Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Martin Skrtel (Man City)

Read 21232 times
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Re: Martin Skrtel (Man City)
      Reply #138: Jun 24, 2012 02:12:34 am
      Think people need to relax a little. Until I hear Skrtel say he's not happy at Liverpool I'll just go with the assumption that he is.

It's not rare that when a top player needs/wants a new contract, rumours start circulating, assurances sought and a pay rise demanded.
      This.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #139: Jun 24, 2012 08:03:17 am
      Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel is ready to ignore an approach for his services from Premier League champions Manchester City.

City are keen to bolster their defensive options, with manager Roberto Mancini not convinced by Stefan Savic's credentials as back-up to first choice pairing Vincent Kompany and Joleon Lescott.

And while Mancini also has the services of Kolo Toure at his disposal, he is keen to a centre-back with top flight experience to his squad.

But the agent of Skrtel - who won Liverpool's player of the year last season - has insisted that the 27-year-old is keen to discuss his future with new Reds boss Brendan Rodgers.

'Some changes have been made at the club and he (Martin Skrtel) wants to know what the aims and ambitions are. And of course, we will discuss the issue of Martin’s new contract,' said Karol Cstonto.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2163544/Martin-Skrtel-set-turn-Manchester-City.html#ixzz1ygxP6bt2
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #140: Jun 24, 2012 08:36:09 am
      Personally I think this is all about a new contract. The papers are saying that he wants to find out if we can match his ambitions, because of the change in management and structure. Well if he wants to compare our aims with Cities aims then we,ll loose hands down. I,m sure Rodgers will calm Skrtel when he preachs his philosopy but if Skrtel is hell bent on going and Rodgers has any type of sniff that he maybe able to get Caulker here, then I believe Skrtle will be gone for around 20 - 25 million.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #141: Jun 24, 2012 08:36:15 am
      I don't think he is going anywhere as he knows he won't be guaranteed first-team football at Man City whereas here he is the main man.He certainly is replaceable and so is any other player at LFC but he is one of our best players and we should keep him.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #142: Jun 24, 2012 04:04:37 pm
      Stick to Star Wars soft lad, our worst season in two decades!! Some F***ing bullshit that.

As long as it's Star Wars kept out and not Trek.

If he'd added the word league to his sentence, he may have had a point, though only a partial one.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #143: Jun 24, 2012 05:37:05 pm
      A lot coming up today from sh*te sources (Daily Star included) that Rodgers will sell Skrtel in order to double our transfer budget. Severely doubt this tbh, FSG said they had a 5 year plan to put us back where we belong, selling key players surely cannot be part of such a plan. Probably the journos trying to make this Sunday a bit more "exciting" for the neutrals.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #144: Jun 24, 2012 11:13:40 pm
      Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel is ready to ignore an approach for his services from Premier League champions Manchester City.

City are keen to bolster their defensive options, with manager Roberto Mancini not convinced by Stefan Savic's credentials as back-up to first choice pairing Vincent Kompany and Joleon Lescott.

And while Mancini also has the services of Kolo Toure at his disposal, he is keen to a centre-back with top flight experience to his squad.

But the agent of Skrtel - who won Liverpool's player of the year last season - has insisted that the 27-year-old is keen to discuss his future with new Reds boss Brendan Rodgers.

'Some changes have been made at the club and he (Martin Skrtel) wants to know what the aims and ambitions are. And of course, we will discuss the issue of Martin’s new contract,' said Karol Cstonto.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2163544/Martin-Skrtel-set-turn-Manchester-City.html#ixzz1ygxP6bt2

Great isn't it? Two journos take the exact same quotes, one of them turns it into a story that Skrtel is uncertain about his future and may go to Citeh, the other says he's going to ignore them and pledge his future to us  :roll:

I think this picture from Wikileaks illustrates the way the media works quite brilliantly:

wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #145: Jun 25, 2012 11:37:31 am
      if he wants to go let him for 20/25m to who ever pays the most is not seb coates nearly a ready made replacment .young good ball playing center back i thinlk BR will like him
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #146: Jun 25, 2012 12:11:20 pm
      A lot coming up today from sh*te sources (Daily Star included) that Rodgers will sell Skrtel in order to double our transfer budget. Severely doubt this tbh, FSG said they had a 5 year plan to put us back where we belong, selling key players surely cannot be part of such a plan. Probably the journos trying to make this Sunday a bit more "exciting" for the neutrals.
      Is correct mate, the only plan this bollox would fit is the Hodgson horror show we prefer to forget. The sh*te press would like nothing more than for LFC to be in the same situation again - F**k them.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #147: Jun 26, 2012 02:48:48 am
      As long as it's Star Wars kept out and not Trek.

If he'd added the word league to his sentence, he may have had a point, though only a partial one.

Not really still seen worse league seasons than last year.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #148: Jun 26, 2012 08:51:26 am
      if he wants to go let him for 20/25m to who ever pays the most is not seb coates nearly a ready made replacment .young good ball playing center back i thinlk BR will like him
      I am not getting into the argument if Skrtel should stay or go but I expect young Seb Coates to make his mark this season and expect good things from him.
      Amit
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #149: Jun 26, 2012 09:35:51 am
      Looking at Skrtel's prespective,
      If he goes to city he's 3rd or 4th choice there.
      don't think it's something he'd like to do at 27. looking at a possible career killer season.

on the other hand, if someone came to me me with sh*t loads of money, asking me to stop working...
      it would of been a tough one as not working is my favorite activity.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #150: Jun 26, 2012 10:57:46 am
      Its Aggers turn to be linked to Man City now. ;D
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #151: Jun 26, 2012 11:25:22 am

Here you go

Manchester City are targeting Newcastle's Fabricio Coloccini and Liverpool’s Daniel Agger as possible replacements for Joleon Lescott.

The Blues are looking to bolster their defensive options this summer, leaving a question mark over the future of the England defender.
      With Roberto Mancini keen on the pair, along with Athletic Bilbao defender Javi Martinez, the 29-year-old England stopper could be the odd man out at Eastlands.
      Lescott, who had the best season of his career when he helped Manchester City to the Premier League title and starred for England during Euro 2012, has just two-years left on his current deal.
      Talks on a possible extension were always planned to take place after this summer's tournament in Poland and Ukraine, along with the likes of Gareth Barry and James Milner, but now his future in the North West is uncertain.
      Manchester City's spending won't end with a defender though with the champions also keen on Arsenal skipper Robin Van Persie and Napoli striker Edinson Cavani.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #152: Jun 26, 2012 02:26:38 pm
      The following was one of the rumours in the Guardian today by Paul Davis.

"Joleon Lescott may be on his way away from Manchester, however, as City are said to be mulling over letting him go to Liverpool, which would facilitate City's swoop for Daniel Agger. If that elaborate plot is thwarted, City will just go buy Fabricio Coloccini."

AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #153: Jun 26, 2012 02:29:53 pm
      Lescott can piss off he's a pile of w*nk, a former blueshite pile of w*nk at that.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #154: Jun 26, 2012 02:35:37 pm
      Lescott can piss off he's a pile of w*nk, a former blueshite pile of w*nk at that.

I don't think i would want him but he's hardly a pile of w*nk mate grow up!
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #155: Jun 26, 2012 02:51:13 pm
      Yes he is! When City lose it's usually because of a mistake from him. He's slow, can't deal with a long ball and is the main weakness in that City side.
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #156: Jun 26, 2012 03:06:24 pm
      I am not getting into the argument if Skrtel should stay or go but I expect young Seb Coates to make his mark this season and expect good things from him.
      pheew least some one else like him to seems to be forgotton about,we were all raving about him last year
      LFCexiled
      Reply #157: Jun 26, 2012 03:16:19 pm
      Skrtle, Agger, Suarez and Lucas are all off to citeh. Apparently Gerrards off there in an player/assistant manager role as well. We're not being quiet either though, we're currently in for 5 Rangers lads and a couple of birmingham city players in preparation for the championship next year.

The amount of words you got through that paragraph before you thought 'F**k off' dictates your level of belief in twitter and/or journalists.

:P
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #158: Jun 26, 2012 03:23:05 pm
      Lescott is a brilliant centre half. I'd say he was in the top 3 in the prem last season (Behind Skrtel and Kompany).

I wouldn't be wanting to get rid of Skrtel or Agger and getting him, though.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #159: Jun 26, 2012 03:43:51 pm
      Not really still seen worse league seasons than last year.

I haven't.

Especially our home record.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #160: Jun 26, 2012 06:05:30 pm
      I reckon we should take a leaf out of a few of the Portuguese clubs books and only sell for a ridiculous fee. Realistically in a non inflated market I reckon Skrtel would easily be a £10-15 mil player but in this current market I'd consider him £20 mil and that's just what I believe he's worth. Add to the fact he's a key player for us City should be paying extra aswell so I say tell them £30 million minimum or F**k right off.

Or maybe I've just been playing too much football manager?

Quick Reply