Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

What has happened to our club?

Read 10650 times
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Re: What has happened to our club?
      Reply #92: Feb 14, 2012 12:01:26 am
      The club could have avoided everything by saying that it was the process we are unhappy with not Evra or UTD and that the process did not allow for a just outcome.
      Stop being victims in this and come out fighting for fucks sake.

This dose it for me,it like we run scared from all these things....The scum the media the F.a,
      Getting a bit sick of it its time to grow so balls and tell these fuckers were to go!!
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #93: Feb 14, 2012 12:19:06 am
      It was one incident that was not handled properly from start to finish.

From the day it happened to the miss of the handshake this thing has been a shambles. Hopefully going forward there will be some clear definitive protocols put into place for when the unexpected like this happens again. You can place blame anywhere that suit you but truth is everybody messed this up.

What's done is done, we have Wembley coming up, we have a lot of games left to be played for the league and still a shot at a double.

Best way for everyone now is just to win baby win.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #94: Feb 14, 2012 12:34:33 am
      To nick a line from Rafa.

"This club is being run by men who dont know football".
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #95: Feb 14, 2012 12:53:40 am

Well some time soon you must get to understand that this goes beyond the "F**k FA and Man U" attitude. Recent developments have torn at the fabric of what Liverpool FC hold in high esteem.

The FA and cohorts have made Suarez the racism-scapegoat; the manager as been termed a supporter of racism; his unflinching support for Suarez has been called foolish and unwise; The handlers of the Club have succumbed to the pressure from the media and have not only accepted the Suarez guilty-verdict, but they have also gone on and isolated Suarez, KK and the fans. This is sad.

So the "F**k-the-world" attitude doesn't always solve every problem.

People are pained.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,336 posts | 6386 
      Reply #96: Feb 14, 2012 01:13:52 am
      To nick a line from Rafa.

"This club is being run by men who dont know football".

Out of curiosity how many are?

Does Abramovich or Shiek know football? How about the Glazers?
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #97: Feb 14, 2012 01:16:46 am

We're not Chelsea, City or the Scum.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,336 posts | 6386 
      Reply #98: Feb 14, 2012 01:22:40 am
      We're not Chelsea, City or the Scum.

No we aren't...my question is simply how many club owners really know Football? I didn't know that was a requirement for a team to be able to win trophies or titles.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #99: Feb 14, 2012 01:27:08 am

I think it's fair to say Roman knows a bit about the game, otherwise he wouldn't have spent so long in the director's box after the final whistle in 2005 watching the Kop!!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #100: Feb 14, 2012 06:25:41 am
       The latest news is that Manure have changed their name to Teflon United,the bas**rds have come out of this squeaky clean and fu*k all has stuck to them.Now since our owners took over from the other 2 bas**rds they have had my total support.Now I am so bloody angry and feel they have let us down by hanging Kenny and Luis Suarez ouy to dry.Teflon United Ferguson and Evra have come out of all this  as though they had no part in the problem of which they were at least 50% to blame.When we play Brighton I would like to see banners all round Anfield telling the world that Kenny and Luis has our full support and we will never allow them to walk alone.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #101: Feb 14, 2012 08:18:18 am
      It was one incident that was not handled properly from start to finish.

From the day it happened to the miss of the handshake this thing has been a shambles. Hopefully going forward there will be some clear definitive protocols put into place for when the unexpected like this happens again. You can place blame anywhere that suit you but truth is everybody messed this up.

What's done is done, we have Wembley coming up, we have a lot of games left to be played for the league and still a shot at a double.

Best way for everyone now is just to win baby win.

Thats the type of perspective required.
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts |
      Reply #102: Feb 14, 2012 09:01:48 am
      everyone seems to be scared of something, namely media, what you all scared off? whats going to happen? will you stop supporting LFC? Suarez fu**ed up , we fu**ed up, sh*t happens, what I do not understand is the  turning on each other by LFC fans, blaming the owners ect, but this is not the time to publically criticise anything to do with LFC,  "divide and conqueror" springs to mind, we are public enemy number one at the moment, why is this I ask? answer, this is because we are on our way back and everyone is scared probabley because they are all Slurgason knob eaters, keep the faith, lets not argue amongst ourselves, just accept we  F**k up sometimes,  what we need is to stay together and move on, this will make us stronger. LFC are not going away, we need to stay strong, supportive and F**k them all,  believe it or not thats what the Cantona/fan incident did for the scum all those years ago, (sorry to mention sh*t like this onthis forum), so everyone get some and support the club, if you can't do this for whatever reason go support someone else
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #103: Feb 14, 2012 09:14:44 am
      The latest news is that Manure have changed their name to Teflon United,the bas**rds have come out of this squeaky clean and fu*k all has stuck to them.Now since our owners took over from the other 2 bas**rds they have had my total support.Now I am so bloody angry and feel they have let us down by hanging Kenny and Luis Suarez ouy to dry.Teflon United Ferguson and Evra have come out of all this  as though they had no part in the problem of which they were at least 50% to blame.When we play Brighton I would like to see banners all round Anfield telling the world that Kenny and Luis has our full support and we will never allow them to walk alone.
      Fair play Billy and nobody could argue with your sentiments, but let's not forget how much of a role the media has played in the whole pantomime of events and for what reason.
      Slur Alco has campaigned relentlessly to bring down LFC for many a year and Murdoch with his multi-national News Corporation empire has been waiting like a coiled scorpion for an opportunity to present itself where he can avenge his humiliation and defeat at the hands of the people of Liverpool.
      Luis Suarez is manna from heaven to both those creatures and gratefully received wth delight, the carefully malformed sense of outrage will be kept smouldering and every opportunity taken to kindle the flame,
      To point fingers within the Liverpool camp is also a desired entity in the 'do Liverpool down' campaign and should be resisted at all costs.
      « Last Edit: Feb 14, 2012 09:34:09 am by stuey »
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #104: Feb 14, 2012 09:25:29 am
      yes true at the end of the day we should all let the British media be the British media let united be united and support even harder. I don't know whether the club, Kenny, the owners or whoever could have "handled this better" as the media would have run riot anyhow - Suarez had a target on his chest the moment he stopped being an Ajax player and started being a Liverpool player. all Liverpool players past and present more or less get shunned. except those that sold their soul like J. Redknapp. but Kenny is back so the time for in fighting should be well gone! he is building a killer squad right in front of our eyes I guess the key is Fenway Sports putting more time into their biggest club LFC not the Red Sox!!

kennystaff
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts |
      Reply #105: Feb 14, 2012 09:41:55 am
      yes true at the end of the day we should all let the British media be the British media let united be united and support even harder. I don't know whether the club, Kenny, the owners or whoever could have "handled this better" as the media would have run riot anyhow - Suarez had a target on his chest the moment he stopped being an Ajax player and started being a Liverpool player. all Liverpool players past and present more or less get shunned. except those that sold their soul like J. Redknapp. but Kenny is back so the time for in fighting should be well gone! he is building a killer squad right in front of our eyes I guess the key is Fenway Sports putting more time into their biggest club LFC not the Red Sox!!

Ridiculous to say Suarez had a target on his chest the minute he became a Liverpool player. Whether we like to admit it or not, all of the controversy that's going on have come from Luis's actions. I still support the lad, and by no means think he's a racist, but he didn't need to get involved with Evra. He didn't need to stick his fingers up at the Fulham crowd. He didn't need to avoid a handshake, after he said he'd do it. We keep going over and over the same point. I support Kenny, and Suarez, but people are making Luis out to be a saint. He's added more fuel than anyone to the fire.
      And please expand on your point about Jamie edknapp selling his soul???
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #106: Feb 14, 2012 10:03:05 am
      I'm talking about the amount of crap he was copping re: "diving" and already had "cheat" over his head from the WC. they've been digging in from the start. first it was a "mischievous grin" then they're making fun of his teeth. they're not going to hold back if a LFC #7 is as good as Suarez. I know he isn't a saint. I said somewhere else he should have respected the club is bigger than he and tried to rectify the situation. But I also believe Evra didn't attempt to shake his hand he was waiting for it to come and Suarez wasn't going to play that game and moved on. Evra of course has looked the "victim" the entire time, the poor thing. But we'll never know the truth and Suarez has to dig in to succeed here. I don't doubt that.

(I think Redknapp is a bit of a dick.. but I'm not sure how much)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #107: Feb 14, 2012 10:06:18 am
      Ridiculous to say Suarez had a target on his chest the minute he became a Liverpool player. Whether we like to admit it or not, all of the controversy that's going on have come from Luis's actions. I still support the lad, and by no means think he's a racist, but he didn't need to get involved with Evra. He didn't need to stick his fingers up at the Fulham crowd. He didn't need to avoid a handshake, after he said he'd do it. We keep going over and over the same point. I support Kenny, and Suarez, but people are making Luis out to be a saint. He's added more fuel than anyone to the fire.
      And please expand on your point about Jamie edknapp selling his soul???
      Goes without saying that no Liverpool supporter should give any of these hysterical claims about Suarez, Mr Dalglish, LFC, the club's owners (sorry if I left anyone out) any credence whatever.
      It is highly relevant that no allegations, rumours or insinuations have troubled the legal system and never looked likely to, it is defined as speculation and inference which has only one source - the club's detractors.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #108: Feb 14, 2012 10:15:20 am
      Jamie Redknapp does squirm sometimes on SKy as he knows what he is saying is damaging to Liverpool..he's paid to make comments .
      Luis is not an Angel he is a South American who is volatile and ready to explode at any given moment but we knew that when we bought him.
      He has also been the target of constant criticism in th epress and a lot of that stems from Ferguson having a go at the game in October.
      Maybe lots of other clubs let these things go but I thought we defend our own as much as we would a family member its what Shankly instilled into us we are part of the trinity and we need to play our part when called upon.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,437 posts | 3421 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #109: Feb 14, 2012 10:41:58 am
      Good to see that the club are saying that they were not forced by the owners or anyone to apologise although whether we believe them or not is another matter. Luis was wrong to tell Kenny that he would shake Evra's hand and then not to. The reaction to the non handshake has been totally over the top, I even found myself agreeing with Alan Green on radio 5 who said that the reaction was hysterical. You would have thought Luis had killed someone. It's now time for the club to come onto the front foot. Maddock should never be allowed within a 20 mile radius of Anfield and the club need to take action against the people who have endlessly slagged the club off. These people say the club should move on but seem incapable of doing so themselves. In defence of the owners their lack of understanding of the unique way football works has certainly not helped them

Quick Reply