Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who should be the next Liverpool manager?

Rafael Benitez
      (53.5%)
      Andre Villas-Boas
      (19.4%)
      JĂźrgen Klopp
      (11.1%)
      Roberto Martinez
      (4.5%)
      Joachim Low
      (1.8%)
      Didier Deschamps
      (1.8%)
      Frank Rijkaard
      (2.4%)
      Brendan Rodgers
      (2.9%)
      Fabio Capello
      (2.7%)

The next Liverpool FC manager?

Read 333868 times
      WildIRL
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Re: The next Liverpool FC manager?
      Reply #5451: May 30, 2012 03:45:25 pm
      No need to be negative about this...

So, I'm reading this thinking, this guy 'Zebedee' might be coming around.... then he goes on.... blah blah

.....but......Would rather had to stuck with the King,than this guy! ...........  No reason to be optimistic comes august!

On this one matey-troll, you can walk alone.

P.S. If by some F***ing outside chance that you are not a WUM, please go and give your personal brand of "SUPPORT" and "Not Being Negative" to some other club.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5452: May 30, 2012 03:45:28 pm
      Can't believe given all the contradictions from the media over the last two weeks that posters are plastering their lap top screens or contemplting suicide when nothing official has been announced.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #5453: May 30, 2012 03:45:41 pm

He already has one, Fudgey I believe.

Or at least that's what he was known as back home.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5454: May 30, 2012 03:46:29 pm
      Correct me if I'm wrong but when Barcelona finished 6th in 2003 they got Rijkaard in who had just been relegated in Germany (Think it was Germany?). Suppose they've done ok since?

Worse than that: he was relegated in Holland

Then he was replaced by a guy whose only experience was a single season in their B team.

Definitely not done too bad since
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #5455: May 30, 2012 03:47:02 pm
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #5456: May 30, 2012 03:49:10 pm
      Worse than that: he was relegated in Holland

Then he was replaced by a guy whose only experience was a single season in their B team.

Definitely not done too bad since

Cheers Diego mate. :)

Yep not to mention, Klopp, Benitez, Di Matteo also had teams relegated. Not done too bad since eh.

Ah they're alright I suppose, but only two European Cups, two FA Cups and the Bundesliga title... Is it enough I have to ask?
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #5457: May 30, 2012 03:50:00 pm
      Nickname = BRODGERS

Inventive is me.....
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #5458: May 30, 2012 03:51:38 pm
      It says on goal com (I know...) that Damien's role is gonna be divided into 3:

talkaloadofbull.com understands Liverpool’s groundbreaking plan is to employ one executive to oversee statistics, another whose role will be to conduct negotiations and a third ‘football man’ with contacts within the game.

I want the job with the statistics! :(

So, we will have a DOF (someone like Van Gaal) who knows the game and has contacts at clubs all over the world; we will have a negotiator so that we don't get taken to the cleaners on our transfers anymore (no more Carrol's or Downings); and we will have a statistician to provide the DOF with raw numbers that can help him make the best decisions regarding who we should target in the market.  Seems logical enough to me. 

At the moment I'd hazard a guess at Fsg interviewing one or two more candidates and then an announcement being made.

I could be a million miles from the truth, I just don't believe Martinez and Rodgers were our only targets.

I can see them being the only two main candidates.  The system that FSG seem to want to employ is to have a strong DOF who chooses the transfer targets and effectively builds the team.  The manager will only be responsible for the formation/tactics.  In my opinion, this system makes the manager more dispensable, which is why they are targeting young managers who will not have as high of wage demands as someone like Rafa, Guardiola, Capello, etc. 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #5459: May 30, 2012 03:51:43 pm
      Chris Wathan ‏@ChrisWathan
      No confirmation from Swansea on Rodgers latest but understood that there have been no compensation talks as it stands - @walesonline

Decent source apparently.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #5460: May 30, 2012 03:52:55 pm
      Chris Wathan ‏@ChrisWathan
      No confirmation from Swansea on Rodgers latest but understood that there have been no compensation talks as it stands - @walesonline

Decent source apparently.

According to Swans fans clutching at straws, yeah.

The fact is Rodgers is going to be our new manager. I'm pleased with that, and hope he does well.

With the football he got Swansea playing, I'm certain he'll be a huge hit here.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #5461: May 30, 2012 03:54:05 pm
      True nothing has yet been 'rubber stamped', but there seems to be a head of steam building with Rodgers that's been missing with the others.

But I'll say this now, regardless of where Brendan ends up, the man is class. He's a brilliant manager, and if I were to take a gamble on any new manager...

But let's not pop the corks until we hear Brendan is at Melwood.
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #5462: May 30, 2012 03:54:05 pm
      My first choice of new gaffer was Klopp and 2nd choice was Rodgers
      I'll be very happy with appointment .He gets his team playing a very watchable brand of football.
      Look what he has done at Swansea last season .I have seen it written so many times on these forums that Swansea play very good football.
      And me and many other fans have cringed at our passing this season and giving the ball away to easily
      So this appointment if it's legit  can only mean good things for our club..

Will also be interesting if he wants any of his players from Swansea.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5463: May 30, 2012 03:54:50 pm
      Sorry Res its not 'fact' Rodgers will be our manager, its speculation, so lets treat it as that.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #5464: May 30, 2012 03:55:57 pm
      cant believe this! Rodgers to be lfc manager comes next season!(bbc sport) gosh! No need to be negative about this,but alas,lfc the mighty one has to go and get a manager from a mid-table club! Would rather had to stuck with the King,than this guy! No reason to be optimistic comes august! YNWA!

I agree entirely, and maintain the even considering managers like Martinez and Rodgers IS an insult to LFC.

Then I read this...

Good article from the telegraph which was posted on Jan 13, 2012, I think a lot of our players will love his footballing philosophy, especially Reina. Rafa Benitez used to be very direct with his approach, Rodgers on the other hand, loves to keep the ball and start it from the back.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/9013702/Swansea-manager-Brendan-Rodgers-aims-to-convert-long-ball-believers.html

Now I am confused. The things he says in this article more than tick all the right boxes for me. Although I dont believe he is anywhere near good enough for us.

I don't expect us winning the league for the foreseeable future, maybe a generation, the way Chavs and Citeh spend..[dont give me the fair play rules, even i can think of lots of ways to get round it, I am sure multi millionaire businessmen can think of them too].

So we will have to subscribe to, what I believe is FSG's plan for the club, constantly playing in champions league and collecting the cash. I think FSG will be more than happy with this, hence the reason they sacked KK after 2 finals, 1 cup, but a poor league finish.

If this IS the case, then playing attractive attacking football will make it worthwhile....Although Arsenal fans seem to disagree.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #5465: May 30, 2012 03:56:01 pm
      Sorry Res its not 'fact' Rodgers will be our manager, its speculation, so lets treat it as that.

Tell me that on Friday. ;)
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #5466: May 30, 2012 03:56:03 pm

Ah they're alright I suppose, but only two European Cups, two FA Cups and the Bundesliga title... Is it enough I have to ask?

You forgot Rafas two Spanish League titles and UEFA Cup :)
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #5467: May 30, 2012 03:57:30 pm
      It's all a smokescreen for Rafa...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5468: May 30, 2012 03:59:42 pm
      I could tell you LVG will be announced Friday Res, just saying.

The media have been all over and if you've kept an open eye on it over the last fortbight, you'd know to take anything with a pinch salt.

Even more so when the media are eporting he'll be announced in 48 hours when he hadn't even talked to JWH, forgive me for being cynical but that doesn't add up.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #5469: May 30, 2012 04:00:05 pm
      On another note - Rafa is on his way abroad as we speak, was seen at the airport alone, this morning.

What no other passengers? How lonely for him.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #5470: May 30, 2012 04:01:25 pm

We hear what you are saying mate, but we are frustrated and confused, its hard not to take speculation as a reflection of whats happening...i know, we should all know better...;D

The one problem I have with wait and see, is that once its decided its too late, whoever it is will be our manager and we are expected, as good supporters, to get behind him.
      I am sorry, but I cant promise that and I don't believe it makes me any less of a passionate fan. I couldn't give RH my support, from day one, because my heart AND head told me he wasn't good enough for the job...and I wasn't the only one.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #5471: May 30, 2012 04:01:35 pm
      Liam Tomkins ‏@liam_tomkins

Manager: Brendan Rodgers. Sporting Director: Louis van Gaal. Technical Director: Pep Segura. #LFC
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,941 posts | 4996 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5472: May 30, 2012 04:02:22 pm
      Well it looks increasingly likely that BR will be our next gaffer, but and it is a big but, they are only meeting and obviously considering what he can bring, for all we know Brendan might only be the second person interviewed,

we all know thx to whelan martinez had talks last week and is probably out of the running, thank F**k, and there could be others still to be considered, i'm still hopeful Rafa is still in FSG's thoughts and are going thru a sort of elimination progress with the more serious contenders, before finally announcing that Senor Benitez is the man for the job,
      and at the same time keeping the media wolfs from their door,

if it turns out that Rafa was not even considered i for one would be majorly disappointed,  but like most posters if Rodgers is appointed then i won't be to disappointed either, i like his philosophy his style of passing teams to death and the way he conducts himself on and off the pitch, he is young but carries with him a aura and respesct from his peers,he has worked & learned under Maureen, been at Barca and other top clubs in Europe so he's hardly a complete novice,

like every side bringing in a new manager, he will need time to impose his style and ideas, but at Liverpool the style is already in existence and won't take to long to implement and adjust,

like i mentioned it may only be the next candidate's interview but i just get the feeling that it's probably getting nearer to the real deal now, especially when you think that JWH is not just here for the League thingy(somebody remind me please).
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #5473: May 30, 2012 04:03:26 pm

Quick Reply