Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Mancs at it again

Read 38069 times
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Re: Mancs at it again
      Reply #276: Sep 25, 2012 11:26:42 pm
      What exactly do you want George to do about it though? He's only pointing out a fact, it is their responsibility to discipline their fans. All Liverpool FC can do is cut their ticket allocation at Anfield again.

Agree with the ticket comment, what I would like George to do is stand up for LFC and have a F***ing go at their fans, which he has repeatedly not done.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #277: Sep 25, 2012 11:27:49 pm
      I'm off, truely saddened by the attitude of some on here tonight.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #278: Sep 25, 2012 11:29:56 pm
      Think you missed my point completely there lad.

You said:

I replied:

I don't get how you are kicking off against a couple of Liverpool fans when there are a couple of thousand of mancs who f**king dissed us.

As I have said in earlier posts, even though I have seen no evidence of the Liverpool idiots, they deserve what they get, bans hopefully, f**king idiots giving internet morons the chance to have a go at LFC.  No excuses there for them, but you have repeatedly implored us to let mufc deal with their own and condem the two.

That's what I don't get George.

The point is that there's not much we can do, it's F***ing disgraceful what they did but when there's little we can do is it better to sit around getting angry and full of rage? We could lobby the FA or something but all they'd do at most is hit them with a paltry fine. All Liverpool FC can do is cut their ticket allocation. You might think it is but some of us out here don't think it is worth letting this petty tribalist bullshit consume us.

The two idiots belonging to our supporters our in our control, all he's saying is he wants them banned. I don't think he's exaggerated the amount of our fans that behaved appallingly either.

On an end note, take a step back a second and see what's happened here. We're letting the chants of our rivals make us turn on one another, how is that healthy? Just because someone doesn't visibly display the same pent-up ire as another doesn't mean they are not angry about the situation.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #279: Sep 25, 2012 11:32:28 pm
      Agree with the ticket comment, what I would like George to do is stand up for LFC and have a f**king go at their fans, which he has repeatedly not done.

I understand where you're coming from but what would that really achieve? Just because we're not all yelling from the barricades doesn't mean we're not all angry. Personally I don't want to be full of anger and rage at the hands of a petty tribalist rivalry. I am upset by the chants but screaming blue murder at the screen or typing it out on a forum won't help and won't rid me of any annoyance. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #280: Sep 25, 2012 11:32:51 pm

That would the same FA with one David Gill on the board!!
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #281: Sep 25, 2012 11:35:24 pm
      Agree with the ticket comment, what I would like George to do is stand up for LFC and have a F***ing go at their fans, which he has repeatedly not done.

Yes I have had a go at them.

George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #282: Sep 25, 2012 11:37:23 pm
      That would the same FA with one David Gill on the board!!

I know mate.

There is so much in football that needs changing

The game is damaged
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #283: Sep 25, 2012 11:41:15 pm
      Think you missed my point completely there lad.

You said:

I replied:

I don't get how you are kicking off against a couple of Liverpool fans when there are a couple of thousand of mancs who F***ing dissed us.

As I have said in earlier posts, even though I have seen no evidence of the Liverpool idiots, they deserve what they get, bans hopefully, F***ing idiots giving internet morons the chance to have a go at LFC.  No excuses there for them, but you have repeatedly implored us to let mufc deal with their own and condem the two.

That's what I don't get George.

We can't F***ing deal with them can we ?!

Or did you want to get the baseball bats out and start thinking of our own punishments

You don't seem to realise the seriousness of the action of a number of our own fans.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #284: Sep 26, 2012 01:23:36 am
      The simple fact is a minority of Liverpool fans let the club down !! It makes no F***ing difference if it was 1 , 2 or a thousand ! They let the F***ing club down

Of course it does, and to suggest other wise is bizarre. I know you like coming across as different and controversial but what you are saying there is just bat sh*t crazy.

When it is 1 or 2 it is not "Liverpool fans" or even "some Liverpool fans". Why you keep describing those 2 people as such I'm struggling to comprehend tbh. If it was 2,000 of our fans out of 40,000 then that would be a real cause for concern, and you could use such terms correctly. Minority, some, a section etc etc... As it stands though Liverpool cannot take responsibility for those 2 people. All we can do is ban them and condemn their actions. The club doesn't need to feel ashamed of it's fans today and the fans don't need to feel ashamed of themselves either.

Can Man United supporters say the same?

99.9999% of our fans respected the occasion, and about 80% (maybe more) of the mancs didn't. Their club has every reason to be ashamed of their supporters. This was not a minority, this was an overwhelming majority, and one that stains their club make no mistake.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #285: Sep 26, 2012 01:30:08 am
      And I posted my disgust at what a certain amount of our own fans did.

It is a certain amount, you are right. It is certainly 2.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #286: Sep 26, 2012 07:16:55 am
      They are Liverpool Fans ?!? What the F**k do you call them then if they aren't "Liverpool Fans/Supporters"

JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #287: Sep 26, 2012 08:07:39 am
      I made a comment earlier in this thread in which I aluded to being uncomfortable with the amount of focus that was being placed on how the Mancs would act/react to this past weekend's game, and the focus that was being put on it.  IMO it was taking away from where the focus should be.  On the match, and on the strides made towards justice.

There were signs (audibly over TV mics) that the Mancs were foaming at the mouth to get on with their usual insulting chants ( I wouldn't even consider them songs, not inventive enough to be considered songs).

Unfortunately all it took to give the mancs a little nudge to take the step they were very willing to do was a couple of morons giving them a reason. 

I agree with GL.  This stuff does need to be put behind us.  But once that mob got any inclination/ provocation to show their hatred for LFC, we knew it would happen. 

So a couple of knobs (apparently) lit the fire.  Then the mob of scum figured what they had been waiting with bated breath to start chanting was clear and open game. 

Such a sad state to see the way things have unfolded and ended up over shadowing what was truly important.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #288: Sep 26, 2012 09:45:10 am
      Did anyone catch the several hundred Everton supporters at the end of their game completely ruining the earlier solemn and well observed tributes to the 96?
      No I didn't either - it was only the manc faithful that behaved like that, some would say the blues are a bigger rival than the mancs and have been for some time but on the day they had the dignity and respect to pay tribute to the men, women and children who died in the tragedy.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #289: Sep 26, 2012 09:53:52 am
      They are Liverpool Fans ?!? What the F**k do you call them then if they aren't "Liverpool Fans/Supporters"

Problem is you're still using the plural, Merseyside Police have stated it was one individual and while the club is responsible for the group of fans, fans, as individuals, should self police, as has been done on here and can't be held responsible for one idiot. 

We should ask Man United to investigate their own, if they fail to do so, we cut their allocation. 
      « Last Edit: Sep 26, 2012 10:24:45 am by Roddenberry »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #290: Sep 26, 2012 10:20:14 am
      Problem is you're still using the plural, Merseyside Police have stated it was one individual and while the club is responsible for the group of fans, fans should self police, as has been done on here and can't be held responsible for one idiot. 

We should ask Man United to investigate their own, if they fail to do so, we cut their allocation. 
      The object of course while insisting on using the plural when factually not applicable, is to endeavour to lighten the blame on the morons in their hundreds who abused and defiled the dead, their club and themselves by their actions.
      Anyone who attempts to explain away this conduct should not be on this forum.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #291: Sep 26, 2012 10:24:35 am
      You don't half talk some utter sh*te.

George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #292: Sep 26, 2012 10:35:34 am
      Problem is you're still using the plural, Merseyside Police have stated it was one individual and while the club is responsible for the group of fans, fans, as individuals, should self police, as has been done on here and can't be held responsible for one idiot. 

The reports are plural mate - one was thrown out but other have said it was more than one

The point I'm making is quite simple

We asked that the day be respected and rightly so but there was always a doubt that the Mancs would use any excuse to go against that.

What I didn't expect is that the reason would come from a Liverpool fan or fans - I fully expected every single Liverpool fan in that ground to totally 100% respect the day - and someone didn't - that to me is heartbreaking and beyond excusable !! Because people did the airplane gesture it gave the scum in their tiny F***ing inbred mind their justification to start the chants .

I am most certainly not ignoring the Mancs vile chants and their club must do something if they don't then the FA and if they don't then we cut their tickets. That way we don't have to hear that vile sh*te again

With our fans I hope the one who got kicked out us banned for life I also hope CCTV is being used to weed out our elements of scum and they get banned and we keep going until it stops fully.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #293: Sep 26, 2012 10:51:47 am
      The reports are plural mate - one was thrown out but other have said it was more than one

2 is more than 1 I'll give you that.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #294: Sep 26, 2012 11:13:31 am

The point I'm making is quite simple

We asked that the day be respected and rightly so but there was always a doubt that the Mancs would use any excuse to go against that.

What I didn't expect is that the reason would come from a Liverpool fan or fans - I fully expected every single Liverpool fan in that ground to totally 100% respect the day - and someone didn't - that to me is heartbreaking and beyond excusable !! Because people did the airplane gesture it gave the scum in their tiny F***ing inbred mind their justification to start the chants .

I am most certainly not ignoring the Mancs vile chants and their club must do something if they don't then the FA and if they don't then we cut their tickets. That way we don't have to hear that vile sh*te again

With our fans I hope the one who got kicked out us banned for life I also hope CCTV is being used to weed out our elements of scum and they get banned and we keep going until it stops fully.

I honestly don't know what you want from this discussion? Tell us.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #295: Sep 26, 2012 11:17:57 am
      2 is undoubtedly more than 1 nevertheless there was only one dickhead ejected and hearsay and rumour about another individual involved do not absolve the hundreds of manc supporters and their vile chants, on this occasion and many others in the past.

I honestly don't know what you want from this discussion? Tell us.
      It appears he is attempting to do what I describe above and absolve the mancs from blame/shift the blame onto an aeroplane impersonator.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #296: Sep 26, 2012 11:19:19 am
      I don't want anything , I just posted my point and then stuck up fur myself when a few incorrectly stated I was ignoring what the Mancs did
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #297: Sep 26, 2012 11:21:29 am
      2 is undoubtedly more than 1 nevertheless there was only one dickhead ejected and hearsay and rumour about another individual involved do not absolve the hundreds of manc supporters and their vile chants, on this occasion and many others in the past.
      It appears he is attempting to do what I describe above and absolve the mancs from blame/shift the blame onto an aeroplane impersonator.

And there is the perfect example right there.

Quite happy to keep discussing me without having the guts to talk to me.

I haven't once tried to shift any blame or justify anything or absolve anyone

So not for the first time - get your facts correct
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #298: Sep 26, 2012 11:27:50 am
      I don't want anything , I just posted my point and then stuck up fur myself when a few incorrectly stated I was ignoring what the Mancs did

Hang on mate, lets summarize this. 

The one or two fans in the Liverpool end who did the aeroplane gesture are arseholes and deserve banning for life yes?

The god knows how many who actually sang those vile songs in the United end are arseholes and deserve banning for life yes?

We all agree on that.  So what are you chasing your tail for?

Quick Reply