Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Anzhi Mackachkala 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Comments

Read 30959 times
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Re: LIVE: Anzhi v Liverpool
      Reply #23: Nov 08, 2012 04:16:09 pm
      Thanks MsG, I couldn't find it!
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #24: Nov 08, 2012 04:16:26 pm
      Speaks volumes about the strength of our squad when a 17 year old hasn't had to travel.

I'll be honest - I don't understand how Rodgers is treating this competition.  One minute he sends out a very strong side at home, a couple of days before a Merseyside derby, and then the next minute in the same competition he sends out the kids. 

Fair enough - the travelling is a ballache - but if he isn't taking it seriously - then why didn't he give our best players a rest before the derby?

The travelling is pretty much the reason - strong teams at home whilst second string away - so he is taking it seriously but also being wary about tiring players out in regards travelling to distant countries.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #25: Nov 08, 2012 04:17:10 pm
      9 poms in the first 11. Been a while since I've seem that.
      Crazy horses
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #26: Nov 08, 2012 04:18:47 pm
      Speaks volumes about the strength of our squad when a 17 year old hasn't had to travel.

I'll be honest - I don't understand how Rodgers is treating this competition.  One minute he sends out a very strong side at home, a couple of days before a Merseyside derby, and then the next minute in the same competition he sends out the kids. 

Fair enough - the travelling is a ballache - but if he isn't taking it seriously - then why didn't he give our best players a rest before the derby?

Maybe someone at the club has had a word about the importance of Premier League points?

Our team needed playing time when he put the strong side out, plus the travelling before Chelsea.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #27: Nov 08, 2012 04:19:02 pm
      Starting XI - Jones, Wisdom, Carragher, Coates, Flanagan, Shelvey, Henderson, Coady, Downing, Cole, Morgan.

Subs: Gulacsi, Wilson, Robinson, Assaidi, Pacheco, Suso, Sama.

Was gonna have a bet on it not with that team i cant
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,538 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #28: Nov 08, 2012 04:22:35 pm
      Cole?..... PLAY ASSAIDI!!!!!!!!!!!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #29: Nov 08, 2012 04:22:52 pm

Maybe someone at the club has had a word about the importance of Premier League points?
      [/quote
      apart form the obvious resting players for Sunday is Brendan perhaps just showing people how threadbare his squad is.?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #30: Nov 08, 2012 04:23:21 pm
      Not gonna lie, that lineup doesn't exactly fill me with the utmost confidence. A point in Russia would be pretty good though. Want to win, but given the squad, the travel, and one more fixture at Anfield left, getting a point wouldn't be too shabby.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #31: Nov 08, 2012 04:25:04 pm
      7 internationals in that team plus two under 21 internationals

I hope BR isnt picking a team just to "show" the size of the squad - i expect BR has better principles than that

LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #32: Nov 08, 2012 04:25:58 pm
      right £1 on liverpool to win 3-1 ...50/1 wont hold my breath ...........COME ON MORGAN!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #33: Nov 08, 2012 04:26:54 pm
      0-0 would probably be a half decent bet because that's clearly what we're playing for, 10/1 wouldn't put anyone off
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34: Nov 08, 2012 04:28:04 pm
      7 internationals in that team plus two under 21 internationals

I hope BR isnt picking a team just to "show" the size of the squad - i expect BR has better principles than that

Ireland put out a team of 11 Internationals every time I watch them and it doesn't make it pretty...

Subs are going to be pretty obvious here.
      Pacheco for Morgan early in the second half.
      Assaidi for Cole moments before he collapses in a heap.
      Maybe Suso for Downing late on.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #35: Nov 08, 2012 04:28:50 pm
      Assaidi for Cole moments before he collapse in a heap.

:lmao: So, 5th minute?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,538 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #36: Nov 08, 2012 04:29:27 pm
      I just dont get why he has chosen Joe Cole... We have younger talents like Assaidi and Pacheco who can give a lot more to the game who dont feature much for the league team so they are ready to start these games.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #37: Nov 08, 2012 04:29:46 pm
      0-0 would probably be a half decent bet because that's clearly what we're playing for, 10/1 wouldn't put anyone off

I think there will be goals and am just being optimistic   ;D ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #38: Nov 08, 2012 04:30:58 pm

:lmao: :lmao: Don't tempt fate hun  ;) but I think you could well be right !!
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #39: Nov 08, 2012 04:31:28 pm
      Ireland put out a team of 11 Internationals every time I watch them and it doesn't make it pretty...

I dont care about it being pretty as long as they get a result - it seems like these guys might as well fly back now with the way people are speaking on here.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,374 posts | 2821 
      Reply #40: Nov 08, 2012 04:32:02 pm
      I just dont get why he has chosen Joe Cole... We have younger talents like Assaidi and Pacheco who can give a lot more to the game who dont feature much for the league team so they are ready to start these games.

I think Assaidi might be in contention to be play Sunday ahead of Suso? And Pacheco did play on Monday.

I do agree with you that Cole shouldn't start though - he was a joke last week against Swansea.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #41: Nov 08, 2012 04:32:29 pm

Already have a couple of youngsters in the team - Cole adds a bit of expirience - lets hope he doesnt break down
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #42: Nov 08, 2012 04:33:15 pm
      Anzhi Makhachkala:
      Georgi Gabulov, Logashov, Samba, Joao Carlos, Tagirbekov, Ahmedov, Jucilei, Zhirkov, Eto'o, Boussoufa, Traore.

Subs: Pomazan, Gadzhibekov, Agalarov, Lakhiyalov, Carcela-Gonzalez, Smolov, Burmistrov.

Leading the Russian league and with a near impeccable home record of 14 wins and one draw in all competitions, Anzhi should provide a stern test for a second string Liverpool side who will just want to get the match over with and will happily settle for a point. Although Lassana Diarra is out with a knee injury, manager Guus Hiddink is likely to field a full-strength team, with Samuel Eto'o, Christopher Samba, Yuri Zhirkov and Lacina Traore all expected to start.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/08/anzhi-makhachkala-liverpool-europa-league-live?CMP=twt_gu
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #43: Nov 08, 2012 04:33:17 pm
      Georgi Gabulov, Logashov, Samba, Joao Carlos, Tagirbekov, Ahmedov, Jucilei, Zhirkov, Eto'o, Boussoufa, Traore. Subs: Pomazan, Gadzhibekov, Agalarov, Lakhiyalov, Carcela-Gonzalez, Smolov, Burmistrov.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #44: Nov 08, 2012 04:33:22 pm

haha nice one Racer
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,374 posts | 2821 
      Reply #45: Nov 08, 2012 04:34:35 pm
      Anzhi Makhachkala:
      Georgi Gabulov, Logashov, Samba, Joao Carlos, Tagirbekov, Ahmedov, Jucilei, Zhirkov, Eto'o, Boussoufa, Traore.

Subs: Pomazan, Gadzhibekov, Agalarov, Lakhiyalov, Carcela-Gonzalez, Smolov, Burmistrov.

Good job that Carcela is on the bench, was their best player the other week IMO.

Traore looked a danger too, hopefully Coates has that under control.

Quick Reply