Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 9th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was Liverpool's best striker in your opinion?

Ian Rush
      37 (82.2%)
      Robbie Fowler
      6 (13.3%)
      Michael Owen
      2 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Owen, God, or Rushie

Read 11137 times
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Owen, God, or Rushie
      Jun 08, 2012 05:05:02 pm
      Which striker was the best of the three in your opinion? I left King Kenny out, because it's pretty straight-forward he was better than all three of them. Anyway, without judging them on things like joining United, who was the best of the three - Owen, God, or Rushie?
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Owen, God, or Rushie
      Reply #1: Jun 08, 2012 05:09:02 pm
      I can't separate God or Rush, but Owen isn't even in the same league as them two.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #2: Jun 08, 2012 05:13:27 pm
      Two horse race there and one hell of a decision................ ....................I'll go for Rush.................... .........nah Fowler.................. ..tough one this.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #3: Jun 08, 2012 05:28:28 pm
      Dave.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #4: Jun 08, 2012 05:29:57 pm
      For me, Fowler is the best English player I've seen at Striker.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,331 posts | 774 
      Reply #5: Jun 08, 2012 05:32:23 pm
      Fowler
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #6: Jun 08, 2012 05:49:03 pm
      God.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #7: Jun 08, 2012 05:50:13 pm
      That little Judas tw*t has no right to be mentioned in the same sentance for me.

But in answer to the question, Rush.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,369 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #8: Jun 08, 2012 05:51:58 pm
      Oh I got a good chuckle out of that Owen or God Owen or Rush  :lmao:

Oh you were serious!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #9: Jun 08, 2012 05:52:53 pm
      That little Judas tw*t has no right to be mentioned in the same sentance for me.
      No argument.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,499 posts | 8678 
      Reply #10: Jun 08, 2012 05:54:48 pm
      Which striker was the best of the three in your opinion? I left King Kenny out, because it's pretty straight-forward he was better than all three of them. Anyway, without judging them on things like joining United, who was the best of the three - Owen, God, or Rushie?

No contest.

Rushie - greatest goalscorer in the clubs history and has the medals to prove it, far more than the other two as well!!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11: Jun 08, 2012 06:10:59 pm
      Given myself a headache trying to decide, but has to be Rush for me. Did it better for longer and worked his balls off while doing it too. 
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #12: Jun 08, 2012 06:21:38 pm
      I am same as everyone else, very difficult to decide between Rush and Fowler, but Robbie gets it for me, best finisher I have ever seen.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #13: Jun 08, 2012 06:22:32 pm
      Rush for me.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #14: Jun 08, 2012 06:25:35 pm
      Agree with some that ohwhen....(i was good)  ;) shouldnt be in the same sentance, and agree that its a toughie picking between Rush and god, I met Rushie a few years back, top bloke never had the pleaseure of meeting god though.......Just for the fact that I know he's a top bloke and he is the clubs greatest goal scorer I'll have to pick Rushie.
      Still think Fowler is one of the (if not thee) Best strikers England has ever produced.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #15: Jun 08, 2012 06:35:35 pm
      Came on here to say Fowler but the more I think the more Rush strengthens. The two were fantastic for us. Both are loyal to us. Both historic number 9's.

I'm going to say Fowler as I grew up watching him. But it could just as easily be Rush. Two legends.

I'm not ignoring Owen because he stabbed us in the back but for two different reasons. He always relied on a strike partner wether that was Fowler himself or Heskey. But I think he was unbelievable in a two up top but Rush and Fowler are two players you could stick up top alone and have equal confidence in.

The other point is, Owen had the world at his feet with us. But he hasn't been anywhere near prolific in nearly 10 years. For me Rush and Fowler were much more consistent throughout their careers.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #16: Jun 08, 2012 06:50:34 pm
      Came on here to say Fowler but the more I think the more Rush strengthens. The two were fantastic for us. Both are loyal to us. Both historic number 9's.

I'm not ignoring Owen because he stabbed us in the back but for two different reasons. He always relied on a strike partner wether that was Fowler himself or Heskey. But I think he was unbelievable in a two up top but Rush and Fowler are two players you could stick up top alone and have equal confidence in.

I disagree with you on Owen needing a strike partner to succeed or for us to win. Owen won us countless games all by himself... and of the 3 strikers mentioned here spent the most time isolated and with very little to go on in the way of service. He comes 3rd in this race though.

Although Robbie was my favourite player of all time I have to go for Rush at 1 as he did it for longer and the best part of 350 goals is just incredible. That said i believe Robbie was a better finisher than Rushie and if he had played his career in the teams that Rush did and had a little luck with injuries I feel that he would be our leading all time scorer and number one in this arguement.

Rush, Robbie, Owen!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #17: Jun 08, 2012 07:05:10 pm
      Robbie Fowler was out of this world and is the best striker the Premiership has seen but Ian Rush, well what can i say?.

Simply the best for me. You just knew with Rushie that when he got into position that ball was only going one place and it usually ended up with the keeper picking it up out of the net.

How i wish we could unearth a striker like Rush or Fowler again, it has seemed like an age since we had a striker that gave you that feeling i commented on above.

I hope Suarez and Carroll can kick on from last Season and increase their conversion ratio.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #18: Jun 08, 2012 07:07:34 pm
      Rushie all day for me and it takes someone really special to be ahead of Fowler.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #19: Jun 08, 2012 07:13:43 pm
      Robbie was great, but will go for Rush.

Owen was good but for too short a time. And the the lad has notions. Left LFC to sit on the bench at Real. And would prefer to sit on the bench at Utd then play regularly for a 'lesser' team.  Bit of a plonker really.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #20: Jun 08, 2012 07:33:10 pm
      Rushie was my absolute hero as a kid but even putting sentiment to one side, I'd still go for him. Not only was his finishing immense but he did so much for the team as a whole, defending from the front.

It's no disgrace to be second to Ian Rush and Fowler was still a truly amazing player.

Owen is a very distant third (of those three). He was excellent when he first came through then got big headed and stood around waiting for the perfect pass. I, for one wasn't sad to see him go.

Some of Ian Rush's Goals
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #21: Jun 08, 2012 07:39:55 pm
      Rush, Fowler

Owen
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun