Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Sunderland 1 - 0 Liverpool - Post Match Disappointment

Read 52375 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Sunderland 1 - 0 Liverpool - Post Match Disappointment
      Reply #667: Mar 10, 2012 07:50:14 pm
      Dont worry MsGerrard we will wont perform this bad against Everton after the bollocking KK gives them

I sincerely hope your right Jmase, after the bitters have beaten Spurs tonight, they are on our tails now, if the lads can't get themselves up for the 'Derby' on Tuesday then I really will be worried.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #668: Mar 10, 2012 07:50:37 pm
      I've got myself involved a little more than I like after a defeat.

I want Kenny to succeed so much its untrue.

I am not FSG. I have more love for Dalglish and Liverpool than any of FSG will ever have so I would love to give Kenny another Summer of spending their money and then see how its going next Christmas.

Flip side is FSG don't love Kenny or the club half as much as I do and its their money that is getting spent. All that I am saying is, is that if I was in their shoes this Summer and we had finished way off 4th I would be looking at last years big money signings and be thinking twice.

Sh*t. Get beat by the sh*te on Tuesday they go above us.

I know that lad, you are level headed in these results like i like to think i am but all im saying is you cant have half measures.. If FSG dont trust Kenny to spend this summer then they dont trust him at all, if they want him to carry on next season which i hope they do then they have to back him with whatever funds they have aside regardless..

Its ok for these (dicks in my opinion) to call for the managers head but sack the manager and the director of football who is scouting these players is still in place what difference does it make? In terms of the new manager bringing players in?

We need to back the manager and give him whatever funds that are put aside this summer to him, we will get nowhere by adopting a Chelsea outlook to managers.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #669: Mar 10, 2012 07:54:12 pm
      I just have no words still. That was ridiculous.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #670: Mar 10, 2012 07:55:30 pm
      That was the worst I've seen us play in a long time, passionless and clueless. Nobody was good, but Adam and Henderson in particular plumbed new depths of awfulness. We looked a beaten team long before the end, and I do think questioning the manager is legitimate. I would have done it if Benitez or Hodgson were in charge, so it seems only reasonable to do it while it's Kenny.

That's not to say I would change the manager obviously, I believe kenny deserves at least 3 years to find his feet (and we did a trophy, our first one for six seasons a couple of weeks back lets not forget), but that was a mile away from being good enough. As for players and signings, Adam and Henderson in particular were unnacceptably bad to my mind. Debates on whether or not they are good players/good signings etc etc are by the by when they turn in performances like that. The most shameful aspect of both players "efforts" for me was  that neither bust a gut to turn a dreadful performance into an average one. Coates I thought did OK and might make a centre half, Suarez was a shadow of what he is like at his best (although it isn't easy when you are asked to do everything by yourself). Bellamy was anonymous, Carroll when he came on clumsy, and Downing infuriatingly sh!t. Dirk was Dirk, and as we know when he's bad he's bad, but he's always been like that. Spearing kind of stuck to his task but did nothing, the two fullbacks were alright and Skrtel was solid enough. Oh, and I thought Pepe should have saved the goal before it hit the post.

Ultimately, we can argue till the cows come home about potential, and about whether or not the players we've got represent value for money. What is absolutely beyond any dispute whatsoever though is that they didn't today, not by a country mile. Too many performances like that, and not only will they be on the move before too long, my guess is the more reactionary of our fans will be pressing for the manager to be joining them. Mistakenly in my view, but I do undrestand peoples frustration when they watch performances like that.

There is a difference between questioning the team and manager on a performance than calling for his head which i feel some are doing even if they try to hide it.

Today and lets face it wasnt good enough and we have to improve, i dont think the formation is working for us and some of the personel, lets hope Kenny sees this as well.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #671: Mar 10, 2012 07:58:28 pm
      mascherano and Alonso or Hendo and Adam answers on a postcard. We havent moved on have we and our midfield 4 just dont seem to be good enough and our home form would suggest this to.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6948 
      Reply #672: Mar 10, 2012 07:59:04 pm
      Can't believe how quickly our season has unfolded in the past 10 games or so.

From chasing 4th to now holding off the chasing pack for 7th.

We knew in November and December that we lacked a goalscorer.  Did nothing about it in January which was an enormous mistake and we are now paying the price.  We simply haven't picked up enough points in the games we played well.

Now - we have only had a handful of shocking performances (Spurs A, Swansea H, Bolton and Sunderland A) - but we have had way more shocking results.

A decent goalscorer would have made an enormous difference.  I don't know who was responsible for us not getting another striker (manager/director of football or the purse strings) - but whoever it was fu**ed up.  I don't know of any other top team who has only two strikers at a club (and one of them is arguably not a striker but more a forward).
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #673: Mar 10, 2012 08:01:20 pm
      mascherano and Alonso or Hendo and Adam answers on a postcard. We havent moved on have we and our midfield 4 just dont seem to be good enough and our home form would suggest this to.

Add Aquilani and miereles too, they could have chipped in with the goals too.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #674: Mar 10, 2012 08:01:30 pm
       :f_wah:  :mad:
      i rather play the kids then watch these overpaid sh1ts bring back silver from Northampton Town put him in the deep end i'm sure he would do better than Henderson and Downing :f_steam:

RevillAll
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #675: Mar 10, 2012 08:03:28 pm
      We were absolute sh*te today. Wrong team selection from the off.
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | 28 
      Reply #676: Mar 10, 2012 08:42:13 pm
      Our lack of quality and urgency today was shocking.  We looked half-interested only after they scored, and even then the lack of productivity was frightening.  Big problems.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #677: Mar 10, 2012 08:43:05 pm
      Even Carroll just tweeted there we lacked urgency
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #678: Mar 10, 2012 08:46:35 pm

We knew in November and December that we lacked a goalscorer.  Did nothing about it in January which was an enormous mistake and we are now paying the price.  We simply haven't picked up enough points in the games we played well.

Now - we have only had a handful of shocking performances (Spurs A, Swansea H, Bolton and Sunderland A) - but we have had way more shocking results.

A decent goalscorer would have made an enormous difference.  I don't know who was responsible for us not getting another striker (manager/director of football or the purse strings) - but whoever it was fu**ed up.  I don't know of any other top team who has only two strikers at a club (and one of them is arguably not a striker but more a forward).

This was always going to happen if not addressed in January. January was when we were to address what was missing in these 'nearly' games.

Instead of the squad getting freshened up it has gone staler and I wasn't confident today and I'm not confident of Tuesday now.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #679: Mar 10, 2012 08:47:30 pm

This was the point I was making. Is everyone sure Kenny has got the squad he wanted?. How much has Comoli contributed and why oh why did we not buy a forward in Jan as the one thing everyone agreed with was we are way short of goals in this team.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #680: Mar 10, 2012 08:50:41 pm
      Such a disappointing performance today! Lack of belief, creativity, heart and in alot of cases TALENT! Simply not good enough at all from players or manager! This is liverpool ffs! Players have to lift their game or move on....

Andy Carroll for me has to improve before the summer and if not must be sold, he is at best a squad player. Even as a squad player he is not a game changer so in essence and by virtue of the fact he will never be a great squad player as he has no impact on games. 460mins per goal in the PL? Holy lord...1 on 1 with O'Shea and his class showed when he tried to turn back away from goal and then loses it...

Henderson, I dont see why people think he will be a great player in the future? Im not seeing any stats or outstanding talent for that matter to suggest he will be as good as Gerrard. Hes 21 now and not a scratch on Ramsey or Wilshere who I rate to be future stars!

Adam, too hit and miss but would keep as a squad player....

Bellamy, had a bad day at the office but we know what we can get from him.

Suarez, as much of a threat he is, his goal to game ration is pretty shockin @ 3.66 games per goal and unfortunately he isn't delivering on assists either @ 7.3 games per assist.  Wouldnt like to see him being sold but lets be honest 3.66 games aint going to win a league for any team! Needs to improve and perhaps (making excuses for him here) if he didnt have to come so deep to get the ball he would get on the scoresheet a bit more!

Kelly, F**k me has he been brutal the last couple of games.... Heavy footed and watched Bentner pass him out after the spill! Terrible going forward too... squad player yes but needs to up his game also.

Coates, not seen enough of him but nothing suggesting he will set the league on fire but Il take what I can get and "doesnt upset" is a plus at the minute...

Gerrard, aint won a game he started this season? Holy lord! Playing way too deep for me! Not bein effective enough and KK will need to change this... try him back in the hole and see if we can re-inact the torres gerrard combo with suarez! Needs to show more heart for me! He should be dishing out bollockings throughout the 90 with the caliber we are playing to!

Skrtel, done too much of the carra hoof ball today but has been so solid beside Agger, who is clearly missed, that you cant complain too much.

Enrique, solid but as a LB still offering way too little in so far as goals and assists BUT definitely not our worse player..

Kuyt, super sub not a starting 11 player for me, club owes him alot so Id like to see right done by him but needs to up his game too...

Spearing, not a shade of Lucas but has heart so again a squad player or send on loan and see if he can mature into something better!

Downing, oh dear downing you are my biggest dissapointment, was so chuffed with the signing but aint delivering either... Assists... shockin... 1 goal? Eggshells also...

Kenny... not overly happy with the performance of the team but im a firm believer that the players are responsible for their own performance when they are on the pitch, there is no chance in hell that KK tells them to go out and lack belief, play to half your talent and be blind stupid infront of goal... that said his subs and teamsheets have not instilled confidence HOWEVER I believe the man is a winner and will come good...

100% Improvement reqd from everyone and it needs to be maintained week in week out! THIS IS LIVERPOOL should be tattoo'd into their foreheads for when they forget who they are playing for... which they clearly are...

Rant over!

Not knee jerking just PISSED OFF with under performance!

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #681: Mar 10, 2012 08:52:34 pm
      Watching Osman and Coleman here, they were among Evertons best players today, our reserves pissed all over them midweek, time to start giving them reserves a chance
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #682: Mar 10, 2012 09:02:03 pm

This is where the club has let the fans down. Serious clubs who are determined to reach their goals act in the market when it is blindingly obvious they need to act. I keep repeating his name in posts, but Klaas Jan Huntelaar suits the profile of striker we are desperate for. He also played with Luis  Suarez at Ajax. We are a much bigger club than Schalke and could have got him in January if we were serious about 4th.

Carroll, Henderson, Downing and Adam for £80m (plus their combined wages) or Cristiano Ronaldo? Did Real Madrid or Liverpool spend their money more wisely?

We need to start spending our kitty on world class players and not "let's hope they'll turn out good" quantity players.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #683: Mar 10, 2012 09:03:34 pm
      looking at the spending league we have spent well over the past 20 years but we have sold mor eplayers than any other team what does thay say we buy poorly then get shut. Keane is a typical example.
      So if we decide to ditch players too soon then todays result will just be repeated time and time again.We have bought to many avg players instead of fewer but better quality players.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #684: Mar 10, 2012 09:04:39 pm
      looking at the spending league we have spent well over the past 20 years but we have sold mor eplayers than any other team what does thay say we buy poorly then get shut. Keane is a typical example.
      So if we decide to ditch players too soon then todays result will just be repeated time and time again.We have bought to many avg players instead of fewer but better quality players.

Agree mate to many times we have bought squad players
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #685: Mar 10, 2012 09:06:58 pm
      Agree mate to many times we have bought squad players

And today I heard we are now linked with Dempsey... will we never learn? Lazy scouting... sad fact is that the worse we get the worse the players we can attract!
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #686: Mar 10, 2012 09:08:27 pm
      Bring in some young guys shelvey,sterling suso. they must be able to offer more than the overated players we have now. 
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #687: Mar 10, 2012 09:11:12 pm
      Dempsey is another one of the Premiership proven brigade. I was talking last Summer saying if we wanted to sign cheap players we should have being looking at players like Adrian he was available for 7.5 million, would have done a job as a third striker, he has being a revelation with A Madrid this season.

The value is not in England, hope we have learned our lesson this year.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #688: Mar 10, 2012 09:16:10 pm
      Dempsey is another one of the Premiership proven brigade. I was talking last Summer saying if we wanted to sign cheap players we should have being looking at players like Adrian he was available for 7.5 million, would have done a job as a third striker, he has being a revelation with A Madrid this season.

The value is not in England, hope we have learned our lesson this year.

Agree with the signings we should have made but not with Dempsey a proven brigade... hes playing out of his skin and still only contributed 12 goals.. and less in previous seasons... thats a mid table striker and not a liverpool player! Anyways not to get sidetracked... new signings must be better!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #689: Mar 10, 2012 09:17:25 pm
      I know my targets are high but Dempsey is an extremely poor mans Muniain. I thinnk a club of our size if we want to compete should be targeting players like him

Quick Reply