Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

A letter to FSG

Read 2496 times
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      A letter to FSG
      May 08, 2012 10:21:03 pm
      For anyone who doesn't think Kenny should be in charge next season, fair enough. It's a forum, and everyone's allowed to have their rightful opinion as for what's best for the club and what they think should happen at the club.

However, for those of us who think Kenny should be allowed another season, or more, as manager, I think we should do what we've done before with e-mails and e-mail John Henry and co to let them know that we don't want Kenny out. We did it with different media sources during the Hicks and Gillett era, and it picked up a bit in the media which only helped spread the word about what we wanted. On a personal note, I think there's been more than just Kenny's fault to this season not turning out as we wished. Fair enough Kenny has to address a few issues but let's be honest, he'll be back to get them sorted in the summer and see how it goes next season.

If someone could come up with a template e-mail that we could all copy into an e-mail and send to FSG, letting them know that we as fans have full faith behind Kenny as manager and that sacking him is not the right answer in our opinion. I would make up a template e-mail myself, but quite frankly I'm sh*te at very well worded letters, so if someone with a better literature skill level than me could kick start us with one it would be a great move I think.  :f_tongueincheek:

It would honestly kill me to see Kenny get the bullet at the end of the season. I for one stand by him and have full faith in him, as do many others on this forum.

Cheers.  ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Re: A letter to FSG
      Reply #1: May 08, 2012 10:29:19 pm
      As much as I think Kenny is the right man and want him here next season I don't think this is a good idea.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #2: May 08, 2012 10:30:08 pm
      I am with you on this. I want King to stay.

We have played similarly and better this season and lost the game (Arsenal game comes to mind). We have hot the woodwork about 35 times - that is a lot. We have played good football.

I WANT THE KING MANAGING LIVERPOOL NEXT SEASON.

IKIT
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #3: May 08, 2012 10:31:01 pm
      The Kop let the owners know how we felt tonight well enough.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #4: May 08, 2012 10:32:07 pm
      Come off it. Awful shout that, it would make us a laughing stock.

Our club was n danger under Hicks and Gillete, this is a completely different situation.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #5: May 08, 2012 10:33:03 pm
      I don't agree with sending emails.

I love Kenny I really do and I am willing to give him the summer and another season to make changes. I know many of us want him to remain but not solely because of what he has done for us or because we feel sentimental but because we believe in what he's capable of.

I also know there are a bunch who don't think he's the right man and it's fair enough but I think it's best the decision is left to FSG.

If he goes, he goes. I won't cry about it. If he stays, he stays and will have my backing.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #6: May 08, 2012 10:33:47 pm

All that needed be done. A show of support from the fans who attended game and if they ignore that then it will be a big mistake.
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2012 10:49:58 pm by srslfc »
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #7: May 08, 2012 10:48:40 pm
      I don"t think we should be sending emails , if they have a brain between them they"ll know that the king is the man for the job.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #8: May 09, 2012 12:31:48 am

Bang on.

As long as Kenny commands the respect and patience of those within the ground, the minority of disgruntled twitter warriors and internet whoppers are mere farts in the wind.

He currently does, and by an overwhelming majority too may I add.
      the nighfly
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #9: May 09, 2012 01:30:23 am
      I can understand not wanting to deluge FSG with e-mails, but I wish there was some way for us non-locals to do our part to counter the twitter warriors.  Any ideas?
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #10: May 09, 2012 08:22:01 am
      disgruntled twitter warriors and internet whoppers are mere farts in the wind.

Brilliant description.....gave me a laugh that!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #11: May 09, 2012 08:29:30 am
      disgruntled twitter warriors and internet whoppers are mere farts in the wind.

F.F.S. Danny - don't you be going giving Elton F***ing John another excuse to rework his "classic". 

Now that F***ing song will be in my napper all day... >:D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12: May 09, 2012 08:36:57 am
      We take to the streets if he goes.

If they know anything about soccer ...... its not overnight.
      AussieAd
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #13: May 09, 2012 09:28:00 am
      If FSG were going to get rid of Kenny then I think they would have done so already. But the post season analysis and self-assessment that Kenny will go through in the next few weeks may see him come to the conclusion that he's not up to going through another season - he's said himself often enough that no person is bigger or more important than the club, and if he feels responsible for some of the failings of this season and that he can't be confident of correcting them for next season then he'll ask to step away. Not that I hope he does, mind - just I think it's a possible outcome.

This last match, great though it was, raises as many questions as it answers. The skill level shown by the players selected in the Anfield game - most of whom were backing up from the final - showed that they have the ability. So if they can play like that then why haven't they more often this year? How was it that a Liverpool team ran out on Saturday in the wrong mindset, or playing the wrong tactics? What did Kenny and Steve and the other coaches say on Tuesday night that they didn't on Saturday?

In fairness to Kenny (and to the players) Liverpool have outplayed the opposition in the vast majority of games this season. It's usually just been a dreadful combination of inexperience, confidence, skill, and luck that has prevented the final shot from going in the net time and time again that has seen us draw or lose as the better side. We played the majority of the season with a brand new midfield - Adam, Downing, Spearing, Henderson had never played together before, and only Spearing had played with any of the forwards before. Our experienced midfielders in Stevie and Lucas were out of the side for much of the season.

So is a letter needed? We've got the 2 best central defenders in the league (when not injured - looking at you Daniel), we've got what will be the best centre forward pairing in the league, we've got a young team with their best years ahead, we've got one of the best youth squads in the world. And we've got one of the most successful managers in the history of the game. Crap though this season has been, I think we're looking okay...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #14: May 09, 2012 04:35:49 pm
      If FSG were going to get rid of Kenny then I think they would have done so already.

This last match, great though it was, raises as many questions as it answers.

Just on these two points, we do still have one more match left on Sunday, any decision will be made after that.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #15: May 09, 2012 04:57:16 pm
      If a decision has been made and FSG mind has been made up and signed & sealed then writing,Emailing protest's will not sway their minds, in their minds they are all about asset protection.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #16: May 09, 2012 08:14:04 pm
      Clearly my idea wasn't that popular!  :D

Seriously though, some fair points being put across. I just thought that we could have all came together and made FSG know that we're still behind Kenny being in charge, but each to their own thoughts.   :)

Quick Reply