Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3047852 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #21183: Nov 30, 2014 03:23:15 pm
      3 points - check.

Clean sheet - check.

Ability to grind out a result - check.

Manager sticking one down the throats of his critics - check, check check.  8)

Just about beat Stoke - check. :D

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #21184: Nov 30, 2014 03:26:09 pm
      Manager sticking one down the throats of his critics - check, check check.

Only took since August.. check mate.

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #21185: Nov 30, 2014 04:29:06 pm
      I love those on here who slate Brendan that he only looked good because of Suarez, then what does that make Kenny? Hilarious if it weren't our own fans.

If people can't support Brendan when he's losing, then don't support him when he's winning.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #21186: Nov 30, 2014 04:50:32 pm
      Early days, Rogers had praise heaped upon him, for making decisive tactical changes when things weren't going well DURING a game. So why has he not made any tactical changes at all, when things have been going so wrong for so long.
      Change of personnel yes, but tactically we still seem to continue on the same old treadmill of mediocrity.
      He suddenly seems bereft of any idea what to do, to change our fortunes. This win against 'The Mighty Stoke', has only papered over the cracks.
      Can't wait for the next game now, to see what, if anything he comes up with tactically.
      I really don't expect any surprises though. We may perhaps have a bit more fight, as long as we don't go behind. If we do go behind, I'm afraid it will be more of the same.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #21187: Nov 30, 2014 04:54:07 pm

As good as Suarez was under Kenny, he was at a completely different level last season.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21188: Nov 30, 2014 05:35:34 pm
      Only took since August.. check mate.

;D

Just a postscript.
      Mentioned on MOTD last night that Rodgers admitted he didnt have any idea that he had dropped  Stevie on his 16th first team anniversary.
      No good  handing out books and vids about the club to new players if ...

Rodgers admitted he was unaware of the milestone in Gerrard's career when he left out the former England captain.

"I wasn't aware it was 16 years until I walked into the dressing room and saw the programme," Rodgers explained, after his side secured their first win in five games.

"I felt quite bad ...   but he's a wonderful man.

:mad:

No cake then ?

ww.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30264458

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/brendan-rodgers-disappointed-he-was-unaware-steven-gerrards-16th-anniversary-1477268

« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2014 05:55:09 pm by eurored »
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #21189: Nov 30, 2014 06:16:04 pm
      When everything is rosey Brendan is the best thing since sliced bread, I think some are too quick to pull the rug from under his feet when the going gets tough.
      or to quick to say that all is well when its clearly not
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #21190: Nov 30, 2014 06:23:09 pm
      3 points - check.

Clean sheet - check.

if we won 5-0 playing fantastic football you could've said that he silenced the critics ...
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #21191: Nov 30, 2014 09:36:59 pm
      If I were Brendan I wouldn't worry too much about silencing the critics. For many of them, it clearly doesn't matter at all what he does, they simply don't want him to be the manager of Liverpool.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #21192: Nov 30, 2014 09:47:38 pm
      If I were Brendan I wouldn't worry too much about silencing the critics. For many of them, it clearly doesn't matter at all what he does, they simply don't want him to be the manager of Liverpool.

I want him to suceed, I want to see more of the football served up last season, it may take a bit of time and buying a few duds along the way, but I honestly think he can get us performing like that again.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #21193: Nov 30, 2014 10:01:08 pm
      I want him to suceed, I want to see more of the football served up last season, it may take a bit of time and buying a few duds along the way, but I honestly think he can get us performing like that again.

To be fair mate out of those that have always been less than totally convinced by Brendan, your posts are always the most well put together and thought out. Much of what you said a day or so in this thread was perfectly reasonable, and unlike many of the doubters I always make a point of seeing what you have to say. It's rare in any of your longer posts for you not to make at least a couple of points which are reasonable enough to have even me agreeing with them.

Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #21194: Nov 30, 2014 11:35:54 pm
      To be fair mate out of those that have always been less than totally convinced by Brendan, your posts are always the most well put together and thought out. Much of what you said a day or so in this thread was perfectly reasonable, and unlike many of the doubters I always make a point of seeing what you have to say. It's rare in any of your longer posts for you not to make at least a couple of points which are reasonable enough to have even me agreeing with them.

Yep, I agree, it's nice to see such constructive posts.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #21195: Nov 30, 2014 11:40:42 pm
      I've seen 3-0 victories which were less complete than 1-0 victory though. We were solid all over the park in the second half. Little wasteful upfront (we created some quality chances but didn't put them away), and defended well. Stoke aren't mugs and we were obviously short of confidence.
      All in all excellent from Brendao
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #21196: Dec 01, 2014 06:01:16 am
      Not a knock on br.. but do you guys think br suffers from a bit of small club mentality?

What i am saying is that he really doesnt have a long cv for managing a large squad.  It seems like his comfort zone is about 18 players as it is easier for him to people manage.  Could it be this year he has a larger squad and he himself isnt able to find his cl team vs prem team.. so when you jugging constantly the teamwork slips, players get a bit jaded and we start losing.

I have been thinking about this for some time now.  BR could instinctively be a creature of habit so he has a tendency to pick the same players. This means if you are on the fringe.. really hard to get back in. If you are starting xi... you get played a bit too much.

Would personally like to see more fringe players cycled into our squad so they can develop the system and teamwork.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #21197: Dec 01, 2014 07:34:41 am
      I am still waiting for Rogers to sort out our defense this is his third season and we are worse now than when he joined, the way he sidelined certain players then got rid of them tells me there is trouble up ahead with other players, already I am hearing all is not so rosy as he would have us believe between him and Gerrard, Lucas, Suso, and probably others my worry is if he keeps on this road he'll have us in the bottom half for keeps.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #21198: Dec 01, 2014 07:50:36 am
      Not a knock on br.. but do you guys think br suffers from a bit of small club mentality?

What i am saying is that he really doesnt have a long cv for managing a large squad.  It seems like his comfort zone is about 18 players as it is easier for him to people manage. 

It does appear that the size of the squad and the wage ceiling have very little to do with BR's CV or his communicating skills - what does directly affect every aspect of those factors are directives from executive level and Boston, Mass.

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #21199: Dec 01, 2014 08:20:46 am
      Press conference to be held at 10am today - anyone know what its about..?!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #21200: Dec 01, 2014 08:29:11 am
      Press conference to be held at 10am today - anyone know what its about..?!

Usual press conference before the game the following day.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #21201: Dec 01, 2014 09:31:51 am
      3 points - check.

Clean sheet - check.

Nonsensically lame spin ridden quote from someone who has no credibility in assessment of football - check
      JayC1560
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #21202: Dec 01, 2014 12:07:13 pm
      Nonsensically lame spin ridden quote from someone who has no credibility in assessment of football - check

Unnecessary ad hominem attack by one of the usual suspects - check
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #21203: Dec 01, 2014 12:15:34 pm
      Lot of checking in this thread. Check.
      JayC1560
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #21204: Dec 01, 2014 12:15:39 pm
      https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152888362550982

Great response on Match of the Day  ;D Is this real?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21205: Dec 01, 2014 12:20:39 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30276210

The anti Stevies  wont like this then .

Offered new contract  money no object

Check  Mate

Quick Reply