Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Whats Happened !

Read 8497 times
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Whats Happened !
      May 29, 2012 06:50:04 pm
      Abit of an off the cuff thread (and feel free to close it). Anyway i have just been surfing through skybet and came across transfer specials . I always take a look through this in close season and every year we are on the list of the clubs the Big Boys of Europe are targeted by sometimes fairly long odds but we have made the list of the clubs favourable to sign the creme dela creme .
                   I have just taken alook and we seem to be cropping up in the Lesser player tranfer bets . I thought when FSG took over we would be in for the big names competing with Chelsea and Utd for the big names but not this year just like last year mid range players. I cant understand it we stick by them everyyear so get the cheque book out and give us some big names and confidence .

http://www.skybet.com/football/specials/transfer-specials
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6390 
      Re: Whats Happened !
      Reply #1: May 29, 2012 07:05:35 pm
      Is it any secret that we aren't going to be shelling out 100m every transfer window like city or the chavs? I think the owners have made it abundantly clear that they expect to make smart, value signings and that we have to sell to buy other than a somewhat modest (30-50m depending on who you ask) transfer budget.
      Gus
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      Reply #2: May 29, 2012 09:01:20 pm
      Is it any secret that we aren't going to be shelling out 100m every transfer window like city or the chavs? I think the owners have made it abundantly clear that they expect to make smart, value signings and that we have to sell to buy other than a somewhat modest (30-50m depending on who you ask) transfer budget.
      i think also has we dont have a manager we cant and wont be linked as we normally are. just check out the differance when we appoint and he sets his sights on players.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #3: May 29, 2012 09:23:53 pm
      Daniel Agger 6/4 to join Barca!! I usually look forward to the silly season, but this year I can bearly be bothered to look at the transfer speculation. We're always linked with between 70 and 100 people which just shows most of it is made up.
      ste1986
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #4: May 29, 2012 09:51:07 pm
      Dagger at 6/4 just got more likely after they were knocked back for Kompany
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #5: May 29, 2012 09:54:48 pm
      What happened?

George Gillet & Tom hicks happened.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #6: May 29, 2012 11:46:57 pm
      What happened?

Transfer speculation is based on positions that need filling, players available etc and we have no idea what positions the new man will want to fill.

The betting on our new manager has been going mental with prices going up and down faster than a katona on a line of coke and all of it based on nothing but speculation.

We're out of the betting because there's no speculation about who we need let alone who we'll sign.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #7: May 30, 2012 12:22:41 am
      We have to sell to buy, now that rings a bell!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #8: May 30, 2012 12:26:21 am
      We have to sell to buy, now that rings a bell!

I don't believe it will be sell-to-buy as money made from player sales will be supplemented by commercial revenue and payouts related to our successes, ie - final league postion and trophies won. That is something we never had previously, in fact we didn't even get the money generated from player sales!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #9: May 30, 2012 12:30:17 am
      The money just went missing -_-
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #10: May 30, 2012 12:30:32 am
      I don't believe it will be sell-to-buy as money made from player sales will be supplemented by commercial revenue and payouts related to our successes, ie - final league postion and trophies won. That is something we never had previously, in fact we didn't even get the money generated from player sales!
      Hope your right Rep, don't want to go through all that sh*t again!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #11: May 30, 2012 04:26:58 am
      we already shelled out for our big name strikers... only we are making the names ourselves... carroll and suarez. we should get behind the world class talent we have rather than wanting to be a chelsea and sign other teams.
      ste1986
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #12: May 30, 2012 11:01:09 pm
      we already shelled out for our big name strikers... only we are making the names ourselves... carroll and suarez. we should get behind the world class talent we have rather than wanting to be a chelsea and sign other teams.
      Yeah these two can lead the way next term. Here's hoping rodgers is a fan of Carrolls work rate
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #13: May 30, 2012 11:29:53 pm
      We have Americans, that what happened
      Bier
      Reply #14: May 30, 2012 11:38:28 pm
      We finished 8th in the league.
      We didn't qualify for CL football.
      We can't spend like Man City, Anzhi, Chelsea or PSG.

On the plus side, we are Liverpool FC.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #15: May 30, 2012 11:46:46 pm
      It is laughable to see a Russian Nobody team favourites to sign, Balotelli, Tevez, Drogba, Van Persie ect. Football took a wrong turn somewhere
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #16: May 31, 2012 12:01:05 am
      It is laughable to see a Russian Nobody team favourites to sign, Balotelli, Tevez, Drogba, Van Persie ect. Football took a wrong turn somewhere

Tevez looks like a character from Wrong Turn.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #17: May 31, 2012 12:09:27 am
      While I accept what you have observed, I am not surprised. In case you forget, we technically don't yet have a manager, even though it appears Brendan Rodgers will be appointed soon. We, however, are not being discussed in reference to the so-called bigger names. We don't have that sort of money available. That is no fault to FSG in my eyes. We are not in Europe. Being in Europe, I.e. Champions League, brings in revenue, meaning we can attract players with a high stage and good wages. If we aren't their, then we can't do that as well.

Hopefully, and Jesus Christ a hope to God, this time next year we will be waiting to play in the Champions league and attracting the bigger names.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #18: May 31, 2012 12:16:50 am
      straight away thought of this when I saw the thread title!

Declan Moffit
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #19: May 31, 2012 12:20:51 am
      straight away thought of this when I saw the thread title!

Declan Moffit

;D

Funny b***ard he is.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #20: May 31, 2012 12:40:46 am
      Hang on lads and ladettes, but we are in transition with a new manager imminent,there is just no f***in way can we compete with the likes of Chavs and Shitty,but in all honesty i'm not sure i want my club to be spending the millions & millions year on year, even when we do have the collateral to do so,

and that collateral will never come about unless we to have a 60k + stadia,
      so until then we have to build bit by bit, for 18 months we have started that process, with Kenny and now it seems with Rodgers,

it's a fresh start with a new management team, and with the same goal we will get there, sometimes you have to take a step backwards to make giant steps forward, and with time, patience and a we bit of luck along the way we will eventually reach the very top,

so what's happened then, well, i believe FSG will deliver their promise and give us the means to succeed, we have to look forward now not back, Kenny bless him would no doubt have got us there to, but our owners couldn't see that and implemented their right to change things around and do it their way,

we now have to get behind not only BR but get behind the owners to, we do after all want the same thing, some of us won't like the changes being made, some will think yeah i can see into the future and embrace it,

one thing is for sure tho,FSG are not H&G, they want us to succeed, and in today's game it's a results business with the added carrott of CL football boosting the coffers, not a cash cow to line your pockets, and asset strip the club, i'm sure FSG will make money from us but we will benefit too, that's just the way it is, we eventually will have a new stadium to be proud of, with a world class team to match, and of course a trophy cabinet bursting with trophies and titles galore, and more, a history we can share with our kids and their kids, and we can once again beam with pride when someones asks you which team do you support, why the champions of Europe and the world of course, who else ?   YNWA
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #21: May 31, 2012 12:47:42 am
      The added carrott of CL league football boosting the coffers?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #22: May 31, 2012 12:50:33 am
      Hang on lads and ladettes, but we are in transition with a new manager imminent,there is just no f***in way can we compete with the likes of Chavs and Shitty,but in all honesty i'm not sure i want my club to be spending the millions & millions year on year, even when we do have the collateral to do so,

and that collateral will never come about unless we to have a 60k + stadia,
      so until then we have to build bit by bit, for 18 months we have started that process, with Kenny and now it seems with Rodgers,

it's a fresh start with a new management team, and with the same goal we will get there, sometimes you have to take a step backwards to make giant steps forward, and with time, patience and a we bit of luck along the way we will eventually reach the very top,

so what's happened then, well, i believe FSG will deliver their promise and give us the means to succeed, we have to look forward now not back, Kenny bless him would no doubt have got us there to, but our owners couldn't see that and implemented their right to change things around and do it their way,

we now have to get behind not only BR but get behind the owners to, we do after all want the same thing, some of us won't like the changes being made, some will think yeah i can see into the future and embrace it,

one thing is for sure tho,FSG are not H&G, they want us to succeed, and in today's game it's a results business with the added carrott of CL football boosting the coffers, not a cash cow to line your pockets, and asset strip the club, i'm sure FSG will make money from us but we will benefit too, that's just the way it is, we eventually will have a new stadium to be proud of, with a world class team to match, and of course a trophy cabinet bursting with trophies and titles galore, and more, a history we can share with our kids and their kids, and we can once again beam with pride when someones asks you which team do you support, why the champions of Europe and the world of course, who else ?   YNWA

Is your shift key fu**ed?

Seriously though, good post and I agree.
      Joking aside, I'm not expecting Rodgers to come in and instantly turn us into a world dominating team with beautiful tiki-taka football but I see this as potentially a very shrewd appointment by FSG. They know we can't go toe-to-toe with Citeh or Chavski financially so we needed to find a way of building gradually and Rodgers' theory of adopting a style where the ability of the opposition is almost irrelavent as they don't have the ball could just work. If/when that works, we will climb the table and start earning more money which we can then spend on players that will fit that system and on to the next level.
      I'm cautiously excited.

Quick Reply