Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3047569 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #17227: Aug 08, 2014 01:43:28 pm
      Yep, and that doesn't happen by accident :)

you can't argue with the stats plus our friend Luis was missing for being over aggressive with his gnashers .
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #17228: Aug 10, 2014 02:51:59 pm
      Anyone have a link to Brendans aftermatch thoughts, missed it.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #17229: Aug 10, 2014 04:02:57 pm
      Anyone have a link to Brendans aftermatch thoughts, missed it.

Found this mate.

http://youtu.be/FzDZCSbCOK8
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #17230: Aug 11, 2014 07:38:14 am
      Team looks ready for the next step up, I see a repeat like last season but one with some silverware to show off this campaign.

Going to be a breath of fresh air in the champions league too.

Buckle up.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #17231: Aug 12, 2014 04:53:58 pm
      ''Liverpool's transfer dealings far from done'' says Brendan Rodgers:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpools-transfer-window-dealings-far-4039241
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #17232: Aug 12, 2014 05:02:46 pm
      Team looks ready for the next step up, I see a repeat like last season but one with some silverware to show off this campaign.

Going to be a breath of fresh air in the champions league too.

Buckle up.

Yeah, F**k the tactical stuff, just get out there and blow the opposition away in the first 20 minutes  :laugh:

It's going to be fun, whatever happens.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #17233: Aug 12, 2014 06:39:14 pm
      The fluent football that the Reds are playing, under Brendan, will surely be rewarded with silverware, sooner or later.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #17234: Aug 13, 2014 08:10:22 pm
      Our manager is special... something that makes me admire him, as much as his hard work, is that- he doesn't moan/disrespect officials or players from opposing teams no matter what the result.
      You'll do us proud Brendan, I'm sure of it.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17235: Aug 14, 2014 12:00:36 pm
      Our manager is special... something that makes me admire him, as much as his hard work, is that- he doesn't moan/disrespect officials or players from opposing teams no matter what the result.
      You'll do us proud Brendan, I'm sure of it.

Except the time he did criticise officials after the City match on Boxing Day about Lee Mason being from the greater manchester area or something.

But I agree with the sentiment of the post. He's got an aura about him.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #17236: Aug 14, 2014 12:05:04 pm
      The fluent football that the Reds are playing, under Brendan, will surely be rewarded with silverware, sooner or later.

Not to put a downer on it or anything, but 2 words.
      Roy Evans.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #17237: Aug 14, 2014 12:06:17 pm
      Except the time he did criticise officials after the City match on Boxing Day about Lee Mason being from the greater manchester area or something.

But I agree with the sentiment of the post. He's got an aura about him.

hahahha still on his side after that too.
      I feel really glad most of the time..
      .. because at least we all know we have good coach, who's not just someone giving orders but a coach, get the feeling he knows his stuff and players respect him, not Reina though, he's not a fan maybe.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #17238: Aug 14, 2014 01:44:11 pm

Might of still felt a bit pissed off at that Sterling goal that was ruled out.

Needs to show his dark side every now and then.

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #17239: Aug 15, 2014 12:04:46 am
      About that Henderson goal against Dortmund.

I know its only a friendly but watching that, come on, how can pundits (another name for idiots) think that is not quality enough?

As far as I'm aware, it's evident that the team and the coach are in total harmony and there's a cohesion to the team. I've said it time and time again, but the English have obsessions over individuals rather than the team - hence why our football team is sh*t because we only cram it with the best individuals and not the best team, whether it's the manager or the pundits or the fans, it doesn't matter because the English have no conception of a 'real' team. Now this English obsession over individuals has carried over to Liverpool's prospects because without Suarez, we're doomed apparently. Tottenham felt the loss of Bale (but that was exacerbated with a scattergun transfer approach) and Man Utd felt the absence of Ronaldo. But Man Utd and Tottenham never scored 100 goals in their respective league campaigns prior to their star men leaving, so the less goals for them means the more valuable the player was for their team. I somehow think we are less susceptible to the loss of our star man because we scored so much more as a team, and the idea that we relied entirely on Suarez for goals is complete folly and the type of uneducated fuckwitted attitude you'd expect from the English media.

Brendan Rodgers gets it though - he knows what a team is, he's not overly concerned with individuals - there is proof of that last year when all many of our star players were out for a good while, but that didn't deter Rodgers as he's always emphasised the team over any individual. People seem to forget that we had a lot of injuries to our star players last year and this was a team that lacked so much depth - something which many conveniently like to forget.

He's one step ahead of all the dunderheads that cover English football, and we'll be fine this season for sure.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17240: Aug 15, 2014 01:14:42 am
      hahahha still on his side after that too.
      I feel really glad most of the time..
      .. because at least we all know we have good coach, who's not just someone giving orders but a coach, get the feeling he knows his stuff and players respect him, not Reina though, he's not a fan maybe.

Might of still felt a bit pissed off at that Sterling goal that was ruled out.

Needs to show his dark side every now and then.

Yeah I agreed with him, though. Mason was F***ing sh*te that game and we don't see a referee from the Liverpool area refereeing our games for big matches.

The best bit was he didn't back down after when most managers would be apologetic for their comments.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #17241: Aug 15, 2014 02:57:48 pm
      People will look at other teams.....we are  here to challenge.
      That's from BR.  I LOVE   IT  ..last season  we  were second and
      we have to improve on that and that's to challenge the top position.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #17242: Aug 15, 2014 05:52:12 pm
      But we did challenge the top position? if we are to improve we have to win it.

Thats the  believe  the players  and all of us must have and for the first time in  a  long time I have that believe thanks to BR.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #17243: Aug 17, 2014 03:30:57 pm
      Tactics weren't paying off today, unfortunately. Rodgers made the Lucas-Allen sub at the right time and it paid off.

So excited for the rest of this season under BR.

Come on Red Men! :D
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      Reply #17244: Aug 17, 2014 03:37:13 pm
      Made a mistake by having two deep lying midfielders in Lucas and Gerrard but happy he corrected it in time for us to get the points.

He needs to give Johnson and Lucas the boot to the bench, they limit our team. He shows faith in youth e.g Sterling and Suso(2 seasons ago) so he should show Can and Manquillo the same faith imo.

We can't have any passengers against City next week, Brendan get it right from the start next week please. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #17245: Aug 17, 2014 03:55:53 pm
      I think he wanted to get numbers in the middle of the park and that's why he went with Lucas/Gerrard.

It doesn't work and I don't expect to see it too much more this season.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #17246: Aug 17, 2014 04:17:38 pm
      I think he got it wrong today, both with his original team selection and with his subs, I think he brought the right players off, just didn't put the right players on for me. 
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      Reply #17247: Aug 17, 2014 04:19:43 pm
      I think he got it wrong today, both with his original team selection and with his subs, I think he brought the right players off, just didn't put the right players on for me. 

Who would you off had on instead mate?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #17248: Aug 17, 2014 04:36:57 pm
      Who would you off had on instead mate?

The obvious one was Can, but I would have liked to see Ibe rather than Lambert.  Allen actually did o.k. but I think Can would have been the better option. Lambert for me did nothing (maybe distracted someone once or twice:) ) whereas I think Ibe would not only have given us more pace in attack but might have relieved a bit of the pressure on Johnson.

We won so it all worked out in the end !
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      Reply #17249: Aug 17, 2014 04:40:29 pm
      The obvious one was Can, but I would have liked to see Ibe rather than Lambert.  Allen actually did o.k. but I think Can would have been the better option. Lambert for me did nothing (maybe distracted someone once or twice:) ) whereas I think Ibe would not only have given us more pace in attack but might have relieved a bit of the pressure on Johnson.

We won so it all worked out in the end !

I think the same on Lambert and Ibe, think we were too slow at times an Ibe's pace would have done us good and for me i think Allen should have started ahead of Lucas, the fact Lucas started then Allen come on for me implies Can wasn't fully fit to make an appearance.

Quick Reply