Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3066784 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #17618: Sep 29, 2014 08:56:52 am
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #17619: Sep 29, 2014 09:15:01 am
      The biggest factor where the Gaffer is concerned for me, is who he's brought in with the Suarez/FSG money. This really is his first big chance to stamp his mark on LFC. They're his signings, they represent his vision of the future for us.

Balotelli looks like a panic buy, a massive gamble, and his work ethic (which is sort of infused in him) tells me that gamble isn't going to pay off. Desperately needs Studge up there with him. 5/10

Markovic, well, the fact the Gaffer shelled out £20m on him tells me we need to wait until the lad's up to speed. But until then (and if that happens) he's been very poor. 2/10

Lallana looks like a very good signing. 7/10

Lovren is a weird one, he's both brilliant and dodgy at the same time. Hope he settles down. 6/10

Lambert, oh dear. Looks like he's just had his last good season at the top level. 2/10

Moreno is already the transfer of the season - a genuine world class player in the making. 9/10

Manquillo is two years younger than Moreno and it shows, but he's a good one for the future. 7/10

Can, looks a good signing too, he's impressed whilst only being half fit. 7/10

45/80

So all in all it's a bit hit and miss for me. I'm aware that it's early days and some of the above are either injured or bedding in, but right now it's a case of 'Must do better'.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #17620: Oct 01, 2014 08:26:22 am
      Rodgers warning on Sturridge fitness
      Brendan Rodgers has warned Daniel Sturridge will not be fit enough to play for England in this month's Euro 2016 qualifiers.
      Daniel has been sidelined since suffering a thigh strain while on England duty in September and as a consequence did not travel for tonight's CL tie at FC Basel.
      Brendan said ''if we're talking about players being picked for international duty then they need to be fit. Daniel certainly won't be fit''.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29438699

About time!
      F**k off Hodgson.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17621: Oct 01, 2014 10:40:04 am
      Rodgers warning on Sturridge fitness
      Brendan Rodgers has warned Daniel Sturridge will not be fit enough to play for England in this month's Euro 2016 qualifiers.
      Daniel has been sidelined since suffering a thigh strain while on England duty in September and as a consequence did not travel for tonight's CL tie at FC Basel.
      Brendan said ''if we're talking about players being picked for international duty then they need to be fit. Daniel certainly won't be fit''.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29438699

About time!
      F**k off Hodgson.

Brendan doesn't have a say though unfortunately. If Hodgson wanted to then he could still pick him, it's up to Sturridge to withdraw.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #17622: Oct 01, 2014 10:51:13 am
      Brendan doesn't have a say though unfortunately. If Hodgson wanted to then he could still pick him, it's up to Sturridge to withdraw.

BR has no doubt made the statement ''to those it may concern'', the involved parties will have noted the manager's concerns and any future commitments acted out as a reflection of their willingness to back his authority.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #17623: Oct 01, 2014 12:54:32 pm
      Handling Sakho situe well and now im pwoud of the telling engerland to do 1.

The last international break screwed us big time, lost studger, allen & skirtel, just as the team was looking decent, set us back a lot did that last break.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17624: Oct 01, 2014 01:34:34 pm
      They had none, but Rodgers is neither Klopp not Simeone. That's the difference. Klopp is a tactical mastermind and Simeone is a defense wizard.

When everything was good last season, Brendan was praised as a God. Now it's his chance to prove that he deserves that praise.

True. Very true .  Year three of contract.
      The ruthless objective is to improve on last season and there many reasons / excuses why this may not happen in league standings or otherwise.
      Rafa dined out on a night in Istanbul for a few years after ...... we dont want any one else doing the same.
      Adopt adapt improve.

Studge.
      One in the eye for owl face.
      Seeing as we supply a few England lads  we ought to boycott the team and the shove it up Hodgson and the FA at the same time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #17625: Oct 01, 2014 01:52:55 pm
      They had none, but Rodgers is neither Klopp not Simeone. That's the difference. Klopp is a tactical mastermind and Simeone is a defense wizard.

When everything was good last season, Brendan was praised as a God. Now it's his chance to prove that he deserves that praise.

Or you could be talking sh*te, if Klopp is a tactical mastermind, his Dortmund team should of beat Bayern at Wembley, they never. And if Simeone is such a defensive wizard, why did Atletico ship four in a F***ing final.

By the way anyone claiming Rodgers to be a God, needs to calm the F**k down, I'd let him win a few trophies first before I start comparing him to Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Kenny or Rafa!!

Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #17626: Oct 01, 2014 02:17:11 pm
      Or you could be talking sh*te, if Klopp is a tactical mastermind, his Dortmund team should of beat Bayern at Wembley, they never. And if Simeone is such a defensive wizard, why did Atletico ship four in a f**king final.

By the way anyone claiming Rodgers to be a God, needs to calm the f**k down, I'd let him win a few trophies first before I start comparing him to Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Kenny or Rafa!!

I would be extremely happy with Rodgers if he lead us in a ChL final against either Bayern or Real and loose.
      But I am afraid that we will not even qualify from the group stage with our current form.

And do not forget.
      Klopp is in Dortmund from 2008 and in 6 years he has won 2 championships one cup, and he played in a ChL final
      Simeone in in Atletico from 2011 and in three years he has won 1 championship, 1 cup, 1 Europa League, 1 UEFA super cup and played once in a ChL final.

I very much doubt that Brendan could not even reach these achievements in a decade if he does not change some things drastically and quick.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #17627: Oct 01, 2014 02:19:51 pm
      I would be extremely happy with Rodgers if he lead us in a ChL final against either Bayern or Real and loose.
      But I am afraid that we will not even qualify from the group stage with our current form.

And do not forget.
      Klopp is in Dortmund from 2008 and in 6 years he has won 2 championships one cup, and he played in a ChL final
      Simeone in in Atletico from 2011 and in three years he has won 1 championship, 1 cup, 1 Europa League, 1 UEFA super cup and played once in a ChL final.

I very much doubt that Brendan could not even reach these achievements in a decade if he does not change some things drastically and quick.

Then why don't you F**k off and support F***ing Dortmund or Atletico if you haven't got any F***ing faith in our manager?

Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #17628: Oct 01, 2014 02:29:14 pm
      Then why don't you f**k off and support f**king Dortmund or Atletico if you haven't got any f**king faith in our manager?

The club is above any manager my friend. And i will not support a team according to any F***ing manager.
      And yes when the manager is under performing I have all the rights to criticize him. That's the manager's job. When the team is not performing well is the manager's job to make the players perform. It is unfair to blame only the players and our "bad luck" due to injuries.

The previous years we were tolerant and we were saying that BR did not make his choices; he found players from previous managers; etc etc.
      This year is the first F***ing year that he had complete control in the transfers, he bought so many players and yes I expect that we will play at least attractive football. I cannot see that and I will speak of it.

If you are happy with the mediocrity, close your eyes and pretend that we have won everything.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #17629: Oct 01, 2014 02:33:38 pm
      The club is above any manager my friend. And i will not support a team according to any F***ing manager.
      And yes when the manager is under performing I have all the rights to criticize him. That's the manager's job. When the team is not performing well is the manager's job to make the players perform. It is unfair to blame only the players and our "bad luck" due to injuries.

The previous years we were tolerant and we were saying that BR did not make his choices; he found players from previous managers; etc etc.
      This year is the first F***ing year that he had complete control in the transfers, he bought so many players and yes I expect that we will play at least attractive football. I cannot see that and I will speak of it.

If you are happy with the mediocrity, close your eyes and pretend that we have won everything.

Apart from the Super Cup, I've seen MY F***ing hometown club win everything you cheeky c**t and that includes the league and Champions League. When did you start supporting us, 2005?

This team has up to seven new players, that needs time to gel, you just reek of someone who is a gloryhunter!

Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #17630: Oct 01, 2014 02:40:13 pm
      Apart from the Super Cup, I've seen MY f**king hometown club win everything you cheeky c**t and that includes the league and Champions League. When did you start supporting us, 2005?

This team has up to seven new players, that needs time to gel, you just reek of someone who is a gloryhunter!

I support Liverpool from 1993 and I am from Greece.
      Tell me how many leagues and cups we have won since then and then answer your question if I am a gloryhunter or not.

Seven new players, who cost 91mil Euros and they cannot even score a goal in 6 matches...come on be realistic and admit that most of them are poor overrated choices. We paid a ton of money for players that will score maximum 20 goals all of them together in the season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #17631: Oct 01, 2014 02:48:14 pm
      Tell me how many leagues and cups we have won since then and then answer your question if I am a gloryhunter or not.

Seven new players, who cost 91mil Euros and they cannot even score a goal in 6 matches...come on be realistic and admit that most of them are poor overrated choices. We paid a ton of money for players that will score maximum 20 goals all of them together in the season.

Great, another poster who knows nothing about football.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #17632: Oct 01, 2014 02:49:58 pm

One Champions League, One Uefa Cup, Two FA Cups, Four League Cups, Two Super Cups, still more than a lot of other teams have won.

Get off the managers back and stop being a moaning pr**k.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #17633: Oct 01, 2014 02:59:06 pm
      Brendan in losing Luis and not having Daniel has virtually lost at least 1 goal per game if not more it is going to take time to adjust and I think tonight could actually be the start of our season. Good feelings about tonight.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #17634: Oct 01, 2014 03:03:25 pm
      One Champions League, One Uefa Cup, Two FA Cups, Four League Cups, Two Super Cups, still more than a lot of other teams have won.

Get off the managers back and stop being a moaning pr**k.

What's moaning pr**k in Greek?
      Oh right - Gabri.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #17635: Oct 01, 2014 03:10:10 pm
      What's moaning pr**k in Greek?
      Oh right - Gabri.

Can we set up a moaning pr**ks thread and lump in that section of posters to have a moan fest and save the rest of us?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #17636: Oct 01, 2014 03:14:11 pm
      Can we set up a moaning pr**ks thread and lump in that section of posters to have a moan fest and save the rest of us?

Here's a better idea. Why don't we recognise that people are entitled to their opinions, even if those opinions are not shared. There's no reason to start hurling abuse at each other simply because you disagree.  :roll:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #17637: Oct 01, 2014 03:23:01 pm
      Here's a better idea. Why don't we recognise that people are entitled to their opinions, even if those opinions are not shared. There's no reason to start hurling abuse at each other simply because you disagree.  :roll:

Harmless banter mate, no abuse intended.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #17638: Oct 01, 2014 03:29:03 pm
      Harmless banter mate, no abuse intended.

Jeez there's some sensitive Sally's on this forum!
      Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #17639: Oct 01, 2014 03:59:29 pm
      All of you fine gents who mock me and know everything about football, you are so blind-dedicated to the team ( and believe me i know about blind-dedicated football fans here in Greece) that you cannot see what is wrong and what is right.

And I do not even say anything bad about Rodgers. I just say that it is know the time to prove that our praise for last year's performance is valid. That is all I said and you called me a c**t and a F***ing moron.

Come on, get your red and white glasses off and look what is going on. I am going to be the first one to say that he's the man, if he manage to change our current underachieving performance. But I am not going to say that everything is great if we end up 7th in the league.

Imagine that you own a company that does not perform well and nobody says anything to you to change some things. It is mathematically sure that you are going to close down.

If we do not critisize the problems they are never going to be solved. We are backing the manager but we critisize some things that seem not to work with the current team.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #17640: Oct 01, 2014 04:07:32 pm
      All of you fine gents who mock me and know everything about football, you are so blind-dedicated to the team ( and believe me i know about blind-dedicated football fans here in Greece) that you cannot see what is wrong and what is right.

And I do not even say anything bad about Rodgers. I just say that it is know the time to prove that our praise for last year's performance is valid. That is all I said and you called me a c**t and a F***ing moron.

Come on, get your red and white glasses off and look what is going on. I am going to be the first one to say that he's the man, if he manage to change our current underachieving performance. But I am not going to say that everything is great if we end up 7th in the league.

Imagine that you own a company that does not perform well and nobody says anything to you to change some things. It is mathematically sure that you are going to close down.

If we do not critisize the problems they are never going to be solved. We are backing the manager but we critisize some things that seem not to work with the current team.

Jesus chill brother; we know we face an uphill struggle with the new lads etc, we are fully aware that the manager is not a magician with a wand - to rubbish both on a support base such as this is asking for some colourful response, truth be told you seem to have got off lightly.

Quick Reply