Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3048026 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #20999: Nov 26, 2014 01:11:16 pm
      Working his way through the L's then?

Kind of struck me that the Champion's League pressers didn't always include Gerrard. He's got the most experience and he IS the captain.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21000: Nov 26, 2014 02:34:57 pm
      One of our strikers scored a goal, it was either a press conference or an open top bus parade.... Lambert chose the press conference.

Cracked Me Up

;D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #21001: Nov 26, 2014 03:21:45 pm
      Yes it's ridiculous who Brendan brings to his press conferences these days, he's a f*cking embarrassment. Don't even get me started on the bit of dandruff that I couldn't help but notice on his collar the other day.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #21002: Nov 26, 2014 03:33:27 pm
      I am sure Brendan would like to add Martinez if he thinks he will fit, as with Reus we will be competing against another 20 teams for the signature, it's a lot tougher to get these sort of players than you seem to think.

Granted that's why we have to act fast and not dilly daddle in the market like we usually do looking to get the player as cheap as possible. Though funnily enough we never dilly daddle when it comes to PL players we throw money at them in fact providing the wages are low. So we overspend on PL players so we can sign them up on low wages and we underspend on foreign market players to compensate for higher wages paid. Our transfer policy is as shambolic as our defence.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #21003: Nov 26, 2014 04:25:23 pm
      Granted that's why we have to act fast and not dilly daddle in the market like we usually do looking to get the player as cheap as possible. Though funnily enough we never dilly daddle when it comes to PL players we throw money at them in fact providing the wages are low. So we overspend on PL players so we can sign them up on low wages and we underspend on foreign market players to compensate for higher wages paid. Our transfer policy is as shambolic as our defence.

Isn't it "dilly dally"? Not that it matters overly but f*ck me if Brendan said that we'd be all over him like a rash.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #21004: Nov 26, 2014 05:18:41 pm
      If you want to compare notes on supporting this club then where do you want to start ,on the number of years supported ,the number of games attended or the number of finals attended.You start.

Chinese burns. How many Chinese burns you endured over the years off groups of Leeds supporters because you were the only Liverpool supporter in the school. Panini stickers? Never really got into them meself but they could be a good barometer. I did see Ken Dodd live once, I'd definately throw that in, and I liked the Liver birds.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #21005: Nov 26, 2014 06:03:29 pm
      Chinese burns. How many Chinese burns you endured over the years off groups of Leeds supporters because you were the only Liverpool supporter in the school. Panini stickers? Never really got into them meself but they could be a good barometer. I did see Ken Dodd live once, I'd definately throw that in, and I liked the Liver birds.

Ken Dodd....... Come on Mick you know there's some stuff you never admit to!

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #21006: Nov 26, 2014 06:08:01 pm
      Come on gaffer get it right tonight. Keep the wolves from the door
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #21007: Nov 26, 2014 06:09:54 pm
      Come on gaffer get it right tonight. Keep the wolves from the door

The wolves will never leave the door Brian...they may slip on a sheepskin coat, but they'll always be there ;)
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #21008: Nov 26, 2014 09:55:29 pm
      time go football very depressing watch, not even winning playing ugly, cant see us get top 4 or win anything time go brenden rodgers
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,332 posts | 281 
      Reply #21009: Nov 26, 2014 10:02:10 pm
      I've never called for BR to go and I'm not likely to BUT I can't quite bring myself to defend him either..ya know what I mean? I'm sure I'm not on my own with that thinking.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #21010: Nov 26, 2014 10:22:32 pm
      Our man is loosing the plot & it's showing in our performances.

Can the real Brendan Rodgers please stand up!.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21011: Nov 26, 2014 10:25:23 pm
      You are manager of the mighty Liverpool Football Club.
      You have all the blarney , the control , new staff , 25 new players , £200 million spent  and all the answers.

Proud of yourself are you ?
      Another £ 100k hitting your bank for a weeks work.

Remember when you joined LFC the three names in an envelope trick you lifted from Fergie ?

Whose name will be in there this year ?

Rodgers uses old Fergie envelope trick by claiming he knows three Reds will let Liverpool down

By Sportsmail Reporter

Published: 09:44, 12 October 2012 | Updated: 11:04, 12 October 2012

Brendan Rodgers copied a Sir Alex Ferguson mind game used almost 20 years ago - and it backfired as Liverpool went down 3-0 on the first day of the season.

The Reds boss had shown his team three envelopes and said inside were the names of three players who will 'let us down this year'.

Ferguson had done this in 1993 to ensure his squad did not let their first title success in two decades go to their heads - however he later revealed the envelopes had been empty.

Rodgers said to his team: 'When I arrived here, the first few days were analysing the group, the staff, the players.

'I think there’s three players who will let us down this year — the cause, the fight, everything. And I have written them down already.

'Now my point to you as players — and staff — is make sure you are not the one in the envelope, because you are so important.

'If we are going to achieve, to be the best we can, we need to be together. But I think there’s three, maximum, who will let us down.
      Make sure you’re not the one.'

The manager's talk did not seem to win over Steven Gerrard, who watched on with his head propped up by his arms.

Rodgers' trick will be shown on the latest episode of 'Being: Liverpool', screened on Channel 5 on Friday night.

It has not been revealed who was named inside the envelopes although there is speculation.

The Liverpool players look a bit underwhelmed by the idea

'It was designed to motivate, to make players determined not to be in that envelope, ensuring they are focused and "plugged in" all season.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2216654/Brendan-Rodgers-envelope-trick-Liverpool-boss-picks-players-let-team-down.html#ixzz3KDU38n3h
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2014 10:40:07 pm by eurored »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #21012: Nov 26, 2014 10:49:41 pm
      Last time we finished second in the league, in the following season we finished 7th and didn't get out of the CL group. Brendan has a good chance to do better than that, starting with beating Basle in a fortnight.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #21013: Nov 26, 2014 10:52:14 pm
      (Lack of) performances on the field aside, the thing that really pissed me off with Hodgson was the constant repeated drivel he used to spout in the post match interviews.

Have to say, Brendan is not far off that now, I'm sorry but no one in a red shirt was outstanding tonight and I'm getting sick of hearing the same thing game after game.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #21014: Nov 26, 2014 10:54:58 pm
      Last time we finished second in the league, in the following season we finished 7th and didn't get out of the CL group. Brendan has a good chance to do better than that, starting with beating Basle in a fortnight.

So the fact we were sh*te the last season after we finished 2nd with different manager. owners and players excuses us for being sh*te this season with our current manager, owners and players?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #21015: Nov 26, 2014 10:57:13 pm
      (Lack of) performances on the field aside, the thing that really pissed me off with Hodgson was the constant repeated drivel he used to spout in the post match interviews.

Have to say, Brendan is not far off that now, I'm sorry but no one in a red shirt was outstanding tonight and I'm getting sick of hearing the same thing game after game.

Brendan would say ur showin poor characterrr to that :P
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #21016: Nov 26, 2014 10:59:37 pm
      So the fact we were sh*te the last season after we finished 2nd with different manager. owners and players excuses us for being sh*te this season with our current manager, owners and players?

Of course it doesn't, no. The point is though that the season isn't over yet, our destiny is still in our own hands and Brendan has an opportunity to do much better.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #21017: Nov 26, 2014 11:00:07 pm

We also didn't spunk 120m in that window either.

We sold Alonso, Arbeloa and Leto for 37m.

Brought in Aquilani, Johnson, Mavinga and Kyrgiakos for 38.5m.

Do remember that the Aquilani deal was not a straight 20m rather some complicated instalment transfer deal split into 4 x 5m instalments.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #21018: Nov 26, 2014 11:00:25 pm
      Outstanding.
      Tremendous character.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #21019: Nov 26, 2014 11:01:08 pm
      We also didn't spunk 120m in that window either.

And we were a European away goal away from a European final.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #21020: Nov 26, 2014 11:01:27 pm
      Outstanding.
      Tremendous character.

Repeat after every game no matter what. ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #21021: Nov 26, 2014 11:01:33 pm
      We have to stop rot before we move on and that was achieved tonight lets build on that against Stoke.

Quick Reply