Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 9th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D1 L0

Gylfi Sigurðsson (Hoffenheim)

Read 72513 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Re: Gylfi Sigurðsson (Hoffenheim)
      Reply #897: Jul 03, 2012 08:22:04 pm
      A 900 post saga
        to be honest , I think If he wants/wanted to play for LFC and under BR he would have already signed
       I think he already made up his mind to go to london
        hope I am wrong , but this is taking to f*ckin long
        YNWA

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,516 posts | 2873 
      Reply #898: Jul 03, 2012 08:23:04 pm
      Fact he's delaying it has given me hope if I'm honest.

I'm going to be so disappointed tomorrow when he signs for Spurs! :D
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #899: Jul 03, 2012 08:40:26 pm
      I think he's signing for Spurs.

They've had AVB in identifying transfers for a few weeks apparently, so it makes sense.
      Gus
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      Reply #900: Jul 03, 2012 08:50:01 pm
      Fact he's delaying it has given me hope if I'm honest.

I'm going to be so disappointed tomorrow when he signs for Spurs! :D
      the delaying is a line of hope, but to tell you the truth im getting a bit tired of all this. Christ he was only at reading 3 seasons ago, at swansea on loan last year and now his agent thinks he's hottest property in Europe. Let him go to spurs, i want players who will run to play with us, not be in 2 minds.
      Saying that if he comes i will get behind him but this signing is loosing its sparkle for me.  :f_steam:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #901: Jul 03, 2012 09:24:25 pm
      This, don't want a player coming to us if he thinks we are second choice.

Hmmm... fair enough.

Is that worse or better than us signing our second choice? Or better(?) still; should a player sign for us if he thinks that he was second choice?  :confused-smiley-013:

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #902: Jul 03, 2012 09:47:54 pm
      Hmmm... fair enough.

Is that worse or better than us signing our second choice? Or better(?) still; should a player sign for us if he thinks that he was second choice?  :confused-smiley-013:

Worse without a doubt because he would have only been going to Spurs because he'd have been given a better contract which leads to question his desire to play for any club. Just another money hungry player.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #903: Jul 03, 2012 09:54:17 pm
      If hes gone to Spurs for the money, fair play to him.

If hes gone to Spurs because he thinks its a better opportunity in his career, fair play to him.

I wouldn't dispute either. We're in exactly the same boat as Spurs at the minute, difference being they've been the better team in the past 3 seasons, which Im said to say currently appeals to the modern footballer more than history & prestige. This Summer is probably going to be the most difficult we've encountered in trying to attract players. I was convinced we would of had this one wrapped up though last month. Gutted.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #904: Jul 03, 2012 09:59:40 pm
      If hes gone to Spurs for the money, fair play to him.

If hes gone to Spurs because he thinks its a better opportunity in his career, fair play to him.

I wouldn't dispute either. We're in exactly the same boat as Spurs at the minute, difference being they've been the better team in the past 3 seasons, which Im said to say currently appeals to the modern footballer more than history & prestige. This Summer is probably going to be the most difficult we've encountered in trying to attract players. I was convinced we would of had this one wrapped up though last month. Gutted.

I wouldn't be surprised if while BR was acting like a gentleman and waiting for Sigurdsson to speak with the new Swansea manager, Spurs nipped in and made an offer which turned the lad's head.

I hate those cu*ts, I really do. I only hate United more.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #905: Jul 03, 2012 10:03:18 pm
      Sky Sports ‏@SkySports
      Sky Sports understands Gylfi Sigurdsson is set to seal his move to Tottenham in the next 24 hours. #THFC #LFC #swansfc http://bit.ly/MROtgE

Well done Spurs.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #906: Jul 03, 2012 10:10:08 pm
      because he would have only been going to Spurs because he'd have been given a better contract

How can you say that for a certainty? He would be going to the club that finished 4th in the league last season instead of the 8th.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #907: Jul 03, 2012 10:13:03 pm
      I have a feeling Sigurdson will come to regret this at the end of the season.I'm gutted i finally thought we were going to get a bit of value in the transfer window.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #908: Jul 03, 2012 10:17:25 pm
      I have a feeling Sigurdson will come to regret this at the end of the season.I'm gutted i finally thought we were going to get a bit of value in the transfer window.

Hope so, but if it's anything like the last 3 seasons he'll probably get over it.
      Dobby1979
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #909: Jul 03, 2012 10:18:14 pm
      Have to say I'm gutted by this and obviously money talks! He was prepared to sign for Swansea because of the gaffer. His head has obviously been turned by his agent and money which is a shame. Fair play to Brendan though for not paying over the odds and obviously has other targets in mind. We don't need any favours so best of luck to him.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #910: Jul 03, 2012 10:23:14 pm

I hope he does regret it. He had a chance to be reunited with Brendan Rodgers and turned it down for that shower of sh*te.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #911: Jul 03, 2012 10:26:44 pm
      again i think people are putting too much on this. Mainly, i think, because we havent signed anyone yet... or at least looked like signing anyone yet.

People should treat this as the rejection you get at 9pm before the night has really got going. Many drinks and attempted ladies later - 3am when the nights done and dusted do you really care about that?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #912: Jul 03, 2012 10:36:16 pm
      Will be glad to see this little saga done with, whatever the result. Plenty of options out there, not gonna lose any sleep over it.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #913: Jul 03, 2012 10:41:16 pm
      again i think people are putting too much on this. Mainly, i think, because we havent signed anyone yet... or at least looked like signing anyone yet.

People should treat this as the rejection you get at 9pm before the night has really got going. Many drinks and attempted ladies later - 3am when the nights done and dusted do you really care about that?

You only care about it if you go home alone.

Hopefully, we have other (and better) options to pursue.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #914: Jul 03, 2012 10:43:43 pm
      F***ing gutted to be honest and not just because we're starved of signings. I rate Sigurdsson as a future premier league star and another to add to the list of "if only". Add him to the Alves', Gomez', Jovetices and Agueros of this world who we have missed out on due to being unable or unwilling to spend. He is one of my favourite players and it will take a very special player to cheer me up from this.

I think it will be us and not Sigurdsson who will rue this one. Don't blame him for a second for taking a higher wage and a better playing squad from Spurs.

Sad times to be outbid by Spurs though, especially when I don't think they are paying a stupid amount of money for him both in terms of the fee to sign him and his salary.

It isn't good enough that we are still missing out on our targets nearly two years on from H+G. Incredible to think FSG were willing to sanction the signings of Henderson and Downing for twice Sigurdssons fee. If their idea to make up for those mistakes is to keep finances under tight control then I don't think I share their vision. My vision would be to spend money on players in line with their ability. Hardly revolutionary.

Meh! I'm off to bed!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #915: Jul 03, 2012 10:49:49 pm
      How can you say that for a certainty? He would be going to the club that finished 4th in the league last season instead of the 8th.

There has been absolute no mention of that being the reason why he looks set for Spurs. We wont be signing him because we wont meet his demands.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #916: Jul 03, 2012 10:52:41 pm
      There has been absolute no mention of that being the reason why he looks set for Spurs. We wont be signing him because we wont meet his demands.

Well his Dad said he would go to the club that suited him best and that all he wants is a wage in line with other members of the said teams.

People on twitter now getting all bitter about it saying he's a average money grabber and we have Adam, Hendo, Shelvey, Aquilani and Spearing anyway. Hmmm.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #917: Jul 03, 2012 10:56:23 pm
      Any solid news or just more innuendo, rumour & supposition? 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #918: Jul 03, 2012 11:00:08 pm
      Any solid news or just more innuendo, rumour & supposition? 

SSN saying he'll be a Spurs player tomorrow. About as solid as you're going to get until he signs on the dotted line.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #919: Jul 03, 2012 11:07:32 pm

Incredible to think FSG were willing to sanction the signings of Henderson and Downing for twice Sigurdssons fee. If their idea to make up for those mistakes is to keep finances under tight control then I don't think I share their vision. My vision would be to spend money on players in line with their ability.

Agree with this wholeheartedly. From the outside looking in it is a very confusing transfer policy we seem to have, perhaps if he was English we'd be more than happy to pay that fee or reported wages. Like you fields I'll be disappointed to miss out on this at such a cheap price and hope we've got something in reserve, if it turns out we haven't and we're left scratching our head when the window closes it will paint an absolutely massive question mark about FSG.

Quick Reply