Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

One point better off than last season...

Read 30886 times
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 289 posts | 28 
      One point better off than last season...
      Mar 03, 2012 04:25:26 pm
      After 26 PL matches last season we had 38 points (W11 D5 L10  GD+3).
      After today we have 39. (W10 D9 L7  GD+5)
      Our league position remains the same (7th).

A great deal of soul-searching needs to be done.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Re: One point better off than last season...
      Reply #1: Mar 03, 2012 04:27:11 pm
      After 26 PL matches last season we had 38 points (W11 D5 L10  GD+3).
      After today we have 39. (W10 D9 L7  GD+5)
      Our league position remains the same (7th).

A great deal of soul-searching needs to be done.

We need mystic Meg to explain how in the name of God we haven't scored 10 to 15 more goals.
      Wonder how many chances we've created compared with last season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2: Mar 03, 2012 04:33:28 pm
      We need mystic Meg to explain how in the name of God we haven't scored 10 to 15 more goals.
      Wonder how many chances we've created compared with last season.
      Maybe we should be honest enough not to make excuses and just look at the facts i.e points and goals scored everything else is just bollocks.
      We shouldn't make excuses for a Liverpool team.
      Defense,good,midfield,iffy and attack impotent...its hard to  see past this,if we start analysing post and cross bar hits,corners etc it will not get us anymore points.
      Why oh why do we play 4-5-1 at home lovely football then not enough bodies in the box.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3: Mar 03, 2012 04:35:35 pm
      just basically pissed off because if we had a similar partnership to when Torres and Gerrard were at their best we would be closer to winning the league not trying to get 4th so why did we not take the chance to buy another striker either in the summer or in January??.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #4: Mar 03, 2012 04:37:11 pm
      We're also a trophy better off and guaranteed European football before March better off.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5: Mar 03, 2012 04:39:25 pm
      So why did we not take the chance to buy another striker either in the summer or in January??.

Facts and Statistics   cos all the rest is bollocks.

9 players in and 1 point better...

and some of that season was Woy.
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2012 04:58:22 pm by eurored »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #6: Mar 03, 2012 04:41:23 pm
      Well I'm even more depressed now I've read this thread.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #7: Mar 03, 2012 04:41:30 pm
      just basically pissed off because if we had a similar partnership to when Torres and Gerrard were at their best

You mean when we played 4-5-1? ;)

Why oh why do we play 4-5-1 at home lovely football then not enough bodies in the box.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #8: Mar 03, 2012 04:43:12 pm
      We're also a trophy better off and guaranteed European football before March better off.
      It is great that we won have won a cup and everything that comes with it but the League is the only real test of improvement 
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #9: Mar 03, 2012 04:43:49 pm
      It is great that we won have won a cup and everything that comes with it but the League is the only real test of improvement 

Liverpool Football Club exist to win trophies.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #10: Mar 03, 2012 04:48:46 pm
      I don't care what the numbers say. By my eye test this season has been FAR better than the last. If you can't see that then that's a shame.

Rome wasn't built in a day. And there has been major improvement.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #11: Mar 03, 2012 05:04:20 pm
      Liverpool Football Club exist to win trophies.
      Are you saying winning the league cup is enough ?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #12: Mar 03, 2012 05:06:50 pm
      Are you saying winning the league cup is enough ?

I'm saying it's better than last year when we were humiliated at home to Northampton. I'm also saying winning the League Cup will give me more satisfaction than any fourth place finish.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #13: Mar 03, 2012 05:11:42 pm
      We are in contention of pulling of a cup double for me that surpasses a fourth place finish in the league as it does for Steven Gerrard and most professional footballers, winning cups is what matters, the more cups we win the stronger will be in the league, at the moment we are stronger in cup competitions so lets focus on the success in them rather than our poor league run.

I personally would rather win the league cup and be in contention for the F.A cup and finish 6th than win nothing and come forth.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #14: Mar 03, 2012 05:13:19 pm
      Can't be arsed with whopper topics like this.

We're a first major trophy in 6 years better off, another 90 minutes away from Wembley better off, the only team to be guarenteed European football better off and playing better football than Project Owl could ever of desired in his wildest wet dreams better off.

After the disasterous 2 years this football club has had to endure, our main priority at the moment should be progress. Its been far from plain sailing, we havent had an unstoppable rise back to the top and we're far from the finished article.

But if you can't identify (Or simply choose to ignore) the progress this football club has made in the past 12 months, on and off the pitch, then you need a f**king trip to Specsavers.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #15: Mar 03, 2012 05:13:21 pm
      Really frustrating I know. Bloody hell, Stoke and even Woy's WBA are 3 points behind us
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #16: Mar 03, 2012 05:16:19 pm
      I'm saying it's better than last year when we were humiliated at home to Northampton. I'm also saying winning the League Cup will give me more satisfaction than any fourth place finish.
      That is a good honest answer, while I understand how good it was to win the league cup finishing in the top four is far more important IMO

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #17: Mar 03, 2012 05:23:25 pm
      That is a good honest answer, while I understand how good it was to win the league cup finishing in the top four is far more important IMO

Well that shows where we disagree. A trophy will always be more important for me than anything other than first in the League.
      Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Reply #18: Mar 03, 2012 05:25:56 pm
      Can't be arsed with whopper topics like this.

We're a first major trophy in 6 years better off, another 90 minutes away from Wembley better off, the only team to be guarenteed European football better off and playing better football than Project Owl could ever of desired in his wildest wet dreams better off.

After the disasterous 2 years this football club has had to endure, our main priority at the moment should be progress. Its been far from plain sailing, we havent had an unstoppable rise back to the top and we're far from the finished article.

But if you can't identify the progress this football club has made (Or simply choose to ignore) in the past 12 months, on and off the pitch, then you need a f**king trip to Specsavers.

Spot on post.

Despite today being our first defeat at home in the league, out home form hasn't been good enough with too many draws and not enough wins.

Liverpool under Roy was in danger of becoming a regular mid table side with no hope of challenging for anything.

Liverpool under Kenny are just short of top 5 form this season (last season under him we had top 4 form), a trophy in the cabinet and a good chance in the FA Cup.

We all want to see Liverpool back to where we were between 2004 and 2009. The long term goal is to get Liverpool back to where we were in the 80s but we were that low before Kenny came in that it's going to take time.

I am a frustrated with our league form but we have had some great times under Kenny in his first year and to say we haven't made progress is wrong and unfair IMO.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #19: Mar 03, 2012 05:31:45 pm
      Performance in the league is an indicator where we are going and so far we have being woeful in the league this season
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #20: Mar 03, 2012 05:31:47 pm
      Well that shows where we disagree. A trophy will always be more important for me than anything other than first in the League.
      Quite honestly for myself I am not sure which I would take (a cup or forth) but for Liverpool FC finishing forth brings more to the table than winning a cup
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #21: Mar 03, 2012 05:35:10 pm
      Quite honestly for myself I am not sure which I would take (a cup or forth) but for Liverpool FC finishing forth brings more to the table than winning a cup

Winning a trophy brings a winning mentality. Brings European football (guaranteed). Brings prize money. Brings success.

Coming fourth brings a Champions League qualifier which you could lose and end up in the Europa League anyway. Brings more prize money for a higher finish.

I wouldn't say it brings a great deal more to the table and for Liverpool Football Club fourth brings nothing to celebrate.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #22: Mar 03, 2012 05:43:11 pm
      Performance in the league is an indicator where we are going and so far we have being woeful in the league this season

I wouldn't say we have been woeful. I think there is only really 2 games where we have truly deserved to lose and that was the slaughterings by Spurs and Bolton.

All the build up play is there but we just aren't taking our chances and that's what's costing us. Yes we have been unlucky with the woodwork but unfortunately we can't blame it solely on that.

The only place i'd say we have been woeful is in front of goal.

Quick Reply