Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Glen Johnson: Evra made it clear he didn't REALLY want to shake Suarez's hand R

Read 12761 times
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: Glen Johnson: Evra made it clear he didn't REALLY want to shake Suarez's hand R
      Reply #92: Mar 09, 2012 12:09:39 am
      Move on and stop letting it eat away at you. There's more to life than this you know.

Easy for you to say but one of our beloved players has had his name and life torn apart by many in England. He's likely to never recover that and to be honest, Liverpool are having to work to keep him because who the F**k wants to leave their house only to be called a racist, WHEN IT ISN'T TRUE?

You can move on, no one is stopping that mate. But we're not ready to move on. Mancs want to move on because they've felt they got 'one up' on Liverpool. They haven't. It's just another F***ing reason why we F***ing hate your sh*t club.

Now if you want to move on. GO ON!
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Re: Glen Johnson: Evra made it clear he didn't REALLY want to shake Suarez's hand R
      Reply #93: Mar 09, 2012 12:48:18 am
      Seen this on facebook have seen the original statement ???

True Kopites We Are The Reds
      Liverpool unlikely to punish Glen Johnson over Patrice Evra comments
      • Johnson went against club advice over Luis Suárez issue
      • Liverpool regard Johnson's remarks as personal opinion
      Liverpool are not expected to take action against Glen Johnson despite the defender going against club advice not to comment publicly on the Luis Suárez affair by accusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra of manufacturing the handshake incident at Old Trafford that inflamed the race row between the two players.
      Johnson claimed Evra "stayed up all night" concocting a plan to get Suárez into trouble by lowering his hand by his side during the pre-match ritual.
      Kenny Dalglish, Liverpool's manager, said: "We won't be saying anything." The club regard Johnson's comments as a personal opinion.
      The Liverpool manager also dismissed the latest link between Suárez and Paris Saint-Germain, following a report in L'Equipe that the striker topped their wanted list for the summer. He said: "Nobody has spoken to us but it wouldn't make any difference if they did. If they reversed the charges, the phone call would not get taken."
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #94: Mar 09, 2012 01:01:15 am
      I just think it was childish petulance, pulling a girls pig tails when you weer young, it didn't mean you're referring to her hair colour. 

Yep, that's what I was thinking as well.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #95: Mar 09, 2012 02:25:12 am
      I salute you Glen, thank you for shedding a light on something that most people had no idea about, whether it makes a difference or not doesn't matter, at least you had the guts to point it out and stand up for your teammate.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #96: Mar 09, 2012 02:25:32 am
      ;D at "Liverpool unlikely to punish Johnson". in other news guys Liverpool are unlikely to wear their home strip at Sunderland.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #97: Mar 09, 2012 03:13:25 am
      No holes mate, i just want it to go away for the sake of football. Its my last post on this thread.

Typical Manc when the truth and the other side of the story is heard you want it to dissapera.

Cowards.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #98: Mar 09, 2012 09:52:49 am
      Seen this on facebook have seen the original statement ???

True Kopites We Are The Reds
      Liverpool unlikely to punish Glen Johnson over Patrice Evra comments
      • Johnson went against club advice over Luis Suárez issue
      • Liverpool regard Johnson's remarks as personal opinion
      Liverpool are not expected to take any action against Glen Hoddle despite the defender going against club advice not to comment publicly on the Luis Suárez affair by accusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra of manufacturing the handshake incident at Old Trafford that inflamed the race row between the two players.
      Johnson claimed Evra "stayed up all night" concocting a plan to get Suárez into trouble by lowering his hand by his side during the pre-match ritual.
      Kenny Dalglish, Liverpool's manager, said: "We won't be saying anything." The club regard Johnson's comments as a personal opinion.

Why shouldn't Glen make a comment? Every other Tom, Dick and Fergie has and put their own spin on this saga with a vested interest in mind.
      He is making an honest statement of ethnic interpretation that has been fashioned and distorted beyond recognition. Not foregoing the fact that the man himself has no doubt had to deal with the evils of racial disharmony himself, unlike Ferguson and the FA el al.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #99: Mar 09, 2012 10:49:01 am
      FFS. If the club took action against Glen then we might as well jack the whole F***ing thing in. Good for Glen to stand up and say what he thinks, being called and Uncle Tom is as bad as it gets and is a disgrace as was Adrian Durham on talkshite for his goading of Glen on twitter for saying he should man up and say why he backed Luis. As for the pinch the FA had to tell Evra that Suarez did it because he didn't feel it so why so much was made of it god only knows.
      Semple
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #100: Mar 09, 2012 11:34:33 am
      Not another thread.   :roll: We ALL! really need to move on now. What's done is done. We can't change thing so for the good of football lets just get on with it. Its history now.

Yeah
      Mate, although I posted the thread, I completely agree with moving on. I just admired what Johno had to say, wasn't trying to instigate another Suarez discussion.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #101: Mar 09, 2012 11:54:22 am
      Glen was asked questions, he didn't start the topic.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #102: Mar 09, 2012 12:24:05 pm
      Glen was asked questions, he didn't start the topic.

Unreal how some people are just ignoring the part where the reporter quite clearly states this.

Think we've got some journos on here.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #103: Mar 09, 2012 01:16:53 pm
      it does appear you are digging a hole for yourself mate. 
      Well your man didn't appreciate the excavation warnings and Kenny has had a word.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #104: Mar 09, 2012 01:37:36 pm
      I thought he was pinching Evra in response to Evra saying "don't touch me". Just a pity Luis didn't do a Vinny Jones and rip his balls off instead.

That's what I automatically assumed on the pinching thing mate.

Well your man didn't appreciate the excavation warnings and Kenny has had a word.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

He must have conviently forgot some of the other stuff we've let him off with as an opposing fan. Like when he called Cas a "scummy scouser".

Anyway, my reaction when this broke yesterday was that of surprise. I thoguht even though we won't forget about what's happened, we wouldn't see much more talk about it in the media.

From a club point of view, let's be honest, it was a PR nightmare to see this surface yesterday. But from a just point of view, it needs to be pointed out that things haven't been fair all the way through this whole saga. And as long as true justice isn't carried out or acknowledged, like stuey rightly says, the sh*t will indeed keep hitting the fan.
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #105: Mar 09, 2012 06:19:48 pm
      Well said Glen.Pity more wasnt said at the time in regards to Evra's behaviour especially after the match.What a ballbag.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #106: Mar 09, 2012 06:24:42 pm
      Yeah
      Mate, although I posted the thread, I completely agree with moving on. I just admired what Johno had to say, wasn't trying to instigate another Suarez discussion.

Worth it all just to remind ourselves what a scummy little c*nt Evra still is.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #107: Mar 09, 2012 07:19:42 pm
      Paul McGrath today

McGrath had previously criticised the England international for his decision to wear a t-shirt backing his Uruguayan team-mate during the aftermath of a spat with Patrice Evra.

However, the Liverpool full-back hit out at the ex-Republic of Ireland man this week, insisting that he had singled him out because he was black.

Johnson told The Daily Mail: "The McGrath thing, that’s actually racist. Saying what he said is racist.

"He is only saying that to me because I was the only black lad wearing the t-shirt. He’s targeting me because of my colour."

And now McGrath has warned the former Portsmouth man against reigniting the row which saw Liverpool widely condemned by observers.

"It’s sad someone is having a pop at me," McGrath said.

"I thought supporting a player - Evra - with the same colour skin might not be such a bad idea for Johnson. When he is 52 and not as popular as he is now, he might think differently.

"Liverpool got hammered in round one and, if Glen is starting round two, I think it’s a mistake.

"With Liverpool just winning a trophy, I’d imagine Kenny Dalglish would prefer to put all this to bed."

Idiotic.

Surely a hint of racism there
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #108: Mar 09, 2012 07:40:10 pm
      Paul McGrath today

McGrath had previously criticised the England international for his decision to wear a t-shirt backing his Uruguayan team-mate during the aftermath of a spat with Patrice Evra.

However, the Liverpool full-back hit out at the ex-Republic of Ireland man this week, insisting that he had singled him out because he was black.

Johnson told The Daily Mail: "The McGrath thing, that’s actually racist. Saying what he said is racist.

"He is only saying that to me because I was the only black lad wearing the t-shirt. He’s targeting me because of my colour."

And now McGrath has warned the former Portsmouth man against reigniting the row which saw Liverpool widely condemned by observers.

"I thought supporting a player - Evra - with the same colour skin might not be such a bad idea for Johnson. When he is 52 and not as popular as he is now, he might think differently.

"Liverpool got hammered in round one and, if Glen is starting round two, I think it’s a mistake.

"With Liverpool just winning a trophy, I’d imagine Kenny Dalglish would prefer to put all this to bed."

Idiotic.

What a w**ker!

Johnson should agree with/believe Evra in this case, because they're both black?

The mind boggles.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #109: Mar 09, 2012 07:43:05 pm
      What a w**ker!

Johnson should agree with/believe Evra in this case, because they're both black?

The mind boggles.

I adored McGrath a God of Irish players a gem. Hes fallen big style in my estimation
      kennystaff
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts |
      Reply #110: Mar 09, 2012 07:46:12 pm
      Think Paul Mcgrath has been drinking the toilet duck again. I've always admired the man as I rate him the best defender ever to play for our country, but Jesus Christ. Saying someone should think a certain thing because of their skin colour? What ever happened to free thought Paul? He thinks his opinion is important just because he's black! That might sound racist but it's the truth. No reason for him to get involved in the first place. Johnson 100% right in all his comments.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #111: Mar 09, 2012 07:50:24 pm
      You must not forget that McGrarth, is an ex manc, so he's bound to stick up for that lying French ****!
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #112: Mar 09, 2012 07:51:36 pm
      Paul McGrath today

Idiotic.

Don't agree with who you think is right, for heavens sake. Agree with them that are of the same colour.

What a pathetic and primitive mindset.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #113: Mar 09, 2012 07:55:39 pm
       In his response, McGrath comprehensively dismisses himself in terms of relevence. Laughable really, this is why the Manc fella wants us to move on. The more you look at it, the worse it gets.
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #114: Mar 09, 2012 09:30:23 pm
      In his response, McGrath comprehensively dismisses himself in terms of relevence. Laughable really, this is why the Manc fella wants us to move on. The more you look at it, the worse it gets.

I kinda agree that everyone should move on (not for the good of football though), but only because no good will come from bringing this back up.  I personally think the good of football argument is complete BS. Nothing will/has changed.  Liverpool fans and Suarez will still feel done in by.  Mancs will still think Evra is an angel in this situation and Suarez is the devil.  Suarez will forever be a cheat and a racist no matter if the truth states otherwise.  The FA could have ruled in his favor and that would still be the case. The media will spin the story to sell the most papers and so on.

I'm not saying you don't have a right, or even shouldn't continue to fight the fight.  I just don't think its ever going to amount to much and if by chance it did it will likely be to late for effected party to clear their names.

Quick Reply