Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Daniel Agger (Man City)

Read 90613 times
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Re: Daniel Agger (Man City)
      Reply #1265: Aug 25, 2012 01:20:44 pm
      Also said we are title challengers this year. Now I love this club as much as anyone but Mancini is defo taking the piss.

i actually like Mancini, he is just easing off pressure off his players. every manager does it.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1266: Aug 25, 2012 01:24:41 pm
      i actually like Mancini, he is just easing off pressure off his players. every manager does it.
      Yeah I'm ok with Mancini. I think he struggles with English at times and that makes him come across in a bad way, at least not how he intends it.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #1267: Aug 25, 2012 02:33:20 pm
      All part of the brinkmanship AR...

I'd hope now though we will resist any offer, it's getting too late to find a replacement.

Would make no sense to sell right on the deadline.

Very true.  :-\
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1268: Aug 25, 2012 02:44:53 pm
      Yeah I'm ok with Mancini. I think he struggles with English at times and that makes him come across in a bad way, at least not how he intends it.

I don't think he struggles at all with English mate, he just pretends he does like Rafa used to at times, don't forget he had a spell playing in England around tens years ago and spoke good English then..

As said above it's just said to take pressure off his squad..
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1269: Aug 25, 2012 09:05:57 pm

I don't think he struggles at all with English mate, he just pretends he does like Rafa used to at times, don't forget he had a spell playing in England around tens years ago and spoke good English then..

As said above it's just said to take pressure off his squad..

Oh yeah I completely forgot about that. Was it Leicester City he was at?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1270: Aug 25, 2012 10:03:24 pm
      Oh yeah I completely forgot about that. Was it Leicester City he was at?

yeah that was it..

Very good player in his day as well...
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1271: Aug 27, 2012 02:23:57 pm
      Daniel Agger was never a target says Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini after draw with Liverpool FC

ROBERTO MANCINI says he intends to add to his Manchester City squad before the transfer window shuts this week, but ruled out a move for Liverpool defender Daniel Agger.

The City boss, speaking after his side's 2-2 draw with the Reds at Anfield, revealed that he would look to bring in some fresh faces this week.

Swansea City winger Scott Sinclair is reportedly on the verge of sealing a £6.2m move, but Mancini said there will be no new bid for Agger, even going so far as to deny that the Dane was ever in his thoughts.

“No, no, no. Agger was never one of our targets,” said Mancini. “Sinclair? Maybe. But we can say the names all day, all we know is we have five days to do our business.

“We need to bring players in. How many? Ten, fifteen, maybe?! We have five days and we will work hard for those five days.”

Mancini bemoaned the decision to award the free-kick from which Luis Suarez netted Liverpool's second goal, when Jack Rodwell was penalised for handball.

“It was like the penalty we conceded here (in the Carling Cup) last year,” he said. “It was not a penalty, it was not a free-kick, that is it.

“But we gave a very good performance.”

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/08/27/daniel-agger-was-never-a-target-says-manchester-city-boss-roberto-mancini-after-draw-with-liverpool-fc-100252-31703877/#ixzz24kilWlcB
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #1272: Aug 27, 2012 10:16:21 pm
      "Ten, fifteen, maybe?I". Funny to see Mancini having a go at the journalist... at least I hope that is what he was doing...?!?!?

One thing is for sure, ManC is expected to spend big over the next 5 days...
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #1273: Aug 27, 2012 10:57:29 pm
      “No, no, no. Agger was never one of our targets,” said Mancini. “Sinclair? Maybe. But we can say the names all day, all we know is we have five days to do our business.

Of course it's possible that Mancini is just denying it now because we turned him down, a bit like a bloke trying to pull, being turned down and saying, "You're ugly anyway, I was only doing it for a dare".

The second possibility and one that I'm beginning to suspect more and more is that Dagger's agent is being a cock and trying to secure his client a bit contract, possibly by bullshitting even Dagger.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1274: Aug 28, 2012 03:23:46 pm
      Again we start

Man City renew interest in Liverpool defender with higher bid.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012-Despite having a £20m bid  for the Danish defender rejected by the Merseyside club, City are plotting to test Liverpool’s resolve to keep Agger with a new bid reported to be in the region of £25m.

more>>  http://www.kenyan-post.com/2012/08/man-city-renew-interest-in-liverpool.html
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #1275: Aug 28, 2012 03:25:30 pm
      Again we start

Man City renew interest in Liverpool defender with higher bid.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012-Despite having a £20m bid  for the Danish defender rejected by the Merseyside club, City are plotting to test Liverpool’s resolve to keep Agger with a new bid reported to be in the region of £25m.

more>>  http://www.kenyan-post.com/2012/08/man-city-renew-interest-in-liverpool.html
      Kenyan Post? :o :lmao:
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1276: Aug 28, 2012 03:30:48 pm

Haha  I did not see kenyan , I just saw daily post     ;D
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #1277: Aug 30, 2012 12:04:34 am
      We are not selling Daniel Agger.

Hot Fuzz - Simon Pegg - Jog on!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #1278: Sep 21, 2012 10:46:11 pm
      Liverpool open contract negotiations with Denmark defender Daniel Agger

Liverpool have opened contract talks with Daniel Agger. Agger was the subject of a £20 million bid from Manchester City in August, but was adamant he had no wish to leave Anfield.

Now manager Brendan Rodgers wants to ensure there is no repeat of the uncertainty of the last transfer window.

The Dane has two years remaining of his current deal, and Liverpool insist they always planned to renew terms with the 27 year-old.

Those negotiations have now formally started, allowing Rodgers to cement the immediate futures of both his centre-halves. Martin Skrtel signed a new contract during pre-season.

Agger’s career on Merseyside has been plagued by injuries, but he has started the season having cemented his partnership with Skrtel.

The Danish international, who missed Thursday's Europa League trip to Switzerland to prepare for this weekend's visit of Manchester United,
      joined Liverpool from Brondby in 2007 for £5.5 million.

Meanwhile, ex-manager Kenny Dalglish will visit Anfield on Sunday for the first time since his departure last summer.

Dalglish will attend in support of the families of those who died at Hillsborough, as Liverpool pay their respects prior to the United game.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9557022/Liverpool-open-contract-negotiations-with-Denmark-defender-Daniel-Agger.html
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1279: Sep 22, 2012 12:01:40 am
      Great news, hope he signs soon and for a very long time.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1280: Oct 04, 2012 04:24:35 pm
      Rumoured to be on the verge of signing it. Great news.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1281: Oct 04, 2012 11:42:22 pm
      Once he signs and this thread is closed I will have a pint in celebration.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1282: Oct 05, 2012 02:42:45 pm
      I'll be relieved if and when he does sign. I'm confident that he will.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1283: Oct 05, 2012 02:55:04 pm
      Agger delight at new contract
      5th Oct 2012 - Latest News

Daniel Agger has today signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool.

The Dane committed his future to the Reds by putting pen to paper on the deal at Melwood on Friday morning.

After signing the contract, Agger told Liverpoolfc.com: "It means everything to me. This is where I want to be and I'm happy the club want me. I am really happy right now. I've never wanted to go anywhere else.

"I feel I am a part of this club - and I want to be a part of this club in the future.

"I like the way it is going right now with the style we're playing, and hopefully the results will come soon as well.

"The support from the fans has been unbelievable. The game when they were singing all the songs about me, it was difficult to focus on the game! It was such a good experience for me and I'd never experienced anything like it before.

"That is why I am so happy here. That for me is Liverpool Football Club.

"I feel I belong here and as long as the manager and the owners want me, I'll be here."

Agger joined Liverpool from Brondby in January 2006.

The centre-back has since made 177 appearances for the Reds, scoring nine goals, and is firmly established as a Kop favourite.

Managing director Ian Ayre said: "Daniel's contribution since joining the club in 2006 has been absolutely fantastic and his loyalty to the team is recognised by the deal he has signed today.

"Daniel always made it clear he wanted to stay at Liverpool and we're delighted that he's committed his future to the club.

"We brought in some very exciting players this summer - some of whom chose Liverpool over clubs in the Champions League.

"But it's equally important to retain your most important players and the fact that Daniel has now followed Luis Suarez, Martin Skrtel and Jonjo Shelvey in signing a new contract is testament to the fact that the players believe in what we're trying to achieve here under Brendan Rodgers."

Author: @James_Carroll84

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/agger-delight-at-new-contract

Great news! :)

Lock it up.  ;D
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1284: Oct 05, 2012 04:19:34 pm
      Was always confident. It's in this thread. Delighted :)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1285: Oct 05, 2012 04:53:12 pm
      Great news! ;D

Locked.

Quick Reply