Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3047187 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #18423: Oct 23, 2014 07:18:52 pm
      Roy Evans had Houlier forced upon him because it was felt Roy was defensively niave.

And what happened shortly after that Walt?

You sure you don't want a change at the top mate?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #18424: Oct 23, 2014 07:25:28 pm
      And what happened shortly after that Walt?

You sure you don't want a change at the top mate?

I thought it was a shitty thing to do as Roy Evans produced a team that was every thing a Liverpool team should be and he played Kids too. Houlier depressed the life out of the club over the years with very negative football.He did win trophies though.
      Let me ask a question how long do we wait before the damage is too far gone and our defensive players have ZERO confidence.
      Personally I think we don't need a coach we need a defensive midfield play rather than having Stevie back there.
      Lucas is the only one we have.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #18425: Oct 23, 2014 07:28:42 pm
      reading through other threads it appears lots of us are saying that Stevie either needs dropping or moving his position.
      Does Brendan have big enough balls to drop Stevie? that's a bigone
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #18426: Oct 23, 2014 07:37:56 pm
      Interesting, who in your opinion played worse or the same as Balotelli then, in fact has anyone played at a worse level so far this season than Balotelli, bearing in mind that Balotelli's main job is to score goals and assist in goals, a job for which he is 0 and 0 up to this point in the league.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend Balotelli's poor displays. I don't even rate him :p but he doesn't deserve to be the scapegoat. It's not his fault we're not playing to his strengths (even to his strengths I believe he would be average at best). The real problem seems to lie within the management team.

A lot of people taking about a defensive coach or better defenders, the truth is a defensive coach or better defenders wouldn't make that much difference.
       BR set the team up to play football.
       Our problem is stopping other teams from playing football, it is not a defensive problem it is a team problem.
       BR has to think about stopping the opposition, you cant always out play the other team 

I too am not sure whether a defensive coach would help. I think it's the system we play which leaves us vulnerable defensively. Still believe we have the players to fix this and become a solidify unit. Whether Rodgers will do that or not is another matter, I just feel he needs to gamble a bit!. Hope he fixes things ASAP.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #18427: Oct 23, 2014 07:50:29 pm
      I'm trying to figure that out too mate. He got a side promoted. That side mustn't have done too badly.
      The Swansea team which Brendan took to 11th in the Premiere League conceded 51 goals (11 more than us that season).
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #18428: Oct 23, 2014 08:09:46 pm
      The Swansea team which Brendan took to 11th in the Premiere League conceded 51 goals (11 more than us that season).

that's 134 in 3 seasons then hmmm quite a record certainly well more than a goal a game
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #18429: Oct 23, 2014 08:33:10 pm

That the season Kenny got us a trophy Mouse?.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18430: Oct 23, 2014 08:35:50 pm
      F***ing inconsequential trivial sh*te you pick up time and time and time again.

What next? 'Brendan wears the wrong shoes, Kenny would never have dared'.

Jesus christ....

With respect  just F**k off mate.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 1507 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #18431: Oct 23, 2014 08:40:50 pm
      that's 134 in 3 seasons then hmmm quite a record certainly well more than a goal a game
      That's mind blowing!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #18432: Oct 23, 2014 08:48:01 pm

it could also be the source of the problem
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,198 posts | 1275 
      Reply #18433: Oct 23, 2014 08:48:25 pm
      I wonder if you would of had the guts to mouth off at other REDS  on the old KOP the way you mouth off at posters  on this forum. If posters feel the need to criticize or praise Brendan Rodgers they have every right to.

Of course I would, I'd be F***ing appalled at fans who criticise the manager for trivial unimportant things. What kind of Liverpool fan is it to hate upon a manager who has delivered us from the F***ing nadir and has worked his socks off for the club, at the same time respecting our traditions. But the majority who go to games actually do back the manager - the 'Brendan Rodgers' song is still constantly sung - there is the true Liverpool support right there. Since when was it cool to start lambasting a manager who has seen us progress? Okay right, some might not agree with the management, but when it gets personal? Well, it's the height of disrespect. These 'fans' go on about 'the Liverpool Way' - hardly the Liverpool way to be so rude.

And get this - what the F**k has he actually done wrong to deserve such petty abuse? Abuse he is receiving for a competition that HE GOT US TO.

By all means, if some folk want to live in mediocrity and think winning the League Cup against the mighty Cardiff is superior to competing in the Champions League no matter what the results are, then continue to live with such delusions. I stand by what I said last night - I'd rather we be in the Champions League at any cost (defeats or wins) than have a sh*t league performance but win the League Cup. Any sane rational fan would agree with that. If you prefer the latter, then go and support Birmingham City and hail Alex McCleish as the best thing since sliced bread because as that is obviously the height of your ambitions. Ambition obviously isn't a word a minority on here understand.

I don't know how low this forum can go - the man who got us back into the Champions League after a long absence isn't allowed to be given time. Apparently, he doesn't deserve it. It seems to me that some have amnesia on here and forget how F***ing low this club went the past five years.

Well lets get one thing straight - Brendan was the man who got us back competing with the very best. Nobody else.

For that, he deserves OUR respect, and OUR patience. HE HAS EARNT IT. I'm ashamed that a minority section on this board think so poorly of Rodgers. I cannot believe it - there is no thanks given to him at all. A little bit of appreciation and gratitude for what he has done to us would be great, just a little tiny bit, but F**k that - why the F**k is he driving a Porsche?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,198 posts | 1275 
      Reply #18434: Oct 23, 2014 08:49:15 pm
      With respect  just f**k off mate.

Respect our manager or F**k off.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #18435: Oct 23, 2014 08:54:21 pm

You can respect the manager and question his decisions.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #18436: Oct 23, 2014 08:57:33 pm

Re: Andre Villas Boas's Football Philosophy

โ†’ Reply #109 : May 21, 2012, 11:35:37 PM ยป

๏„ Quote (selected)

I still don't get the FSG obsession with looking at the two manager's who simply have on their CV's 'keeping their respective teams in the league'. Until they are proven with a bigger team, then Rodgers and Martinez are massive no go areas.
      SOn of a gun's opinion of Brendan....
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,198 posts | 1275 
      Reply #18437: Oct 23, 2014 09:00:21 pm

Re: Andre Villas Boas's Football Philosophy

โ†’ Reply #109 : May 21, 2012, 11:35:37 PM ยป

๏„ Quote (selected)

I still don't get the FSG obsession with looking at the two manager's who simply have on their CV's 'keeping their respective teams in the league'. Until they are proven with a bigger team, then Rodgers and Martinez are massive no go areas.
      SOn of a gun's opinion of Brendan....

He wasn't the manager though was he? You re-write history like the Chinese, probably fond of dictatorship like the CCP too.

Read on my friend to the first press conference and you will see my moment of enlightenment.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,198 posts | 1275 
      Reply #18438: Oct 23, 2014 09:02:21 pm
      You can respect the manager and question his decisions.

Eurored does not respect the man at all. Criticising his appearance and all that? That's not respect.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #18439: Oct 23, 2014 09:04:37 pm
      He wasn't the manager though was he? You re-write history like the Chinese, probably fond of dictatorship like the CCP too.

Read on my friend to the first press conference and you will see my moment of enlightenment.

so you change your mind easily or do you just like to go with what ever is the current trend.
      Your words not mine you do not rate Brendan Rodgers.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,198 posts | 1275 
      Reply #18440: Oct 23, 2014 09:05:17 pm
      Just listened to the full press conference, and no man or any other manager could have done as perfect a press conference as that. He got everything spot on and nothing seemed contrived. A touch of class like no other manager.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #18441: Oct 23, 2014 09:07:47 pm
      Son of a Gun, you come across as the original internet hard man to me, I doubt you ever stood on the old KOP as you would not of lasted 2 minutes mouthing off. Also what gives you the right to tell  other posters they are wrong in their assessment of Brendan Rodgers, they are entitled to their opinions whether  you agree with them or not.Fans criticised Don Welsh in the 1950s and they had every right to, people criticised Souness in The 1990s were they also wrong. Even the late great Bill Shankly got criticised at times ,the only managers I cannot recall being criticised in my time supporting L.F.C. were Bob Paisley and Joe Fagan. I suggest you start reading the history books and getting an insight into what made this club great.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,198 posts | 1275 
      Reply #18442: Oct 23, 2014 09:08:18 pm
      so you change your mind easily or do you just like to go with what ever is the current trend.
      Your words not mine you do not rate Brendan Rodgers.

My brother showed me videos of him on Match of the Day, some useful articles to read up about him prior to his appointment.

My brother convinced me he WAS the man. A little bit of educating myself went a long way to the point I was fully on board when he was appointed.

Remember that, a little bit of education goes a long way.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #18443: Oct 23, 2014 09:08:42 pm
      Eurored does not respect the man at all. Criticising his appearance and all that? That's not respect.

You are falling prey to a bit of wind up mate. Need to take yourself a little less seriously.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #18444: Oct 23, 2014 09:10:42 pm
      My brother showed me videos of him on Match of the Day, some useful articles to read up about him prior to his appointment.

My brother convinced me he WAS the man. A little bit of educating myself went a long way to the point I was fully on board when he was appointed.

Remember that, a little bit of education goes a long way.

well its certainly clear that you received a little bit of Education.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #18445: Oct 23, 2014 09:12:43 pm

so you made up your mind on a sound bite that this man was the new Shankly a manager like no other I think you said.
      what would you say to Brendans last 3 full seasons when his team conceded over 130 league goals ?.

Quick Reply