Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Fabio Borini (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 193970 times
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Re: Fabio Borini Player Thread
      Reply #1863: Jan 02, 2015 08:33:36 am
      Useless player. Don't know why the manager persists with him. Just can't understand it. Needs to be shipped out. Lost my patience with this lad and the lad that keeps playing him
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #1864: Jan 02, 2015 08:35:32 am
      Useless player. Don't know why the manager persists with him. Just can't understand it. Needs to be shipped out. Lost my patience with this lad and the lad that keeps playing him
      Huh?

When he was not making the bench, there were plenty here complaining about not using him.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1865: Jan 02, 2015 09:02:47 am
      he isn't going to live up to his early potential. If someone offers 10 million for him now I'd bite their hand off!

he never showed early potential in the first place.

anyway.

can't believe in the summer we were finally going to mug another club in the transfer window and sell him for £12m to Sunderland.

we'll never get anywhere near that now.

All because he wanted to "stay and fight."
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1866: Jan 02, 2015 11:56:55 am
      Glad people are finally realising Borini is a money grabbing little toe rag.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1867: Jan 02, 2015 12:00:27 pm

I don't get that Mags mate

Not good enough, bag of sh*te maybe

But money grabbing? No more money grabbing than any other footballer in the world
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #1868: Jan 02, 2015 12:10:50 pm

I don't get that Mags mate

Not good enough, bag of sh*te maybe

But money grabbing? No more money grabbing than any other footballer in the world

Fabio really winds your watch Mags doesn't he? I guess we all have players who we favour and those that drive us nuts.

The biggest thing I always think about Borini is that BR must look at him and think that he embodies the jump he himself had to make from the swans to the mighty red-men.

Fab never has been good enough and isn't going to find something extra now. Let's just get a deal done and move on.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1869: Jan 02, 2015 12:20:22 pm
      He really does mate, just think he's doing the club a disservice by staying and I cannot for the life of me think he's genuine about wanting to stay and "give it a go" here when he was offered first team football elsewhere. The very fact that he was being sold should have been a hint to him that he's surplus to requirements and then he comes out and demands more money if he's to move anywhere and says that it's all about him wanting to make it at Liverpool... I don't buy it personally but I can understand those who think him and his agent aren't in it for the money.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1870: Jan 12, 2015 03:18:12 pm
      Looking back at Borini's performance vs Sunderland is was both good and bad, wasn't it? Without the ball, he's our best fit out-and-out striker due to his mobility, workrate, ability to make runs, etc. With the ball, he's probably our worst fit out-and-out striker. Good touch on Markovic's goal, teed up Gerrard nicely, but other than that he did nothing, missed an open goal after rounding the keeper, etc.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1871: Jan 12, 2015 03:36:35 pm
      Looking back at Borini's performance vs Sunderland is was both good and bad, wasn't it? Without the ball, he's our best fit out-and-out striker due to his mobility, workrate, ability to make runs, etc. With the ball, he's probably our worst fit out-and-out striker. Good touch on Markovic's goal, teed up Gerrard nicely, but other than that he did nothing, missed an open goal after rounding the keeper, etc.

Exactly the way I saw it too. That's why bringing on Balo was the better option as we needed someone to hold the ball up latter stages of the game. Anyway, If Borini works on his hold up play and composure, I really do think he'd be a good striker.

Would still keep Borini as our main striker until Sturridge returns though.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1872: Jan 12, 2015 03:43:58 pm
      Exactly the way I saw it too. That's why bringing on Balo was the better option as we needed someone to hold the ball up latter stages of the game. Anyway, If Borini works on his hold up play and composure, I really do think he'd be a good striker.

Would still keep Borini as our main striker until Sturridge returns though.

I would keep Raheem as our main striker until Sturridge returns.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1873: Jan 12, 2015 03:46:08 pm
      I would keep Raheem as our main striker until Sturridge returns.

Maybe, but no Lallana for 2-3 weeks? so I would drop Sterling deeper, next to Coutinho.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1874: Jan 12, 2015 03:53:51 pm
      Maybe, but no Lallana for 2-3 weeks? so I would drop Sterling deeper, next to Coutinho.

Assuming he is fit you know Rodgers will pick Gerrard.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #1875: Jan 12, 2015 03:58:49 pm
      With "leggy" Gerrard further forward and Lallana&Sterling out, it was a good idea having Borini up top just for his added energy and pressing.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1876: Jan 12, 2015 06:42:46 pm

I'd run my socks off for the club but that doesn't mean I should be starting up front. He's one of the worst decision makers on the ball I've seen in my entire life. Shouldn't be near the bench let alone the first 11 of any Liverpool team.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1877: Jan 16, 2015 02:15:44 pm
      Sunderland have signed Defoe :(

There goes a handy 10mill, for someone who is fringe.

Arg.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1878: Jan 16, 2015 02:36:16 pm
      Sunderland have signed Defoe :(

There goes a handy 10mill, for someone who is fringe.

Arg.

I think he will start against Villa.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1879: Jan 16, 2015 07:00:02 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-borini-ive-no-regrets-8456648

Now that we're unable to get 10m-14m for him, I think we should keep him as 3rd choice, behind Sturridge and Origi.

From what I've read over the course of this and last season, I genuinely believe Borini wants to stay and succeed. His commitment and attitude is infectious and I am starting to warm to him. If he works on certain aspects of his game, I think he will be a good 3rd choice striker.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1880: Jan 16, 2015 09:43:26 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-borini-ive-no-regrets-8456648

Now that we're unable to get 10m-14m for him, I think we should keep him as 3rd choice, behind Sturridge and Origi.

From what I've read over the course of this and last season, I genuinely believe Borini wants to stay and succeed. His commitment and attitude is infectious and I am starting to warm to him. If he works on certain aspects of his game, I think he will be a good 3rd choice striker.

His attitude and will to succeed are not the problem, its his lack of finishing ability. If he can't score, then what's the point of keeping him?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,281 posts | 2834 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1881: Jan 17, 2015 03:32:44 pm
      Pure made up for the lad
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #1882: Jan 17, 2015 07:41:25 pm
      Great attitude but let's be honest he's a bit sh*t.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1883: Jan 17, 2015 09:02:39 pm
      Well taken goal but yep, he's still crap.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1884: Jan 17, 2015 11:55:12 pm
      Well taken goal but yep, he's still crap.

Going to be a massive confidence boost for the lad though and confidence is what we have been lacking throughout our strikers this season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1885: Jan 18, 2015 12:06:34 am
      Stuck his foot out and got the gosl but jeez his general lack of football skills for a striker are shocking.

Quick Reply