Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Glen Johnson: Evra made it clear he didn't REALLY want to shake Suarez's hand R

Read 12905 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Glen Johnson: Evra made it clear he didn't REALLY want to shake Suarez's hand R
      Reply #46: Mar 08, 2012 11:30:28 am
      The Dark Arts of the worst knighthood ever given.
      SAF
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Glen Johnson: Evra made it clear he didn't REALLY want to shake Suarez's hand R
      Reply #47: Mar 08, 2012 12:04:52 pm
      And BTW I DON'T want to "move on" at all, I'm still f*cking raging about the whole carve up every time I think about it. 
      +1
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #48: Mar 08, 2012 01:18:03 pm
      Excellent Glen, well said.
      Jmase77
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 401 posts |
      Reply #49: Mar 08, 2012 01:24:21 pm
      Even tho sUarez said sorry this whole crap between him and Evra is far from over when we face them next season the media will re-ignite it all over again. The media in this country are nothing more than sh*t stirrers they love to see this type of thing happening
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #50: Mar 08, 2012 01:26:27 pm
      Find it a bit much Keith that you're telling us to move on once fingers are pointed at one of your players.

Well said Glen.
      Glad to see the media giving it time and ink.
      Solid post mate - +
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #51: Mar 08, 2012 01:37:19 pm
      As long as new thread keep starting up i agree the sh!t will continue to hit the fan. That's why it needs to be moved into one of the relevent thread,...(( god we have enough of them  :-\ ))...

I started a thread up the other week about the first member to recieve 1000 positives. If that's not worthy of a thread of its own nothing is. However, a mod argued we already have a thread titled members milestones.  :roll: Can you see where i'm coming from? Is it one rule :roll: for one and another rule for another?

Consistency is something that is lacking on some occasions. Its of my opinion this is one of them.
      Whether new threads are started is irrelevant. The whole concept of the deceitful, lying c**t that is Evra and the fact that Ferguson and man u supported him as did the FA is manifestly morally wrong.
      The truth will prevail as it does and in the event the parties mentioned will be branded liars and hypocrites (a fact already accepted in general anyway).
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #52: Mar 08, 2012 01:43:05 pm
      It is good to hear another view point from other posters like Keith.
      You can go to Redcafe for that .
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #53: Mar 08, 2012 01:44:52 pm
      That's one of the best interviews by a Liverpool player in recent memory.

Fantastic stuff Glen, represented Liverpool Football Club very well there.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #54: Mar 08, 2012 01:46:30 pm
      Can only agree with the sentiment that it was a great interview from Glen Johnson, but in a way I agree with Keith's sentiment that we draw a line under it and move on. (for different reasons to Keith probably).

The club appear to have done so and Suarez appears to have done so, its not Johnsons fault obviously as he was being interviewed and was only responding to the questions asked and conducted himself in a manner befitting Liverpool FC in his responses.

I just can't help but think now that all the furore surrounding the incident has all died down, it should be left alone rather than bringing it into the public domain every couple of months or so. Suarez has rightly or wrongly (delete as you see applicable) served his punishment for this incident and every time its discussed in the public domain it again becomes a trial by media for Luis, which is not helping him or the club.

No Daz, your reason are no different from mine. The sooner people stop posting about it the sooner we can forget the whole sad affair.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #55: Mar 08, 2012 01:50:32 pm
       I don't want to "forget" f*ck all. Infact I'll never forget how the FA and the media turned on us. I know the Mancs would like to "forget" stuff, they always do. Like if they win the title by a point they'll want to "forget" the fact that they got four f*cking penalties in two matches earlier this season (two of them in an AWAY match at Chelsea, when was the last time anyone got TWO penalties at Old Trafford?). They'll no doubt want us to forget the fact that the same ref who gave them two penalties at Chelsea, gave them a penalty that was 100 miles away from being one after 60 seconds of our FA Cup tie at Old Trafford in Kenny's first game in charge.

I won't forget it, I was f*cking there. I'LL decide when I want to forget stuff ta. 
      LFCexiled
      Reply #56: Mar 08, 2012 01:58:28 pm
      The sooner people stop posting about it the sooner we can forget the whole sad affair.

Well F**k off then.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #57: Mar 08, 2012 01:59:50 pm
      Why is it only getting mentioned now. Why not the week after the game, oh yeah cos Ferguson would of roasted the journo's nuts!!

Nice to see Keith acting like a typical shithouse manc, "It's all done with forget about it, nothing to see hear"

We know Evra is still one lying F***ing shithouse and if you think you know scousers, remember this hasn't been forgotten.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #58: Mar 08, 2012 02:01:11 pm
      No Daz, your reason are no different from mine. The sooner people stop posting about it the sooner we can forget the whole sad affair.
      In spite of you being on an LFC forum Keith you are expressing the sentiments that Ferguson and your fellow manUre supporters are erroneously spewing out regarding Luis Suarez.
      In the past I have avoided any adverse comments in the direction of yourself because you maybe express a tenuous opinion that could have conceivably been made by an LFC supporter, not so in this case and it does appear you are digging a hole for yourself mate. 
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #59: Mar 08, 2012 02:06:35 pm
      Sad alright Keith.
      Sad that a lenghty ban was handed out on the basis of one word against the other.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #60: Mar 08, 2012 02:12:41 pm
      In spite of you being on an LFC forum Keith you are expressing the sentiments that Ferguson and your fellow manUre supporters are erroneously spewing out regarding Luis Suarez.
      In the past I have avoided any adverse comments in the direction of yourself because you maybe express a tenuous opinion that could have conceivably been made by an LFC supporter, not so in this case and it does appear you are digging a hole for yourself mate. 

No holes mate, i just want it to go away for the sake of football. Its my last post on this thread.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #61: Mar 08, 2012 02:19:42 pm

The first of many with any luck.

I've just had a look on my news feed and one site is already running with the headline "LIVERPOOL REIGNITE SUAREZ ROW".

Makes me sick.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #62: Mar 08, 2012 02:21:40 pm
      No holes mate, i just want it to go away for the sake of football. Its my last post on this thread.

A lot of Mancs seem to want to let it go, almost as if they are not convinced themselves of his version of events and don't want to think about it any longer.

On here however, we remain squarely behind Luis - so I reckon this won't be the last thread on the matter.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #63: Mar 08, 2012 02:22:27 pm
      Not another thread.   :roll: We ALL! really need to move on now. What's done is done. We can't change thing so for the good of football lets just get on with it. Its history now.

If we don't learn from history we are doomed to repeat it. In this case learning means understanding the situation from people that were there.

Don't think it's been appointed to you to tell anyone to move on, especially being a Manc on an LFC forum. If you are so serious about moving on then why so many posts on the topic? Move on yourself and don't worry about what we have to say on the subject...it shouldn't have any bearing on you anyway.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #64: Mar 08, 2012 02:57:36 pm
      Great stuff from Glen, he came across very well in what was a candid interview.

I hope everyone including the media can move on from it now, but I cannot help but think the media aren't finished with the Suarez story yet which is a shame.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #65: Mar 08, 2012 03:38:28 pm
      You go Glen!
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #66: Mar 08, 2012 04:03:19 pm
      Well done Glen Johnson. I, like some others, just want this to disappear, but I can't fault Glen for saying his piece. Whoever said it earlier in the thread is right: if he had said something to the tune of "I just want to draw a line under the situation and move on," the media and the morons (one in the same) would have had a F***ing field day.

The whole situation infuriates me, but it's one of those where I felt resistance was futile (that's for you, Rodders), and it was better for the long term to just let this one pass, cut the losses and move on. I still just want it to go away, as Suarez doesn't deserve it, but I'm happy Johnno is backing him so fervently.

F**k off FA.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #67: Mar 08, 2012 04:20:11 pm
      On twitter I see people are claiming the club is angry with Glen for bringing it back up again.

How does that work by the way? The journalist rings the club up and says "Are you happy with Glen?" and the club spokesman says "no."?

finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #68: Mar 08, 2012 04:26:05 pm
      Great that he's said this but I wish he'd said it at the time of the non-handshake.

Quick Reply