Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3066576 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #17411: Sep 14, 2014 01:28:31 pm
      Senderson was most definitely out there with the instruction to get the reaction from Balotelli the sh*te media claim is inherent in the player, credit to Mario for not being provoked but more to the point why wasn't the F***ing snide Senderson shown a red?

Maybe the ref mistook him for Senderos Stu? ;)

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #17412: Sep 14, 2014 02:51:33 pm
      Maybe the ref mistook him for Senderos Stu? ;)

Still distracted Ian with that woeful display, Senderos it was mate of course.
      Nevertheless a pr**k by any name.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #17413: Sep 14, 2014 04:00:04 pm
      In hindsight I imagine Brendan will look at the team that started the game yesterday and reflect upon the number of new signings in the line up. Balotelli, Markovic, Moreno, Manquillo, Lovren and Lallana was probably a face or two too many I think. Particularly when you consider that Lallana hasn't had a pre season and Markovic didn't get much of one in terms of games. Quite the opposite to the settled 12-13 players who took part in the run in last season. It was always going  to be tough losing Luis but take out Sturridge AND Sterling as he did yesterday.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #17414: Sep 14, 2014 06:00:14 pm
      Still distracted Ian with that woeful display, Senderos it was mate of course.
      Nevertheless a pr**k by any name.

I know what you mean mate but for me he was only doing what his gaffer told him to do, it was basically a condensed version of suarez/evra/ferguson, try and get shut of our main striker and frustrate him so he can't play his game. Shithouse tactics but unfortunately it benefitted them.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #17415: Sep 14, 2014 06:40:01 pm
      I know what you mean mate but for me he was only doing what his gaffer told him to do, it was basically a condensed version of suarez/evra/ferguson, try and get shut of our main striker and frustrate him so he can't play his game. Shithouse tactics but unfortunately it benefitted them.

Said the same thing earlier mate it was a definite tactic based on Balotelli's supposed trait of overly reacting to provocation.
      It did stifle him to an extent and maybe because he consciously kept his trigger in check the spontaneity of his game suffered.
      The fact that F***ing Stevie Wonder of a ref allowed the tactic to continue is a disgrace, hopefully there will be some action taken in hindsight by the FA. (Holding your breath is not advised)

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The reference to Mr Wonder is not in any way meant to prejudge or compromise his peculiarly excellent vocal talents.
      His collection of sunglasses is very relevant to the comment.       
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #17416: Sep 15, 2014 10:25:27 am
      Talk shows went mental after the game about leaving Sterling out. 

He didn't do it to set an example, he did it to give him a break thinking the starting 11 would do the job.  And it didn't.  Bad day.  Let's get over it.

Keyboard Warriors unite.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17417: Sep 15, 2014 10:49:09 am
      Brendan has a big juggling job to do this season, he has CL games to contend with and for the first time ever, a squad that he'll need to rotate.  The injuries haven't helped as he absolutely wouldn't have given debuts to so many players as he did on Saturday but I'm sure he'll take some positives from the loss.

Interesting that since the defeat Jordan rossiter and jerome Sinclair have been added to our CL squad list.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #17418: Sep 15, 2014 12:42:36 pm
      Is anyone comfortable singing it? :D

"God Save the Queen" is the most moronic excuse for a national anthem ever.
      It reminds of those morons on dogleads you'd see on Eurotrash. I mean haven't they got any self respect?

We really are the laughing stock of the world for having it. I'm saddened at how English players choose to sing it. A few yrs back hardly any of em did.

Reminds me of the "Last night of the pwoms" garbage. F**k me, truly horrendous spectacle of twattery that is.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #17419: Sep 15, 2014 12:55:42 pm
      Talk shows went mental after the game about leaving Sterling out. 

He didn't do it to set an example, he did it to give him a break thinking the starting 11 would do the job.  And it didn't.  Bad day.  Let's get over it.

Keyboard Warriors unite.

Should of played Sterling though, could of easily rested him against Ludogrets.

Sterling alongside Coutinho and one of Lallana or Markovic with Balotelli up top would of been more balanced.

Mario, Lallana and Markovic meant there were too many players trying to bed into the team.

Plus our captain's starting to look a shadow of his former self.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #17420: Sep 15, 2014 01:04:52 pm

Too true.  Really sorry to say that.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #17421: Sep 15, 2014 01:11:06 pm

Sterling alongside Coutinho and one of Lallana or Markovic with Balotelli up top would of been more balanced.

Mario, Lallana and Markovic meant there were too many players trying to bed into the team.

Maybe BR was thinking more about saving Sterling for the Rugrat game mate, higher stakes and all that as some would see it.
       To be honest maybe Stevie looked at the mass of learners and it could have been frustration creeping in with him thinking 'where the F**k do I start'?
      The wheels were falling off like an F1 tyre change team.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #17422: Sep 15, 2014 01:13:28 pm

To be fair to Gerrard, he's been a slow starter to the season for a while now.
      Once he gets his full fitness, I have no doubt he'll contribute more effectively.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #17423: Sep 15, 2014 01:23:50 pm
      Once he gets his full fitness, I have no doubt he'll contribute more effectively.

I hope so, I'm starting to question him for the first time ever :(

He has looked below average thus far and If things doesn't improve, I want to see Lucas given the chance.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #17424: Sep 15, 2014 01:25:30 pm
      Maybe BR was thinking more about saving Sterling for the Rugrat game mate, higher stakes and all that as some would see it.

Let's be honest, I reckon Villa was the more important game to win, we should do that Bulgarian lot at Anfield.

Maybe, but the more and more I watch I get that nagging Bob Paisley maxim going around in my head, you don't let players grow old on your own pitch.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #17425: Sep 15, 2014 01:30:42 pm

I still think Gerrard is haunted by the end of last season.
      Has to be.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #17426: Sep 15, 2014 02:13:40 pm
      Has to be.

He's not on his own.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #17427: Sep 15, 2014 02:15:38 pm

Yeah.
      *Stares off into the distance*
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #17428: Sep 15, 2014 02:21:38 pm
      Has to be.

Agree.

I think he believed it was our time and we let it go.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #17429: Sep 15, 2014 02:23:26 pm
      Agree.

I think he believed it was our time and we let it go.

Yup
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #17430: Sep 15, 2014 02:26:22 pm
      Yeah.
      *Stares off into the distance remembering that crucified look on Stevies face*

:depressed:

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17431: Sep 15, 2014 02:41:17 pm
      You really think Stevie is allowing last season to play on his mind?

I can't see it myself as that means he believes we/he won't get the opportunity to win the title again.  If he thought that he'd have retired in the summer, rather than put his body through an even more gruelling season.

I agree with Swab, he's a late starter and will get better but he needs Brendan to tell him he can't and shouldn't play every game.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #17432: Sep 15, 2014 02:44:56 pm
      You really think Stevie is allowing last season to play on his mind?

I can't see it myself as that means he believes we/he won't get the opportunity to win the title again.

I think it could be on his mind Debs.

No matter how much he tells himself we can still win it he may have that nagging doubt that last season was his chance.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17433: Sep 15, 2014 03:00:56 pm
      I think it could be on his mind Debs.

No matter how much he tells himself we can still win it he may have that nagging doubt that last season was his chance.

Then he's thinking like a fan rather than a professional footballer Si so Dr Peters needs to get to work getting that monkey off his shoulders.

Quick Reply