Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Joe Pirlo Allen (Liverpool -> Stoke)

Read 201865 times
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Re: Joe Allen Player Thread
      Reply #1058: Mar 23, 2014 03:29:08 pm
      No you said he 'tried to ship Henderson off'. Tried being the operative word here which is untrue because it was a mere option he offered to Henderson.

You complete and utter bollocksmith.

Dear me. You're an angry and confused person. Bless
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1059: Mar 30, 2014 03:32:34 pm
      I always backed Henderson to come good because he shown glimpses of brilliance and I thought he could become good cover for Gerrard and one day replace him. The fact he's playing along side him has shown that it's even better.  Back onto the Allen subject.  I never thought he would be good. I wondered why we were signing him. He passes more than anyone and creates little.  He makes more than few errors at the back even if he does pass it a lot.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #1060: Mar 30, 2014 07:31:34 pm
      As predicted by most people after the last game, Allen was dropped for Sterling and we saw exactly why that was the correct decision. Although he should never have got into the team ahead of Sterling anyway

I hop we sell him in summer
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #1061: Mar 30, 2014 07:39:10 pm
      changing Allen for Sterling was a tactical choice Brendan made as Spurs do press up high and Sterling terrorised them
      He was not dropped because of his performances as he has played very well alongside Jordan for 4 games..its a squad game
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1062: Mar 30, 2014 07:42:48 pm
      As predicted by most people after the last game, Allen was dropped for Sterling and we saw exactly why that was the correct decision. Although he should never have got into the team ahead of Sterling anyway

You talk f**king bullshit - you must be in the f**king remedial class for learning football tactics. Whose your teacher - Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce?

It's clear Allen is an important asset for us - Brendan says so, and if Brendan says so then he's right. It was TACTICS, it wasn't being dropped. It's like banging your head against a brick wall with folk like you.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,479 posts | 2862 
      Reply #1063: Mar 30, 2014 07:47:33 pm

Funny how the boss doesn't see it that way.

I'm not his biggest fan at all but it's silly to underestimate how important he was in the last few games (especially Southampton and United).
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1064: Mar 30, 2014 08:01:03 pm
      Look at me, mum, I'm so controversial on the internet!
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #1065: Mar 30, 2014 08:02:31 pm
      You talk f**king bullshit - you must be in the f**king remedial class for learning football tactics. Whose your teacher - Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce?

It's clear Allen is an important asset for us - Brendan says so, and if Brendan says so then he's right. It was TACTICS, it wasn't being dropped. It's like banging your head against a brick wall with folk like you.

Oh dear
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #1066: Mar 30, 2014 08:08:20 pm
      Look at me, mum, I'm so controversial on the internet!

It's not controversial. I said he would be dropped for this game after last week, and Sterling would take his place. I was right. It wasn't exactly a surprise either. Most people said the same.

He won't be back in the starting XI any time soon either. Also not a surprise, because Sterling is miles better and Allen isn't very good
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1067: Mar 30, 2014 08:12:53 pm
      It wasn't exactly a surprise either.

Like you choosing to focus on the impact of a substitute player after an emphatic victory that returns us to the top of the table.

Embarrassing.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #1068: Mar 30, 2014 08:15:30 pm
      Like you choosing to focus on the impact of a substitute player after an emphatic victory that returns us to the top of the table.

Embarrassing.

I haven't focused on Allen.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #1069: Mar 30, 2014 08:17:22 pm

The last post before the thread was bumped today was yours, winding up another poster yet again.

Three further posts tonight (not counting your short reply quoted) searching further reaction sum up your contribution to this community - absolutely worthless.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #1070: Mar 30, 2014 08:19:24 pm
      The last post before the thread was bumped today was yours, winding up another poster yet again.

Three further posts tonight (not counting your short reply quoted) searching further reaction sum up your contribution to this community - absolutely worthless.

I was largely castigated for suggesting that Allen was rubbish and should be dropped. He was. We won. Sterling was immense.

Of course, perhaps you would prefer posters calling people ' F***ing remedials' for having the temerity to be correct.

I don't like Joe Allen. He's really ordinary. But that's not really a controversial opinion. Maybe we should ' Talk About Gerrard' and slyly demean one of our greatest ever players.

Having an opinion - which is usually correct - seems to be unpopular
      Maybe I should start having wrong opinions that are usually wrong.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #1071: Mar 30, 2014 08:24:21 pm
      I was largely castigated for suggesting that Allen was rubbish and should be dropped. He was. We won. Sterling was immense.

Which does not detract from your continual belittling of other forum members and obnoxious attitude.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #1072: Mar 30, 2014 08:31:00 pm
      Great performance today and all this idiot can do is write about what a master tactician he is for suggesting Allen might not start.
      What if he starts against the Hammers?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #1073: Mar 30, 2014 08:32:48 pm
      Great performance today and all this idiot can do is write about what a master tactician he is for suggesting Allen might not start.
      What if he starts against the Hammers?

He is now banned.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1074: Mar 30, 2014 09:05:57 pm

So he is now manwithnopostingprivileg es

That rocks.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1075: Mar 30, 2014 09:15:39 pm

I don't think the opinion that Allen should be dropped in favor of Sterling is controversial. A lot of people here agree with this.
      The way you put it forward, though, makes you look like a bit of an attention whore, that's all.

I like Joe Allen by the way, but right now he's pretty much a tactical option; not a player I would pick if the idea was to select our 11 more in form players, but someone who gives the squad different options for games in which we might need a different game plan. I trust Rodgers to use him effectively.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1076: Mar 30, 2014 09:31:32 pm

Of course, perhaps you would prefer posters calling people ' f**king remedials' for having the temerity to be correct.

I don't like Joe Allen. He's really ordinary. But that's not really a controversial opinion. Maybe we should ' Talk About Gerrard' and slyly demean one of our greatest ever players.

Having an opinion - which is usually correct - seems to be unpopular
      Maybe I should start having wrong opinions that are usually wrong.Fun

Quite fun watching you going over the edge..muppets like you always do.

Thanks to the mods for an early Christmas present.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1077: Mar 30, 2014 10:18:30 pm
      Ah that's a pity  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1078: Mar 31, 2014 06:32:39 pm

A proper tw*t he was.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1079: Mar 31, 2014 07:02:02 pm
      Good again from Joe when he came on, there is a player in there itching to get out.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #1080: Mar 31, 2014 07:09:56 pm
      Good again from Joe when he came on, there is a player in there itching to get out.
      He has more than made an impact in this diamond formation alongside Hendo. those two lads have energy to burn

Quick Reply