Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3046976 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #37168: Oct 02, 2015 09:13:01 am
      I want Roy over this Narcissistic Bluffer.

Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #37169: Oct 02, 2015 09:14:21 am
      I just don't understand how you can build any consistency or momentum, when you overhaul the team, formation and tactics every game. The team against Villa and Everton should be playing at home against Carlisle\Sion....ffs he has proved and said he doesn't have the tools, so why does he play them?

We could have won 4-5 games in a row if he would stop F***ing about, we would be going into the Derby with high confidence, instead impending doom.
      As for Sturridge, why doe we have to rest him - he is an athlete, albeit with dodgy legs, they are going to go at some point, so why try and predict when, play him, win games, get confidence and if he gets injured then so what?

One last thing, he says he can improve players...he obviously doesn't include defenders or goalkeepers as every single one of them has gone backwards under his management.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37170: Oct 02, 2015 09:19:16 am
      I know Sturridge will have to be eased in but our team has little or no confidence.All the more reason for a strong side to play last night if they had come away with a 6 goal thumping of Sion before the Derby  it would have done them the world of good. If players cannot recover in 62 hours then what the F**k is going on. Sion was hardly going to be a full on 110% game and with playing a weak side were does that leave us. Everytime he makes a decision lately it seems to be the wrong one.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #37171: Oct 02, 2015 10:16:09 am
      His post match interviews wind me the F**k up, he just comes across as clueless which makes it even worse, last two performances (last two seasons actually) have been embarrassing and the squad just isnt that bad, the players just look gutless, and when you play sh*te you should be scared to go in that dressing room, Brenda and the welsh xavi are about as inspiring as a fart in a spacesuit!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #37172: Oct 02, 2015 10:51:29 am
      It happens to the best of them in the end. The training routines become a little tedious, the team talks a little predictable, the belief around the place that we've "got the right man in charge" ebbs away. Those on the fringes and not in the team find that their whispers of discontentment get listened to even by those actually in the starting eleven, some of whom bemoan the lack of pattern or the position they are asked to play in. There are phone calls at night between members of the squad who bemoan the lack of quality in some of their teammates, the lack of quality in the coach, and they finish by urging each other to keep their chin up as "something will have to give" soon.

People call it "losing the dressing room" but in reality everyone who has ever worked for a living and has had a line manager will have seen the same scenario. It doesn't have to be a "dressing room" as such, it could be a factory floor or even a political party where a leader is doomed. It's normally fairly easy to spot, probably even easier to smell, and the stench of discontent emanating out of the TV last night was enough to turn the stomach. The little giveaways are in the body language, the reaction to mistakes by teammates, the signs of little cliques whereby certain players are more prone to pass to particular others, in rolls of the eyes and knowing looks when the ball doesn't come in time.

When the sh!t hits the fan as it is doing in increasing mass every week at Anfield, people look after themselves. They vow not to be the one to make a mistake, not to put themselves out to encourage others, to concentrate "on their own game" so that when the dust settles there'll still be a place in the squad for them. They play with a safety first policy at the front of their minds (for most of us it translates to fear), they are loathe to take a risk with a first time pass, a dribble or even to dwell a fraction longer on the ball to wait for a door to open. In fear they play two touch, one to control it and one to roll it along to the next potential f*cker upper. Like an inverted game of pass the parcel, the ball is treated like a bomb which is about to go off at any moment and all touches are delicate, slow and deliberate so as not to agitate the explosive consequences.

I'm loathe to criticise the players too much, or to judge them. Players such as young Jordan Ibe have shown me that he has the potential to be very good, but that he is currently very bad is neither beyond dispute nor in all probability his fault. Emre Can is another young player with vast potential, but as he wrestles with his natural inclination to play in midfield and the instructions to play "in a back three" you can see his game unravelling, sadly so can he and he gets progressively worse by the week.

It's all a bit of a mess really and something needs to happen soon. For the long term good of the football club Danny Sturridge has come back at the worst time possible. Superb player that he is he will win us matches on his own (as he did on Saturday where we certainly wouldn't have won without him). He will be a sticking plaster while he stays fit though, scoring heavily and concealing the cancer which lies beneath. Should he have a good day on Sunday, he may even do enough to secure a result at Goodison, and as I said so good is he that he will in all probability score at least once. That won't change things though even if he does perform heroics, even though it will represent "five games unbeaten" or whatever it'll be. We are lost as a club, and now sadly lost as a team too.

My guess is the new manager if/when Brendan gets the push won't be Klopp or Ancellotti, not under these owners. It'll be someone already employed by the club, step forward Gary McAllister. He wouldn't be my choice either, but at least he'll put the mythical "smile back on the face" of the players. He might play 4-4-2 and actually employ a system which the players can work with and understand, and at least we'll "go for it" a bit more than we do currently. Seeing young Joe Gomez and Koulo Toure pass it to each other six or seven times straight from the kick off yesterday, without a willing teammate to give it to was a sad sight to see. Perhaps you have to be a Liverpool supporter to see it, or even at the very least a football fan, which is why the owners can't or won't see it. Ayre and Gordon won't see it obviously, because if they do they may as well tell the owners that they've had a hand in the waste of a huge sum of money (which they have).

Even if you're not a football fan though, even if you know nothing about the game, just as a human being there must surely be enough perception in everyone, enough empathy to recognise a group of people who are floundering under the pressure, led by a man who is drowning under it. It's time for a change, it probably was earlier, but it certainly is now.             
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #37173: Oct 02, 2015 10:57:31 am

I am immensely enjoying the job, it is a great challenge and it is a rebuilding job again.

Rodgers tonight.

Quote Of The Year .

Just saw his post match, how anyone can back him after his 4th year and £300m spent he has the temerity to claim "it's a rebuilding job again". Oh right because we're rebuilding the side that:

Couldn't beat a Tim Sherwood managed Villa side.
      Couldn't beat a Chelsea side.
      Couldn't finish higher than 6th in the league.
      Couldn't get out of a CL group with Basel and Ludogorets in it.
      Couldn't beat Besiktas in the first knockout phase of the Europa League.
      Couldn't score more than 52 goals in a league campaign.
      Couldn't concede less than 48 goals in a league campaign.

We're rebuilding that are we?

Anyone who believes the word "rebuilding" last night is a F***ing moron. You never built anything Brendan, Luis Suarez conned the world that you were a decent manager. Four years and you can't build a defence to save your life. Four years and you can't play people in their correct positions, last night Ibe being a prime example. Four years and you still can't shoulder the blame of your moronic tactics and moronic team selections. The only thing you're actually and honestly trying to rebuild is your reputation and that's what means most to you! It's in tatters, you're exposed, you're in over your head, always have been.

Rebuilding, cheeky F***ing c**t!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #37174: Oct 02, 2015 11:05:22 am
      I've actually reached the apathy stage now as it seems that no matter how bad we get, nothing is going to be done to put things right.  If those in charge still think that this experiment is going to work at some stage in the future then is it worth us getting so worked up about it.

They don't care what we think, they don't care about winning so let's leave them to it and see how far they get without us.

If WE truly want our OUR Club back then moaning on here about it isn't going to achieve that.  Turning up at Anfield every week isn't going to achieve that.  We're all angry at what we've witnessed over the last 15 months, social media since March/April time should have left them in doubt about how we feel but they've chosen to ignore it. 

They did exactly the same 5 years ago.  They thought it was perfectly normal to leave an incompetent fool in charge of the football when they took over.  They thought it would be fine to wait until the summer, even though the idiots had no intention of keeping him on. 

If you really want things to change then stop giving them your money - it's the only thing they understand.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #37175: Oct 02, 2015 11:05:48 am
      I hear you Luke. I posted this in the match thread but it sits comfortably in here too...

"Many, many, moons ago I got slated [along with Blood, I believe] for calling Brendan a "bull-shi**er". It was rightly pointed out that all managers tell porkies. Rather than argue the toss over the difference I let it lie but... this?

There is [or at least there shouldn't be] no F***ing way Brendan should be enjoying what is happening. In fact; he should be totally scundered. He just has to be bull-shitting.

The scary thing for me (if he's not bull-shitting) is that this being said without irony; that is being said by a man who feels comfortable saying it; that he is assured of his position and that is just wrong.

He shouldn't be feeling comfortable or assured: he should be showing shame, anger, aggression and the passion to get things right: not bull-shitting bull-shitters.

I've had enough."
        :-[
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #37176: Oct 02, 2015 11:07:42 am
      I hear you Luke. I posted this in the match thread but it sits comfortably in here too...

"Many, many, moons ago I got slated [along with Blood, I believe] for calling Brendan a "bull-shi**er". It was rightly pointed out that all managers tell porkies. Rather than argue the toss over the difference I let it lie but... this?

There is [or at least there shouldn't be] no f**king way Brendan should be enjoying what is happening. In fact; he should be totally scundered. He just has to be bull-shitting.

The scary thing for me (if he's not bull-shitting) is that this being said without irony; that is being said by a man who feels comfortable saying it; that he is assured of his position and that is just wrong.

He shouldn't be feeling comfortable or assured: he should be showing shame, anger, aggression and the passion to get things right: not bull-shitting bull-shitters.

I've had enough."
        :-[

Couldn't agree more mate and I remember the bullshit debate, it started over the Pepe comments I believe and I was right with you on that as I with you now.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #37177: Oct 02, 2015 11:09:21 am

That's right BBB, both you and I seen straight through him, very early in his tenure.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #37178: Oct 02, 2015 11:16:55 am
      I've actually reached the apathy stage now as it seems that no matter how bad we get, nothing is going to be done to put things right.  If those in charge still think that this experiment is going to work at some stage in the future then is it worth us getting so worked up about it.

They don't care what we think, they don't care about winning so let's leave them to it and see how far they get without us.

If WE truly want our OUR Club back then moaning on here about it isn't going to achieve that.  Turning up at Anfield every week isn't going to achieve that.  We're all angry at what we've witnessed over the last 15 months, social media since March/April time should have left them in doubt about how we feel but they've chosen to ignore it. 

They did exactly the same 5 years ago.  They thought it was perfectly normal to leave an incompetent fool in charge of the football when they took over.  They thought it would be fine to wait until the summer, even though the idiots had no intention of keeping him on. 

If you really want things to change then stop giving them your money - it's the only thing they understand.
      Spot on Debs sad but true .
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #37179: Oct 02, 2015 11:17:53 am
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #37180: Oct 02, 2015 11:20:37 am

Cracking post debs.

A while back I said I wasn't going back to Anfield until there was a seed change in policy; that I would use the money saved elsewhere. Well... the money I saved by not going to the Norwich game, the first we (my daughter and me) had planned to attend, saw me and my good lady spend 4 nights in Prague last weekend and I tell you what - it was worth every penny.

The other two games [Palace & the Gunners] I'd intended going to will pay for our tickets to Vegas in May. Now... whilst I'm sure they won't give a F**k because there'll be 'always' be someone to 'take my place', the fact remains... I'll be doing what I feel is my part.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #37181: Oct 02, 2015 11:26:20 am

Unfortunately the above is the only "long term plan" that is of any use to LFC.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #37182: Oct 02, 2015 11:50:31 am
      Cracking post debs.

A while back I said I wasn't going back to Anfield until there was a seed change in policy; that I would use the money saved elsewhere. Well... the money I saved by not going to the Norwich game, the first we (my daughter and me) had planned to attend, saw me and my good lady spend 4 nights in Prague last weekend and I tell you what - it was worth every penny.

The other two games [Palace & the Gunners] I'd intended going to will pay for our tickets to Vegas in May. Now... whilst I'm sure they won't give a F**k because there'll be 'always' be someone to 'take my place', the fact remains... I'll be doing what I feel is my part.

I haven't publicly said I won't go to the game or buy merchandise Mouse but thinking back now the last game I went to was Udinese and I cannot recall the last time I bought merchandise so subliminally I think I decided some time ago that my money is better spent elsewhere.
      « Last Edit: Oct 02, 2015 12:04:48 pm by srslfc »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #37183: Oct 02, 2015 12:01:33 pm
      Not much I can do, but I haven't bought any kit since it was the Adidas strip. Everyone has to do what they think is right, not going to games probably is the only way to get their attention though.....
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #37184: Oct 02, 2015 12:03:23 pm
      a loss in the derby and it will be made crystal clear i'm sure, i have a feeling Daniel may save him though.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #37185: Oct 02, 2015 12:16:30 pm
      Not Brian Kettle ‏@briankettle 12s13 seconds ago

Rodgers:
      Post-Carlisle: "It's not about me"
      Post-Villa: "I'm the same guy who nearly won us the league"
      Post-Sion: "It's not about me"
      #LFC
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37186: Oct 02, 2015 12:26:57 pm
      Not Brian Kettle ‏@briankettle 12s13 seconds ago

Rodgers:
      Post-Carlisle: "It's not about me"
      Post-Villa: "I'm the same guy who nearly won us the league"
      Post-Sion: "It's not about me"
      #LFC

Post Everton "we showed great character but got twatted"
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #37187: Oct 02, 2015 12:33:45 pm
      Cracking post debs.

I don't spend much money supporting the Club mate so they won't miss what little I do spend but their latest "fans survey" is all about how much more money fans would be willing to spend to support the Club.

They're asking how much would you pay for priority away tickets?

Should tickets be allocated based on how much you've spent on merchandise, not games attended?

They love the spenders but not the regulars, soon, Anfield will lose it's Scouse heart.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37188: Oct 02, 2015 12:34:41 pm
      So no european Experience and 1 years Prem League experience and you get the job at Anfield having just seen the pervious manager get sacked for reaching 2 cup finals and winning 1.
      Very strange days these.
      Does possesion football count when most of it is around your own box.

I claim the prize
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #37189: Oct 02, 2015 12:35:20 pm
      saw me and my good lady spend 4 nights in Prague last weekend

Is Prague really that boring? Or is time there relative to the number of people who experience it.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #37190: Oct 02, 2015 12:36:04 pm
      I haven't publicly said I won't go to the game or buy merchandise Mouse but thinking back now the last game I went to was Udinese and I cannot recall the last time I bought merchandise so subliminally I think I decided some time ago that my money is better spent elsewhere.
      I'm sure you're not alone Si. Like I said; you will enjoy spending your hard-earned elsewhere AND if it helps to either, get rid of the profiteers or focus their minds, it can only be good. A win-win.

Quick Reply