importance (according to one capable of causing riots)....I don't want to live on this planet anymore

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #823: Feb 11, 2012 09:47:05 pm
      Just seen Kenny's and Ferguson's BBC interviews. Kenny only wanted to talk about the match itself and that other beaut calls Suarez a disgrace and say's Liverpool should get rid of him.

I actually hate him. The only person I could possibly hate more is his and Thatcher's love child/thing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16997451
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #824: Feb 11, 2012 10:18:55 pm
      Ferguson pre match.."We havent discussed shaking hands.", Ferguson Postmatch, We spoke about it this morning."

Wants to lay off the whisky the drunken old c**t. To be a convincing liar, you need to have a very good memory.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #825: Feb 11, 2012 10:20:46 pm
      Ferguson pre match.."We havent discussed shaking hands.", Ferguson Postmatch, We spoke about it this morning."

Wants to lay off the whisky the drunken old c**t. To be a convincing liar, you need to have a very good memory.

Ha ha.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #826: Feb 11, 2012 10:23:07 pm
      Why doesn't surprise me from the lying scumbag, well spotted Red, I'm sure the all seeing media will conveniently forget this.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #827: Feb 11, 2012 10:24:26 pm

Wouldn't matter it's not like anyone is going to question the befuddled old tw*t.

Quick Reply