Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Sunderland 1 - 0 Liverpool - Post Match Disappointment

Read 52778 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,622 posts | 2159 
      Re: Sunderland 1 - 0 Liverpool - Post Match Disappointment
      Reply #644: Mar 10, 2012 06:34:29 pm
      As dissapointing as it is this should probably put any overly optimistic thoughts about 4th place to bed. I really would love to see us focus on the cup and take the chance to have  alittle look at a couple of youngsters in our remaining league games. Let's see if Stelring and Suso can have a bit of an impact at the back end of a few league games and see what they're mad eof.
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #645: Mar 10, 2012 06:38:09 pm
      As dissapointing as it is this should probably put any overly optimistic thoughts about 4th place to bed. I really would love to see us focus on the cup and take the chance to have  alittle look at a couple of youngsters in our remaining league games. Let's see if Stelring and Suso can have a bit of an impact at the back end of a few league games and see what they're mad eof.
      I'm with you on this, but I'm afraid we're not the kind of a club that would give a run-out to its young prospects when there's first teamers available (and sadly, that's exactly what the likes of Adam, Hendo, Downing and Carroll are seen as). The only way Robbo and Flanno got their chance last year was because of injuries.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Live Match Topic: Sunderland v Liverpool
      Reply #646: Mar 10, 2012 06:42:23 pm
      As long as the players we sign this summer push the British players we signed last summer to the bench, then we are grand. Last summer's signings was about the squad, this summer has to be about the first 11. We need three or four top class players to walk into our team for next year.
      Only Comolli has said that that isn't going to happen.
      neilo
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #647: Mar 10, 2012 06:43:13 pm
      As long as the players we sign this summer push the British players we signed last summer to the bench, then we are grand. Last summer's signings was about the squad, this summer has to be about the first 11. We need three or four top class players to walk into our team for next year.
      [/quote

Completely agree however if Comolli was being truthful we're not signing too much unfortunately :mad: :mad:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #648: Mar 10, 2012 06:43:27 pm

Agree with this.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #649: Mar 10, 2012 06:43:39 pm
      Bitterly dissapointed with the result but more so performance, from a starting 11 which I considered to be more than capable of dispatching Sunderland.

Gunna give the forum a miss for a few days while it calms down.

Tuesday night is massive.
      Redangel

• 8,381 posts | 1021 
      Reply #650: Mar 10, 2012 06:44:10 pm
      Today was a must win and Arsenal also was a must win.

Agree totally , but getting beat by Everton , who if they win tonight and beat us , will go above us , really is too horrible to contemplate.
      The players really have to step up to the mark or we are going to find ourselves finishing mid table , which is totally unacceptable given what we have spent.
      The owners won't put up with it , of that I am sure.
      Think we need to rethink our transfer policy.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #651: Mar 10, 2012 06:47:27 pm
      I'm glad I let myself cool down before coming on here. I had a nice long rant to my brother on the way home from the pub where we watched. Some highlights (lowlights?):

- First and foremost, what are we doing with Henderson? Honestly? What is the point? We might as well play with 10 men. I thought maybe, against his former club, he might show me something today. Some fight, some passion, some attempt to make a difference. But he was invisible. He made no effort to do anything. Really disappointing. If we bench Downing and Carroll for poor play, why has Hendo been allowed to wallow away with nothing positive to his play?

- On the subject of Hendo, did Maxi kill Kenny's dog or something? What does he have to do to see the field? No one gelled better with Suarez last season, and with Luis struggling to get back his form who better than Maxi to help him get there?

- I was really disappointed to see Carroll on the bench. Every game that we keep Suarez and Carroll apart is a missed opportunity for them to build a greater understanding with each other. Especially with Carroll's form on the up swing, I think it's imperative that we give these guys a chance to gel.

- I was also disappointed that Downing didn't start. Again, another case of a player seeming to find their form and then getting benched. If the team was chosen with an eye for the Merseyside Derby I could understand, but if that's the case why not start these players and just sub them out early to keep them fresh for Tuesday?

- All the personnel stuff is kind of moot when the team comes out so flat. Total lack of energy from start to finish. It was embarrassing really. If these players can't muster up the excitement to play in the first team, I say give Shelvey and some of the reserves a chance to show us what they've got.

- One positive I thought was the way Coates seemed to shake off his jitters and grow into the game. Very promising from him, even if he does look iffy sometimes.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #652: Mar 10, 2012 06:56:55 pm
      I think we should sell Adam, Gerrard, Bellamy,Kuyt,and Suarez, see how much money can be raised, then if thats not enough, chuck Pepe's name in alongside Johnson, we could then sign Ngog back from Bolton, Douif from Doncaster, get big Nev out of retirement, and i'm sure Ratboy will give us a spell at rb, maybe get Voronin back to partner David upfront and have Nicky Tanner run things in midfield, Kenny can retire disgracefully to the golf course and we can get the all conquering face rubber of the year in Woy back in to cuntinue his destruction of this soon to be mediocre club,

WARNING
      those of a positive outlook in life and in particular proper LFC fans are banned from reading any sort of negative propaganda either from Manure sponsored media or indeed the enemy within, as in our supposed loyal fans,

it is believed that those of negative mindset are particularly guilty of incubating feelings of doom and gloom and a overall depressing train of thought, it is this incurable disease that has yet to be outed from those fans who are hell bent in dragging our club down,

we may as well get Herpes & Gonhorrea back to and they can complete their demolition,

Ok we were sh*te today,another bad day at the office, Kenny will be raging and a few words will be said to those with heads up arses, if it were me i'd bench most of them and bring in those with the hunger and desire to succeed, if that means a shitload of kids so be it, if we get fu**ed over so be it, i wont be popular, but so f***in what, i only want players here who want it, players who run thru brick walls, we have not got that right now and it's looking like some players having got a winners medal are thinking job done,

well they can all F**k off if that's their attitude, and i dont care who they are, performances such as today, against Bolton and other under peformed games are totally unacceptable so those out on the pitch today expect another bollocking from the King, oh and,next game bring your car blanket,you'll need it keep warm on the bench.......

Pepe
                         Johnno     Skrtle   Carra  Enrique
                                   Spearing     Gerrard
                                            Shelvey
                               Bellers                  Maxi
                                             Suarez

Bench; Doni,Kelly, Coady, Suso, Sterling, Adorjan, Carroll

can't see it happening tbh, but, you cant win F**k all with kids, can ya ?  :f_whistle:                 
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #653: Mar 10, 2012 06:58:18 pm
      I dunno billy kenny said he was happy with the performance today
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #654: Mar 10, 2012 07:05:40 pm
      Are you serious?
      Redangel

• 8,381 posts | 1021 
      Reply #655: Mar 10, 2012 07:07:16 pm

First I've heard of this. I truly hope he didn't say he was happy with that or we really do have big , big problems.
      Love KK to bits but he needs to say it as it is , a dreadfull performance not worthy of the shirt.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #656: Mar 10, 2012 07:09:25 pm
      He's already played that card so I hope he's publically backing them but privately roasting their faces off for that sh*t, if he actually sees that as an acceptable performance then I'm massively worried but don't believe that at all.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #657: Mar 10, 2012 07:10:54 pm
      If you were FSG would you trust Comoli and Kenny with another 100 million.

Unfortunately that is a point that is very, very viable because I've got to be honest and say I wouldn't F***ing dream of it.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #658: Mar 10, 2012 07:12:31 pm
      The main problem is a lack of quality, not simply effort. We won the Carling Cup in 2003 with Diouf in the starting 11 despite a poor league season. Winning a cup doesn't disguise the problems. We won the Champions League in 2005 with rubbish like Biscan and Traore playing some great games in the competition. But we knew they would never be good enough long term and the same problem lays with some of our current players despite some good cups games.

Excuses.

We have lost to far poorer line-ups this season.

Sick of all the player-trashing; Carroll is a good buy, so also Suarez, Henderson, Adam and Downing. Matter-of-factly, Carroll, Adam and Downing have done well against Liverpool FC in the past.

Our problem is simple, we turn up for the big games ONLY. Unfortunately, in this Premiership, and at this point in the season, every game is a big game.

Management problem I say.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #659: Mar 10, 2012 07:14:51 pm

Depends on who was asking the questions Corb, do you know ? i'd imagine Kenny being as dispponted like most on this forum, but maybe he was deflecting any bullshit heading our way had he said he wasn't happy with the players.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      Reply #660: Mar 10, 2012 07:18:39 pm
      I think it would be very naive to actually believe that Kenny actually was happy with that performance.

Somebody get the Derby thread up quick.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #661: Mar 10, 2012 07:23:06 pm
      Unfortunately that is a point that is very, very viable because I've got to be honest and say I wouldn't f**king dream of it.

But if you dont trust the manager with the transfer funds then you dont trust him at all.. It cant be anything halfway between.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #662: Mar 10, 2012 07:23:35 pm

Did he really say he was happy with the performance?  I know he said we were unlucky, but he didn't look happy.

I think we should sell Adam, Gerrard, Bellamy,Kuyt,and Suarez, see how much money can be raised, then if thats not enough, chuck Pepe's name in alongside Johnson, we could then sign Ngog back from Bolton, Douif from Doncaster, get big Nev out of retirement, and i'm sure Ratboy will give us a spell at rb, maybe get Voronin back to partner David upfront and have Nicky Tanner run things in midfield, Kenny can retire disgracefully to the golf course and we can get the all conquering face rubber of the year in Woy back in to cuntinue his destruction of this soon to be mediocre club,

WARNING
      those of a positive outlook in life and in particular proper LFC fans are banned from reading any sort of negative propaganda either from Manure sponsored media or indeed the enemy within, as in our supposed loyal fans,

it is believed that those of negative mindset are particularly guilty of incubating feelings of doom and gloom and a overall depressing train of thought, it is this incurable disease that has yet to be outed from those fans who are hell bent in dragging our club down,

we may as well get Herpes & Gonhorrea back to and they can complete their demolition,

Ok we were sh*te today,another bad day at the office, Kenny will be raging and a few words will be said to those with heads up arses, if it were me i'd bench most of them and bring in those with the hunger and desire to succeed, if that means a shitload of kids so be it, if we get fu**ed over so be it, i wont be popular, but so f***in what, i only want players here who want it, players who run thru brick walls, we have not got that right now and it's looking like some players having got a winners medal are thinking job done,

well they can all f**k off if that's their attitude, and i dont care who they are, performances such as today, against Bolton and other under peformed games are totally unacceptable so those out on the pitch today expect another bollocking from the King, oh and,next game bring your car blanket,you'll need it keep warm on the bench.......

Pepe
                         Johnno     Skrtle   Carra  Enrique
                                   Spearing     Gerrard
                                            Shelvey
                               Bellers                  Maxi
                                             Suarez

Bench; Doni,Kelly, Coady, Suso, Sterling, Adorjan, Carroll

can't see it happening tbh, but, you cant win f**k all with kids, can ya ?  :f_whistle:                 

I'd be happy with that billy.  If the team today are happy with just winning the Carling Cup (because they've done F**k all since they won it) then drop them and give some of our youth a chance.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,591 posts | 1675 
      • YNWA
      Reply #663: Mar 10, 2012 07:31:02 pm
      Just heard the result. Didn't hear anything about the game apart from that fact that a large donkey scored the only goal in a 1-0 win. Sigh.
      It's a bit early for the season to start peetering out, so agree with the chap above, drag this baby to the trash icon and get ourselves right for the big one in 3 days.
      And anyone looking for KKs head needs their own examined. Just got to look at the managerial wasteland that is Chavski to see where that thinking gets ya.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,628 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #664: Mar 10, 2012 07:39:19 pm
      Pity The NextGen is this week.
      Sterling and Suso could inject some life into us.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      Reply #665: Mar 10, 2012 07:39:57 pm
      But if you dont trust the manager with the transfer funds then you dont trust him at all.. It cant be anything halfway between.

I've got myself involved a little more than I like after a defeat.

I want Kenny to succeed so much its untrue.

I am not FSG. I have more love for Dalglish and Liverpool than any of FSG will ever have so I would love to give Kenny another Summer of spending their money and then see how its going next Christmas.

Flip side is FSG don't love Kenny or the club half as much as I do and its their money that is getting spent. All that I am saying is, is that if I was in their shoes this Summer and we had finished way off 4th I would be looking at last years big money signings and be thinking twice.

sh*t. Get beat by the sh*te on Tuesday they go above us.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #666: Mar 10, 2012 07:43:17 pm
      That was the worst I've seen us play in a long time, passionless and clueless. Nobody was good, but Adam and Henderson in particular plumbed new depths of awfulness. We looked a beaten team long before the end, and I do think questioning the manager is legitimate. I would have done it if Benitez or Hodgson were in charge, so it seems only reasonable to do it while it's Kenny.

That's not to say I would change the manager obviously, I believe kenny deserves at least 3 years to find his feet (and we did a trophy, our first one for six seasons a couple of weeks back lets not forget), but that was a mile away from being good enough. As for players and signings, Adam and Henderson in particular were unnacceptably bad to my mind. Debates on whether or not they are good players/good signings etc etc are by the by when they turn in performances like that. The most shameful aspect of both players "efforts" for me was  that neither bust a gut to turn a dreadful performance into an average one. Coates I thought did OK and might make a centre half, Suarez was a shadow of what he is like at his best (although it isn't easy when you are asked to do everything by yourself). Bellamy was anonymous, Carroll when he came on clumsy, and Downing infuriatingly sh!t. Dirk was Dirk, and as we know when he's bad he's bad, but he's always been like that. Spearing kind of stuck to his task but did nothing, the two fullbacks were alright and Skrtel was solid enough. Oh, and I thought Pepe should have saved the goal before it hit the post.

Ultimately, we can argue till the cows come home about potential, and about whether or not the players we've got represent value for money. What is absolutely beyond any dispute whatsoever though is that they didn't today, not by a country mile. Too many performances like that, and not only will they be on the move before too long, my guess is the more reactionary of our fans will be pressing for the manager to be joining them. Mistakenly in my view, but I do undrestand peoples frustration when they watch performances like that.

Quick Reply