Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Martin Skrtel (Man City)

Read 21229 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Martin Skrtel (Man City)
      Reply #161: Jun 26, 2012 10:33:26 pm
      Manchester City are targeting Newcastle's Fabricio Coloccini and Liverpool’s Daniel Agger as possible replacements for Joleon Lescott.[/new]
      Perhaps I'm being naive and a little too trusting but I don't believe that Dagger would go to another Premier League club.
      The Lark
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 12 
      Reply #162: Jun 26, 2012 10:37:53 pm
      Probably far too naive Rep, but at the minute it's just the tabloids stirring up stories where there aren't any.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #163: Jun 26, 2012 10:42:26 pm
      Agger already said if we offer him a new contract he will consider it and probably sign.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #164: Jun 26, 2012 11:20:35 pm
      Don't even wanna go there................... .
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #165: Jun 26, 2012 11:21:35 pm
      I know, I'll have to change my avatar at this rate!
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #166: Jun 26, 2012 11:23:33 pm

Here you go

Manchester City are targeting Newcastle's Fabricio Coloccini and Liverpool’s Daniel Agger as possible replacements for Joleon Lescott.

The Blues are looking to bolster their defensive options this summer, leaving a question mark over the future of the England defender.
      With Roberto Mancini keen on the pair, along with Athletic Bilbao defender Javi Martinez, the 29-year-old England stopper could be the odd man out at Eastlands.
      Lescott, who had the best season of his career when he helped Manchester City to the Premier League title and starred for England during Euro 2012, has just two-years left on his current deal.
      Talks on a possible extension were always planned to take place after this summer's tournament in Poland and Ukraine, along with the likes of Gareth Barry and James Milner, but now his future in the North West is uncertain.
      Manchester City's spending won't end with a defender though with the champions also keen on Arsenal skipper Robin Van Persie and Napoli striker Edinson Cavani.

What a ridiculous article, are they sure they couldn't squeeze a few more names in there?
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #167: Jun 27, 2012 01:39:19 pm
      Perhaps I'm being naive and a little too trusting but I don't believe that Dagger would go to another Premier League club.

you should trust your instincs. google agger interview on torres leaving, he said he could never do what the spainard did and join a rival, every supporter should see them. words of a captain!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #168: Jun 27, 2012 03:42:30 pm
      I haven't.

Especially our home record.

Didn't you get to see the Souness years!

Lescott is a brilliant centre half. I'd say he was in the top 3 in the prem last season (Behind Skrtel and Kompany).

No way is the Elephant Man in the top three centre halves in the league, not a chance.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #169: Jun 27, 2012 04:46:57 pm
      No way is the Elephant Man in the top three centre halves in the league, not a chance.

I didn't necessarily say he was in the top three centre halves in the league, I said on form he was in the top 3 last season.

Same way I don't think Skrtel is the best centre half in the league, but he was the best centre half last season.

Don't take my words out of context.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #170: Jun 28, 2012 03:15:48 pm
      Martin Skrtel: "I haven't received any offers and I haven't been in talks with any club. I'm just looking forward to new season."
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #171: Jun 28, 2012 11:09:40 pm
      Martin Skrtel: "I haven't received any offers and I haven't been in talks with any club. I'm just looking forward to new season."

BOSS......
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #172: Jun 28, 2012 11:11:02 pm

Yup he has made that perfectly clear.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #173: Jun 28, 2012 11:16:16 pm
      Not naive or too trusting, Dagger absolutely defines someone who values loyalty and honour. There is no way he'd go anywhere in the prem one of the few things that count against him being the absolute number one choice for captain when Stevie hangs up his boots is the man's passion, if something went against us I could see him volleying the ref out of the stadium, that and his run of injuries.

Personally I would choose him to be captain after Stevie but there is certainly an argument for others first but nothing satisfies a fan's belief in someone than to see them play with unbridled passion like Dagger does and I would never doubt his integrity or loyalty for 1 single second.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #174: Jun 28, 2012 11:40:15 pm
      Daily fail but direct quotes from Skrts website:

Skrtel rejects Man City advances as Liverpool defender commits future to Anfield

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has brushed aside Manchester City's adavnces and insists he is looking forward to the new season at Anfield.
      Most recently the Slovakia international has been linked with Premier League champions Manchester City and before that it was Russian big-spenders Anzhi Makhachkala.
      However, while Skrtel's agent has previously hinted the player wants to be reassured the club's ambitions meet his own, the 27-year-old said he was optimistic the coming campaign would be better than the last, which brought a first trophy for six years but also saw the side finish eighth.

'I will be leaving for Liverpool on July 6. I am very excited about new season,' Skrtel told his personal website.
      'I hope we will be ready and this time it will be much better than in the last one.
      'There is also speculation about my exit from Liverpool but I can say that there was no offer on the table yet and we didn't hold talks with any club.
      '

Skrtel, Liverpool's player of the year last season, has two years remaining on his contract and new Reds manager Brendan Rodgers is likely to want the centre-back to extend that deal.

Read more: http://www.dailyfuckingfail.co.uk
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #175: Jun 28, 2012 11:42:10 pm
      Daily fail but direct quotes from Skrts website:

Skrtel rejects Man City advances as Liverpool defender commits future to Anfield

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has brushed aside Manchester City's adavnces and insists he is looking forward to the new season at Anfield.
      Most recently the Slovakia international has been linked with Premier League champions Manchester City and before that it was Russian big-spenders Anzhi Makhachkala.
      However, while Skrtel's agent has previously hinted the player wants to be reassured the club's ambitions meet his own, the 27-year-old said he was optimistic the coming campaign would be better than the last, which brought a first trophy for six years but also saw the side finish eighth.

'I will be leaving for Liverpool on July 6. I am very excited about new season,' Skrtel told his personal website.
      'I hope we will be ready and this time it will be much better than in the last one.
      'There is also speculation about my exit from Liverpool but I can say that there was no offer on the table yet and we didn't hold talks with any club.
      '

Skrtel, Liverpool's player of the year last season, has two years remaining on his contract and new Reds manager Brendan Rodgers is likely to want the centre-back to extend that deal.

Read more: http://www.dailyfuckingfail.co.uk

Great stuff!!
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #176: Jun 29, 2012 01:04:22 am
      Notice were he says no offers yet, like he is expecting one to be put in he's either had his head turned by speculation or tapped up
      This looks like a standard statement players put out before moving
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #177: Jun 29, 2012 08:33:38 am
      Notice were he says no offers yet, like he is expecting one to be put in he's either had his head turned by speculation or tapped up

It could also be a standard statement that he wants to stay.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #178: Jun 29, 2012 10:24:29 am
      Same one but good stuff!

Skrtel committed to Liverpool

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has brushed aside speculation about his future and insists he is looking forward to the new season at Anfield.

"I will be leaving for Liverpool on July 6. I am very excited about new season," Skrtel told his personal website.

"I hope we will be ready and this time it will be much better than in the last one.

"There is also speculation about my exit from Liverpool but I can say that there was no offer on the table yet and we didn't hold talks with any club."

Liverpool will welcome one their favourite former players back to Anfield in August when Sami Hyppia brings his Bayer Leverkusen side to Merseyside for a friendly.

The ex-Finland international, who made 464 appearances in a decade at the club and captained the Reds for a long spell, is certain to receive a warm welcome for Liverpool's only home friendly of their pre-season campaign, which kicks off at 3pm on August 12.

Liverpool already have a tour to the United States lined up where they will place Toronto, Roma and Tottenham before they play a two-legged Europa League third qualifying round tie on August 2 and 9.

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item821762/Skrtel-committed-to-Liverpool/
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #179: Jun 29, 2012 11:28:43 am

you are reading too much between the lines. if a player wants to leave then he says that he wants to leave. simple
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #180: Jun 29, 2012 11:31:36 am
      you are reading too much between the lines. if a player wants to leave then he says that he wants to leave. simple

Not necessarily and not publically.

They force a move or request a transfer then they tend to give up lots of cash in contract and loyalty payments.
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #181: Jun 29, 2012 02:25:46 pm
      Not necessarily and not publically.

They force a move or request a transfer then they tend to give up lots of cash in contract and loyalty payments.
      this is right, how many players say they are moving not many unless there contract up ,lfc would want players to put in transfer requests so to give up money
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #182: Jun 29, 2012 05:53:07 pm
      you are both right but i still feel that if a player wants to leave then he or the media makes a big fuss of it.
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #183: Jul 30, 2012 12:21:15 am

Quick Reply