Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Suarez interview ignites media frenzy

Read 19140 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Suarez interview ignites media frenzy
      Jul 17, 2012 12:27:42 pm
      Does anyone has his interview with the Uruguayan TV?

some interesting stuff in there, talks about Mancs and life in Liverpool
      Bleed-LFC
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Re: Suarez interview ignites media frenzy
      Reply #1: Jul 17, 2012 09:32:36 pm
      Does anyone has his interview with the Uruguayan TV?

some interesting stuff in there, talks about Mancs and life in Liverpool

Not got the link to it mate but this is the one ,i just hope it don't back fire on Suarez again by that i mean the owners selling him .

Suarez reopens Evra row: United's political clout got me banned says star

Liverpool striker defies club's orders to reveal he was reduced to tears by racism saga that saw him suspended for eight games

Luis Suarez has re-opened the row over his race ban last season, despite being ordered by Liverpool not to discuss it.

The Uruguayan has accused Manchester United of wielding their political power to get him suspended for his controversial comments aimed at United defender Patrice Evra.

The Liverpool striker revealed he was so devastated by the effects of his Evra racism ‘trial’, he was left in tears for days on end as his reputation took a battering.

Speaking to a TV station in his homeland, where the forward is preparing to captain their football team at this summer's Olympics, Suarez offered another explosive insight into his controversial row with Evra.

In it, he claimed:

* United are the political power in English football.

* The Old Trafford club contrived to get him banned.

* It was Evra's fault that the pair didn't subsequently shake hands.

* That the handshake issue was a second conspiracy against him by United.

* He and his wife were reduced to tears by the ordeal.

* Even United fans offered him support.

In the wide-ranging interview with TV show RR Gol, Suarez revealed his Anfield bosses have asked him not to speak about the Evra affair.

But he didn't hold back as he said: "It was so hard what happened to me. I don't show my emotions on the field, but outside I do - and I cried a lot with all the Evra stuff.

"The trial (disciplinary hearing) week was so complicated for me. My wife and I cried a lot during that week.

"People at the club are sure that it was a way that Manchester United used to put me out of the team and stop Liverpool.

"But in England, Man United has this political power, and you have to respect that and shut your mouth."

Suarez made clear that he feels the FA's guilty verdict on a racism charge, and the subsequent eight-match ban, was inspired by United's political clout within the English game.

And he even went as far as to suggest that when he was later vilified for refusing to shake Evra's hand the next time the pair met after the verdict, it was another United conspiracy.

"It was a misunderstanding, what happened between me and Evra at Old Trafford when we were to shake hands," he insisted, but then added:

"In fact, I think it was all arranged against me again, as it had happened with the punishment.

"I promised my wife, the manager and the directors that I was going to shake my hand with Evra. Why not?, I thought, because I had no problems with him.

"I had been punished because of him, but I had no problems with shaking hands. But I was not forced to greet him. I had no problems with Evra. It was only a handshake and I was OK with that.

"The media in England showed the moment when I passed in front of him, but they didn't see that he had his hand low before.

"Only the media in Uruguay and Spain showed that I wanted to shake his hand."

Suarez revealed he felt desperate at times during the long-running saga, but said he was given a major boost from a surprising source when he met a United fan in a restaurant.

"I had to go to Manchester in a taxi for the trial. I got up at seven in the morning and I came home at nine at night. I was exhausted, I was so tired. I wanted to cry, and kick all the things around me," he added.

"I came home and I wanted to do all that, but I couldn't because my daughter was at home. There were really complicated days, and then things became harder after the punishment.

"But Man United fans respect me.

"I have an anecdote: One day, after what had happened with the Man United player, a Man United fan came to the restaurant where I was having lunch with my wife and asked for a picture. He told me, 'I admire you as a footballer.'"
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2: Jul 17, 2012 10:19:20 pm
      He can say whatever the F**k he likes in Uruguay. Freedom of speech. The more people that realise that we as a fan base genuinely think Luis is innocent the better. Still far too many people believe that us the fans know Suarez used racist language but we are supporting him regardless. That is just not true. We believe he used a word once that was not intended to be offensive to Evra.

Rather listen to Luis than that bag of sh*te I watched yesterday on BBC 3 with Clarke Carlisle anyhow.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #3: Jul 17, 2012 10:53:21 pm
      The liar Evra/ Ferguson/ FA conspiracy is not a legal matter, if it were Luis would be aquitted using the Terry trial as a reference point.
      It really is unbelievable (if true) that Luis was advised to keep quiet about the kagaroo court that brought shame to him and his family.
      There is still anger and frustration in the man and while it would be brilliant for him to put that rage into his game and blow the fuckers away unfortunately there is the danger that his temperament and latin passion will boil over. Let's hope the lad can keep his cool and not let the fuckers wind him up.   
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #4: Jul 17, 2012 11:02:36 pm
      We have to get past all this now - and get the best out of Suarez , the longer it rumbles on the more chance the media and other areas will force him out of the country.

As hard as it is Suarez himself needs to move on now. There is nothing we can do about it.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #5: Jul 17, 2012 11:17:51 pm
      We believe he used a word once that was not intended to be offensive to Evra.

And that F***ing liar knows that Luis will get in to trouble regardless if he actually felt offended or not.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #6: Jul 17, 2012 11:32:55 pm
      If the media had done its job in the first place, the whole issue would have been put to bed. They weren't journalists seeking truth or doing their job by asking questions of officials, they were merely stenographers who accepted to "official findings" as fact. That is a lack of courage and an example of very poor journalism.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #7: Jul 17, 2012 11:44:33 pm
      The bit that always got me in the official report was -

The video footage was provided in die cause.  It contained material that was not broadcast, including footage of the exchanges in the penalty area in the 63rd minute taken from a number of different angles

So Sky Sports had footage that could be controversial and prove Suarez said negro 10 plus times and chose not to air it.  Pull the other one, they didn't shy away from the Terry incident.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #8: Jul 18, 2012 01:04:40 am
      Glad Luis got it off his chest. Sounds like he was really hurt and affected by it. Also sounds like he confirms some of the belief that the handshake issue wasn't really him not abiding by what he told KK but that it was a ruse by Evra to make him look bad.

Don't think the ownership will have any say about this. He was interviewed in his own country and gave an honest assessment about his feelings and what he went through...if the owners don't like that they can kick rocks.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #9: Jul 18, 2012 04:10:40 am
      I was very proud to read that article this morning and really felt for him and his family when he spoke about the tough week and the cab to Manchester from early to late just for this stupid trial. But he didn't spit the money and ask to move immediately like so many would, that is the character and the strength of the man. Carroll too is copping it big time for being a Liverpool player but I think he'll come out of it stronger as well.

Man United are the Queens team - wise words once said to me from someone in London.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #10: Jul 18, 2012 05:06:40 am
      Maybe, this is not needed now. I think it is time we move on. I am not sure what is going to be the after-effects of this interview as "Suarez revealed his Anfield bosses have asked him not to speak about the Evra affair." part worries me.

What happened is not going to change and we all know that he was a victim. But, I do not think there is any point in giving interviews periodically and I think Luis may have opened a can of worms with that interview.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #11: Jul 18, 2012 06:04:59 am
      Maybe, this is not needed now. I think it is time we move on. I am not sure what is going to be the after-effects of this interview as "Suarez revealed his Anfield bosses have asked him not to speak about the Evra affair." part worries me.

What happened is not going to change and we all know that he was a victim. But, I do not think there is any point in giving interviews periodically and I think Luis may have opened a can of worms with that interview.
      It's as wrong now as it ever was, how can such a glaring injustice be allowed to stand? The Terry pantomime confirms that Luis was the victim of a conspiracy by three parties with ulterior motives and practices that made a liar of justice.
      The man and his family have had their honour and credibility hauled through the gutter by liars and deceivers, the danger is the embarrassing lack of support from LFC per se will be the leaving of Luis.
      The liars and deceivers will haunt LFC again. 
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #12: Jul 18, 2012 07:19:06 am

I agree it's time to move on now. Nothing positive can be gained by constantly pursuing this. The FA aren't going to overturn what happened. For the sake of the player and the club we need to move on
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #13: Jul 18, 2012 09:03:42 am
      F**k the FA this matter now wants presenting to a court of law, in the form of a private prosecution on behalf of Luis Suarez - defamation of character, slander, libel take your pick.
      For the sake of the man, his family and the club expose the liars and deceivers.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #14: Jul 18, 2012 09:08:34 am
      What exactly would that gain ?

Who exactly do you want to take to court ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #15: Jul 18, 2012 09:14:35 am
       It would reveal the people who blackened his reputation and had no authority to do so.
      It would expose the lies and deep seated corruption that could permit this conduct to achieve it's nefarius objective.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #16: Jul 18, 2012 09:19:55 am
      How will it ? And who would you bring into the court ?

Suarez admitted using the word ? Then it all comes down to interpretation.

The best is just leave it in the past now and concentrate on getting the best out of him on the pitch. Our club has been dragged through the mud enough times now over this issue and at times the club hasn't helped itself with the way it dealt with the whole incident.

I'm not sure exactly who you are looking to drag into court to expose.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #17: Jul 18, 2012 09:29:20 am
      Luis has every right to talk about this! His reputation was damaged and the media was all over him for the 'refusal of a handshake'! F**k THAT! I still get angry when I think about  all that. Luckily Kenny stood by his side! That's how it should be
      zxZXzx
      • Forum John Toshack

• 254 posts |
      Reply #18: Jul 18, 2012 09:50:44 am
      Luckily Kenny stood by his side! That's how it should be
      Kenny stood by his side and got what in return,Luis told him he will shake his Evra`s hand ( he didnt),he could tell that to Kenny in half time( he didnt),he could tell Kenny right after match (  he didnt),so Kenny was all over the place in post match interview,after that for me,Luis is low in my eyes,on the pitch only will support him as long he is our player.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #19: Jul 18, 2012 10:45:41 am
      Should have just called him a "F***ing black c**t" instead then, the punishment would have been less severe.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #20: Jul 18, 2012 10:53:53 am
      Kenny stood by his side and got what in return,Luis told him he will shake his Evra`s hand ( he didnt),he could tell that to Kenny in half time( he didnt),he could tell Kenny right after match (  he didnt),so Kenny was all over the place in post match interview,after that for me,Luis is low in my eyes,on the pitch only will support him as long he is our player.
      What about the people who instigated the situation in the first place?
      For what reason was the fiasco manafactured initially?
      Do you think Luis' reaction to a feigned sign of friendship was a planned scenario?
      If Luis has somehow slipped in your estimation so has LFC and it's supporters, to say nothing of Mr Dalglish who was and undoubtedly still is Luis' staunchest supporter.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #21: Jul 18, 2012 11:14:59 am
      YNWA Luis.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #22: Jul 18, 2012 11:33:21 am
      Well in Luis. Probably the first person since Rafa to come out and say what they feel about United. Everyone knows they're corrupt and have always had more backing and support from the FA than anyone else, but nobody has the balls to say it. I have massive respect for anyone who does.

This also just convinces me even further that he is innocent. I mean, if you had racially abused someone and got banned for it and it was all in the past, why bring it up again? If someone asked you to talk about it (and you were guilty) you'd probably just say you didn't want to talk about it because it was in the past. He would even be able to just say that he has been ordered by the club not to do so, as a way of dodging the question. But he feels so tormented by the injustice of what happened to him that he can't keep it in. Speaks volumes.

Twitter is full of idiots absolutely ripping Suarez apart for this interview and 99% of them have only read the headline that he was found guilty of racism, but not bothered to read any further. If they had done, they'd see the embarrassing facts from the trial and wonder why he was found guilty. However I suppose even if they did, they'd ignore it and rip him anyway, simply because they're jealous of his talent and that he plays for us and not them. As if being a Liverpool player isn't hard enough in the media these days.

Hate talking about this again as it just reminds me how angry the whole ordeal made me, but it's necessary to spread the word further that we as fans are backing him still.

His football will do all his talking this season.

Quick Reply