Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What will be the outcome?

BSC Young Boys Win
      7 (5.8%)
      Draw
      23 (19%)
      Liverpool Win
      91 (75.2%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Young Boys 3:5 Liverpool: Europa League: Pre, In game & Post Match Joy

Read 38525 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Young Boys 3:5 Liverpool: Europa League: Pre, In game & Post Match Joy
      Reply #460: Sep 20, 2012 08:02:48 pm
      And just out of interest.... saturdays lotto numbers!? :f_tongueincheek:

Sod Saturdays, Fridays Euro for me.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Re: Young Boys vs Liverpool: Europa League Thu 20 Sept 2012 KO 18:00
      Reply #461: Sep 20, 2012 08:03:44 pm
      Loved the response to going down, it's always good to see a team prove they have the will to fight for a win.

You can see that Rodgers' mentality is taking hold. Everyone seems to be thinking faster, passing crisper. It's encouraging to see, even if these guys aren't regular starters.

Liked what I saw from Suso and Assaidi, would love to see both more involved in the league. Shame we didn't see Yesil.

Really disappointing in defense. What in the hell has happened to Jose Enrique? He was consistently one of our best players much of last year, but now he is such a liability I can't see him playing for us in the league. And Carragher unfortunately has proven that he is no longer at a level to play for us, even in this and lesser competitions. Positive is that Wisdom and Coates looked solid to my eye.

Jonjo MOTM
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #462: Sep 20, 2012 08:04:27 pm
      Just another one of those crazy European nights! ;D

Bet no-one's thinking it's a sh*t competition now, really entertaining match!

We already have three UEFA Cups, and I'm just enjoying seeing us back on the continent again.

I think the Europa League gives you are more entertaining games for your money.

Different teams each year, far more eclectic that the CL.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,254 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #463: Sep 20, 2012 08:05:16 pm
      Why on earth would you think that?

I don't think we've ever crossed posts before.

Your reply too me earlier had me baffled. I had said "have I lied" your response was strange to me I thought I must have annoyed you in a previous post or something.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #464: Sep 20, 2012 08:05:50 pm
      Well that was all a bit mental, but job done, some good performances and a great game to watch.

Can't ask for more really after the team we put out.  :D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,254 posts | 2820 
      Reply #465: Sep 20, 2012 08:06:26 pm
      And just out of interest.... saturdays lotto numbers!? :f_tongueincheek:

Ha ha dare I predict Sundays game mate!!!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 1507 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #466: Sep 20, 2012 08:12:07 pm
      Your reply too me earlier had me baffled. I had said "have I lied" your response was strange to me I thought I must have annoyed you in a previous post or something.
      My response was because I had no idea why you said to me 'Have I lied?', or rather, I wondered why you thought I'd replied to your post in particular when I hadn't 'quoted' your post.

My response was to all the other posts that were made (at least the more negative ones) because I thought given the circumstances (young team, away from home, European match, new players, debutees) we did a good job out there.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #467: Sep 20, 2012 08:14:30 pm
      From a Arsenal Fan on Twitter, reposted on the BBC Website.

"Steady on people, both Shelvey and Liverpool have been made to look great against a much worse team in the wrong European competition!"

Err, F**k off, Our reserve team, with debutants, I'll take that every day of the week, except Fridays.

stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #468: Sep 20, 2012 08:19:27 pm
      Borini has straight away had an impact

Fancy Shelvey to win it

And how right you were Brian !!!! He changed the game big time,Top of the group.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,254 posts | 2820 
      Reply #469: Sep 20, 2012 08:19:56 pm
      My response was because I had no idea why you said to me 'Have I lied?', or rather, I wondered why you thought I'd replied to your post in particular when I hadn't 'quoted' your post.

My response was to all the other posts that were made (at least the more negative ones) because I thought given the circumstances (young team, away from home, European match, new players, debutees) we did a good job out there.

Misunderstandings, I suppose its one of those things that happen on forums sorry Rush

Now back to the footie... 
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #470: Sep 20, 2012 08:19:58 pm
      Good result and performance, was impressed with Suso, Wisdom and Assaidi on their debuts. Thought Sahin and Henderson controlled the match. Coates was very impressed to, he is coming along well.

Borini movement was good and Shelvey took his goals well hard to believe he is only 20.

Thought Enrique Downing and Carragher were absolutely woeful. Carragher is finished
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #471: Sep 20, 2012 08:21:53 pm
      Though Borini did well considering he didn't travel :P

Nah but some good performances and some shockers today. Carra, Enrique and Pacheco being the three worst. Coates continues to impress me and Wisdom did well on debut and glad he got a goal. Suso did well on the fringes of the game, Sahin looked composed on the ball and Assaidi gave a taste of his talent.

Hendo played well by doing the simple things well and maybe we now have to accept that that is his role in the side. No thrills, no spills. Shelvey though was the most impressive and he seems to have kicked on from last season and is now looking a very powerful, direct runner from midfield as well as having an eye for a pass.

Overall the game was good fun, but I'm looking forward to Carras return to the bench as harsh as that sounds.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #472: Sep 20, 2012 08:23:08 pm
      From a Arsenal Fan on Twitter, reposted on the BBC Website.

"Steady on people, both Shelvey and Liverpool have been made to look great against a much worse team in the wrong European competition!"

Err, F**k off, Our reserve team, with debutants, I'll take that every day of the week, except Fridays.

I'm sure they'd be delighted to win it if they didn't progress past the cl groups, they've never won cl and once won cup winners , european misfits.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #473: Sep 20, 2012 08:24:14 pm
      My MotM was Brad Jones - thought he had a brilliant game and wasn't to blame for any of the goals

Wisdom a close second

Shelves a cose 3rd

Enrique, Downing, Carra were lacklustre

Jones your not serious are you Rush, he was very undecisive for the 3rd goal
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #474: Sep 20, 2012 08:24:33 pm
      Just yesterday, the manager said that he thinks Carra can carry on playing beyond this season.

I wonder if he thinks that now. Very poor tonight.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #475: Sep 20, 2012 08:25:11 pm
      Missed Shelveys last goal because me daughter wanted to watch Peppa pig.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #476: Sep 20, 2012 08:25:34 pm
       :boxing: :boxing:Never got to see the game (what a game to miss eh!), but happier than a pig in sh*te with the result! Bring on the Manc's
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #477: Sep 20, 2012 08:29:01 pm
      Carragher led from the back, think rodgers is lying a bit there
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #478: Sep 20, 2012 08:29:05 pm

I am sure from many years of Arsenal youngsters, if it was one of them who did that the media would praise how great the kid is and how Wenger has found another gem.

As for the game very good result, BR pulled off a risky move by sending reserve squad away from to a side who I was shocked to hear never lost a UEFA competition game at home since the 60's. Away points are always big, want to get as much as you can early to ease the pressure off when the fixtures really pile on in December.

Impressed with Assaidi who looks like a tricky little player who good skill and a powerful shot, Jonjo really made the difference coming off the bench and turning the game around for us. Sahin looked a little better tonight but hope once he gets more minutes under his belt he will show a lot more because right now he is a shadow of the player who was one of the best in Germany. Henderson did alright, nice pass on the 4th goal and closed down really well as it seem he was set up to be the destroyer of the trio  in the middle. Suso show a few flashes as did Borini when he came off the bench.

Jose I thought looked very poor, getting skimmed a lot by the attackers and poor with the ball. Pacheco I don't think touched the ball at all during the game and Downing show a few flashes but still can't recall him beating a players 1v1.

All in all maybe not the best way of going about getting the points but we got the result with our reserve squad which is what we were looking for.

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #479: Sep 20, 2012 08:39:22 pm
      Great to get some goals from open play!

Its amazing the difference when we have a player who turns and heads towards the opposition goal... i.e. Shelvey i.e. not Downing!

Jose was the worse of our 14 with Downing a close 2nd... he frustrates me sooo much, hes so poor going forward and lacks confidence to even go pass a poor defense like YB's.... Im not afraid to say it and I think most would agree Downing at the age 28 could really learn a lot from Sterling age 17...

Wisdom looks the part....

Borini's positioning is great and I think goals will come but im not sure if he will ever be a 20 goal a season man... time will prove me wrong me hopes!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,648 posts | 3918 
      Reply #480: Sep 20, 2012 08:45:38 pm
      Got to admire Shelvey, like Sterling and really taking his chance.

Very impressive. But if anyone is thinking to bench Gerrard then I think it's crazy, gerrard is still amazing when he wants to be and way too talented to be on the bench.

Gerrard to hit the winner against UTD.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 1507 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #481: Sep 20, 2012 08:47:19 pm
      Misunderstandings, I suppose its one of those things that happen on forums sorry Rush

Now back to the footie...
      Wholeheartedly agree :)

5 goals away from home - crazy!
      RedCanuck
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts |
      Reply #482: Sep 20, 2012 08:47:29 pm
      Jones your not serious are you Rush, he was very undecisive for the 3rd goal

He was a little slow to react but the blame lies with the defenders who allowed the player between 2 of them and he didnt even have to jump!  I thought Jones had a good game.  A win is a win!

Quick Reply